SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

Villager of Death

kiwifarms.net
EDIT 5/4/12: Procyonlotor and friends banning a guy for criticizing Islam:
http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-2232052/teleportingcats

Shout-out to @Owen Grady for helping me play detective on this one.

For those not in the know, the SCP Foundation was spawned from the creepypasta fandom through many posts on /x/, detailing a mysterious organization that documented and contained anomalous items and entities. Eventually, a website database of these documents was created, and regulations were put in place to prevent Mary Sues and edgy Jeff the Killer clones.

Sounds good, right? Well it all goes downhill from here.

For one thing, many staff members Mary Sue HARD, with entire pages of in-universe information where they're basically full on superheroes. Dr. Clef's and Dr. Bright's are the most damning:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/drclef-member-page
http://www.scp-wiki.net/dr-bright-s-personnel-file

However, a Mary Sue or two does not a thread make. No, for that we have to go deeper. We'll scratch the surface for now by examining one staff member who is part cow and an incident that was started by a member cow.

ProcyonLotor is a staff member who works as both a chat moderator and a member of the "Community Outreach Team." He also spergs out constantly.

Exhibit A:

Here we see ProcyonLotor acting with the grace of a 6-year-old's tantrum because someone forgot to use capitalization a few times.

In addition to the sperging, he roleplays as a raccoon constantly, and is also (you guessed it) a furry.
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9qt3t/i_have_been_an_active_member_in_the_furry/c0e0oyh/
Here he not only admits to being a furry for more than 17 years at this point, but also that many furries are also animal rapists. Go figure.

Oh, his tumblr has also been discovered, which has more run of the mill Raccoon roleplay:
http://unpleasanthugs.tumblr.com/

And finally, his xtube account, where he lists all his kinks in detail:
http://www.xtube.com/profile/ProcyonLotor-14194441/about-me

Now that the SCP foundation's resident semi-cow is out of the way, we can go into that little "incident" I talked about earlier.
http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-666757/cognitiveweasel-roxie

A user by the name of "cognitiveweasel" or "roxie" has a long history of derailing conversations in the site's chatroom just to point out the fact that they're trans. On top of that, they constantly screech at the mods for not being on their side when they act like a douche. Now considering this peppered history of aggressiveness, when another flamewar starts, you'd expect a ban, right? Nope: Roxie gets away scott free with just a warning. This is followed by a long series of more derailments, more shitting on the mods, and Roxie using transexuality as a "get out of jail free" card and getting unbanned left and right, until the staff finally had enough of Roxie's shit and just went with a straight up perma. Still, it was a long time coming and they were clearly more lenient than usual because of this case.

Like I said earlier, this is just scratching the surface. Many users on the staff appear to have some sort of seedy past (salvagebar is a chat mod who admits to using SRS), but ProcyonLotor's actions seems to be the most glaring out of all of it.

Fitting that a creepypasta spin-off would attract so many deviants.

Last edited:

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, I've loved reading this site. They come up with some pretty unique weird stuff sometimes, and when I discovered it I found the "internal lab report" presentation style pretty novel. That said, you ain't kidding about the mary sue shit. People who think the Force Awakens had problems should take a good long look at the magic powers all of the suethors write for themselves.

For a project that maintains such strict rules over how to write an SCP object to keep it from being epic badass magic or whatever - I especially appreciate that there is a specific rule that SCP objects useful to the Foundation as some kind of valuable resource must be written with a dangerous and unmanageable side-effect, in order to keep them from becoming too cool-kid, or at least that was a rule last time I checked - it seems glaringly odd that they would even allow authors to write their own characters in the first place. Why the fuck do all these SCP scientist characters need to be special characters? Isn't the whole point of the fiction that we're supposed to be reading all of this from the perspective of an office of boring bureaucrats?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Like TV Tropes, this is a site where I've spent many hours reading one thing after another, but decided never to get involved in anything major as far as editing it, limiting that to simple shit like minor grammar fixes. The site went downhill as much of it turned into autistic RPing with the autists who run the site creating one superhero scientist after another. The classic content is still great, though.

I think if you stay on the SCPs with 3 digits, you have most of the best content there. Once it got over a thousand, it was increasingly repetitive as there is really just only so much so you can do with this concept.

SCP-682 is probably still my favorite, even if it is exactly that kind of trope of the evil-for-the-hell-of-it-totally-indestructible-monster. SCP-173 is another favorite (and very highly rated by the community). It isn't a world destroying horror but it is pretty damn creepy.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't really big into SCP, I've only ever read quite a bit of the SCPs and had a good time doing so (personal favorite will always be SCP-439 what with it being my first). But I think after the SCP Foundation game came out, despite its many updates and that it genuinely is a creepy horror game, the feel of the entire concept just hasn't been the same, and I lost interest. If you ask me, this is probably how the site got more fans coming in, and I bet you most of them did so because of Markiplier's let's plays of it. That's probably where the majority of the autism is coming from.

