It didn't come into vogue until 2016, so there is that.When I went back to the Patreon leaks data earlier this year, I actually didn't find any evidence of circular donating anywhere, apart from a handful of very obvious and unsubtle Brazilians. If they're doing it, they're keeping it very well hidden and using socks. Or maybe the tactic just hadn't become popular yet.
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to work with our design team to conceptualize and build Dungeons & Dragons products. In this role, you’ll help craft the future of D&D by designing and writing meaningful portions of future products, mentoring junior designers, and assisting in commissioning and managing freelance writers. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, can design and write innovative and high-quality RPG material, and hit deadlines, this role is for you. We’re looking for passion and integrity in equal measure.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Design substantial portions of D&D products and help generate new product concepts
- Provide mentorship and feedback to less experienced designers
- Collaborate with producers, project leads, and graphic designers to build project schedules
- Work with art directors to write art orders for D&D products
- Collaborate with editors, graphic designers, and producers to guide products through the entire production process
- Break down large design projects and assign tasks for junior designers
- Manage the work of freelance designers to ensure consistency and quality
- Incorporate playtest feedback into every product
- Represent Wizards of the Coast and D&D at events and in interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years designing RPG products with significant credits on products from known publishers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons and proficiency in the fifth edition rules
- A track record of developing innovative and balanced game mechanics
- Strong long-form writing skills that require no more than a light editing touch
- Detailed understanding of the production process and how books are assembled and published
- Experience collaborating with and guiding both in-house and external designers
- Promotional/marketing experience a plus
- An eye for detail and dedication to excellence
If there's one phrase that always comes to mind when thinking about Jake Alley, it's "an eye for detail and dedication to excellence".Wonder if this is the job he thinks he's qualified for: https://company.wizards.com/content/jobs?gh_jid=4847440002
If he's posting gnome wailing instead of applying the job has already been snapped up. No job would appeal to this worthless gnome unless it almost promised him what thousands of jobless goblins like him would gravitate toward like chum.I've been laid off a couple of times in my life, like a lot of people. When it happened, I applied for a big bunch of jobs, then looked for brand-new listings of new jobs every day so that I didn't lose track of anything that was posted, and applied right away to anything I thought I might be half-qualified for.
It would be hilarious if this guy who has literally never had a significant job of any kind thinks he's qualified for that.Wonder if this is the job he thinks he's qualified for: https://company.wizards.com/content/jobs?gh_jid=4847440002
I truly do not understand WHY he can not just sign up for another gmail. Like wtf, I am MOTI about this offensive retardedness.This is the worst self-promotion I have ever seen. Maybe whining about your woes works on Twitter, but potential employers do not give a shit about your DDoS. What I get from this is that Jake is a lazy, lazy man who will make endless excuses and constantly flake out if I employ him.
He's now on Twitter AND Twitch!Have a deep operational understanding of top social platforms such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube.
Experience collaborating with multiple cross-discipline subject areas across an organization.
Aha, you've fallen into Jake's cunning trap. For he is a secret gamer grrl, not girl! Being stuck in the 90s mentally is his saviour once again!
Remember, Jake would be immediately fired for his insane behavior within months of getting a job. He knows he can't take this job because he would be fired from it nearly immediately. Then he'd be homeless in wherever. Whatever scumfuck shithole no actual humans live in.Oh. Looks like a Senior Game Designer at WotC could pretty easily afford, on their own, a 2 bedroom apartment in Renton in walking distance to work.
It's psychology like this that keeps me coming back. "Should I apply.... [endless wailing about what-ifs]"SPOILER: He doesn’t apply for the job and spends the rest of his life wailing on Twitter.
Keep in mind that his reference point for west coast living is Becky Gerber who e-begged when their household had three incomes.Gee if only there were a way to determine what on earth the salary at such a job, which Jake is sure can't be lived on, would be.
View attachment 1599243
Yeah what a pauper's wage. Surely not even a bachelor could make it work on such a meager allowance in Renton! Why, one's rent should total no more than 25% of one's salary!
View attachment 1599246
Oh. Looks like a Senior Game Designer at WotC could pretty easily afford, on their own, a 2 bedroom apartment in Renton in walking distance to work.
Jake is utterly convinced no one in the industry makes any money, certainly not a "livable wage," even while he's ekeing out an existence in Connecticut on a burger-slinger's wage. He puts more barriers up in front of himself than any other person has ever put in front of him ... and yet he never considers for an instant that the qualifications are what would put this job out of reach. He's sure he's the most qualified person in the history of applications, and that the big reason to worry about applying is that they'd throw his application out of the pile out of extreme misogyny or wouldn't pay him enough for it to be worth his time to leave New London.