SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Walter Grace

Boohoo Nigga.
kiwifarms.net
It was in a discord vc on Volgun's, mostly over text as we were watching 3d modeling and such. We got deep into the moderation side. Eventually, people admitted there are faults within the community, and that there might be proposals soon to deal with the situation. People are pondering it at least, and trying to mend what's happening. Is it a sure-fire that anything will get pushed? No, But it shows that there is the will to do better, I can't speak on the specifics of the team or such, as I never got to ask (mostly because of the pace of the conversation). But their are elements of the community that are trying its damndest.

Alright, thanks for clarifying. More than anything it would be great if there was a screencap of any kind, because saying a thing doesn’t make said thing true. Thank you.

vdnb6

Are you the kind of guy to have a KF account?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A reminder that people are trying to use this thread to post important info and have relevant conversations. The more mindless shit that gets posted, the further back the actually important information winds up. Remember: use edits, reply to multiple people at once when you can, don’t go off-topic if you can avoid it.

For the people who want a video or a stream to be made about this info: it will happen eventually. Several Youtubers have been suggested, put in your own effort to contact people in private if this is a big deal to you. I’ve been watching and this thread has gained about 15k views in the past week. Believe me, people are looking. It’s only a matter of time.

Edit: This thread has been super busy as of late and some people may want a refresher, in that case, I refer you to this masterpost (more info has been added since, so check the replies) and this post is approximately where things really started picking up in late April. Feel free to go back and read things even earlier in the thread, of course.

Last edited:

alanshaffer3293

kiwifarms.net
heard where and how? what moderators? do you have anything resembling proof? logs? anything?

Oh hey subtle, almost didn't notice you since you seem to have changed your username recently. I wonder why.

You mind commenting on your supposed sexual abuse and grooming of a 15 year old?

Edit: I'm an autist and posted a local PDF, here's some working links:

Edit 2: I want to rescind my previous statements in this post, after a few more details have come to light. Please scroll down for more information.

Last edited:

vdnb6

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh hey subtle, almost didn't notice you since you seem to have changed your username recently. I wonder why.

You mind commenting on your supposed sexual abuse and grooming of a 15 year old?

file:///C:/Users/d3rkj/Downloads/My_Experiences_with_the_Wiki.pdf

We’ve been over this already. Please read the links in this post if you’re confused.

Eskisehir

formerly subtletea, constantly tired
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I'll bite, since it's tied into something I want to bring up about wiki sex culture.

If you look at the PDF testimony linked in this post, which has the words of the actual victim, he came into a NSFW space and didn't identify himself as a minor. That is absolutely not his fault. It's the fault of the adults in the space, including me. I didn't know this person was underaged at the time and if I had, I would not have continued in front of him. I'm not sure if the other party knew he was under the age and I don't have the logs to confirm (this was before I began using a logging capable client) so I can't go and look if they did.

I will somewhat defend both of them in that I never explicitly identified myself as under the age.
The closest is when I left the room when they asked ‘are you 18?’, which should have been an
indicator, but they continued after I avoided the question. I don’t know if that would hold up in a
court of law but it’s what happened.

Subltetea and I became more disconnected, more like friends than fuck buddies, but her
girlfriend and I continued it for at least a year.

Like I said, I do believe I am in the wrong for not making sure that all people in the chat were able to give informed consent and I do hold myself accountable for that (which is part of the reason I didn't come in guns blazing defending myself when I first joined this thread as a participant. But that's not the same as intentionally and knowingly grooming a minor into a sexual relationship. My revulsion that this happened and the realization that this has happened multiple times with people who do have poor intent was part of what got me out of the site.

That being said, I'm afraid that this kind of mistake was probably not only common but tacitly encouraged in NSFW spaces. If someone knew you were underage and called out your presence you'd get kicked for posterity's sake, but if only the person who invited you knew and nobody asked, well, it would be fair game. We've seen some of that in site12 where people were invited/joined who were underage and I think it contributes heavily to the whole grooming/abuse cycles going on.

edit: also I changed my name because if you bring an identifiable name to the farms you're an idiot, idiot. Even on principle.

Godd Howard

kiwifarms.net
It was in a discord vc on Volgun's, mostly over text as we were watching 3d modeling and such. We got deep into the moderation side. Eventually, people admitted there are faults within the community, and that there might be proposals soon to deal with the situation. People are pondering it at least, and trying to mend what's happening. Is it a sure-fire that anything will get pushed? No, But it shows that there is the will to do better, I can't speak on the specifics of the team or such, as I never got to ask (mostly because of the pace of the conversation). But their are elements of the community that are trying its damndest.
Please stop autism posting qual. Between you and Blairin I wouldn't be surprised if the RPC gets its own lolcow thread.
As a side note, they finally got around to deleting the discussion page for hunger doggo. Hours after I pointed it out, compared to the mere minutes it took to delete the hub itself. Again, meaningless since its archived, but hey, points for effort.
Next how about you remove Doctor Doctor Doctor and its discussion page, a tale where Bright wrote his self-insert admiring the breasts of a 13 year old girl?
And where in the discussion page you find this little interesting exchange.
QThUkMF.png

alanshaffer3293

kiwifarms.net
Actually, I'll bite, since it's tied into something I want to bring up about wiki sex culture.

