SCP Foundation - Creepypasta with roid rage - now ITT: SCP fans

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
The Gamers Against Weed SCPs seem to be the most reoccuring ones amongst the thread. Seriously, is every single SCP that's a part of the Gamers Against Weed thing thinly veiled commie propaganda?
Not all of them, there's SCP-3108, which is a Nerf Gun that causes a sharp decline in quality to whatever is hit by a specific dart. It's a bad pun about "nerfing" things by use of a Nerf Gun, but it actually shows a way to make GAW dangerous with poorly thought out pranks. In the testing logs for 3108, it turned one D-Class into a Neanderthal, and another into various primates and/or maimed him. The interview log is kind of obnoxious though, with the creator demanding to be called by his Username and calling out the foundation for testing it on humans, though it at least didn't try to assert that it was some sort of grand metaphor.

Slowpoke Sonic

psychic water hedgehog pokemon (they/them/it/shit)
kiwifarms.net
I mean some SCPs are downright original and creepy in a way, but there are several that are just some guys fetish

I wonder which ones this dude invented ?

The sex ones
Yep.
Opera Snapshot_2020-09-30_184319_www.scpwiki.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2020-09-30_183603_www.scpwiki.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2020-09-30_184259_www.scpwiki.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2020-09-30_183546_www.scpwiki.com.png

Uncanny Valley

I'm not sick, but I'm not well
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean some SCPs are downright original and creepy in a way, but there are several that are just some guys fetish

I wonder which ones this dude invented ?

The sex ones

There are some that just downright degenerate and it's clear the "scary" aspects are there just to make palatable to non-author people.

Witthel

Kiwifarm's friendliest coomer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Off-topic, but I've been reading some of the older articles, and it looks like staff removed every single picture from them that doesn't fit the site's CC license.

<insert joke about staff being more willing to purge the site of copyrighted pics instead of the sex pests among their ranks here>

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
Off-topic, but I've been reading some of the older articles, and it looks like staff removed every single picture from them that doesn't fit the site's CC license.

<insert joke about staff being more willing to purge the site of copyrighted pics instead of the sex pests among their ranks here>
I don’t even know why they decided to enter a position where they were liable for copyright claims, considering even Peanut‘s picture is only allowed due to Fair-Use Doctrine. Making money off of a community-driven franchise is just scummy, especially seeing as how the hierarchy are incompetent pedos.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Toolbox

Witthel

Kiwifarm's friendliest coomer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don’t even know why they decided to enter a position where they were liable for copyright claims, considering even Peanut‘s picture is only allowed due to Fair-Use Doctrine. Making money off of a community-driven franchise is just scummy, especially seeing as how the hierarchy are incompetent pedos.
To be fair, what most likely spurred this whole crusade in the first place was an artist threatening the site over having one of their pics used in an article. (And having the watermark in said pic removed didn't help.)

The article in question: http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-111 (The pic is gone btw.)

Ramen Timer

>SU Profile Picture
kiwifarms.net

I noticed that, too. The image for SCP-087 (Combustion Virus) was removed even though it was supposed to depict a combustion victim.

Seems the mods are hellbent on erasing any history the old entries had. Which is sad, because they really could focus more on the actual qualitiy of said entries instead of some image they found off of Google.

AoS

with gusto
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed that, too. The image for SCP-087 (Combustion Virus) was removed even though it was supposed to depict a combustion victim.

Seems the mods are hellbent on erasing any history the old entries had. Which is sad, because they really could focus more on the actual qualitiy of said entries instead of some image they found off of Google.
They changed the images of SCP-682 and SCP-106 as well. This is more about legal compliance than a program to erase their history. They would have kept the original images if they could have.

Most of these changes are well-thought-out best fits and I think they did as good of a job as they could have.

But for some reason, either ARD, djkuck, or Joreth changed the non-complaint image of a researcher on SCP-3000 to one of Aziz Ansari.

BD4C505E-FB55-4BD8-909B-2ACD84FF7348.jpeg

Doesn’t even remotely fit. Lazy or just trolling, not sure. Too stupid to be stupid.

Edit: it was djkuck:
E6949BC2-8DE6-4042-93CA-0BD775994A42.jpeg

No surprise there.

Edit: So I don’t double post. Just wanted to make a correction and confirm something while I’m at it.
ARD has stepped down indefinitely from the staff.

View attachment 1629445
Taylor_itkin is the new CO captain in his place and I guess they are down an admin.

http://05command.wikidot.com/forum/t-1750328/away-random-day
[archive]
ARD was a moderator, not an Admin. He has been removed as a mod from the staff page and didn’t talk about this detail in his goodbye post:
CAA26DC9-4D6E-4290-96D7-9F15936AC531.jpeg
Rate me :optimistic: but if there’s even a chance that the site12 logs showing ARD repeatedly post the word “nigga” has anything to do with this, I am going to believe it because I would goddamn love to. That’s a SCP no-no, maybe he was asked to step down. Either way, it is a victory. He is a villain.

[2018-06-18 14:32:16] <ARD> Tbh I’d rather have money than ethics
- #site19 logs

Last edited:

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
So I don't know if this fucking mess has been shared, but holy shit, this is almost hilariously bad. The containment shit alone is so over the top it strains credibility, and the whole article is just trying too hard to make a green space deer seem scary.
The idea is good, dealing with having to perform horrible things to convince a reality-warper that the ritual contains it, but it veers too much into grimderp in regards to the ritual itself, and the subject is too outlandish to take seriously.

Livecorpse

sweetdiculous
kiwifarms.net
The idea is good, dealing with having to perform horrible things to convince a reality-warper that the ritual contains it, but it veers too much into grimderp in regards to the ritual itself, and the subject is too outlandish to take seriously.

That fucking melodramatic letter and the story in the addendum completely ruin whatever value it had. Honestly, if you nixed those and the baby-eating, I would probably like it a lot more.

Anyway, as a break from the negativity, I actually like 2747. It's another overly meta article, but it's genuinely well executed once you understand it.

AoS

with gusto
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
WELCOME TO THE SCP NARCISSISM AWARDS

We know the deviant sexual side of the SCP community well but just as deep is its narcissism problem. The two have a lot to do with one another; the narcissism is how the villains of the community get the power that we've seen them abuse.

