SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they're going to hold the administrators who royally dropped the ball on preventing this abuse in the first place accountable? Or is this just "moving forwards".
'Moving Forwards' is an unusual synonym for 'Running Away'.

I'll start on a writeup for some of the bits I know fairly well - mainly the stuff that doesn't have to do with the Sinister, Controlling Pedophiles.

For now, I’d ask to get this added to the OP:

If new people from the SCP wiki are coming, we’d seriously appreciate the following:

1: Consider carefully if you wanna out who you are on here. Whether you think it's true or not, this website is often seen as every bad thing under the sun, and you may not want your username getting those connotations. There's a reason why many people don't just use names they don't use anywhere else, and often use new email accounts. There are already a number of defecting staff members in the chat, consider funneling your stuff through them. Or log on discreetly and pass information through someone else.

2: Archive your shit before posting, especially stuff that the SCPF may want to censor, or you may lose access to. SCP Staff DEFINITELY watch this thread, and have nuked pages within minutes of posting it here. I linked a discord chat exporter a few pages back, and there is the ever popular archive.md and so on.

3: We are not a trolling meetup forum. We are not planning trolling campaigns or any sort of harassment - that's called A-logging, and is something firmly frowned upon. People do slip up, it's an inevitability that people get too mad when dealing with some of this content, but someone will come and push things back on course.
We're not here to plan some great escapade. We're the forum equivalent of that guy who is watching you in the middle of fucking up, and taking extensive notes on how and why. We are the part of the internet that never forgets. Nothing more, nothing less.

PhamtomGuy

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they're going to hold the administrators who royally dropped the ball on preventing this abuse in the first place accountable? Or is this just "moving forwards".
I doubt it. This is certainly a massive step in the right direction, and I am in no way condemning what they've done here. But I can't help but feel like this is a knee-jerk reaction to fears of retribution and not a desire for genuine reform.

On the other hand, this is an ongoing situation, and its possible they are just in the process of investigating any past incompetency and banning people accordingly.

Insurgency Moon

kiwifarms.net
One of the admins is thinking of updating the age requirement to be a member of the SCP wiki and is limiting the discussion to operational staff and above. He claims it’s due to concerns about “adult content on the wiki”. Considering recent events, I think we all know the real reason. Still, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

Edit: Immediate support from several staff members. This is good.

Big edit: Ohhh shit I missed some things. Check these out, they’ve made public statements and new policies:

This is a massive victory. Let’s clean the rest of these creeps out.
I’m going to try and stay away from the situation for a bit unless anyone needs me for something important, but I have to say this: If they expect to sweep this under the rug and then bask in ass-kissing from randos on reddit that were never affected, they can go get fucked. At least, I myself will not stop using whatever I can to force a public statement and the demotion and banning of all the remaining staff that were called out on that list. They can wash their hands as much they want but it won’t fix the destructive habits I developed from this and all the therapy I need to this day to convince me that I won’t get abused in every new community and relationship that I get into.

Staff need to come clean about the REAL reason Duckman turned and ran instead of worshipping a predator like some hero and the fact that they promoted taylor_itkin and let him handle further sensitive matters knowing that he helps his incel-y friend harass teenage girls and threaten my school.

You don’t get to kick me in the face and then tell me to get over it because it’s in the past. Perpetrators don’t get the right to decide when it’s over.

I appreciate that the members here, at least, have human decency and understand why this needs to be pursued.

Last edited:

HorseFucker

kiwifarms.net
I doubt it. This is certainly a massive step in the right direction, and I am in no way condemning what they've done here. But I can't help but feel like this is a knee-jerk reaction to fears of retribution and not a desire for genuine reform.

On the other hand, this is an ongoing situation, and its possible they are just in the process of investigating any past incompetency and banning people accordingly.
Yeah Phamtom. Its called Damage Control. Minimize controversy the best way they can. They are hoping to save face knowing what is about to come out and they'll throw people under the bus and pretend that they had no idea. Then they'll default to common PR practices to try and salvage whatever is left of public opinion.

