SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

vdnb6

Are you the kind of guy to have a KF account?
kiwifarms.net
The yearly SCP community survey is live now. It says “2019” but I can assure you this is the newest one.

The link was posted to their Tumblr blog yesterday and to their Subreddit a couple of hours ago. It’s not on their Twitter or wiki homepage yet, which means they probably don’t have a lot of responses. I am not calling for a raid. If you have any genuine concerns about the SCP Wiki, be it the behavior of staff, how the wiki is run, what kind of content is allowed, the social media pages, etc. now is the time where you can make yourself heard. Don’t send them a bunch of hate or they’ll throw your response out for trolling. Same thing will happen if you try to spam them with more than one response. Make yourself firm without harassing anyone.

If you’re curious what they do with the data, here’s a link to last year’s survey results: http://www.scp-wiki.net/2018-survey-results

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
Thanks I suppose but you're kidding yourself if you think that survey is going to change anything at all. They'll just ignore any criticism they don't like.
That's definitely possible, I'm just trying to hold on to the hope that maybe seeing it all in one place will mean something. According to all the past surveys, staff are supposed to respond to common complaints. SCP staff put up a lot of barriers to people criticizing them. O5 Command is public but no one outside of staff can join it, and if you want to complain about something you have to PM them. No one outside of staff can touch their dozens of secret chats. If you want to say something on the main wiki forums, you have to keep it to the designated complaint thread where they can shut you down at any time. If you go into IRC, they'll trace your IP and find your email if they don't like you. This is the one time of year where they take those barriers away.

Clearly big bad Kiwifarms isn't actually as big and bad as they act like it is, because as far as I'm concerned, so long as Duckman is still an admin they don't care about making themselves look bad. (Hell, even Cyan is trying to goad people into posting his Fetlife nudes here now, for whatever reason.) I don't think they're ever going to do anything unless they start worrying that some of their users will leave. (Some of which have, for the record. The disgusting behavior of the admins is literally starting to scare some people away from touching the wiki.)

Last edited:

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
(Hell, even Cyan is trying to goad people into posting his Fetlife nudes here now, for whatever reason.)
If that is true then I'd like to kindly ask Cyan to fuck back off to tumblr where a pedo like himself might actually find some support. We're not his personal army. Nor do any of us want to see Bright's gross manlet penis.

Last edited:

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
Moving on, he also linked to a Google Drive folder full of evidence of Roget (an SCP Wiki admin) and his girlfriend manipulating the former owner of the RPC Wiki for their own purposes. Contents will be attached to this post. (We also know, at the very least, that ProcyonLotor, Dr. Mann, and possibly Duckman/AdminBright were aware of this as well, and did nothing).
Hi, I'd like to bring attention to the comment I made about Roget in this post again, because he's currently being written up for abuse of power on O5 Command, but not for the reason that you might think.

http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-13073135/post-mortem-report-of-incident-of-2-22-2-23-2020-administrat (https://archive.md/e0OSM)

Here's a quick summary of the events, if you don't feel like reading everything: Roget wanted to do a social experiment on the SCP Wiki by making two pages titled "Upvote page" and "Downvote page" on an alt and write an essay on the results. He only told other administrators about the idea. Two active admins said no, one active admin thought it could be interesting. Roget decided to go ahead because two retired admins offered to help him. Shortly after the pages were made the next morning, they were reported to Site17, where the moderators almost deleted them and banned the alts before Roget could stop them. Non-admins were confused as to why they hadn't been told about the experiment. Roget claimed that the two admins who said no gave him permission. A few people pointed out that any other user who did this would have been banned for trolling. Roget apologized and deleted the pages, but the staff chat was in chaos for several hours and now there's a discussion about what should be done about him. A few people are pointing out that the admin team has a habit of being unnecessarily secretive and often does a poor job of communicating with lower-ranking staff, despite the fact that most of the admin team does relatively little grunt work. As of typing, much of the disciplinary team believes that Roget should be removed from his position for at least a month as punishment.

As was pointed out in the thread, this isn't the only time that Roget has jumped the gun and caused issues for those around him, which was brought up in this thread even before he was promoted. (https://archive.md/hTFgl)

I can think of a recent example, when he proposed major changes to how groups of interest should function about 2 weeks after the tech team concluded that they weren't necessary. Let's not forget the time he made a Discord server for Wanderer's Library out of spite after being told that an official SCP Wiki Discord server would cause a massive amount of stress for the people who would need to moderate it.