Lefties are well known to value meaningless internet stickers and social media numbers in a highly autistic and sometimes pathological way. There’s science behind this and that pedal is pushed all the way down to benefit those driving, at the expense of the mental health of the users. There is a general and repeated pattern for social media platforms with dopamine-agonist reward mechanisms like this. Look at what Reddit has become.

The unfolding is always graduated and subtle to those involved but obvious to observers, for the same reason that a painting becomes a blur when your nose is pressed to the canvas. Have you noticed the dead-on-balls diagnostic accuracy of the early posts in this thread here? This thread virtually predicted the culmination of SJWism on SCP with the logo fiasco despite some of those critics never actually interacting with the site. That’s not a coincidence.

So over the scale of 12 years, those participating in the SCP were less keen of its slow boiling. In the SJW take over, the site transformed from a site primarily about writing for the sake of a greater project to a site only incidentally about that. You happen to be adding to the site when you post your article, but that’s secondary; now it’s mostly about flexing and bragging. You are not learning how to write well, you are learning how to chase other ("important") people's tastes effectively. What’s there now is the dangled-out chance for e-fame and the cultivation of a cult following. This is how we get the sexual abusers.

We all know that social asspats for SJW types is a sort of addiction, not unlike a drug, and can mean more than their own integrity, the innocence of their children, their children's integrity, actual money, and just about anything you can think of. In some cases, like on Reddit, the drive for these asspats transforms grotesquely to function as a propaganda tool, used to shape a public opinion. At SCP it shapes what they consider good writing. By here we’re at that end-stage of what I guess I’ll call “millennialism”... whatever the narcissism inherent in the selfie-generation and the luxury of being duped into believing that your every thought shared to a platform matters is called. Doesn’t matter. There comes a point where millennialism informs a significant amount of all interactions in the communities. SCP is a great instance of this.

A good way to gauge the severity of the narcissism at SCP if you're not there to see it for your own eyes is the provided site19 chat logs. Site19 is the main chat and gets the most attention. There's a bot in the chat and you can type in ".au [username]". (No, ".au" doesn't stand for "autistic", but it might as well.) It brings up author statistics including how many articles they've written, their average upvote count (this is important we will come back to that), and their latest article's score.

So with “.au”, we can see who uses it the most frequently and also who uses them to look at their own stats the most often. This is like seeing how often a person stares at themself in the mirror. “Networking” they’d call it, but there's a very coarse line between that and public masturbation.

The following is a list of the 8 individuals who use ".au" the most out of the provided Site19 chat logs. There may be a few users with high counts who aren't included, but the idea is to give you an idea. The raw use tells us roughly how much social media asspats mean to the given user. Mirror time tells us what percentage the command is used to look up someone else and what percentage it's used to look up themselves. The data is from 4/2018 through 1/2019, so there is a recency bias, but take it from me; it's worse than it's ever been, so that is okay.

search "<USER> .au" ...
8. ARD - 62 times
7. Metaphysician - 73 times
6. CaptainKirby - 103 times
5. IHP - 103 times*
4. MaliceAF - 107 times
3. Mortos - 186 times
2. djkaktus - 357 times
1. rounderhouse - 558 times

Now let's break it down by self-reference vs referencing others:
8. rounderhouse - Looks at self 59% of the time (326/558 ). (Good on you, rounderhouse.)
7. CaptainKirby - Looks at self 61% of the time (63/103)
6. IHP - Looks at self 74% of the time (76/103)
5. MaliceAF - Looks at self 76% of the time (82/107)
4. ARD - Looks at self 85% of the time (53/62)
3. Mortos - Looks at self 93% of the time (174/186)
2. Metaphysician - Looks Looked at self 95% of the time (69/73)
1. Djkaktus - Looks at self 97% of the time (246/357).
So by the almighty average, the winner is...
66710B3F-7ADF-4387-9659-60BA9F7A4E2A.jpeg

DJKAKTUS!
Congrats being #1 on another list, you've earned it!​

Finally, here's a sample block of chat time from Site19. This is par. I took out timestamps cause of the character limit, but blocks are lines literally within seconds of one another and you can look it up if your autism bids you.
>ARD happens to be featured heavily here but keep in mind, while he's one of the more routine braggers, he's not the worst.

<ARD> folks go read a tale of mine that just hit 50: http://www.scp-wiki.net/autoerotic-assassination
<jarvis> ard: Autoerotic Assassination (written 9 months ago by A Random Day; rating: +51)
[archive]
<CaptainKirby> I mean, if we're plugging ya'll should also give !SCP-3449 a read, since its really new and shiny and has my face in it :P
<jarvis> captainkirby: SCP-3449: The Things Left Unsaid (written 4 days ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +77) -
<ARD> you should check out !SCP-2820
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2820: Vaishnavastra (written 2 years ago by A Random Day; rating: +179)

<ARD> Apoplexic: yeah I am really pleased that I invented the first kind of GoI format to break 200 - even if it was a joke format lol

<ARD> !SCP-150, a collab between me and decibelles, is just a few points from hitting +100
<jarvis> ard: SCP-150: Ship of Theseus (written 7 years ago by The Raven, rewritten 2 months ago by Decibelles and A Random Day; rating: +96)
<ARD> give it a look!

<ARD> Big news folks
<CaptainKirby> ARD: ?
<DoctorCambrian> Whats the news ARD?
<ARD> !scp-150 just broke 100
<jarvis> ard: SCP-150: Ship of Theseus (written 7 years ago by The Raven, rewritten 3 months ago by A Random Day and Decibelles; rating: +100)
>Nobody says anything about this after LMAO

<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 45 pages ( 44 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 21 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4313 net upvotes with an average of +95 . Their latest page is SCP-150: Ship of Theseus at +101 .
<ARD> Nice

<ARD> it's that time of year fellas
<ARD> where I promote an article of mine that's close to hitting 100
<ARD> !SCP-3850
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3850: I Can't Drown My Demons (written a year ago by A Random Day; rating: +94)
<ARD> reading 3850 won't consume more than four minutes of your time either
<CaptainKirby> But there's also a /much newer thing/ !SCP-3866
<ARD> it's part of the New Wave Short Form articles
<jarvis> captainkirby: SCP-3866: Youth In Asia by dado (written 21 minutes ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +0)
<ARD> one of the earliest in fact
<Tufto> oh, promoting articles that are near 100? :p.
<Tufto> scp-3941
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3941: The Major Occultation (written a year ago by Tufto; rating: +99)
<Tufto> just... one.... more :p.
<Tufto> scp-3699
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3699: Memoirs of a Shingle Beach (written 11 months ago by Tufto; rating: +94)
<Tufto> scp-3444
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3444: She Took The Midnight Train Going Anywhere… (written 10 months ago by Tufto; rating: +93)
<Tufto> those ones too :p.
<Mortos> lol
<MaliceAF> scp-1763-ex
<jarvis> maliceaf: SCP-1763-EX: How To Write An SCP (written 2 months ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +95)
<MaliceAF> close!