I only heard in passing that the community itself has become a mess after some drama with one of the big guys/founders/contributors or something, as mentioned in the above-mentioned Down the Rabbit Hole vid. I knew someone who was really into SCP to the point they were attempting to come up with their own entry for the site, but I don't remember what they said about the site itself, just that they had both good and bad things to say. It had to have been around the time things were about to go downhill, I just didn't ask more about it, and since I haven't talked to them in ages, I don't know if they're still into it anymore.

Still, it's really a shame to hear this is what happened to the place. Good things just don't last. *sigh*

WhatNemesisMeans

Waddya want you fucking troll ?
kiwifarms.net
I never really understood the point of this. You come up with an idea for a SCP, dump it in the same shit pile as the others, and the odds are it will be ignored by absolutely everybody, save the one sperg on TV Tropes who will add a new entry to the character sheet because :autism:.

On the off-chance that it garners some popularity it probably won't even make it to the game, which is what the SCP creators obviously want.

So it's basically fan fiction but with a whole jury of spergs to validate your content.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I never really understood the point of this. You come up with an idea for a SCP, dump it in the same shit pile as the others, and the odds are it will be ignored by absolutely everybody, save the one sperg on TV Tropes who will add a new entry to the character sheet because :autism:.

On the off-chance that it garners some popularity it probably won't even make it to the game, which is what the SCP creators obviously want.

So it's basically fan fiction but with a whole jury of spergs to validate your content.
They were actually fairly strict about who they let in, with a bureaucratically complicated application process. It wasn't just register an account and start shitting all over the place. While this originally kept the content of the site pretty solid in quality, with a shared style that was actually enforced, it also turned it eventually into an incestuous circle jerk.

OtterParty

I shall crush your skull like a clam on my tummy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In any city, in any country, go to any mental institution or halfway house you can get yourself to. When you reach the front desk, ask to visit someone who calls themself "The Holder of the Penis". Should a benign smirk float across the worker's face, you will then be taken to the deepest basement in the building. All you will hear as you walk down the poorly lit hallway is the sound of someone fapping.

Should the fapping cease at any time, stop and quickly shout "don't mind me, I didn't see anything." If silence continues, the lights will flicker out. At this point you must turn around and run as fast as you can down the hall, up the flights of stairs, and out of the building. Do not stop for anything - if caught, you will suffer a fate worse than death itself.

Should the fapping sound resume, continue down the hall. Upon reaching the end, you will find a heavy, rotting wooden door with ample vine-like foliage growing from it. Grasp the handle, and pull it open. Upon entering the room, you will see a young boyish spectre, not more than about 18, huddled over himself in the corner. Upon seeing you, he will let out an ethereal scream. You must not react to this scream, or you will die at the hands of this child-spirit. You may ask him one question, and one question only. This question is, "What happens when they come together?"

Instead of verbally answering you, he will turn to face you, and gradually make his way toward you. You will suddenly find yourself pants-less. Upon reaching the point at which you stand, he will grasp and lift up both his and your cocks. Drawing you slowly toward him, he will position himself for a coming together of the testicular regions of the two of you.

If the balls touch, it's gay.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I refuse to believe a woman or group of women who aren't emotionless husks came up with some of the more horrifying and popular SCPs. Closest I can kind of picture a woman creating is SCP-597. Maybe SCP-053, or SCP-136. But something like SCP-231? Not likely.

I swear, you could make an SCP entry on this very community alone and it'd fit right in at home. Wouldn't that be the biggest irony of the SCP Foundation also keeping themselves under heavy lock and key for mankind's sake? (I mean, they already have one on TV Tropes, joke entry or not.)

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I refuse to believe a woman or group of women who aren't emotionless husks came up with some of the more horrifying and popular SCPs. Closest I can kind of picture a woman creating is SCP-597. Maybe SCP-053, or SCP-136. But something like SCP-231? Not likely.
Kind of because of SCP-231, I do hope there's an FBI list with some of these people on it. Because holy fuck.

ConcernedAnon

Concerned and hopefully anonymous
kiwifarms.net
I somehow find that hard to believe. For a while I've operated on the assumption that the internet is pretty much just a sausagefest, and I've been pleasantly surprised to see that changing. But I mean really? I don't think that claim holds water. Maybe it's just their community manager mouthing off.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Scp-231 is great. I know it's 2edgy4u, but it is also genuinely horrifying.

When I first learned of the scp, I binge read as many as I could, but they get a bit old after a while. And then I saw the -j reports, and 'super cool' doctors and scientists and now I mostly just hate read it. The sheer autism of Dr clef's ukulele and cinnamon rolls makes me want to a-log.

Tags
None