If you look at the PDF testimony linked in this post, which has the words of the actual victim, he came into a NSFW space and didn't identify himself as a minor. That is absolutely not his fault. It's the fault of the adults in the space, including me. I didn't know this person was underaged at the time and if I had, I would not have continued in front of him. I'm not sure if the other party knew he was under the age and I don't have the logs to confirm (this was before I began using a logging capable client) so I can't go and look if they did.

I will somewhat defend both of them in that I never explicitly identified myself as under the age.
The closest is when I left the room when they asked ‘are you 18?’, which should have been an
indicator, but they continued after I avoided the question. I don’t know if that would hold up in a
court of law but it’s what happened.

Subltetea and I became more disconnected, more like friends than fuck buddies, but her
girlfriend and I continued it for at least a year.

Like I said, I do believe I am in the wrong for not making sure that all people in the chat were able to give informed consent and I do hold myself accountable for that (which is part of the reason I didn't come in guns blazing defending myself when I first joined this thread as a participant. But that's not the same as intentionally and knowingly grooming a minor into a sexual relationship. My revulsion that this happened and the realization that this has happened multiple times with people who do have poor intent was part of what got me out of the site.

That being said, I'm afraid that this kind of mistake was probably not only common but tacitly encouraged in NSFW spaces. If someone knew you were underage and called out your presence you'd get kicked for posterity's sake, but if only the person who invited you knew and nobody asked, well, it would be fair game. We've seen some of that in site12 where people were invited/joined who were underage and I think it contributes heavily to the whole grooming/abuse cycles going on.

edit: also I changed my name because if you bring an identifiable name to the farms you're an idiot, idiot. Even on principle.

I apologize, then. Thank you for the explanation.

Edit: I'm an autist and posted a local PDF, here's some working links:
Edit 2: After a couple more details came to light, I would like to rescind my previous statements in this post. Please scroll down for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

vdnb6

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the admins is thinking of updating the age requirement to be a member of the SCP wiki and is limiting the discussion to operational staff and above. He claims it’s due to concerns about “adult content on the wiki”. Considering recent events, I think we all know the real reason. Still, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

Edit: Immediate support from several staff members. This is good.

Big edit: Ohhh shit I missed some things. Check these out, they’ve made public statements and new policies:

This is a massive victory. Let’s clean the rest of these creeps out.

Last edited:

Disc

Mouth's feeling a little dry.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they're going to hold the administrators who royally dropped the ball on preventing this abuse in the first place accountable? Or is this just "moving forwards".

'Moving Forwards' is an unusual synonym for 'Running Away'.

I'll start on a writeup for some of the bits I know fairly well - mainly the stuff that doesn't have to do with the Sinister, Controlling Pedophiles.

For now, I’d ask to get this added to the OP:

If new people from the SCP wiki are coming, we’d seriously appreciate the following:

1: Consider carefully if you wanna out who you are on here. Whether you think it's true or not, this website is often seen as every bad thing under the sun, and you may not want your username getting those connotations. There's a reason why many people don't just use names they don't use anywhere else, and often use new email accounts. There are already a number of defecting staff members in the chat, consider funneling your stuff through them. Or log on discreetly and pass information through someone else.

2: Archive your shit before posting, especially stuff that the SCPF may want to censor, or you may lose access to. SCP Staff DEFINITELY watch this thread, and have nuked pages within minutes of posting it here. I linked a discord chat exporter a few pages back, and there is the ever popular archive.md and so on.

3: We are not a trolling meetup forum. We are not planning trolling campaigns or any sort of harassment - that's called A-logging, and is something firmly frowned upon. People do slip up, it's an inevitability that people get too mad when dealing with some of this content, but someone will come and push things back on course.
We're not here to plan some great escapade. We're the forum equivalent of that guy who is watching you in the middle of fucking up, and taking extensive notes on how and why. We are the part of the internet that never forgets. Nothing more, nothing less.

alanshaffer3293

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they're going to hold the administrators who royally dropped the ball on preventing this abuse in the first place accountable? Or is this just "moving forwards".