<ARD> Fellas
<ARD> !scp-2820 - an article about a death ray with a god complex - is only 10 upvotes from breaking 200
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2820: Vaishnavastra (written 2 years ago by A Random Day; rating: +190)
<ARD> Let’s make it happen

<ARD> ihp: have you read my new skip about the Walt Disney company hunting down unlicensed Disney cosplayers
<ARD> SCP-3640
<Secretary_Helen> ARD: SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse (Rating: +57. Written 21 hours ago by By: A Random Day)

<ARD> !SCP-2350 is about to hit 100 y’all
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2350: From the Mind of Malinalxochitl (written 8 months ago by A Random Day; rating: +100)
<ARD> Oh shit

<ARD> Let’s see if we can get it to 100 in less than a week

<djkaktus> The [total upvote] average means nothing if you're not around to flaunt it
>The total opposite of Dr. Gears.

<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 46 pages ( 45 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 22 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4598 net upvotes with an average of +99 . Their latest page is SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse at +131 .
<ARD> Fuck me two upvotes away from +100 average

<djkaktus> In the end you just keep tallying up those upvotes.
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 88 pages ( 86 Originals, 2 Rewrites) ( 61 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 17386 net upvotes with an average of +197 . Their latest page is SCP-3790: Department of Abnormalities at +67 .

<djkaktus> Call me scrooge mcduck because I'm diving into that vault of pussy and upvotes baybee
>Just above this line, djkaktus goes into detail how he convinced a girl to sleep with him because he was the site's top author.

Users are just as upset about the loss of upvotes during the SJW-tranny raid:
<kinch> .au
<jarvis> kinch: kinchtheknifeblade has 22 pages ( 22 Originals) ( 15 SCP Articles, 7 Tales). They have 2565 net upvotes with an average of +116 . Their latest page is SCP-3367: Prayers from Children, Eternally Answered at +57 .
<kinch> i wanna see my average
<kinch> nice
<kinch> still not too down

<djkaktus> Just use SCPPER to pull the last thirty downvotes and ban them all
<AbsentmindedNihilist> kinch you have my word i will do everything i can to make sure this article stays on the site
<djkaktus> then get wikidot to pull the downvotes.
<djkaktus> -arcing it doesnt do anything.
<salvagebar> It will not fall into deletion range -
<djkaktus> It just means it can't be downvoted.
<djkaktus> how about the goddamn score.
<kinch> its v important to me, i cant lie
<kinch> but i mean, making it undeletable would be a small victory, only if it got into range but
<djkaktus> so look up the downvoters
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus i'll talk to staff about it
<weryllium> Can you??
<djkaktus> weryllium: yeah you can.
<Sterbai> it won't get downvoted into deletion
<djkaktus> wikidot has done it before.

<kinch> i still dont like losing a chunk of votes in my AVERAGE
<Modern_Erasmus> kinch: don’t worry, no matter what happens it won’t be deleted and we’re already looking into the possibility of wikidot clearing the recent downvotes

<djkaktus> I mean that's fine. I don't care about some dude on the internet getting buttmad as long as they don't touch my upvotes.

<djkaktus> If that article tanks as a result, then that's fine. I have upvotes to spare.

<djkaktus> AbsentmindedNihilist: I get your point but honestly it's more than a little dogshit that every time this gets brought up the conversation gets shut down by faux sympathetics. "oh, there are plenty of good reasons to downvote it it's not just a brigade"
<djkaktus> Like, I get it. But in this case, like
<djkaktus> Idk.
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus look man, we can't guilt people into upvoting or reversing votes,
<djkaktus> If wikidot comes back and says "we can't do anything", is it just tough shit for her? For anyone?
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus we'll work on getting bans doled out if that proves to be an option we agree on.
<djkaktus> It won't be.
<djkaktus> kinch: how about you throw up some contributions to one of my articles and I'll add you as a co-author.
<djkaktus> Also coincidentally kinch helped me write SCP-1730 through emotional support so I'll just throw up the ole co-author tag and get this issue sorted out.
<kinch> thanks kaktus!
<djkaktus> I'm fact, kinch, feel free to have as many of my upvotes as you'd like.
<djkaktus> They're yours.
<djkaktus> In*
<djkaktus> kinch: how many votes are you down right now?
<kinch> 133
<djkaktus> Like 130, right?
<kinch> 134?
<djkaktus> Alright cool
<djkaktus> Go add some logs to http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1781 and then get back to me.
<jarvis> djkaktus: SCP-1781: Moonlight Theater Presents: Hugo Weaving (written 3 years ago by djkaktus; rating: +165)
<djkaktus> We'll shore this bad boy up.

<ihp> djkaktus might surpass me in article numbers soon
<ihp> I should do something about that

<ARD> DogTeeth, Mendelssohn - before doing anything else you should read !SCP-3220. It will literally take you a minute tops and it's received critical acclaim for its brevity, Series 1 atmosphere, and density
<ARD> It can be read in under a minute
<ARD> and yet everyone from decibelle to djkaktus has praised it
<ARD> weryllium: I’m not saying everyone from clef to djkaktus has upvoted it but that’s actually exactly what I’m saying

<WorkinKirby> ^^^ new Kirby skip!
<ARD> so which of you guys hasn't read SCP-3220? It's literally short enough to be read in a minute and has been upvoted by everyone from Clef to kaktus
<ARD> We're less than 20 upvotes from 100 let's make it happen

