SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

Baubius

Servant of Janam
kiwifarms.net
Time for a new SCP Highlight Reel. Buckle your seatbelts and get ready for an infodump:

SCP-093-J: A -J? People still write these?

Starts out with lol randeem humor but devolves quickly. In the addenda, they have the parodies of the exploration logs. They have voice acting. Clearly done over discord, and the top-secret Foundation personnel sound identical to the social outcast club in my art class. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same people.

There is nothing funny here. None of the jokes gel together. This is nothing but random quips superimposed over a classic SCP. I genuinely could not bring myself to look over the last three logs.

SCP-0110-J: Another unfunny -J. Nothing special. Just wanted to bring up the discussion posts from the author:

+100​

my lord, we were a mistake as a species

On a more serious note though, I can't describe how much this means to me. I never expected this to survive, let alone reach +100. Thank you <3
So he acknowledges it's bad. Why do you post shit like this? Why do you feel the need to pollute-- oh I get it. This is that self-depricating Tumblrite humor I've been seeing everywhere lately. "UwU im trash uwu everything i do is garbage lmao humans were a mistake, we stana queen sksksks" You get the deal.

The joke boils down to "ligma balls." Hilarious.

SCP-5167: Okay. So, a while ago we got Westrin's shitty minecraft SCP, right? (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4335) I remember Westrin being the resident funny meme man in SCPD. After he posted the black Herobrine SCP, everyone tried to copy him. Same deal with SCP-3999, but this time with mainlist -Js.

This is where it took us. This is a fucking Among Us SCP. It's a spooky player who joins random games, spews meaningless bullshit, and makes the other players go crazy. This only got upvotes because it's a funny Among Us SCP. And the punchline at the end of it is literally just "red sus" "vote him out". Need I say more?

The Good Work: This is the most boring schlock I've ever read. The traced art is easily the best part of this; I couldn't read past the halfway mark. It literally crosslinks to two of the author's political essays about the state of affairs in the SCP Foundation Universe. This entire tale-- which is over 24,000 words!-- is presumably about Foundation higher-ups going around and doing political stuff. To the author's credit I couldn't be bothered to finish the tale so something else could happen later on, but the beginning puts of off entirely. It speaks to me: "I am not concerned with the reader's interest in these characters. I will not do the work to make this story interesting. Have two old men talking instead."

There is so much fat in this, I bet if most of the elaborate wordage was deleted, this tale's length would halve. It rambles on and on and on about... things. Just things. These characters don't do anything. They just talk about Canada or some shit.

Herman Fuller Presents: The Tunnel Of Love!: Obligatory good article. I won't spoil it; give it a read.

That's all I could bring myself to read this past month. If you have any shitstains that I missed feel free to bring it up.

Lapis Lazuli

It's Steven Universe Month.
kiwifarms.net
Time for a new SCP Highlight Reel. Buckle your seatbelts and get ready for an infodump:

Starts out with lol randeem humor but devolves quickly. In the addenda, they have the parodies of the exploration logs. They have voice acting. Clearly done over discord, and the top-secret Foundation personnel sound identical to the social outcast club in my art class. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same people.

There is nothing funny here. None of the jokes gel together. This is nothing but random quips superimposed over a classic SCP. I genuinely could not bring myself to look over the last three logs.

SCP-0110-J: Another unfunny -J. Nothing special. Just wanted to bring up the discussion posts from the author:

So he acknowledges it's bad. Why do you post shit like this? Why do you feel the need to pollute-- oh I get it. This is that self-depricating Tumblrite humor I've been seeing everywhere lately. "UwU im trash uwu everything i do is garbage lmao humans were a mistake, we stana queen sksksks" You get the deal.

SCP-5167: Okay. So, a while ago we got Westrin's shitty minecraft SCP, right? (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4335) I remember Westrin being the resident funny meme man in SCPD. After he posted the black Herobrine SCP, everyone tried to copy him. Same deal with SCP-3999, but this time with mainlist -Js.

This is where it took us. This is a fucking Among Us SCP. It's a spooky player who joins random games, spews meaningless bullshit, and makes the other players go crazy. This only got upvotes because it's a funny Among Us SCP. And the punchline at the end of it is literally just "red sus" "vote him out". Need I say more?

The Good Work: This is the most boring schlock I've ever read. The traced art is easily the best part of this; I couldn't read past the halfway mark. It literally crosslinks to two of the author's political essays about the state of affairs in the SCP Foundation Universe. This entire tale-- which is over 24,000 words!-- is presumably about Foundation higher-ups going around and doing political stuff. To the author's credit I couldn't be bothered to finish the tale so something else could happen later on, but the beginning puts of off entirely. It speaks to me: "I am not concerned with the reader's interest in these characters. I will not do the work to make this story interesting. Have two old men talking instead."

There is so much fat in this, I bet if most of the elaborate wordage was deleted, this tale's length would halve. It rambles on and on and on about... things. Just things. These characters don't do anything. They just talk about Canada or some shit.

Herman Fuller Presents: The Tunnel Of Love!: Obligatory good article. I won't spoil it; give it a read.

That's all I could bring myself to read this past month. If you have any shitstains that I missed feel free to bring it up.
You know your SCP tale is shit when the first thing you see is a trigger warning for homophobia and transphobia. Seriously, these fucks write shit like gore, body horror, but being mean to trannies is a step too far?

Cow-Chan

Welcome To The Moo Zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is less of a highlight reel and more of a subjective waste of time.

LordSifr

kiwifarms.net
At least 4335 had all the creativity involved in the Containment Procedures, history and content of the game, etcetera. This is literally just a "red sus" joke -- God damn Tanhony, you make me feel a hole in my hole-shaped chest.

