Scoob! 2020 CGI Scooby Doo reboot - Surprisingly, the cast list actually looks pretty damn cool.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
How is this news? This has been happening for Scooby since the 60's. It's constantly being brought back, continued, or re-invented for new audiences.
Doesn't mean it isn't cringe. I was bothered by how different Velma sounded and the Toxic Masculinity line was clearly because it was in production during the high of Wokeness being the trend at the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyril Sneer

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't mean it isn't cringe. I was bothered by how different Velma sounded and the Toxic Masculinity line was clearly because it was in production during the high of Wokeness being the trend at the time.
The trouble is that buzzwords have infested pop culture to the point where its hard to tell if the writers were trying to be woke or if it was just a dumb joke they inserted into the script. I'll have to really sit down and watch the movie to determine its woke factor, but a crappily ADR'd line isn't enough for me to call it right now.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
The trouble is that buzzwords have infested pop culture to the point where its hard to tell if the writers were trying to be woke or if it was just a dumb joke they inserted into the script. I'll have to really sit down and watch the movie to determine its woke factor, but a crappily ADR'd line isn't enough for me to call it right now.
Yeah the horrible line delivery makes me think it was added to the film late in production

• Agree
Reactions: InsolentGaylord

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Alright, weird request but I need this one clip for something. I need the Dick Dasterdly disguised as the hot cop scene with sound and in decent enough quality. If anyone can provide it you shall all be rewarded with something in return.

Edit: Look at the post after the next. I just crapped it out in like a few minutes once I figured out how to get the footage into Vegas quickly.

Last edited:

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Wonder how far I'd get if I wrote a script with "Toxic Femininity" in it.

My response to "There's no such thing" would be "Tina Fey literally wrote a movie about it" (Mean Girls)

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
Fred being into traps is established lore.

The fact that show only lasted 2 seasons is still a sore spot for me. Best Scooby show since A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.

Monsters unleashed isn’t a good film but it has its moments. Plus it has this bit which is scary in how well it’s aged

Linda Cardellini playing Velma dressed in a tight leather outfit. That's a thumbs up right there from me.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Even if this isn't a great start, I like the idea of a shared Hanna Barbera cinematic universe.

I actually remember Blue Falcon and Dynomutt from reruns on Cartoon Network when I was a kid, it's kinda crazy to see such obscure characters suddenly get the CGI animation treatment.

Tags
None