<ARD> DogTeeth: hey
<DogTeeth> hewwo ARD
<ARD> You didn’t read 3220 did you?
<DogTeeth> Ihave it open in a tab thot
<ARD> DogTeeth: you could have read it in the time it took you to reply to me
<shaggydredlocks> speaking of short things that can be read in a literal minute
<weryllium> short articles, you say
<shaggydredlocks> .s spc-173
<jarvis> shaggydredlocks: SPC-173: A Fiesta Shark Statue Brutally Enforcing Vacation Time (written 4 months ago by Shaggydredlocks; rating: +97)
<shaggydredlocks> (article is only twice as long as the title) /s
<CaptainKirby> .s SPC-1057
<jarvis> captainkirby: SPC-1057: Absence Of Punchable Shark (written 2 months ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +114)
<CaptainKirby> ^^^ also short
<ARD> DogTeeth: its a god tier article
<CaptainKirby> ARD: come back when it hits 200, and you can brag if its been less than a week :P
<ARD> CaptainKirby: look I don’t write meta articles that grab people’s attention on?
<ARD> Ok?
<ARD> I just write good articles

<DogTeeth> djkaktus now that youre here i can shove my new skip in your face like ive been doing with everyone else

<ARD> does anyone have any SCP articles with numbers that end in 0 which they are willing to delete for me
<ARD> so that I can have the slot

<ARD> Hey folks if you haven’t already give !scp-3220 a look! It’s about a mysterious prison for statues and has been praised by numerous authors

<Mortos> yall could read my new article too, its about time warps and stuff !scp-3455
<jarvis> mortos: SCP-3455: 411 Days A Year (written 19 hours ago by Mortos; rating: +31)

<ARD> ihp, weryllium read my new finished article
<ARD> !scp-3220
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 4 hours ago by A Random Day; rating: +42)
<ARD> Look at that upvote pace
<ARD> 42 in four hours

<ARD> InitHello: MobileMagnus read my new article that has received critical acclaim for its incredibly short length and vivid atmosphere <jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 13 hours ago by A Random Day; rating: +44)
<ARD> If not for the fact that it was bumped off the LC by three different Cold posts I am sure it would have broken 50 overnight

<ARD> MaliceAF: AbsentmindedNihilist read my new super short article that I wrote in three hours
<MaliceAF> ARD: read my short tale about time travellers beating up cultists
<MaliceAF> .s carpe daevite
<jarvis> maliceaf: Carpe Daevite (written 15 hours ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +10)
<Bleepandroid> Mobilemagnus Ard have you read my newest article that has received winning endorsements from established authors?
<jarvis> mortos: SCP-3455: 411 Days A Year (written 17 hours ago by Mortos; rating: +22)
<Mortos> now with less purge i guess
<Mortos> go read
<Mortos> d o a v o t e
<Mortos> 22 in 17 hours might as well be doa
<Mortos> hey CaptainKirby, new skip! !scp-3455
<jarvis> mortos: SCP-3455: 411 Days A Year (written 17 hours ago by Mortos; rating: +22)
<CaptainKirby> Mortos: :o
— CaptainKirby tabs
<MaliceAF> CaptainKirby! New tale!
<MaliceAF> http://www.scp-wiki.net/carpe-daevite
<jarvis> maliceaf: Carpe Daevite (written 15 hours ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +10) - http://www.scp-wiki.net/carpe-daevite
— CaptainKirby also tabs
<MaliceAF> <3
<ARD> The best part of writing short articles is how easy it is to get people to upvote
<CaptainKirby> .s clutches
<jarvis> captainkirby: In The Clutches Of Life (written a month ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +100)

<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 91 pages ( 88 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 64 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18223 net upvotes with an average of +200 . Their latest page is SCP-3625: The Great American Meme Machine at +35 .
<TheRaven> ...18k upvotes, god damn dude
<djkaktus> Eh I just picked up a bunch because of the 3333 rewrite
<djkaktus> It doesn't mean that much
<djkaktus> Though what it does mean
<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18275 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +46 .
<djkaktus> Is that we are in the home stretch.
>Here, djkuck is boasting about nearing Dr. Gear's upvote total; Gears was previously the highest rated author on the site. IMO the site officially died in June 2018, when the logo fiasco happened but also when Kaktus surpassed Gears. What a fucking sign of the times.
<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 47 pages ( 46 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 23 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4676 net upvotes with an average of +99 . Their latest page is SCP-3220: Panopticon II at +49 .
<CaptainKirby> ARD: R.I.P. the 100 average
<Mortos> .au
<jarvis> mortos: Mortos has 18 pages ( 18 Originals) ( 14 SCP Articles, 3 Tales, 1 GOI-Format Articles). They have 2632 net upvotes with an average of +146 . Their latest page is SCP-1798: Children of the void at +44 .
<Mortos> fucking average is going to tank off the back of my last couple of articles, heh

<ARD> GabrielJade: speaking of history read my incredibly short article that everyone likes because they think it's about SCP-173

<ARD> Fellas
<ARD> !scp-3220 has hit 69 in less than 24 hours
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written a day ago by A Random Day; rating: +69 )
<ARD> Nice

<ARD> Postmo: if you liked !scp-3220 please consider giving it an upvote!
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 2 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +79)

<ARD> Y’all should read 3220

<spookybee> ARD: make topic
<ARD> scp-3640
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse (written 21 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +142)
>Again, nobody talks about the article after this LOL

<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18294 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +49 .
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 92 pages ( 89 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 65 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18323 net upvotes with an average of +199 . Their latest page is SCP-2398: Home Run Bat at +49 .
<djkaktus> Sorry, I had to see it for myself

<djkaktus> ARD: it's over
<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<taylor_iOStkin> djkaktus: ?
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18299 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +49 .
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 92 pages ( 89 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 65 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18341 net upvotes with an average of +199 . Their latest page is SCP-2398: Home Run Bat at +53 .

<djkaktus> That's why the best option is to never upvote anything and horde the votes for yourself.
<djkaktus> There is no sportsmanship
<djkaktus> Only arbitrary rules and vote hoarding

<DHill> Tuomey please provide us with a topic
<ARD> Here’s your topic
<ARD> Read this article : !scp-3220
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 3 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +91)

<Baubius> Kinch: id think staff know that a majority of the down votes are malicious, so it wouldn't get affected by the deletion policy. unless I'm wrong?
<kinch> baubius thats true but like it doesnt help my average or anything

You get the idea. It goes on and on and on and on. These aren’t even the worst of it all, just what I grabbed before I threw up. This is just a day or two worth of sample. The iceberg beneath is enormous.