Baubius

Servant of Janam
kiwifarms.net
At least 4335 had all the creativity involved in the Containment Procedures, history and content of the game, etcetera. This is literally just a "red sus" joke -- God damn Tanhony, you make me feel a hole in my hole-shaped chest.
Not really. It was “scary black smoke guy is contained in Minectaft building. Epic Edna fucking dies”

BurnerPhone

Involved in several boating accidents
kiwifarms.net
4whrdqzcowq21.jpg
I just wanted to say there's something indescribably hilarious about this picture to me.
  1. The lone car parked in the handicapped spot, most likely owned by the kid in the picture
  2. the amateur framing with the camera ever so slightly tilted to the right
  3. The oversized, wrinkled lab coat on a teenager, with an ironed-on SCP logo on the back
  4. The idea that SCP prints their logo on their lab coats for internal use.
  5. The fact that it's one of the most top rated posts on r/SCP
I know the kid's just having fun, but I genuinely can't help but laugh every time I see this picture

Furret

Going to walk all over the world one day.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1953975
I just wanted to say there's something indescribably hilarious about this picture to me.
  1. The lone car parked in the handicapped spot, most likely owned by the kid in the picture
  2. the amateur framing with the camera ever so slightly tilted to the right
  3. The oversized, wrinkled lab coat on a teenager, with an ironed-on SCP logo on the back
  4. The idea that SCP prints their logo on their lab coats for internal use.
  5. The fact that it's one of the most top rated posts on r/SCP
I know the kid's just having fun, but I genuinely can't help but laugh every time I see this picture
Don't forget that he's looking at an IKEA, in reference to SCP-3008.

ToS

with gusto
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To celebrate the end of the voting period tonight, and the official refusal to remove Harmony's work [archive], let's take a trip back in time and be a fly on the wall on the day the shit hit the fan re: the Summer 2018 Pride Logo Fiasco & Purge. I've got some choice selections here, for pure entertainment.
<MobileMagnus> We fucked up harb with how we respond to social media issues.
<MobileMagnus> And I, personally, lost four wedding invitees over this drama.
<MobileMagnus> In real life.
<MobileMagnus> Today.

<Sappheta> this was also not particularly helped by the fact that for the majority of the incident we had exactly three people dealing with r/SCP, only one of whom had any experience
<Modern_Erasmus> Sappheta: though mind, I’d say us three did a bang up job given the situation
<Sappheta> Modern_Erasmus: yyyyeah

<MrAnakinSpecter> can't they just, like, ban anyone that posts those bullshit sincere "this ruins my immersion and goes against the spirit of the site" rants?
<Roth> Those are not people who are being homophobic, they are just people who simply wanted to enjoy scp as is and not have it be effected by the outside world.
<MobileMagnus> Roth: that's a super privileged place to be in.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> mranakinspecter i'm not going to focus on how we're seen by the trolls, i want us to focus on how to present ourselves to people who don't know what's going on so we don't look like the bad guy

<MobileMagnus> We need a staff line. Unified staff line. And we need to stick to it.
<MrAnakinSpecter> so why not make the "line we don't deviate from" ban the assholes
<AbsentmindedNihilist> something polite but that doesn't allow for debate
<MrAnakinSpecter> well we wouldn't /say/ "you are banned because you are an asshole"

<MobileMagnus> Like it or not, the asshats have a point: our official mods acted like dicks and snarked while banning people semi-arbitrary.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> we've been in the wrong on this and it's important we change course so we don't continue to be in the wrong

<Modern_Erasmus> On the sub it was mostly just Kaktus being his usual dickish self a week ago
<MrAnakinSpecter> Modern_Erasmus: well yeah that's just normal kaktus
<MrAnakinSpecter> why the fuck was he a moderator ever?

<Lily> Anyway we should have a pride icon all year round

<Modern_Erasmus> But twitter banned a lot of people by conversation participation and also made a post implying we’d “purged” the old /x/ contributors which sent people into conniptions

<Modern_Erasmus> Twitter was actually the worst offender
<MobileMagnus> Twitter started blocking people.
<Modern_Erasmus> Roget: the twitter shit was also what prompted the video
<Modern_Erasmus> And speaking anecdotally, one of the worst things I’ve had to deal with in the last 24 hours is legions of people saying we stole scp from z or whatever because of said tweet
<MrAnakinSpecter> who handles the twitter, which i am assuming is unofficial and more popualr than any official one
<Bleepandroid> No its official
<Bleepandroid> Which is why this is bad

<Bleepandroid> An official apology to those who were banned wrongly may be needed. As much as it would pain me.

<Lily> Anyway we can apologise, yes, for bad moderation. BUT we should also reaffirm that we are staunchly pro-lgbt and we do not want bigotry in our community, and that brigading and all that is wrong and still banned
<Lily> ngl we owe these twats nothing

<Bleepandroid> Roth we have to acknowledge that we as staff screwed up in banning individuals who were expressing dissenting opinions without being inflammatory, and that we have taken direct measures to rectify these mistakes, including unbanning those who were banned, and those who abused their position stepping down.

<weizhong> It should also be more publically said that people in those positions stepped down

<Bleepandroid> Joreth posted several times but we need a mainline reddit discussion acknowledging the screwup, we need a tumblr post, and we need something on twitter.
<weizhong> it was a fuckup
<Lily> Sure we screwed up but this isn't staff's fault it is the fucking fault of 4chan and other trolls
<weizhong> Kaktus fucked up
<weizhong> Staff fucked up

<MrAnakinSpecter> it doesn't need to be any more complicated than saying: "we're sorry you feel this way and we are working on listening to everyone's opinions, and in the meantime all violators of wheaton's law will be banned"

<Tuomey> " While we apologise for overreactions where they occured, we must also restate that we are firmly in support of the LGBT community and will not tolerate bigotry hiding in the guise of free speech.""