If anyone still cares about the post I'm replying to, here's a Pastebin that expands on the first screenshot and only makes Roget and his fiance Caro appear more malicious in my eyes.

Edit: What a callout.
roget callout.png

Edit 2: Dr Mann said that there would be new admins this promotion cycle, but the Late Winter promotions thread was just opened and there are no options to vote for new admins.

Last edited:

AoS

with gusto
kiwifarms.net
Hi, I'd like to bring attention to the comment I made about Roget in this post again, because he's currently being written up for abuse of power on O5 Command, but not for the reason that you might think.

http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-13073135/post-mortem-report-of-incident-of-2-22-2-23-2020-administrat (https://archive.md/e0OSM)

Here's a quick summary of the events, if you don't feel like reading everything: Roget wanted to do a social experiment on the SCP Wiki by making two pages titled "Upvote page" and "Downvote page" on an alt and write an essay on the results. He only told other administrators about the idea. Two active admins said no, one active admin thought it could be interesting. Roget decided to go ahead because two retired admins offered to help him. Shortly after the pages were made the next morning, they were reported to Site17, where the moderators almost deleted them and banned the alts before Roget could stop them. Non-admins were confused as to why they hadn't been told about the experiment. Roget claimed that the two admins who said no gave him permission. A few people pointed out that any other user who did this would have been banned for trolling. Roget apologized and deleted the pages, but the staff chat was in chaos for several hours and now there's a discussion about what should be done about him. A few people are pointing out that the admin team has a habit of being unnecessarily secretive and often does a poor job of communicating with lower-ranking staff, despite the fact that most of the admin team does relatively little grunt work. As of typing, much of the disciplinary team believes that Roget should be removed from his position for at least a month as punishment.

As was pointed out in the thread, this isn't the only time that Roget has jumped the gun and caused issues for those around him, which was brought up in this thread even before he was promoted. (https://archive.md/hTFgl)

I can think of a recent example, when he proposed major changes to how groups of interest should function about 2 weeks after the tech team concluded that they weren't necessary. Let's not forget the time he made a Discord server for Wanderer's Library out of spite after being told that an official SCP Wiki Discord server would cause a massive amount of stress for the people who would need to moderate it.

If anyone still cares about the post I'm replying to, here's a Pastebin that expands on the first screenshot and only makes Roget and his fiance Caro appear more malicious in my eyes.

Edit: What a callout.
View attachment 1160070

Edit 2: Dr Mann said that there would be new admins this promotion cycle, but the Late Winter promotions thread was just opened and there are no options to vote for new admins.
Nice to see that a staff member recognized that this was the exact reason the infamous Fishmonger was permabanned.

Last edited:

AoS

with gusto
kiwifarms.net
To what end though?
A lot of staff asked the same question and never really got an answer. Here’s all the data on it from the 05 thread:

The first mention of the idea was in a Discord chat, where Rogret writes,

Woke up to share this idea do you think if I posted a page called ‘the upvote protest page’ that exists both to protest dumb no-effort/accidental joke pages like [SCP-309-J] that y’all would go for it
He later renames the idea to just “upvote”. One person says that most people would downvote it, to which Rogret says “even better”.

Rogret later explains after the staff blow up:

I wasn’t trying to do it just for fun, I was going to follow up with a written piece contrasting the pages to others that were posted by mistake or as author pages. ... I was measuring what a page stripped of any context compared to other similar pages, like downvote accruing author pages or 309-J and then writing a compare/contrast piece about voting patterns on those pages. ... I was trying to be scientific in all the wrong ways for a thoroughly unscientific endeavor.
A second party Rogret spoke to said that his motive was”to speculate the effects of such pages on the wiki.”

An admin (who is mentioned by name in Cyan’s now-pulled letter to admin) summarizes the “interesting” intent in this way;

Wonder what would happen if we put up these pages, how the general populace would vote if given zero context ... a 24-hour brief voting experiment of how random users would vote up or down. It’s stupid but ‘hey this is a neat idea’.
Still doesn’t explain why.