At times, the chat is a giant circlejerk of dick measuring with people shouting at you to look at their article and upvote. Being a greedy upvote whore is near integral to the site culture. No one sees this as problematic or excessive. It’s normalized as a sort of playful uWu, but it is deathly serious and these’s poor people’s lives. They have no mitigating rules for shilling like this, in fact those in charge are often the worst offenders. (Good on you RPC for making a dedicated channel for shilling to avoid this.) The authors are desperate and are unable to understand the value of their works or even themselves without triple digit upvote numbers. The site idolizes and mimics this behavior.

There are less neurotic portions of the site. The best authors who are also successful -- to me, TheGreatHippo and PeppersGhost or Tanhony for ex -- display a genuine sense of humility and thankfulness for their success, which in truth is given to them by the userbase. It takes a remarkably repellant person to gloat about the success they didn't make by themselves alone. But that is the dominant nature and character of the site, perpetuated by the most successful of them. No question who the site idolizes and why:
C42C6A65-D1AC-40EA-97CA-8B015F328DA0.jpeg

An autistic post to be sure, but if you think it was a slog to read those log excerpts, just imagine being in the fucking chat when these people are in it.

To quote 682 and 5000:
...disgusting.

Last edited:

Psyantroos

👁️👁️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lefties are well known to value meaningless internet stickers and social media numbers in a highly autistic and sometimes pathological way. There’s science behind this and that pedal is pushed all the way down to benefit those driving, at the expense of the mental health of the users.

(...)

We all know that social asspats for SJW types is a sort of addiction, not unlike a drug, and can mean more than their own integrity, the innocence of their children, their children's integrity, actual money, and just about anything you can think of.

Anyone in this culture who thinks these points aren't true is lying to themself, IMO as someone who had this outlook during this period. I'm sure you found quite a few .aus from me as well when you searched, as I remember the (stressful and disordered) thrill of thinking that upvote average was actually impactful in some way, and thinking that flaunting .aus to promote my shit was fine since so many of us did it. Another unhealthy part of wiki culture is the author rankings on SCPPer.

When it comes to the politics, I think modern leftist culture tends to place blame on society for individuals' problems. This seems to cause/exacerbate a sort of learned helplessness in people who consider themselves to be (or are told they are) at a societal disadvantage. A person whose Twitter feed says they'll never succeed in the workplace because they're not part of a majority demographic probably won't feel a drive to succeed in the workplace. Social media appears to reflect this issue, in that there are a large number of people who do a lot of posting about not being able to succeed while seemingly not making an effort to do so. Being miserable is a self-fulfilling prophecy if you let it be, and communities like this will streamline fulfilling it.

Ramen Timer

>SU Profile Picture
kiwifarms.net
WELCOME TO THE SCP NARCISSISM AWARDS

We know the deviant sexual side of the SCP community well but just as deep is its narcissism problem. The two have a lot to do with one another; the narcissism is how the villains of the community get the power that we've seen them abuse.

Lefties are well known to value meaningless internet stickers and social media numbers in a highly autistic and sometimes pathological way. There’s science behind this and that pedal is pushed all the way down to benefit those driving, at the expense of the mental health of the users. There is a general and repeated pattern for social media platforms with dopamine-agonist reward mechanisms like this. Look at what Reddit has become.

The unfolding is always graduated and subtle to those involved but obvious to observers, for the same reason that a painting becomes a blur when your nose is pressed to the canvas. Have you noticed the dead-on-balls diagnostic accuracy of the early posts in this thread here? This thread virtually predicted the culmination of SJWism on SCP with the logo fiasco despite some of those critics never actually interacting with the site. That’s not a coincidence.

So over the scale of 12 years, those participating in the SCP were less keen of its slow boiling. In the SJW take over, the site transformed from a site primarily about writing for the sake of a greater project to a site only incidentally about that. You happen to be adding to the site when you post your article, but that’s secondary; now it’s mostly about flexing and bragging. You are not learning how to write well, you are learning how to chase other ("important") people's tastes effectively. What’s there now is the dangled-out chance for e-fame and the cultivation of a cult following. This is how we get the sexual abusers.

We all know that social asspats for SJW types is a sort of addiction, not unlike a drug, and can mean more than their own integrity, the innocence of their children, their children's integrity, actual money, and just about anything you can think of. In some cases, like on Reddit, the drive for these asspats transforms grotesquely to function as a propaganda tool, used to shape a public opinion. At SCP it shapes what they consider good writing. By here we’re at that end-stage of what I guess I’ll call “millennialism”... whatever the narcissism inherent in the selfie-generation and the luxury of being duped into believing that your every thought shared to a platform matters is called. Doesn’t matter. There comes a point where millennialism informs a significant amount of all interactions in the communities. SCP is a great instance of this.

A good way to gauge the severity of the narcissism at SCP if you're not there to see it for your own eyes is the provided site19 chat logs. Site19 is the main chat and gets the most attention. There's a bot in the chat and you can type in ".au [username]". (No, ".au" doesn't stand for "autistic", but it might as well.) It brings up author statistics including how many articles they've written, their average upvote count (this is important we will come back to that), and their latest article's score.

So with “.au”, we can see who uses it the most frequently and also who uses them to look at their own stats the most often. This is like seeing how often a person stares at themself in the mirror. “Networking” they’d call it, but there's a very coarse line between that and public masturbation.

The following is a list of the 8 individuals who use ".au" the most out of the provided Site19 chat logs. There may be a few users with high counts who aren't included, but the idea is to give you an idea. The raw use tells us roughly how much social media asspats mean to the given user. Mirror time tells us what percentage the command is used to look up someone else and what percentage it's used to look up themselves. The data is from 4/2018 through 1/2019, so there is a recency bias, but take it from me; it's worse than it's ever been, so that is okay.

search "<USER> .au" ...
8. ARD - 62 times
7. Metaphysician - 73 times
6. CaptainKirby - 103 times
5. IHP - 103 times*
4. MaliceAF - 107 times
3. Mortos - 186 times
2. djkaktus - 357 times
1. rounderhouse - 558 times

Now let's break it down by self-reference vs referencing others:
8. rounderhouse - Looks at self 59% of the time (326/558 ). (Good on you, rounderhouse.)
7. CaptainKirby - Looks at self 61% of the time (63/103)
6. IHP - Looks at self 74% of the time (76/103)
5. MaliceAF - Looks at self 76% of the time (82/107)
4. ARD - Looks at self 85% of the time (53/62)
3. Mortos - Looks at self 93% of the time (174/186)
2. Metaphysician - Looks Looked at self 95% of the time (69/73)
1. Djkaktus - Looks at self 97% of the time (246/357).
So by the almighty average, the winner is...
View attachment 1639297

DJKAKTUS!
Congrats being #1 on another list, you've earned it!​

Finally, here's a sample block of chat time from Site19. This is par. I took out timestamps cause of the character limit, but blocks are lines literally within seconds of one another and you can look it up if your autism bids you.
>ARD happens to be featured heavily here but keep in mind, while he's one of the more routine braggers, he's not the worst.