AoS

with gusto
kiwifarms.net
Big edit: Ohhh shit I missed some things. Check these out, they’ve made public statements and new policies:

This is a massive victory. Let’s clean the rest of these creeps out.
Oh cool they threw a retirement party for Bright. What a legacy.

I gotta say this is a huge step in the right direction and kudos to SCP. But damn wouldn’t this have meant what it should if they gave Bright the ban he likely earned? They have already set a precedent that there are exceptions & modified treatment based on meritocracy. “Okay okay we may not have banned the worst offender in the site’s history, but we would from now on, promise.”

Bright contributed enough to the wiki’s culture (ew) and internal legacy that they couldn’t bring themselves to actually ban him. Maybe they’ll come to terms with the accusations and carry out a posthumous ban one day, but it’s too soon for a community somewhat in mourning. As a consolation, it’s nice to see how aware the staff is of the issue; an unusual moment of clarity and listening to external voices for a historically abscessed bunch.

Now I‘ll watch with my popcorn to see if any staff leave their position so they can be exempt from these new Terms of Overdue Decency. It’s like the Jedi not being allowed to love.

Edit: Dear SCP, I fixed the new updates to the site charter for you, based on your actions (and not your words). See if you can spot the differences!
UpdatedCharter1.png

UpdatedCharter2.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Or more likely it will continue on just fine like any number of other exposed pedo havens like ResetEra or all of reddit.
I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. It's a relatively tight-knit community at the core, and also one with a relatively high amount of public attention. If bad press starts circulating hard, it'll be hard to ignore. Moreover, some of their bigger contributors are problem children themselves - this is a Wiki that is already often struggling to keep up with itself, with an application system so difficult that even they don't want to deal with it all. It's a lot easier to replace pedophile mods, than it is to replace pedophile writers.

Will it implode? No. But the decline will get that little bit steeper.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Alright boys, buckle your fuckle.

Dr. Bright faked his resignation and is still a site-admin.

View attachment 1273579
They’re keeping him despite policy updates, I guess.
I mean, it seemed like he was just stepping back? Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he doesn't still have enough trust in the community to be an admin. Whether he deserves that trust or not.

Is there a pattern of them removing modship from those who 'retire with dignity'?

Now, whether this will backfire is a different story.

PhamtomGuy

kiwifarms.net
I mean, it seemed like he was just stepping back? Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he doesn't still have enough trust in the community to be an admin. Whether he deserves that trust or not.

Is there a pattern of them removing modship from those who 'retire with dignity'?

As far as I know, this is normal practice. Admins who step back or become inactive aren't demoted unless they explicitly ask to be.

Walter Grace

Green Mean Bitching Machine
kiwifarms.net

They don’t usually go with “Honorable Retirement” more than they do punish people that have done terrible things with super vauge listed reason for what they did. But also, if you read the new policies, that for sure Dr. Bright fell under, it’s pretty sus. He also must have read them considering he was so high up.

From SCP’s updated off site NSFW policies, what is punishable-

“Attempting to use one's status as staff as leverage for NSFW behavior, sexual favors, or similar.”

Hmmmm.

8EA645C2-C6A0-44A6-ADC8-C6A07EFB6E98.jpeg

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Staff are not to directly advertise their current position in the SCP Wiki’s staff structure on platforms where adult activity is expected or the norm. “I am [REDACTED], Moderator of SCP Wiki” is unnecessary; “[REDACTED], writer at SCP Wiki” is more acceptable, if among other hobby listings. It’s not necessary to fully isolate one’s self identity between the Wiki with other platforms, but a level of division is expected and heavily encouraged.
This is what makes me think 'covering their asses' more than 'trying to root out corruption'.

Godd Howard

kiwifarms.net
This is what makes me think 'covering their asses' more than 'trying to root out corruption'.
Not to mention their continued refusal to acknowledge what Bright has done.
They don't actually care about anything that's been happening, they're just realizing people are starting to learn about it. Bright isn't even properly retired, he's still an admin.
Doctor Doctor Doctor's from 2010, why no one spoke up about how fucked it was to Bright or any of the other staff, or why if they did nothing was done about it is something that shows how unreliable SCP staff really is.

Psyantroos

Cyantreuse / sexycontainmentprocedures
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention their continued refusal to acknowledge what Bright has done.
They don't actually care about anything that's been happening, they're just realizing people are starting to learn about it. Bright isn't even properly retired, he's still an admin.
Doctor Doctor Doctor's from 2010, why no one spoke up about how fucked it was to Bright or any of the other staff, or why if they did nothing was done about it is something that shows how unreliable SCP staff really is.
Exactly. I see that Dexanote was the one to make the 05 thread about a policy ~limiting~ sexual interaction between users and staff. Come a long way from jerking off to the idea of wielding that admin power over someone whose father was providing free housing for your fellow admin friend, have you Dexanote?

If Dexanote has changed (magically, suddenly, right after the exact same things he's known for months or years were posted and noticed in a place staff cannot censor) then I think the community would like to know why. Why don't you tell 05command how you decided you no longer enjoy masturbating to the idea of banning someone from your site, Dexanote? Right now I'm wondering why -- figuratively speaking -- the CEO of a company wants to be able to fuck his secretary as long as he's not wearing his CEO hat at the time:

leverage.jpg

The above is not only asinine reasoning, it also creates an even more 'sexy-taboo' potential relationship dynamic, in which "we have to keep our kinky sex a secret, even from other admins ;)" becomes a factor when the inevitable hotel hookup(s) occur(s); so many admins and staff are into BDSM too that I simply cannot imagine how they discussed sexual ethics That Much and concluded That Bullshit without considering the notion during discussions.

I'd guess most of the people abused by staff don't trust the exact same staff to make policies allegedly intended to prevent the exact same abuse, Dexanote. Y'all are going to have to find someone on staff who's not a pervert and/or abuse apologist to address this objectively, and you won't be able to do it because you're not sorry you did it, you're sorry you can't do it anymore. And it's because you are malicious, predatory people who know how to talk and lie and cheat until the larger SCP community is complacent enough for you to conceal, maintain, and enjoy a blissfully unaware sphere of the inner circle that is just as abhorrent as it always was. The only difference is that this time, you want to get away with it forever under new duplicitous bureaucratic proceedings -- this time, designed specifically to allow the people in positions of power -- staff -- to decide whether staff in any given case are guilty of abusing their power as staff.

extortion.jpg

In great confidence, I speculate that under these parameters, any user abused by a staff member would be silenced further and told that their case had been "investigated and did not fall under relationship policy parameters for inappropriate conduct" or some shit like that. They will investigate themselves and find themselves guilty of no wrongdoing. They always do.

mann.jpg

Aww, so wholesome and punctual, Mr. Beattie. So, are y'all going to reopen cases, or just cases you hadn't changed over months to benefit your narrative wherever possible all while confusing the community? Hell, are there any examples of 'normal' cases anyway? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for any Wikidot PMs from you and Dex.

Edit: As staff search for viable distractions to cause, it may be worth it to put CC-by-SA 3.0 licensing attribution at the top of the first post in the thread or somewhere else plainly visible, just to be safe.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright boys, buckle your fuckle.

Dr. Bright faked his resignation and is still a site-admin.

View attachment 1273579
They’re keeping him despite policy updates, I guess.
Given that not a single thing mentioned what they should do, ie purge the abusive pedophiles and report them to authorities, that's not surprising.

They're literally only doing this now because they're getting caught on their creepery and they're terrified of getting made irrelevant to the lore (too late you useless faggots) or going to prison to get beaten to death by murderers in their respective countries.

Also I don't get the defense of Bright; I actually found his OC to be the shittiest. What else did he do beyond self-insert himself as this immortal dude who can swap bodies like a more autistic Proteus from X-men?

Tags
None