Sega - It's more than just Sonic Autism

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ps. @Marissa Moira how do I sign up for these surveys. I have enough autism to be eligible, I'd wager.
If you buy a sega game you usually get a notification on the system's home screen.

However their survey site is this:

but there's no current survey up.

Their twitter will also announce it

WeWuzFinns

Fruity tasting chicken
kiwifarms.net
The biggest problem with Sega is that none of their IPs are truly amazing. Sonic, Total War and Yakuza are OK franchises but the games are just OK and not excellent. Sega strategy seems to be to maintain high quantity while keeping passable quality. To become truly great they need to start striking gold more often.

Maamtis

It's MA'AM... tis.
kiwifarms.net
If you buy a sega game you usually get a notification on the system's home screen.

However their survey site is this:

but there's no current survey up.

Their twitter will also announce it

I wonder if they'll accept me writing MAKE MORE SHINING FORCE, FAGGOTS!

Picked up Mario and Sonic cause I have a soft spot for Olympic games grew up playing them with my dad and my brother. During story mode I was given bios on all the Sonic characters which is great cause I had no idea who the fuck anyone was outside of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they'll accept me writing MAKE MORE SHINING FORCE, FAGGOTS!

Picked up Mario and Sonic cause I have a soft spot for Olympic games grew up playing them with my dad and my brother. During story mode I was given bios on all the Sonic characters which is great cause I had no idea who the fuck anyone was outside of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman.
They released a Shining Force game last year to gauge interest

AbyssStarer

Birb lovr
kiwifarms.net
They published Imageepoch's last games, Stella Glow and 7th Dragon 3 code: VFD. I hope they make another 7th Dragon sometime, it seems some of Imageepoch's people went over to SEGA, but I have no idea.

I love Sonic games but I hope the Japanese Sonic Team just fucking stops. Get the Sonic Mania team back to make more games without all the rehashed levels and let players use skins for similar characters like Sonic and Shadow or Tails and Cream. I'd be happy with just that.

Sakura Wars seems alright, I'd be inclined to try it.

My buddy likes the Yakuza games, but there's so many and they come out every year, it's hard to keep up unless you're really invested. At least they go down in price fast.

I don't care what Atlus does but if SEGA ever feels like it maybe they could mosey over and tell Fatshit to stop making waifu games.
Has any NEW smt game even released under sega

The buyout was quite some time ago, if Apocalypse counts for you then just that. If the game has their newer logo then it's post buyout.
I coulda swore we were getting that one SMT for switch
they made some vague trailer when the switch was brand new so who fukken knows. Last time Fatshit made a trailer and didn't do anything for 2+ years the game came back as Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

"to gauge interest" = when a low effort game's released with implied pressure for you to buy it anyway just to show interest in the franchise, despite that being consoomer as fuck and the only message you're sending is that you'll buy any ol' piece of shit with the Shining Force name attached to it, even if it's clearly not the same Shining Force that brought you into the series

That doesn't look like the tactical Fire Emblem knockoff Shining Force used to be, it looks like something you'd see out of Idea Factory.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"to gauge interest" = when a low effort game's released with implied pressure for you to buy it anyway just to show interest in the franchise, despite that being consoomer as fuck and the only message you're sending is that you'll buy any ol' piece of shit with the Shining Force name attached to it, even if it's clearly not the same Shining Force that brought you into the series

That doesn't look like the tactical Fire Emblem knockoff Shining Force used to be, it looks like something you'd see out of Idea Factory.
It was a fairly generic and unremarkable RPG, less idea factory and more RPG Maker.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net

If they want to make another Shining game, they should contract Camelot from Nintendo to make a game from the original team who made it special than typical anime waifu game.

I think Sega should make Dreamcast style games and sell them for a modest price to gobble that market between Budget/Indie and AAA produced games.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
I just want a new Streets of Rage (4 looks promising but ill wait and see) and an actual Shining Force (not a shitty low effort RPG that no one cares about) and I will die happy.

Oh and Phantasy Star V would be nice.

Basically what im saying is the guy who mentioned Sega don't have any worthwhile IPs is a fucking mongoloid with a single digit IQ. That or a fucking zoomer who thinks the PS3 is retro.

No Ma'ams Land

Read Sutter Cane
kiwifarms.net
I just want Alien Isolation 2.

That technically came out. It's called Alien: Blackout, and is an App Store level purchase. It plays similar to 5NAF. It was pretty lackluster, which is why it currently sells for ~$1.

If I remember right, the budget for the original Isolation was almost Shenmue levels, because the AI had to be built by Creative Assembly from the ground up. Something like $60 mil went into the game, and I think even after the swath of positive reviews it may have broken even after initial purchases in 2014-2015.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That technically came out. It's called Alien: Blackout, and is an App Store level purchase. It plays similar to 5NAF. It was pretty lackluster, which is why it currently sells for ~$1.

Fuck. Right. Off.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yakuza is such a mixed bag, I love the stories, the side games, exploring the environments, but I actually kind of hate the combat, there's just too much of it and it gets tedious and repetitive fast.

You really don't need the random street battles.

I finally played Yakuza 0 earlier this year and while I loved the aforementioned things, I was so miserably sick of the combat by the end of the game, it was an utter chore, if I hadn't cared about the story I never would have finished it.

Oh Sega. One of the only game publishers who would openly blacklist a reviewer for trashing a shitty game they made. Which is understandable when you pumped out as much shit as Sega used to.

Anyway they should make sequels to condemned, binary domain and alpha protocol. I know they can't do two of those, but they should.

I'm really surprised Condemned hasn't been rebooted considering the popularity of first person horror games in recent years, like totally shocked they haven't brought that back, it's crazy how ahead of it's time the original Condemned is for a game from 2005.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
The biggest problem with Sega is that none of their IPs are truly amazing. Sonic, Total War and Yakuza are OK franchises but the games are just OK and not excellent. Sega strategy seems to be to maintain high quantity while keeping passable quality. To become truly great they need to start striking gold more often.
I can't speak to yakuza, but sonic and total war definitely had some amazing entries, at least based on the reaction at release. Total war shogun and Rome were blockbusters and sonic 2 and 3 are, well, partially responsible for this site for one.

I honestly had no idea it was a shining force game and assumed it was made by someone like kemco making their way into ideafactory territory.
Edit:
I'm really surprised Condemned hasn't been rebooted considering the popularity of first person horror games in recent years, like totally shocked they haven't brought that back, it's crazy how ahead of it's time the original Condemned is for a game from 2005.
Agreed, both games still hold up surprisingly well too, if you can put up with that noughties edge.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
15 years after it first hit arcades, I think Out Run 2 holds up great, especially visually.

I know the car models don't compare to modern racing games if you look at them close up but OutRun 2 is meant to be played in zoomed-out view, where the cars have easily enough polygons to do the job.

It's a shame Sega can't re-release OutRun 2 on current gen consoles because they no longer have the Ferrari license. I'm holding out hope that one of the console manufacturers will pay for Ferrari (or maybe Lamborghini or Porsche if Ferrari is not available) so that Sega can make OutRun 3 perhaps in exchange for console exclusivity.

I also agree with Sega Lord X on Youtube that it's a travesty that there's never been a proper home port of OutRunners, which didn't even have any licensed cars to prevent it being released in arcade-perfect form.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
On the topice of Shining series, I like the Diablo like game Shining Force Neo and EXA

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
A new Shining Force game would be great, but I’d settle for a proper release of Shining Force 3.