<ARD> folks go read a tale of mine that just hit 50: http://www.scp-wiki.net/autoerotic-assassination
<jarvis> ard: Autoerotic Assassination (written 9 months ago by A Random Day; rating: +51)
[archive]
<CaptainKirby> I mean, if we're plugging ya'll should also give !SCP-3449 a read, since its really new and shiny and has my face in it :P
<jarvis> captainkirby: SCP-3449: The Things Left Unsaid (written 4 days ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +77) -
<ARD> you should check out !SCP-2820
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2820: Vaishnavastra (written 2 years ago by A Random Day; rating: +179)

<ARD> Apoplexic: yeah I am really pleased that I invented the first kind of GoI format to break 200 - even if it was a joke format lol

<ARD> !SCP-150, a collab between me and decibelles, is just a few points from hitting +100
<jarvis> ard: SCP-150: Ship of Theseus (written 7 years ago by The Raven, rewritten 2 months ago by Decibelles and A Random Day; rating: +96)
<ARD> give it a look!

<ARD> Big news folks
<CaptainKirby> ARD: ?
<DoctorCambrian> Whats the news ARD?
<ARD> !scp-150 just broke 100
<jarvis> ard: SCP-150: Ship of Theseus (written 7 years ago by The Raven, rewritten 3 months ago by A Random Day and Decibelles; rating: +100)
>Nobody says anything about this after LMAO

<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 45 pages ( 44 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 21 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4313 net upvotes with an average of +95 . Their latest page is SCP-150: Ship of Theseus at +101 .
<ARD> Nice

<ARD> it's that time of year fellas
<ARD> where I promote an article of mine that's close to hitting 100
<ARD> !SCP-3850
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3850: I Can't Drown My Demons (written a year ago by A Random Day; rating: +94)
<ARD> reading 3850 won't consume more than four minutes of your time either
<CaptainKirby> But there's also a /much newer thing/ !SCP-3866
<ARD> it's part of the New Wave Short Form articles
<jarvis> captainkirby: SCP-3866: Youth In Asia by dado (written 21 minutes ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +0)
<ARD> one of the earliest in fact
<Tufto> oh, promoting articles that are near 100? :p.
<Tufto> scp-3941
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3941: The Major Occultation (written a year ago by Tufto; rating: +99)
<Tufto> just... one.... more :p.
<Tufto> scp-3699
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3699: Memoirs of a Shingle Beach (written 11 months ago by Tufto; rating: +94)
<Tufto> scp-3444
<jarvis> tufto: SCP-3444: She Took The Midnight Train Going Anywhere… (written 10 months ago by Tufto; rating: +93)
<Tufto> those ones too :p.
<Mortos> lol
<MaliceAF> scp-1763-ex
<jarvis> maliceaf: SCP-1763-EX: How To Write An SCP (written 2 months ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +95)
<MaliceAF> close!

<ARD> Fellas
<ARD> !scp-2820 - an article about a death ray with a god complex - is only 10 upvotes from breaking 200
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2820: Vaishnavastra (written 2 years ago by A Random Day; rating: +190)
<ARD> Let’s make it happen

<ARD> ihp: have you read my new skip about the Walt Disney company hunting down unlicensed Disney cosplayers
<ARD> SCP-3640
<Secretary_Helen> ARD: SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse (Rating: +57. Written 21 hours ago by By: A Random Day)

<ARD> !SCP-2350 is about to hit 100 y’all
<jarvis> ard: SCP-2350: From the Mind of Malinalxochitl (written 8 months ago by A Random Day; rating: +100)
<ARD> Oh shit

<ARD> Let’s see if we can get it to 100 in less than a week

<djkaktus> The [total upvote] average means nothing if you're not around to flaunt it
>The total opposite of Dr. Gears.

<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 46 pages ( 45 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 22 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4598 net upvotes with an average of +99 . Their latest page is SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse at +131 .
<ARD> Fuck me two upvotes away from +100 average

<djkaktus> In the end you just keep tallying up those upvotes.
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 88 pages ( 86 Originals, 2 Rewrites) ( 61 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 17386 net upvotes with an average of +197 . Their latest page is SCP-3790: Department of Abnormalities at +67 .

<djkaktus> Call me scrooge mcduck because I'm diving into that vault of pussy and upvotes baybee
>Just above this line, djkaktus goes into detail how he convinced a girl to sleep with him because he was the site's top author.

Users are just as upset about the loss of upvotes during the SJW-tranny raid:
<kinch> .au
<jarvis> kinch: kinchtheknifeblade has 22 pages ( 22 Originals) ( 15 SCP Articles, 7 Tales). They have 2565 net upvotes with an average of +116 . Their latest page is SCP-3367: Prayers from Children, Eternally Answered at +57 .
<kinch> i wanna see my average
<kinch> nice
<kinch> still not too down

<djkaktus> Just use SCPPER to pull the last thirty downvotes and ban them all
<AbsentmindedNihilist> kinch you have my word i will do everything i can to make sure this article stays on the site
<djkaktus> then get wikidot to pull the downvotes.
<djkaktus> -arcing it doesnt do anything.
<salvagebar> It will not fall into deletion range -
<djkaktus> It just means it can't be downvoted.
<djkaktus> how about the goddamn score.
<kinch> its v important to me, i cant lie
<kinch> but i mean, making it undeletable would be a small victory, only if it got into range but
<djkaktus> so look up the downvoters
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus i'll talk to staff about it
<weryllium> Can you??
<djkaktus> weryllium: yeah you can.
<Sterbai> it won't get downvoted into deletion
<djkaktus> wikidot has done it before.

<kinch> i still dont like losing a chunk of votes in my AVERAGE
<Modern_Erasmus> kinch: don’t worry, no matter what happens it won’t be deleted and we’re already looking into the possibility of wikidot clearing the recent downvotes

<djkaktus> I mean that's fine. I don't care about some dude on the internet getting buttmad as long as they don't touch my upvotes.