Another staffer who called the actions “Shady as FUCK” also says:

When you deliberately don’t explain why you’re doing an odd thing, it makes the rest of us think you’re doing things for less-than-benevolent reasons.

So yeah, the answer besides autism + power abuse is probably upvote science.

On the whole, staff is appropriately disgusted by this, but don’t have the balls to ban Rogret in the meaningful way they know he should be.

Last edited:

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
On the whole, staff is appropriately disgusted by this, but don’t have the balls to ban Rogret in the meaningful way they know he should be
It looks like he’s going to be censured for a month though. All three admins who have voted so far say yes: http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-13078832/vote-for-censure-roget

An admin (who is mentioned by name in Cyan’s now-pulled letter to admin) summarizes the “interesting” intent in this way;
That would be Dexanote.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Crichax

"Oh, and by the way, Jaspersprite agrees with me."
kiwifarms.net
The International SCPs are pretty underrated, although a lot of the entries need editing. I like seeing that different countries have their own groups of interest.

http://scp-int.wikidot.com/main

I also think that the unofficial branches of the Foundation (Turkish, Nordic, Vietnamese, and Traditional Chinese) are underrated as well. If you don't know any of those languages, the entries are usually pretty understandable if you put them through Google Translate.

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
Here’s an update post for recent SCP drama and happenings.

The Drama:

Cyantreuse has accused djkaktus of being overly favored by SCP Wiki staff and several inappropriate behaviors, the biggest of which is an allegation that djkaktus attempted to pressure him into drinking alcohol when they hooked up several years ago: https://archive.fo/8fLWa
In addition to the archived post above, I’ve attached a screenshot of a letter that Cyan sent to a staff member that elaborates on the situation. One of the pastebin links is censored due to the fact that it’s loaded with personal information about an irrelevant person.

The SCP Wiki moderator Uncle Nicolini has been accused of sexual harassment, emotional manipulation, and grossly inappropriate behavior towards other people by an anonymous user: https://archive.fo/MvJ0F

A different anonymous user alleges that as a minor in the SCP community, they were repeatedly sexually targeted by much older members, some of which were established authors: https://archive.md/sGPfD, https://archive.md/zwtZp

About a month ago, in a further attempt to exert control over the offsite SCP community, staff made an O5 Command thread which was a thinly veiled discussion about Dr. Cimmerian (someone they openly dislike lol) and his Patreon page, in which they barred him and anyone else in the future from advertising paid critique services and selling co-authorship: http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-13053763/voting-thread:additional-clarification-of-donations-policy

The first meeting for the Duksin lawsuit occured on the 11th. It was very brief and no real progress is going to be made until the second hearing on April 21st. Also for whatever reason, Youtubers are still covering this and they’re STILL. TAKING. DONATIONS. https://archive.md/jbOg0

(Sidenote - $20 says that literally no attempt at positive change will happen, the Disciplinary Team continues to claim that they aren’t biased / don’t defend abusers, and/or at least one of the people who wrote one of the above posts gets attacked for it as a result of this update.)

---------

The Happenings:

That professionally-made SCP-096 movie that’s been in the works for a year is finally out now, and you can watch it on Youtube. If you were a supporter and forgot about it, consider logging into Kickstarter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOZkf4imaM

This year’s Jamcon is happening now. The submission period is over but you can still vote for about 10 days. Good luck reading them all: http://www.scp-wiki.net/144-hour-jam-contest-two

Attachments

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
I only have a superficial knowledge of the SCP foundation, but, tbh, it sounds like the wiki model was a mistake. It's the same thing that happened with tv tropes.

They promise you that it will be "democratic" and that the admins just "follow the consensus" and your work will be "creative commons" so that the will never profit from your work.

...What actually happens is that you get a dictatorship filled with a clique of huge elitists assholes. Of course, they will claim they "follow the consensus", and they do for small and unimportant things, but the reality is that anyone that steps out the line for the big things will get banned, and the community will kill any dissident opinions due to people wanting to have the favor of the clique.

Oh and that "never profit of your work" due to "creative commons" thing? That just means YOU the author will never profit from your work or even be able to sell your idea elsewhere. The administrators can profit from ads to "run the site", "emergency merchandise runs", and Kickstarter/crowdfunding for "legal protection" that they will never be held accountable.

