seeing my mom for the first time in twelve years - mamalynn wants those sweet sweet savings - 06/09/20

ADHD

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
Her mom did post a photo of herself at the airport this morning
For posterity:
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 15.32.29.png

Arcadia

Incel CEO
True & Honest Fan
I'm interested to see how this will play out since she hasn't seen her mother in twelve years and I'm going to assume hasn't spoken to her very much inbetween that time.

I feel like there will be some tension given that Amber has never really forgiven her mother for being a drug addict during her youth. I know she tries to pretend otherwise but I'm sure there is a degree of resentment there on her side. That being said I could see her mother moving in permanently out of guilt (if she really has changed) and becoming one of her biggest enablers.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
I don't feel sorry for any of these fuckers involved in this (except the medical and medical office people who are going to have to deal with Big Al - if there is a hell, that's going to be it). Her mom wanted drugs over kids but didn't stop having kids. Big Al is a narcissistic pathological lying POS. The gays in the house are almost entirely useless, save Ricky, and he is a racist POS who thinks he wants to be a sassy black woman. D&D are layabout leeches, sucking on the teat of Big Al, the cash cow. Becky's family is holler trash, and that's saying something. If ever there was a time for real, unscripted reality TV, this is it.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
True & Honest Fan
This reunion has disaster written all over it; for both of them. "we always had that bond" - must have been a lot of telepathic communication then because for whatever reasons, (some might even be good ones!), they haven't see each other in 12 years. It's a very human thing to have expectations of the person you're about to reunite with but because Amber is so childish & child-like, she may have insanely over the top expectations. Sobriety can easily be broken - addicts of any sort can confirm that & if Amber's mom starts being gaslighted and/or manipulated - it could trigger a relapse. I don't think she's planning heart to heart conversational all-nighters with Amber. In fact, the whole messed up sleep schedule might turn into an issue.

So she's here for Amber's first appointment at the 'cancer center' - the gynecologist who did her D&C may do a lot of oncology work & just happened to be on call for matters gyne when Amber went in; pure speculation on my part. Amber has said her Mom will "help" her at her first appointment... how? By carefully writing down what the doc says? By asking the questions Amber should but won't? She's only there a week & cancer is a very long fight for most.

No, she hasn't mentioned the words "diet" or "lose weight" since her video about having cancer. She hasn't mentioned learning anything about endometrial cancer by visiting a REPUTABLE medical sight or even a sire full of medical woo.

What is Amber looking for in her mother? Warm arms to embrace her, a strong hand to wipe her eyes when she starts wailing? Is she looking for a quickie course in Adulting? Amber takes advice from N-O-B-O-D-Y at the best of timed; I can't see her cheerfully oveying Mommie's instructions about anything.

If nothing else, we can at least surmise that her appointment is later this week, if Mom is staying just short of a week.

This promises to be one hell of an arc.

This reunion has disaster written all over it; for both of them. "we always had that bond" - must have been a lot of telepathic communication then because for whatever reasons, (some might even be good ones!), they haven't see each other in 12 years.

Didn't people give Amber a hard time about not writing to her mom in prison when she had cancer? not that she had to because her mom choose drugs over her but now she is saying they have this bond.

So she's here for Amber's first appointment at the 'cancer center' - the gynecologist who did her D&C may do a lot of oncology work & just happened to be on call for matters gyne when Amber went in; pure speculation on my part. Amber has said her Mom will "help" her at her first appointment... how? By carefully writing down what the doc says? By asking the questions Amber should but won't? She's only there a week & cancer is a very long fight for most.

No, she hasn't mentioned the words "diet" or "lose weight" since her video about having cancer. She hasn't mentioned learning anything about endometrial cancer by visiting a REPUTABLE medical sight or even a sire full of medical woo.

This promises to be one hell of an arc.
I think her mother could be useful here. Amber probably won’t understand anything and at least her mother went through cancer treatments, so she might have some insight. Becky is absolutely useless here. I bet that she will spend the week with her family. The oncologist will absolutely mention her weight and probably will ask her to have bariatric surgery so he can perform surgery at a later date. This is not going to go well. The conflict between Amber and her mother will be epic.

Arcadia

Incel CEO
True & Honest Fan
Imagine being excited to see your drug addict parent that neglected, abused and gave you away over drugs, who you haven't seen since you were a teenager and have near to no relationship.

Amberlynn's life must be so lonely to need someone like that back in her life.
Yeah it's sad but she really doesn't have anyone. She doesn't really have unconditional love from family or even from her partner. The people she's dated have only stuck around because she paid their way (in Destiny's case she's still doing that for her and Dana).

I think if Amber were less manipulative and self pitying I could genuinely feel bad for her having no one and having to buy any and all love she has in her life. Unfortunately it's something she's brought on herself by not contributing meaningfully to her relationships and looking for the easy way to hold onto people.