<Modern_Erasmus> Lily: we aren’t responsible for their behavior, but it’s also true that this wouldn’t have happened if we’d handled it properly
<Lily> yes but we should also be stating that we were fully in the right, merely made big fucking mistakes

<AbsentmindedNihilist> we need to consider our image on the larger internet

<Roget> I don't think our brand will suffer tremendously because I think a lot of people will also understand we were reacting to being attacked but apologizing in that way would smooth over a lot of rough edges and probably help us protect our brand better in the future

<Lily> how many people were banned unjustly or w/e?
<Lily> Do we have numbers on that
<Bleepandroid> Joreth indicated it was /alot/

<weizhong> What are we gonna do about people like this: https://www.reddit.com/user/stingauer/comments/
<Modern_Erasmus> weitoobusy: I’ll take care of ‘em in a bit
<weizhong> Modern_Erasmus: It's not enough to just privately ban people like that though

<Lily> Anyway this is all a fucking daft situation and why can't people just not be dicks about gays existing
<MrAnakinSpecter> lily: because we can't use that as a reason to permaban people or they get too pissy i guess

<Tuomey> I mean, we literally can ban homophobes. We just need to avoid getting into dumbass arguments with them.
<weizhong> But we have to acknowledge that being against the pride logo is not a bannable offense

<Modern_Erasmus> And we are actively banning anyone spouting slurs, flaming, or spamming

<Soulless> 1. I blanket approve of banning people for expressing disruptive and derogatory viewpoints

<Tuomey> Not sure why we have to tell people it's ok to be against the pride logo.

<Soulless> Can I have a solid idea of what is the actual problem in this sphere
<AbsentmindedNihilist> soulless we fucked up by banning people that should have not been banned and other abuses of power
<Bleepandroid> Soulless people were banned for expressing a, while logically fallacious, subjectively valid opion in regards to the logo without being homophobic.
<Roget> Soulless: the response to the raid situation escalated because some staff took overzealous action

<Lily> right well i'm out of sssc till i'm back on my meds and this shitshow is over

<Tuomey> I don't see why it's a problem to ban people who are angry about rainbows. Unban them if you want, and say it's not permabannable, but there's very few good arguments that aren't dogwhistles for homophobia imo.

<MrAnakinSpecter> and we're doing the normal arguing in circles when everyone knows the real answer is to ban the dicks and make some hallmark-style apology and then never talk about it again while still banning the dicks like we have been doing forever

<Soulless> THIS WHOLE FUCKING MESS HAPPENED BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TOO FUCKING RASH.

<Quikngruvn> "We apologize if your feelings were hurt."

<MrAnakinSpecter> they should ban the mods for banning the dicks
<MrAnakinSpecter> ban everyone and just delete reddit. all of it.

<Roth> im falling apart :U
<Roth> honestly

<DrMagnus> I'm gonna say this now, and stress it. PLease do not circle jerk over who fucked up.

<Tuomey> > As a corrollary, where does the official subreddit and twitter fall under, with regards to staff teams?
<wolfjob> “le reddit, cest moi” - kaktus
<SubtleTea> DrMagnus: I think some of the subreddit mods, like kaktus, weren't on the IO team but it was being considered under IO's purview
<ghostchibi> kaktus was left on as subreddit mod bc that was already something he was doing
<DrMagnus> That was also my understanding, but we got fucked hard by some bad calls, and it's time to figure out what the real policy needs to be.

<ghostchibi> like Bright and Clef are on the shitpost-y tumblr account

<Tuomey> I tend to cut directly to the heart of things, perhaps to a fault,

<Tretter> Can we stop saying "purge"?
<Modern_Erasmus> I'm with tretter hearing the P word is giving me conniptions rn

<DrMagnus> "UFO" is a common trans slur, yes?
<DrMagnus> Along the lines of apache helicopter?
<DrMagnus> i think so. I'm looking in to it deeper.

<wolfjob> I think the crisis has passed

<DrMagnus> Please don't kill each other.

<wolfjob> replying to redditirs was hell

<Tretter> Wait, wolfjob, do you know how to switch the reddit header back to the normal one?
<Tretter> Cause Kaktus made that change and he's gone now

<Zyn> Soulless: did you recruit Prototype_Toaster to Site Crit
<DrMagnus> Wait, //what//
<DrMagnus> Prototype should not be staff. ever.
<Soulless> Zyn, do you have concerns
<Zyn> Soulless: Yes. As does Magnus, evidently.
<DrMagnus> And read their discussion on overthinking the rainbow
<DrMagnus> They're also arguing against the logo change, in multiple places.
<DrMagnus> "So does that mean that hypothetically, conservative and other right wing members (excluding white nationalists ban them tbh) could be banned for those unpopular opinions?"
<DrMagnus> ^ This is the thing that tipped me off originally. I have no problem with people expressing dissenting views, but he's got that edgy 'I'm oppressed because I'm conservative' vibe going on.
<DrMagnus> It's not the question itself.
<DrMagnus> It's the sentiment behind it.
<DrMagnus> the "Opinion" he's talking about, is to do with not having a pride logo/disagreeing with LGBT representation
<DrMagnus> There's a pattern of prejudice which we (continually keep saying publically) we don't support.
<Soulless> Zyn, DrMagnus I'm talking with them now about it

<Modern_Erasmus> gotta love the way communities can come together in little ways even in times like this

<MrAnakinSpecter> erasmus: why're the nazis getting like +60 on the reddit threads??