<djkaktus> If that article tanks as a result, then that's fine. I have upvotes to spare.

<djkaktus> AbsentmindedNihilist: I get your point but honestly it's more than a little dogshit that every time this gets brought up the conversation gets shut down by faux sympathetics. "oh, there are plenty of good reasons to downvote it it's not just a brigade"
<djkaktus> Like, I get it. But in this case, like
<djkaktus> Idk.
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus look man, we can't guilt people into upvoting or reversing votes,
<djkaktus> If wikidot comes back and says "we can't do anything", is it just tough shit for her? For anyone?
<AbsentmindedNihilist> djkaktus we'll work on getting bans doled out if that proves to be an option we agree on.
<djkaktus> It won't be.
<djkaktus> kinch: how about you throw up some contributions to one of my articles and I'll add you as a co-author.
<djkaktus> Also coincidentally kinch helped me write SCP-1730 through emotional support so I'll just throw up the ole co-author tag and get this issue sorted out.
<kinch> thanks kaktus!
<djkaktus> I'm fact, kinch, feel free to have as many of my upvotes as you'd like.
<djkaktus> They're yours.
<djkaktus> In*
<djkaktus> kinch: how many votes are you down right now?
<kinch> 133
<djkaktus> Like 130, right?
<kinch> 134?
<djkaktus> Alright cool
<djkaktus> Go add some logs to http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1781 and then get back to me.
<jarvis> djkaktus: SCP-1781: Moonlight Theater Presents: Hugo Weaving (written 3 years ago by djkaktus; rating: +165)
<djkaktus> We'll shore this bad boy up.

<ihp> djkaktus might surpass me in article numbers soon
<ihp> I should do something about that

<ARD> DogTeeth, Mendelssohn - before doing anything else you should read !SCP-3220. It will literally take you a minute tops and it's received critical acclaim for its brevity, Series 1 atmosphere, and density
<ARD> It can be read in under a minute
<ARD> and yet everyone from decibelle to djkaktus has praised it
<ARD> weryllium: I’m not saying everyone from clef to djkaktus has upvoted it but that’s actually exactly what I’m saying

<WorkinKirby> ^^^ new Kirby skip!
<ARD> so which of you guys hasn't read SCP-3220? It's literally short enough to be read in a minute and has been upvoted by everyone from Clef to kaktus
<ARD> We're less than 20 upvotes from 100 let's make it happen

<ARD> DogTeeth: hey
<DogTeeth> hewwo ARD
<ARD> You didn’t read 3220 did you?
<DogTeeth> Ihave it open in a tab thot
<ARD> DogTeeth: you could have read it in the time it took you to reply to me
<shaggydredlocks> speaking of short things that can be read in a literal minute
<weryllium> short articles, you say
<shaggydredlocks> .s spc-173
<jarvis> shaggydredlocks: SPC-173: A Fiesta Shark Statue Brutally Enforcing Vacation Time (written 4 months ago by Shaggydredlocks; rating: +97)
<shaggydredlocks> (article is only twice as long as the title) /s
<CaptainKirby> .s SPC-1057
<jarvis> captainkirby: SPC-1057: Absence Of Punchable Shark (written 2 months ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +114)
<CaptainKirby> ^^^ also short
<ARD> DogTeeth: its a god tier article
<CaptainKirby> ARD: come back when it hits 200, and you can brag if its been less than a week :P
<ARD> CaptainKirby: look I don’t write meta articles that grab people’s attention on?
<ARD> Ok?
<ARD> I just write good articles

<DogTeeth> djkaktus now that youre here i can shove my new skip in your face like ive been doing with everyone else

<ARD> does anyone have any SCP articles with numbers that end in 0 which they are willing to delete for me
<ARD> so that I can have the slot

<ARD> Hey folks if you haven’t already give !scp-3220 a look! It’s about a mysterious prison for statues and has been praised by numerous authors

<Mortos> yall could read my new article too, its about time warps and stuff !scp-3455
<jarvis> mortos: SCP-3455: 411 Days A Year (written 19 hours ago by Mortos; rating: +31)

<ARD> ihp, weryllium read my new finished article
<ARD> !scp-3220
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 4 hours ago by A Random Day; rating: +42)
<ARD> Look at that upvote pace
<ARD> 42 in four hours

<ARD> InitHello: MobileMagnus read my new article that has received critical acclaim for its incredibly short length and vivid atmosphere <jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 13 hours ago by A Random Day; rating: +44)
<ARD> If not for the fact that it was bumped off the LC by three different Cold posts I am sure it would have broken 50 overnight

<ARD> MaliceAF: AbsentmindedNihilist read my new super short article that I wrote in three hours
<MaliceAF> ARD: read my short tale about time travellers beating up cultists
<MaliceAF> .s carpe daevite
<jarvis> maliceaf: Carpe Daevite (written 15 hours ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +10)
<Bleepandroid> Mobilemagnus Ard have you read my newest article that has received winning endorsements from established authors?
<Mortos> now with less purge i guess
<Mortos> go read
<Mortos> d o a v o t e
<Mortos> 22 in 17 hours might as well be doa
<Mortos> hey CaptainKirby, new skip! !scp-3455
<CaptainKirby> Mortos: :o
— CaptainKirby tabs
<MaliceAF> CaptainKirby! New tale!
<MaliceAF> http://www.scp-wiki.net/carpe-daevite
<jarvis> maliceaf: Carpe Daevite (written 15 hours ago by MaliceAforethought; rating: +10) - http://www.scp-wiki.net/carpe-daevite
— CaptainKirby also tabs
<MaliceAF> <3
<ARD> The best part of writing short articles is how easy it is to get people to upvote
<CaptainKirby> .s clutches
<jarvis> captainkirby: In The Clutches Of Life (written a month ago by Captain Kirby; rating: +100)