Last edited:

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
Oh and that "never profit of your work" thing? That just means YOU the author will never profit from them. The administrators can profit from ads, "emergency merchandise runs", and Kickstarter/crowdfunding for "legal protection" that they will never be held accountable.
To be fair, there are quite a few writers and artists who aren't on staff and have made money off SCP stuff (usually not a lot, but there ARE people out there who'll buy merch and donate, and the licensing team doesn't bother them.) If you're in it to sell cosplay props and well-made in-universe things, you'll probably make a few bucks, but your options to advertise on the wiki itself are very limited.

That said, it's super suspicious that they insist on having literally tens of thousands of dollars left over from the Gofundme after saying that they were "only doing it out of necessity." I simply don't trust these people with large sums of money. I wonder if they're getting scared now that so many people are coming out with stories of sexual abuse and other mistreatment from the higher-ups, and are... stockpiling for the future.

vdnb6

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't give these fucks money; it's just funding their dildo and dakimakura collections.
You probably said this as a joke, but I'm pretty sure that most of the people from the sex side of the fandom do actually spend a lot of money on sex toys and such. Sometimes they send dildos to each other. I've seen some shit.

Edit: Just remembered that I do have pics of Cyan's collection for reference, and I'm willing to bet that his is fairly average (for members of that community).
20200221_224809.jpg

20200224_170007.jpg

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You probably said this as a joke, but I'm pretty sure that most of the people from the sex side of the fandom do actually spend a lot of money on sex toys and such. Sometimes they send dildos to each other. I've seen some shit.
I'm actually not joking; we know several of these cunts actually have f-list and fetlife accounts, documented a while back.

HIVidaBoheme

Intersectional basic bitch
kiwifarms.net
I only have a superficial knowledge of the SCP foundation, but, tbh, it sounds like the wiki model was a mistake. It's the same thing that happened with tv tropes.

They promise you that it will be "democratic" and that the admins just "follow the consensus" and your work will be "creative commons" so that the will never profit from your work.

...What actually happens is that you get a dictatorship filled with a clique of huge elitists assholes. Of course, they will claim they "follow the consensus", and they do for small and unimportant things, but the reality is that anyone that steps out the line for the big things will get banned, and the community will kill any dissident opinions due to people wanting to have the favor of the clique.

Oh and that "never profit of your work" due to "creative commons" thing? That just means YOU the author will never profit from your work or even be able to sell your idea elsewhere. The administrators can profit from ads to "run the site", "emergency merchandise runs", and Kickstarter/crowdfunding for "legal protection" that they will never be held accountable.
This is what pretty much all the SCP rejects tried to do at each knockoff lile Wayward, NDI and RPC... with each being shunned and snubbed out but in the end, the very same admins of each knockoff is pretty much enacting this anyway. Anomalous writing communities really seem to be overrun with corrupt shekel loving faggots for something they claim is "just a hobby or a passion" :thinking:
To be fair, there are quite a few writers and artists who aren't on staff and have made money off SCP stuff (usually not a lot, but there ARE people out there who'll buy merch and donate, and the licensing team doesn't bother them.) If you're in it to sell cosplay props and well-made in-universe things, you'll probably make a few bucks, but your options to advertise on the wiki itself are very limited.

That said, it's super suspicious that they insist on having literally tens of thousands of dollars left over from the Gofundme after saying that they were "only doing it out of necessity." I simply don't trust these people with large sums of money. I wonder if they're getting scared now that so many people are coming out with stories of sexual abuse and other mistreatment from the higher-ups, and are... stockpiling for the future.
It's not suspicious, it's a guarantee they will spend this for degenerate commissions, sex toys or even some good dick chops for all the troons in staff.

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
This is what pretty much all the SCP rejects tried to do at each knockoff lile Wayward, NDI and RPC... with each being shunned and snubbed out but in the end, the very same admins of each knockoff is pretty much enacting this anyway. Anomalous writing communities really seem to be overrun with corrupt shekel loving faggots for something they claim is "just a hobby or a passion" :thinking:
Honestly at this point this whole collaborative-wiki-writing shit is just falling apart anyway. If you've got a story to tell, just make your own shit in its own place, or at least keep your group small and tight-knit.

Tags
None