<Roth> Im gonna go play breath of the wild

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: to be clear I do not want anyone to think for a second that any appreciable number of our actual subscribers participated in this bullshit [they did]
<Modern_Erasmus> this was a brigade from alt right subs like cringeanarchy, the_donald, etc

<Dr_Kens> So what's the final listing of people who want to be head mod on the subreddit?
<Dr_Kens> Because in case you haven't heard
<Dr_Kens> I'm retiring tonight
<Tretter> Zyn, Can I ask that we straight up delete those comments?
<Soulless> IS blanked not enough?
<Zyn> tretter: I would prefer to delete.
<AbsentmindedNihilist> soulless revisions are still there
<MrAnakinSpecter> i think admins can only delete
<Zyn> Mods can delete.
<Soulless> tretter, I really dislike going to just delete posts
<Tretter> I think just blanking them can hurt the site even after the user is gone
<Zyn> "I HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN A BIG GAY FIRE FULLED BY FAGGOTS. YOU KNOW THE STICKS THEY MADE YOU CARRY FOR GIVING EACH OTHER HEMORRHOIDS. FUCK YOU."
<Soulless> tretter, we have no proof then what we did even was justified
<Soulless> we have no paper trail
<Tretter> Soulless, I have screenshots, if it matters
<Soulless> tretter, you think screenshots can;'t be doctored?
<Zyn> How about we leave one post?
<Soulless> Zyn, then we can't be trusted for all the rest of them
<Zyn> Has there ever been a case where someone has called that into question though?
<AbsentmindedNihilist> we really just need to delete
<Soulless> I am heavily against deletion
<AbsentmindedNihilist> i think claiming to have doctored screenshots is a step farther than anyone will go
<Soulless> I am even more heavily against deletion because there is no existing policy structure as for what makes deleting posts ok
<Soulless> And which posts should be deleted
<Tretter> Giving it some thought, and with where this raid is coming from, I feel blanking the comments would be the better
<Tretter> They are horribly inflamatory
<Tretter> But we need proof that we're doing what we're doing
<Tretter> And not abusing our positions to silence criticism
<Modern_Erasmus> the issue is if we leave this up then any vulnerable user looking for help from harassers will be assaulted by these comments telling them to kill themselves
<Modern_Erasmus> that can't happen
<Soulless> At most we can replace 'blank' with something like 'Staff have deemed this post to be inflammatory and not condusive to this discussion. We do not support bigorty and are an inclusive community"
<Zyn> Do you want to put it to a vote?
<Soulless> I want to put it in discussion first
<AbsentmindedNihilist> soulless that just brings more attention to it
<Zyn> It does seem a little weird for the harassment thread to start off with "You see, we have a very simple policy when it comes to Harassment on the wiki: It's not allowed. Period. At all."
<MrAnakinSpecter> we've always deleted/blanked and O5'd trolls
<Soulless> And policy made up on the fly, with no real emergency (posts being vandalized)
<Soulless> MrAnakinSpecter, deleted, not ok, the only one I am aware of is procy, and that was already worrisome
<ProcyonLotor> I have not deleted a single post in this incident
<Soulless> I wasn't aware there was ad-hoc deletions going on of people's posts with no policy to discern how or what posts are deleted
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: because some rando edgelord just posted three times telling us "f***ots to kill ourselves"
<AbsentmindedNihilist> soulless when stuff is deleted screenshots are taken
<AbsentmindedNihilist> that is practice as i know it
<Roget> I think the only time we've deleted posts were if the post history contained something like a specific threat or somethign else that warranted immediate deletion
<Modern_Erasmus> blanked posts can still easily be read if you just check the edit history
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: people are concerned about that, like they aren't truly gone you know? so how is that getting rid of them?
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: perhaps this time it would be best to go with the opinion of the majority, because now people are kind of being frustrated with the bureaucracy of O5 and want the troll's messages to stop.
<Zyn> Some people are inclined to think that letting something stay while blanked is kind of just staff shoving it under a blanket without addressing it.
<Soulless> Zyn, is banning the user not addressin git?
<Zyn> Soulless: no, because it leaves them a "legacy" of sorts.
<Modern_Erasmus> Soulless: If screenshots can't be considered proof due to the possibility of doctoring, then existing posts can't be considered proof due to possibility of hacking
<Zyn> We as staff can sit easy because we have the power that can be used at any time.
<AbsentmindedNihilist> http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/...eting-instead-of-blanking-obvious-troll-posts

<MrAnakinSpecter> can someone explain to me why people are saying we've been "infiltrated" by sjws or something when all of the people that they call this have been here for years?
<Roget> they didn't keep up with staff politics so what's been a gradual shift over ten years for us is a sudden takeover for them
<MrAnakinSpecter> do they just not care enough to actually talk to us?
<Riemann> That sounds like more work than taking the time to reflect on how the values of our culture are changing and leaving them behind

<Dr_Kens> It's not just a matter of "oh, it's a poorly designed logo that breaks immersion". It was never about that.
<Dr_Kens> And that massive copy/pasted comment about E S C A P I S M
<Dr_Kens> Science ficition was always political. It always has that rooted.
<Dr_Kens> Stop using it as an excuse.

<Soulless> Dr_Kens, let me tell you a secret
<Soulless> Dr_Kens, horror has always been gay
Soulless> literally 17th century gothic literature is super gay
<Roget> the gayest
<Dr_Kens> seriously.
<Soulless> LGBTQ sentiment has thrived in horror and scifi
<TheDuckMan> Don't you understand? SCI FI IS THE ONLY PLACE THE STRAIGHTS HAVE LEFT!
<Soulless> there has been plenty of academic examination basically examining that horror and science fiction in general has always had strong LGBTQ narratives
<Soulless> I mean, just look at X men
<Soulless> x men is super gay
<Soulless> matrix? very trans

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: re: your question the main reason is that our twitter account tweeted that we'd "'purged" all 4 chan influence and people thought that meant systemic bannings of original users

<TheDuckMan> And then there are fans who don't understand there is more to scp than the game.