<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 91 pages ( 88 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 64 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18223 net upvotes with an average of +200 . Their latest page is SCP-3625: The Great American Meme Machine at +35 .
<TheRaven> ...18k upvotes, god damn dude
<djkaktus> Eh I just picked up a bunch because of the 3333 rewrite
<djkaktus> It doesn't mean that much
<djkaktus> Though what it does mean
<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18275 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +46 .
<djkaktus> Is that we are in the home stretch.
>Here, djkuck is boasting about nearing Dr. Gear's upvote total; Gears was previously the highest rated author on the site. IMO the site officially died in June 2018, when the logo fiasco happened but also when Kaktus surpassed Gears. What a fucking sign of the times.
<ARD> .au a random day
<jarvis> ard: A Random Day has 47 pages ( 46 Originals, 1 Rewrites) ( 23 SCP Articles, 22 Tales, 2 GOI-Format Articles). They have 4676 net upvotes with an average of +99 . Their latest page is SCP-3220: Panopticon II at +49 .
<CaptainKirby> ARD: R.I.P. the 100 average
<Mortos> .au
<jarvis> mortos: Mortos has 18 pages ( 18 Originals) ( 14 SCP Articles, 3 Tales, 1 GOI-Format Articles). They have 2632 net upvotes with an average of +146 . Their latest page is SCP-1798: Children of the void at +44 .
<Mortos> fucking average is going to tank off the back of my last couple of articles, heh

<ARD> GabrielJade: speaking of history read my incredibly short article that everyone likes because they think it's about SCP-173

<ARD> Fellas
<ARD> !scp-3220 has hit 69 in less than 24 hours
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written a day ago by A Random Day; rating: +69 )
<ARD> Nice

<ARD> Postmo: if you liked !scp-3220 please consider giving it an upvote!
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 2 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +79)

<ARD> Y’all should read 3220

<spookybee> ARD: make topic
<ARD> scp-3640
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3640: Escape from the House of Mouse (written 21 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +142)
>Again, nobody talks about the article after this LOL

<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18294 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +49 .
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 92 pages ( 89 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 65 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18323 net upvotes with an average of +199 . Their latest page is SCP-2398: Home Run Bat at +49 .
<djkaktus> Sorry, I had to see it for myself

<djkaktus> ARD: it's over
<djkaktus> .au Dr gears
<taylor_iOStkin> djkaktus: ?
<jarvis> djkaktus: Dr Gears has 105 pages ( 105 Originals) ( 40 SCP Articles, 65 Tales). They have 18299 net upvotes with an average of +174 . Their latest page is Shy at +49 .
<djkaktus> .au
<jarvis> djkaktus: djkaktus has 92 pages ( 89 Originals, 3 Rewrites) ( 65 SCP Articles, 24 Tales, 3 GOI-Format Articles). They have 18341 net upvotes with an average of +199 . Their latest page is SCP-2398: Home Run Bat at +53 .

<djkaktus> That's why the best option is to never upvote anything and horde the votes for yourself.
<djkaktus> There is no sportsmanship
<djkaktus> Only arbitrary rules and vote hoarding

<DHill> Tuomey please provide us with a topic
<ARD> Here’s your topic
<ARD> Read this article : !scp-3220
<jarvis> ard: SCP-3220: Panopticon II (written 3 days ago by A Random Day; rating: +91)

<Baubius> Kinch: id think staff know that a majority of the down votes are malicious, so it wouldn't get affected by the deletion policy. unless I'm wrong?
<kinch> baubius thats true but like it doesnt help my average or anything

You get the idea. It goes on and on and on and on. These aren’t even the worst of it all, just what I grabbed before I threw up. This is just a day or two worth of sample. The iceberg beneath is enormous.

At times, the chat is a giant circlejerk of dick measuring with people shouting at you to look at their article and upvote. Being a whore is integral to the site culture. No one sees this as problematic or excessive. It’s normalized as a sort of playful uWu, but it is deathly serious and these’s poor people’s lives. They have no mitigating rules for shilling like this, in fact those in charge are often the worst offenders. (Good on you RPC for making a dedicated channel for shilling to avoid this.) The authors are desperate and are unable to understand the value of their works or even themselves without triple digit upvote numbers. The site idolizes and mimics this behavior.

There are less neurotic portions of the site. The best authors who are also successful -- to me, TheGreatHippo and PeppersGhost or Tanhony for ex -- display a genuine sense of humility and thankfulness for their success, which in truth is given to them by the userbase. It takes a remarkably repellant person to gloat about the success they didn't make by themselves alone. But that is the dominant nature and character of the site, perpetuated by the most successful of them. No question who the site idolizes and why:
View attachment 1639395

An autistic post to be sure, but if you think it was a slog to read those log excerpts, just imagine being in the fucking chat when these people are in it.

To quote 682 and 5000:
I have a feeling all this narcissim stems from trying to one-up eachother in hopes Youtubers will cover it and make it the next popular SCP amongst the originals.

The problem is, this results in people essentially racing to create the next SCP-173 or the next 682. It's not about just being creative, it's about being the next trendy SCP.

AoS

with gusto
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another unhealthy part of wiki culture is the author rankings on SCPPer.
SCPPer is an amazing achievement and so useful that it’s really taken for granted. But it’s reduced to this sort of competitive microdick measuring. What a disgrace. Author data pages will show you too that the person who upvotes a given author most is that same author... upvoting all their own works 😑

Now SCPPer is just the equivalent of a EKG monitor in a hospital room that the obsessive patient watches their own heart tracing on, their constant focus worsening it and cycling more neurosis the more they look.

When it comes to the politics, I think modern leftist culture tends to place blame on society for individuals' problems.
bingo

Edit: Site opinion has come a long way.

Last edited:

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
Oh jeez, that's a hard 40. He's like a dollar store knock-off version of Dan Harmon.

I stopped reading SCP after the great schism shitshow of... 2017? I distinctly remember 231 as a child.
Would be a good bit of writing, but after seeing that face of his... yeah. Retconning it only makes the whole thing more suspicious.

Psyantroos

👁️👁️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to clarify where all these new posts came from, I had a draft thread about Bright that was moved here after some discussion with a mod this weekend.

Edit: There's misinformation going around about the NSFW IRC channel that Bright and others used:

kinch_again.jpg

I did not create nor own #Site12. I joined #Site12 when I was 18 and then more and more staff and admins started showing up over the months.

I imagine the authority figures and middle-aged men frequenting 12 were quite relieved that the owner of their "unofficial" 'sex sidechannel' was a non-staff user (who also was 18 when she made the channel). "Oh yeah, that pesky ol' NSFW sidechannel! Nothing we can do about that thing... ...except lurk in there constantly and sext these users who are half our age lol"

I don't think any of us who were younger while this went on, including the former owner, want to downplay the part we still had in furthering that unsafe culture now that we've grasped what was happening. That's part of why I posted stuff like these logs and DMs in this thread, for instance.

Last edited: