SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

Furret

Going to walk all over the world one day.
kiwifarms.net
Which of their successive rewrites haven't turned into overexplaining a simple concept? Look at what they did to the plague doctor.
I mean, this first rewrite is okay. It doesn't overstay its welcome, there's no piles of logs to slog through, it's just a simple concept with a couple tests at the end. It's nothing spectacular, but I don't mind that because it's a short read. Not every SCP author is Kaktus, you know.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
I mean, this first rewrite is okay. It doesn't overstay its welcome, there's no piles of logs to slog through, it's just a simple concept with a couple tests at the end. It's nothing spectacular, but I don't mind that because it's a short read. Not every SCP author is Kaktus, you know.
Why did it need a rewrite, exactly, other than to feed the ego of new scp writers?

Furret

kiwifarms.net
Why did it need a rewrite, exactly, other than to feed the ego of new scp writers?
There was a blatantly-rigged "vote" when Roget/Harmony asked for her articles to be deleted, and now her things are being snapped up and rewritten one-by-one. I would rather they just be deleted, but if there are to be rewrites then they should at least be decent, which this is IMO.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
There was a blatantly-rigged "vote" when Roget/Harmony asked for her articles to be deleted, and now her things are being snapped up and rewritten one-by-one. I would rather they just be deleted, but if there are to be rewrites then they should at least be decent, which this is IMO.
Why touch them at all, exactly? Death of the author does not mean you literally erase their work from existence, especially not by rewriting the actual work. It doesn't matter if the rewrites are "decent" if you don't provide a way to see what the work was in the first place. As far as I'm aware the only way to see original scp articles is by archive.org or if someone's copied them somewhere else manually.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Because they're spineless. There's pages of discussion about this situation in this thread already and I don't really feel like rehashing it, so just read that.
They're not spineless as if they care at all about the early writers of SCP, they were 4channers and thus evil nazi chuds so their work must be erased. They're egotists who want to actively rewrite their own history to be more palatable to themselves and to benefit themselves.

Furret

kiwifarms.net
They're not spineless as if they care at all about the early writers of SCP, they were 4channers and thus evil nazi chuds so their work must be erased. They're egotists who want to actively rewrite their own history to be more palatable to themselves and to benefit themselves.
Except @pixelatedharmony isn't an evil Nazi 4chan chud. Well, maybe they think she is now, but she's not from that early era of 4chan people. I'm calling them spineless because they blatantly abandoned principles and precedent to fuck an author over once it looked like things were going to be difficult for them.

The soyalorian

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-.
kiwifarms.net
I'm very mixed with my opinion on the SCP Foundation cuz there are some fucking great entries like SCP-1678 and SCP-1861 for an example but it's also now ran by retarded morons who want to put their politics in it and are fine with dumb self insert OCs now for some reason.

Personally I don't even use the forum anymore and just watch SCP reading videos, TheVolgun and Nightmind's scp videos are a good example of ones that try to stay in stay in universe with the world.

(That tranny Homestuck one is still up but they got rid of the "penis taker" for reasons I can guess :story:)

on that note, -Js can sometimes either be completely retarded as in something like SCP-5167 (just a shitty Among Us meme) or really funny like SCP-999-J (no idea how it's still up but it's comment section must be god-awful)

It is literally a creepy fat man who teleports in random girls beds and rapes them, it's fucking great.
Speedo.jpg

But it's ran by people like you and me so of course it's bound to atleast somewhat retarded but man is the fandom more retarded then I originally presumed it was.

Now this is because just like Slender Man, there was a game and butch of big Youtubers played it causing it to become basically mainstream.

There's so many shitty animated videos and other shit like shitty Minecraft mods but that's just something everything that's popular has to deal with

The only one I think that is atleast somewhat good is by Lord Bung but it's still made by a weird furry and the main character is almost a 100% of self insert.

maxresdefault.jpg

So I don't know, it's a pretty mixed bag of pretty good stuff and completely retarded shit, it doesn't help that the fandom is now completely comprised of dumb children.

Cow-Chan

Welcome To The Moo Zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
on that note, -Js can sometimes either be completely retarded as in something like SCP-5167 (just a shitty Among Us meme) or really funny like SCP-999-J (no idea how it's still up but it's comment section must be god-awful)

It is literally a creepy fat man who teleports in random girls beds and rapes them, it's fucking great.
View attachment 2063142
That... Isn't what that SCP does. You just made that up. All it does is act really weird and awkward, it doesn't rape people.

The soyalorian

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-.
kiwifarms.net
It's whole thing is teleporting in beds right? That mixed with the fact that he's almost completely naked implies that he rapes people. (and probably women)

I might be wrong cuz I read it a while ago but that's what I remember from it.

Last edited:

Cow-Chan

Welcome To The Moo Zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's whole thing is teleporting in beds right? That mixed with the fact that he's almost completely naked implies that he rapes people. (and probably women)

I might be wrong cuz I read it a while ago but that's what I remember from it.
No, it doesn't even imply that it rapes people. What he essentially does is just teleport into bedrooms when people are in the middle of personal things, interrupt whatever's going on, and acts just generally really weird and vaguely creepy. Freaky, but pretty harmless.

meinkraft

I like to do human things like collecting flowers
kiwifarms.net
I'm very mixed with my opinion on the SCP Foundation cuz there are some fucking great entries like SCP-1678 and SCP-1861 for an example but it's also now ran by retarded morons who want to put their politics in it and are fine with dumb self insert OCs now for some reason.

Personally I don't even use the forum anymore and just watch SCP reading videos, TheVolgun and Nightmind's scp videos are a good example of ones that try to stay in stay in universe with the world.

(That tranny Homestuck one is still up but they got rid of the "penis taker" for reasons I can guess :story:)

View attachment 2063142

But it's ran by people like you and me so of course it's bound to atleast somewhat retarded but man is the fandom more retarded then I originally presumed it was.

Now this is because just like Slender Man, there was a game and butch of big Youtubers played it causing it to become basically mainstream.

There's so many shitty animated videos and other shit like shitty Minecraft mods but that's just something everything that's popular has to deal with

The only one I think that is atleast somewhat good is by Lord Bung but it's still made by a weird furry and the main character is almost a 100% of self insert.

View attachment 2063144

So I don't know, it's a pretty mixed bag of pretty good stuff and completely retarded shit, it doesn't help that the fandom is now completely comprised of dumb children.
I can see SCP admins trying to edit the article of SCP-999-J like they did with the doorknob one. It's only a matter of time.

Lil' Misogynist

Uh oh, looks like someone needs to go in the water
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can see SCP admins trying to edit the article of SCP-999-J like they did with the doorknob one. It's only a matter of time.

The admins didn’t edit the doorknob. A lot of people mistakenly think that, but it was the author’s own decision.

Also, I had a meeting with someone at Barnes and Noble today and I walked by this (attached) while I was waiting. I always feel like I’m having an out-of-body experience when I see these things in real life. The first time I saw this book in-store was over a year ago, so I assume it’s been selling well? Congrats to the author tbh

Attachments

• 1207CA24-DA53-4F21-84C2-D68EB03D3985.jpeg
    1207CA24-DA53-4F21-84C2-D68EB03D3985.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Furret

kiwifarms.net
The admins didn’t edit the doorknob. A lot of people mistakenly think that, but it was the author’s own decision.

Also, I had a meeting with someone at Barnes and Noble today and I walked by this (attached) while I was waiting. I always feel like I’m having an out-of-body experience when I see these things in real life. The first time I saw this book in-store was over a year ago, so I assume it’s been selling well? Congrats to the author tbh
There's been a few of these. Super old author qntm, who readers of this thread may know as one of the authors of SCP-055, has gotten his tale series "There Is No Antimemetics Division" published as a paperback book. It's some of the best writing on the site, and qntm seems like an upstanding guy, so I really don't have anything negative to say about this. I just think it's cool.