<MrAnakinSpecter> oh bright someone linked your tumblr on some website that came up when i was looking at all this recent clusterfuck
<MrAnakinSpecter> and was like "look at this loser"

<MrAnakinSpecter> ps don't read those comments they are very hateful people

<DrBleep> .au
<Jarvis> drbleep: DrBleep has 17pages (17Originals) (15 SCP Articles, 2 Tales). They have 1264 net upvotes with an average of +74. Their latest page is SCP-3703: From Death, We Contain at +81.
<Roget> .au
<Jarvis> roget: Roget has 211pages (198 Originals, 13Rewrites) (127 SCP Articles, 79 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles, 2 Artwork Galleries). They have 17925 net upvotes with an average of +84. Their latest page is SCP-3639: Whataboots at +16.

<Zyn> the downvotes will speak for themselves.

<TheDuckMan> Man... When did sexuality become politics?

<AbsentmindedNihilist> why do people keep trying to =say that trying to make people be decent to each other is toxic to the fandom

<Roget> a world where they feel threatened and scared and have been taught that the best response is to lash out and be toxic because they can't articulate feelings under ten layers of irony

<AbsentmindedNihilist> now i'm doubting myself constantly
<AbsentmindedNihilist> wondering if they're fucking right i hate it
<MrAnakinSpecter> niles: noooo
<MrAnakinSpecter> they're wrong and we all know they're wrong

<TheDuckMan> Anyone who says sjws have taken over the site. like... just... poitn them at me, one of the last of the old guard... who is happily and stridently in favor of said changes.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> and my mom told me just now she wants me to step down
<AbsentmindedNihilist> she's worried about my saftey
<Roget> my mother was like that for years about the site, she eventually came around to understanding I had friends here who helped me
<AbsentmindedNihilist> mranakinspecter this website is literally the only social life i hace
<AbsentmindedNihilist> she's leaning on me and playing to my need for safety
<AbsentmindedNihilist> she's so manipulative i hate it

<MrAnakinSpecter> also don't listen to the youtube funnyman he is shooting out slurs left and right

<AbsentmindedNihilist> mranakinspecter i don't wanna know if they mention me
<AbsentmindedNihilist> shit i'm so scared
<AbsentmindedNihilist> i'm just
<AbsentmindedNihilist> so many people so much into this wiki
<AbsentmindedNihilist> and if these assholes are gonna ruint it i swear to god
<AbsentmindedNihilist> augh i need more plushies
<AbsentmindedNihilist> i have an army of plushies

<Sax|Cloud> ... honestly, the interview board was impressed with my McDonalds experience

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: He still bitching about me or has he moved on?
<Modern_Erasmus> I don't care that he is, I just want to know the extent to which i was targeted specifically so I can prepare
<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: thanks for keeping tabs on this
<Modern_Erasmus> I tried to but the shit he was saying about women early on made me physically ill

<Jarvis> SCP-3625(written 17 minutes ago by djkaktus; http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3625

<AbsentmindedNihilist> oh god what if they doxx him

#watercoolertalk (another site chat)

<bluesoul> /x/ is making a new wiki for nazis and people offended by rainbows,
<Dexanote> this one will probably die as soon as they realize it takes effort

<Clef> guys
<Clef> I don't have the strength any more
<AbsentmindedNihilist> clef would you like to look at pictures of plushies
<AbsentmindedNihilist> with me
<AbsentmindedNihilist> i am trying to distract myself

<DrBleep> Hey, staff, you know that deescalation stuff we were talking about earlier? Thumbing our noses at the people in this stream is a great way to refan the flames.

<Modern_Erasmus> I've been modding constantly for 24 hours
<Dexanote> Go to bed, Modern_Erasmus
<Modern_Erasmus> I can't keep this up
<Clef> go to bed
<Modern_Erasmus> after the stupid stream ends
<Clef> no
<Clef> go to bed now
<Modern_Erasmus> I can make it that long
<Dexanote> Modern_Erasmus.
<Dexanote> Go to bed.

<Clef> I'm proud of you fuckers

<Roget> AbsentmindedNihilist: there was a stop order to stop talking aboot the stream in 19

<Modern_Erasmus> btw I know it may look like we were ban happy, but we really did endeavor to lean on the side of not

<LadyKatie> Logo drama. People are saying the pride logo ruins their immersion (which I don't get because the only way I pay attention to the banner is if something is moving on it, but okay) and a very vocal minority are saying that it's forced sjw bs.

<weizhong> It's not really about the logo, the logo is just a scapegoat
<saX> It's pretty much just shitty people trying to find something to justify their shittiness.