I doubt it. This is certainly a massive step in the right direction, and I am in no way condemning what they've done here. But I can't help but feel like this is a knee-jerk reaction to fears of retribution and not a desire for genuine reform.

On the other hand, this is an ongoing situation, and its possible they are just in the process of investigating any past incompetency and banning people accordingly.

Insurgency Moon

kiwifarms.net
One of the admins is thinking of updating the age requirement to be a member of the SCP wiki and is limiting the discussion to operational staff and above. He claims it’s due to concerns about “adult content on the wiki”. Considering recent events, I think we all know the real reason. Still, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

Edit: Immediate support from several staff members. This is good.

Big edit: Ohhh shit I missed some things. Check these out, they’ve made public statements and new policies:

I’m going to try and stay away from the situation for a bit unless anyone needs me for something important, but I have to say this: If they expect to sweep this under the rug and then bask in ass-kissing from randos on reddit that were never affected, they can go get fucked. At least, I myself will not stop using whatever I can to force a public statement and the demotion and banning of all the remaining staff that were called out on that list. They can wash their hands as much they want but it won’t fix the destructive habits I developed from this and all the therapy I need to this day to convince me that I won’t get abused in every new community and relationship that I get into.

Staff need to come clean about the REAL reason Duckman turned and ran instead of worshipping a predator like some hero and the fact that they promoted taylor_itkin and let him handle further sensitive matters knowing that he helps his incel-y friend harass teenage girls and threaten my school.

You don’t get to kick me in the face and then tell me to get over it because it’s in the past. Perpetrators don’t get the right to decide when it’s over.

I appreciate that the members here, at least, have human decency and understand why this needs to be pursued.

Last edited:

HorseFucker

kiwifarms.net
I doubt it. This is certainly a massive step in the right direction, and I am in no way condemning what they've done here. But I can't help but feel like this is a knee-jerk reaction to fears of retribution and not a desire for genuine reform.

On the other hand, this is an ongoing situation, and its possible they are just in the process of investigating any past incompetency and banning people accordingly.

Yeah Phamtom. Its called Damage Control. Minimize controversy the best way they can. They are hoping to save face knowing what is about to come out and they'll throw people under the bus and pretend that they had no idea. Then they'll default to common PR practices to try and salvage whatever is left of public opinion.

ToS

with gusto
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Oh cool they threw a retirement party for Bright. What a legacy.

I gotta say this is a huge step in the right direction and kudos to SCP. But damn wouldn’t this have meant what it should if they gave Bright the ban he likely earned? They have already set a precedent that there are exceptions & modified treatment based on meritocracy. “Okay okay we may not have banned the worst offender in the site’s history, but we would from now on, promise.”

Bright contributed enough to the wiki’s culture (ew) and internal legacy that they couldn’t bring themselves to actually ban him. Maybe they’ll come to terms with the accusations and carry out a posthumous ban one day, but it’s too soon for a community somewhat in mourning. As a consolation, it’s nice to see how aware the staff is of the issue; an unusual moment of clarity and listening to external voices for a historically abscessed bunch.

Now I‘ll watch with my popcorn to see if any staff leave their position so they can be exempt from these new Terms of Overdue Decency. It’s like the Jedi not being allowed to love.

Edit: Dear SCP, I fixed the new updates to the site charter for you, based on your actions (and not your words). See if you can spot the differences!
UpdatedCharter1.png

UpdatedCharter2.png

Attachments

• UpdatedCharter2.png
    UpdatedCharter2.png
    53 KB · Views: 109
  • UpdatedCharter2.png
    UpdatedCharter2.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SCP as a concept will never die but the site in its current form is unsustainable and will implode once the admins are outed as pedophiles.

Or more likely it will continue on just fine like any number of other exposed pedo havens like ResetEra or all of reddit.

Disc

kiwifarms.net
Or more likely it will continue on just fine like any number of other exposed pedo havens like ResetEra or all of reddit.
I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. It's a relatively tight-knit community at the core, and also one with a relatively high amount of public attention. If bad press starts circulating hard, it'll be hard to ignore. Moreover, some of their bigger contributors are problem children themselves - this is a Wiki that is already often struggling to keep up with itself, with an application system so difficult that even they don't want to deal with it all. It's a lot easier to replace pedophile mods, than it is to replace pedophile writers.

Will it implode? No. But the decline will get that little bit steeper.

Disc

kiwifarms.net
Alright boys, buckle your fuckle.

Dr. Bright faked his resignation and is still a site-admin.

View attachment 1273579
They’re keeping him despite policy updates, I guess.
I mean, it seemed like he was just stepping back? Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he doesn't still have enough trust in the community to be an admin. Whether he deserves that trust or not.

Is there a pattern of them removing modship from those who 'retire with dignity'?

Now, whether this will backfire is a different story.