--------------

And finally, if anyone was truly wondering where the idea for the pride logo came from in the first place, this is from 2017:

<LilyAFK> Originally, I used "organisation" instead of "organization" because it sounded atypical but not improper. The more I look at the question, the more I'm beginning to like the sound of Foundation. Is there an alternative spelling we can use to make it sound old-world or ancient. And not something gay, like "shop" to "shoppe"
<LilyAFK> lmao @ the admin
<Vince> lol it was a different time
<LilyAFK> Personally I'd like the Foundation to be called something gay
<Gaffsey> the "scp something gay?"
<LilyAFK> we should do a pride themed contest or event or something imo
<Cimmerian> 2008 was a crazy time.
<LilyAFK> change the theme to a rainbow version for a day
<Roget> I'd be down
<Gaffsey> foungaytion
<Cimmerian> either way, I'd say we've made some real progress on this issue
<Cimmerian> which is good
<LilyAFK> Roget: this could be a good thing for IO/CO
<LilyAFK> Cimmerian: thanks moose
<Cimmerian> hmm?
<Roget> I think we've got contests booked for this year but we've got a lot of room for doing future contests
<LilyAFK> afaik moose was good in originally moving the site in a better direction
<Cimmerian> oh
<LilyAFK> Roget: even as not a contest but just a day/week event thing
<Cimmerian> while I am glad we are making progress on that front, I meant the russian issue
<LilyAFK> Cimmerian: oops lol
<Gaffsey> "I just want to read about spooky stuff, not read some sjw shit"
<Gaffsey> there, now that's out of the way and no one will every say that again

Remember: all this from a creepypasta writing site.

https://controlc.com/c6b2f34c (<-- full chatlog VERY LONG)
[archive]

Last edited:

Baubius

Servant of Janam
kiwifarms.net
To celebrate the end of the voting period tonight, and the official refusal to remove Harmony's work [archive], let's take a trip back in time and be a fly on the wall on the day the shit hit the fan re: the Summer 2018 Pride Logo Fiasco & Purge. I've got some choice selections here, for pure entertainment.
<MobileMagnus> Today.

<Sappheta> this was also not particularly helped by the fact that for the majority of the incident we had exactly three people dealing with r/SCP, only one of whom had any experience
<Modern_Erasmus> Sappheta: though mind, I’d say us three did a bang up job given the situation

<MrAnakinSpecter> can't they just, like, ban anyone that posts those bullshit sincere "this ruins my immersion and goes against the spirit of the site" rants?
<Roth> Those are not people who are being homophobic, they are just people who simply wanted to enjoy scp as is and not have it be effected by the outside world.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> mranakinspecter i'm not going to focus on how we're seen by the trolls, i want us to focus on how to present ourselves to people who don't know what's going on so we don't look like the bad guy

<MobileMagnus> We need a staff line. Unified staff line. And we need to stick to it.
<MrAnakinSpecter> so why not make the "line we don't deviate from" ban the assholes
<MrAnakinSpecter> well we wouldn't /say/ "you are banned because you are an asshole"

<MobileMagnus> Like it or not, the asshats have a point: our official mods acted like dicks and snarked while banning people semi-arbitrary.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> we've been in the wrong on this and it's important we change course so we don't continue to be in the wrong

<Modern_Erasmus> On the sub it was mostly just Kaktus being his usual dickish self a week ago

<Modern_Erasmus> But twitter banned a lot of people by conversation participation and also made a post implying we’d “purged” the old /x/ contributors which sent people into conniptions

<Modern_Erasmus> And speaking anecdotally, one of the worst things I’ve had to deal with in the last 24 hours is legions of people saying we stole scp from z or whatever because of said tweet
<MrAnakinSpecter> who handles the twitter, which i am assuming is unofficial and more popualr than any official one

<Bleepandroid> An official apology to those who were banned wrongly may be needed. As much as it would pain me.

<Lily> Anyway we can apologise, yes, for bad moderation. BUT we should also reaffirm that we are staunchly pro-lgbt and we do not want bigotry in our community, and that brigading and all that is wrong and still banned

<Bleepandroid> Roth we have to acknowledge that we as staff screwed up in banning individuals who were expressing dissenting opinions without being inflammatory, and that we have taken direct measures to rectify these mistakes, including unbanning those who were banned, and those who abused their position stepping down.

<weizhong> It should also be more publically said that people in those positions stepped down

<Bleepandroid> Joreth posted several times but we need a mainline reddit discussion acknowledging the screwup, we need a tumblr post, and we need something on twitter.
<Lily> Sure we screwed up but this isn't staff's fault it is the fucking fault of 4chan and other trolls

<MrAnakinSpecter> it doesn't need to be any more complicated than saying: "we're sorry you feel this way and we are working on listening to everyone's opinions, and in the meantime all violators of wheaton's law will be banned"

<Tuomey> " While we apologise for overreactions where they occured, we must also restate that we are firmly in support of the LGBT community and will not tolerate bigotry hiding in the guise of free speech.""

<Modern_Erasmus> Lily: we aren’t responsible for their behavior, but it’s also true that this wouldn’t have happened if we’d handled it properly
<Lily> yes but we should also be stating that we were fully in the right, merely made big fucking mistakes

<Roget> I don't think our brand will suffer tremendously because I think a lot of people will also understand we were reacting to being attacked but apologizing in that way would smooth over a lot of rough edges and probably help us protect our brand better in the future

<weizhong> What are we gonna do about people like this: https://www.reddit.com/user/stingauer/comments/
<weizhong> Modern_Erasmus: It's not enough to just privately ban people like that though

<Lily> Anyway this is all a fucking daft situation and why can't people just not be dicks about gays existing
<MrAnakinSpecter> lily: because we can't use that as a reason to permaban people or they get too pissy i guess

<Tuomey> I mean, we literally can ban homophobes. We just need to avoid getting into dumbass arguments with them.
<weizhong> But we have to acknowledge that being against the pride logo is not a bannable offense

<Modern_Erasmus> And we are actively banning anyone spouting slurs, flaming, or spamming

<Soulless> 1. I blanket approve of banning people for expressing disruptive and derogatory viewpoints

<Tuomey> Not sure why we have to tell people it's ok to be against the pride logo.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> soulless we fucked up by banning people that should have not been banned and other abuses of power
<Bleepandroid> Soulless people were banned for expressing a, while logically fallacious, subjectively valid opion in regards to the logo without being homophobic.
<Roget> Soulless: the response to the raid situation escalated because some staff took overzealous action

<Lily> right well i'm out of sssc till i'm back on my meds and this shitshow is over

<Tuomey> I don't see why it's a problem to ban people who are angry about rainbows. Unban them if you want, and say it's not permabannable, but there's very few good arguments that aren't dogwhistles for homophobia imo.

<MrAnakinSpecter> and we're doing the normal arguing in circles when everyone knows the real answer is to ban the dicks and make some hallmark-style apology and then never talk about it again while still banning the dicks like we have been doing forever

<Soulless> THIS WHOLE FUCKING MESS HAPPENED BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TOO FUCKING RASH.

<Roth> honestly

<DrMagnus> I'm gonna say this now, and stress it. PLease do not circle jerk over who fucked up.

<Tuomey> > As a corrollary, where does the official subreddit and twitter fall under, with regards to staff teams?
<SubtleTea> DrMagnus: I think some of the subreddit mods, like kaktus, weren't on the IO team but it was being considered under IO's purview
<ghostchibi> kaktus was left on as subreddit mod bc that was already something he was doing
<DrMagnus> That was also my understanding, but we got fucked hard by some bad calls, and it's time to figure out what the real policy needs to be.

<Modern_Erasmus> I'm with tretter hearing the P word is giving me conniptions rn

<Tretter> Wait, wolfjob, do you know how to switch the reddit header back to the normal one?

<DrMagnus> "So does that mean that hypothetically, conservative and other right wing members (excluding white nationalists ban them tbh) could be banned for those unpopular opinions?"
<DrMagnus> ^ This is the thing that tipped me off originally. I have no problem with people expressing dissenting views, but he's got that edgy 'I'm oppressed because I'm conservative' vibe going on.
<DrMagnus> the "Opinion" he's talking about, is to do with not having a pride logo/disagreeing with LGBT representation
<DrMagnus> There's a pattern of prejudice which we (continually keep saying publically) we don't support.

<Modern_Erasmus> gotta love the way communities can come together in little ways even in times like this

<MrAnakinSpecter> erasmus: why're the nazis getting like +60 on the reddit threads??

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: to be clear I do not want anyone to think for a second that any appreciable number of our actual subscribers participated in this bullshit [they did]
<Modern_Erasmus> this was a brigade from alt right subs like cringeanarchy, the_donald, etc

<Dr_Kens> So what's the final listing of people who want to be head mod on the subreddit?
<Zyn> Mods can delete.
<Tretter> I think just blanking them can hurt the site even after the user is gone
<Zyn> "I HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN A BIG GAY FIRE FULLED BY FAGGOTS. YOU KNOW THE STICKS THEY MADE YOU CARRY FOR GIVING EACH OTHER HEMORRHOIDS. FUCK YOU."
<Zyn> Has there ever been a case where someone has called that into question though?
<AbsentmindedNihilist> i think claiming to have doctored screenshots is a step farther than anyone will go
<Soulless> I am even more heavily against deletion because there is no existing policy structure as for what makes deleting posts ok
<Tretter> Giving it some thought, and with where this raid is coming from, I feel blanking the comments would be the better
<Modern_Erasmus> the issue is if we leave this up then any vulnerable user looking for help from harassers will be assaulted by these comments telling them to kill themselves
<Soulless> At most we can replace 'blank' with something like 'Staff have deemed this post to be inflammatory and not condusive to this discussion. We do not support bigorty and are an inclusive community"
<Zyn> It does seem a little weird for the harassment thread to start off with "You see, we have a very simple policy when it comes to Harassment on the wiki: It's not allowed. Period. At all."
<Soulless> And policy made up on the fly, with no real emergency (posts being vandalized)
<Soulless> MrAnakinSpecter, deleted, not ok, the only one I am aware of is procy, and that was already worrisome
<Soulless> I wasn't aware there was ad-hoc deletions going on of people's posts with no policy to discern how or what posts are deleted
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: because some rando edgelord just posted three times telling us "f***ots to kill ourselves"
<Roget> I think the only time we've deleted posts were if the post history contained something like a specific threat or somethign else that warranted immediate deletion
<Modern_Erasmus> blanked posts can still easily be read if you just check the edit history
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: people are concerned about that, like they aren't truly gone you know? so how is that getting rid of them?
<MrAnakinSpecter> soulless: perhaps this time it would be best to go with the opinion of the majority, because now people are kind of being frustrated with the bureaucracy of O5 and want the troll's messages to stop.
<Zyn> Some people are inclined to think that letting something stay while blanked is kind of just staff shoving it under a blanket without addressing it.
<Modern_Erasmus> Soulless: If screenshots can't be considered proof due to the possibility of doctoring, then existing posts can't be considered proof due to possibility of hacking
<Zyn> We as staff can sit easy because we have the power that can be used at any time.
<AbsentmindedNihilist> http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/...eting-instead-of-blanking-obvious-troll-posts

<MrAnakinSpecter> can someone explain to me why people are saying we've been "infiltrated" by sjws or something when all of the people that they call this have been here for years?
<Roget> they didn't keep up with staff politics so what's been a gradual shift over ten years for us is a sudden takeover for them
<Riemann> That sounds like more work than taking the time to reflect on how the values of our culture are changing and leaving them behind

<Dr_Kens> It's not just a matter of "oh, it's a poorly designed logo that breaks immersion". It was never about that.

<Roget> the gayest
<Dr_Kens> seriously.
<TheDuckMan> Don't you understand? SCI FI IS THE ONLY PLACE THE STRAIGHTS HAVE LEFT!
<Soulless> there has been plenty of academic examination basically examining that horror and science fiction in general has always had strong LGBTQ narratives

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: re: your question the main reason is that our twitter account tweeted that we'd "'purged" all 4 chan influence and people thought that meant systemic bannings of original users

<TheDuckMan> And then there are fans who don't understand there is more to scp than the game.

<MrAnakinSpecter> oh bright someone linked your tumblr on some website that came up when i was looking at all this recent clusterfuck

<DrBleep> .au
<Jarvis> drbleep: DrBleep has 17pages (17Originals) (15 SCP Articles, 2 Tales). They have 1264 net upvotes with an average of +74. Their latest page is SCP-3703: From Death, We Contain at +81.
<Roget> .au
<Jarvis> roget: Roget has 211pages (198 Originals, 13Rewrites) (127 SCP Articles, 79 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles, 2 Artwork Galleries). They have 17925 net upvotes with an average of +84. Their latest page is SCP-3639: Whataboots at +16.

<AbsentmindedNihilist> why do people keep trying to =say that trying to make people be decent to each other is toxic to the fandom

<Roget> a world where they feel threatened and scared and have been taught that the best response is to lash out and be toxic because they can't articulate feelings under ten layers of irony

<TheDuckMan> Anyone who says sjws have taken over the site. like... just... poitn them at me, one of the last of the old guard... who is happily and stridently in favor of said changes.

<Roget> my mother was like that for years about the site, she eventually came around to understanding I had friends here who helped me
<AbsentmindedNihilist> mranakinspecter this website is literally the only social life i hace

<MrAnakinSpecter> also don't listen to the youtube funnyman he is shooting out slurs left and right

<Sax|Cloud> ... honestly, the interview board was impressed with my McDonalds experience

<Modern_Erasmus> MrAnakinSpecter: He still bitching about me or has he moved on?
<Modern_Erasmus> I don't care that he is, I just want to know the extent to which i was targeted specifically so I can prepare
<Modern_Erasmus> I tried to but the shit he was saying about women early on made me physically ill

<Jarvis> SCP-3625(written 17 minutes ago by djkaktus; http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3625

<Clef> guys

<DrBleep> Hey, staff, you know that deescalation stuff we were talking about earlier? Thumbing our noses at the people in this stream is a great way to refan the flames.

<Clef> go to bed
<Clef> no
<Clef> go to bed now
<Dexanote> Go to bed.

<Roget> AbsentmindedNihilist: there was a stop order to stop talking aboot the stream in 19

<Modern_Erasmus> btw I know it may look like we were ban happy, but we really did endeavor to lean on the side of not

<LadyKatie> Logo drama. People are saying the pride logo ruins their immersion (which I don't get because the only way I pay attention to the banner is if something is moving on it, but okay) and a very vocal minority are saying that it's forced sjw bs.

<saX> It's pretty much just shitty people trying to find something to justify their shittiness.

[archive]
Matrix? Very trans.

BurnerPhone

Involved in several boating accidents
kiwifarms.net
<MobileMagnus> Today.

<Roth> honestly

<Zyn> Mods can delete.

<Roget> the gayest
<Dr_Kens> seriously.

<DrBleep> .au
<Roget> .au

<Clef> guys

<Clef> go to bed
<Clef> no
<Clef> go to bed now
<Dexanote> Go to bed.

[archive]
Man, reading through these logs, you just KNOW these guys have never confronted an opposing viewpoint outside of the internet. They can't possibly understand why people would be angry because they live in an internet hugbox. Nice cameo Roget, your analysis of 17th century Gothic literature is retarded btw, and to SCP mods: horror isn't "super gay" just because you watched the Babadook and Twitter told you it was a metaphor for gays. Claiming that horror is a genre that belongs to homos is reductive and misinformed, and only shows how little of horror you actually read/watch

Baubius

Servant of Janam
kiwifarms.net
Does djkaktus already had a selfie or an irl photo of himself before? I may be mistaken and my memory is messing with me but for some reason I always think he'd look like a typical milquetoast fat bearded guy.

The last image in the last collapsible is him. He has other pictures for sure, can't be bothered to dig them up rn.

Staffy

bark
kiwifarms.net

The last image in the last collapsible is him. He has other pictures for sure, can't be bothered to dig them up rn.
Yep figures he has the typical redditor look, and its probably even worse since imo since ive immediately been reminded of Chris the moment I saw that.

Still I hope scp faces more legal issues and lolsuits that can bite them in the ass, the site can die for all I care. The moment they touched some classics with their reverse midas touch it all went Venezuela levels of bad.

PhamtomGuy

kiwifarms.net
I did some research and the way SCP handles creative commons seems really unorthodox and shady. Like usually when you have licenses like this there's some sort of agreement when you join the site - that "by joining this site you are consenting to have any works posted released under creative commons" blah blah blah or something like that.

There is no such agreement when joining SCP. I scrolled through the applicant page and guide for newbies for an hour, really trying to find anything that would indicate to a new user that they'd be consenting to such a thing and was met with no results.

The only thing I could find was this message in tiny print at the very bottom of every page stating: "Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License". However, this only vaguely implies you're releasing your works to CC by posting on SCP, and I've never heard of a website just 'deciding' your works are licensed under a certain agreement with no consent or clear statement.

Now if I haven't made some oversight, this means someone could (fairly effectively) plea ignorance to the existence of such a licensing agreement, given they never explicitly stated they were releasing their work under CC.

Wouldn't work for stuff like Keter Duty but you could probably knock dozens of articles out without a licensing tag as long as they can't prove you ever agreed to license it under CC, since there is nothing when you sign up or post to the wiki that inherently indicates you do it automatically.