September 10th, 2017 - Perfume Collection -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).
This post is a good example of how a decent post can turn into an embarrassing powerlevel. Don't share personal stories about your life like this.
It's not her arms she should be worrying about losing, though. It's her feet and legs that will go after they develop ulcers due to poor circulation, nerve damage, and delayed healing. I wonder if she ever thinks about these grim realities that are almost guaranteed to be in her future if she makes it another five to ten years. It's a ticking time bomb, I actually feel sorry for her.
There's no way that she thinks about it or she thinks that it won't happen to her. Sadly I have an aunt that is probably AL weight if not more and her feet are already showing signs of bad circulation and changing colors and everything and is at a high risk of losing her feet because of it. She's had this for years and it's gotten worse. That alone is not enough for her to change her ways. She continues to eat and not take care of herself and eat things that as a diabetic you shouldn't even think about eating.

Sometimes when you're that large it's hard to see ANY light at the end of the tunnel and you think you're already too far gone and there's no help for you so there's no point in trying. I know this because I was over 300 pounds and I thought that sometimes, however, I woke up and realized that I did not want to continue to be that way. It's still a constant battle I fight every day, but I am down over 50 pounds and still working on it.

I would never ever wish that kind of lifestyle on anyone, but I don't think AL thinks about the consequences of her health or anything for continuing to go down this path. People always tend to think, "it won't happen to me"

*Edit
I don't see anything wrong with this? Or anything "embarrassing" about it. All I was stating was that when you are that way it's hard to see that anything can be different and that I understand because I use to feel that way too. Only offering a different perspective.

There are plenty of posts that I've here that posts different perspectives using stories from their lives.

What I posted was relevant to the flow of what the thread was discussing.

Last edited:

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
Fucking Fabulous will be available in limited quantities and only sold in TF stores or through his website. I could never see AL buying Tom Ford, anyway. She's a quantity over quality type of person. Most of her perfume comes from Walmart. The only perfumes she had that didn't come from Walmart or from shitty clothing retailers were two Hello Kitty rollerballs that came from Sephora. It's like, dude, you're at Sephora. Wander on over to the Hermes section. Or, at the very least, try some Marc Jacobs. Everyone loves Daisy. If she really wants something more sweet, she could try Prada Candy or Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

Instead, she has three bottles of Pink Friday.
I have a question, does women's cheap perfume lose its fragrance quickly like AL was saying in a recent video? Or is she just that bad at hording it and has shit that is more than a couple years old?

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus FUCKING christ is this girl perpetually an emo middle schooler? I know people have speculated that she's had high school mentality, but it's much worse than that... this is just childish. She's gone beyond high school... it's 7th and 8th grade crap. I would think I may have made a dumb collage like this when I was 12 when I was pissed off at my parents and trying to be edgy, but not when I was a near 30 year old. I am just surprised. Should I be? Probably not.

EDIT: Umm, it was supposed to show the screenshot of her "serial killer" collage. No idea why it didn't work... sorry. Still new to this forum.
Amber got a terribly strong dose of bad genetics plus crappy unstable, upbringing. Nothing explained Amber more to me than seeing her own mother's FB page. Her mom, who has got to be near or over 50 has the maturity of a slutty, attention seeking 15 year old. But that an insult to 15 year olds, most 15 year olds have the self-awareness not to post the types of things on a public FB page that her mom did. It was disturbing stuff, but it does show Amber's immaturity, intelligence/emotional maturity, addictive personality and attention seeking has a genetic component.

Add to that she was taken by CPS and bounced around in foster care, which at least helped her develop much better skills at manipulating people to mother and care for her. It would seem her mother doesn't have those same adaptive skills and why she ended up living in cars, with abusive partners, etc... while Amber evolved from being mothered by people as a teenager, to being mothered by her girlfriend's parents to now being cared/supported by her partners (and making money by attention seeking online). Attention seeking and emotional manipulation have become survival skills that have gotten her this far and there's no reason to believe that will ever change, because those are her only skills and it's worked so far. She's now stunted and just has to use what she knows to get by.

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question, does women's cheap perfume lose its fragrance quickly like AL was saying in a recent video? Or is she just that bad at hording it and has shit that is more than a couple years old?
Perfume is often searched out and loved decades after it came out. Shalimar is still made, but people will pay a pretty penny for the 1920s version, and not just for the bottle. I have some vintage Joy (1970s) that smells divine. There are websites that sell samples of vintage perfumes-ones that were considered cheap back in the 1950s. Perfumes that are today's equivalent of Bath and Body Works-stuff like Jean Nate, or Avons Roses Roses, are desirable.

So no, perfume doesn't always lose its fragrance quickly, in fact, it almost never does just a couple years after buying it. The kind Amber buys is cheap and if stored wrong, could eventually be an issue. Before losing its fragrance, it might just evaporate, air is an enemy of fragrance. And if it's stored in a hot and humid bathroom there is a chance it could go off. But it's highly unlikely, it's just another Amber lie. (We know her bathroom doesn't get hot and humid that often)

The truth is, so many teenagers get an Ariana Grande or Katy Perry perfume as their first fragrance, that in 25 years it will likely be desirable to a collector. If I had a bottle, I'd stick it in the back of the closet. (I confess to perfume hoarding though). I would not go out and buy it because it's not going to get anybody rich, but sold by ml might end up bringing in a few hundred, depending on scarcity.

Perfume, even Eau de Toilette, can last a lifetime if stored properly.

Broken Pussy

Kitten Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have to store perfume properly to keep it from turning. I don't see AL knowing this or caring enough to do it.

Perfume, stored properly, can keep its scent for a long time. You can buy vintage bottles that still smell the way they are meant to, even, and those are highly coveted, because perfume manufacturers reformulate their ingredients so that classic scents, even though sold under the same name, don't smell the same anymore.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
You have to store perfume properly to keep it from turning. I don't see AL knowing this or caring enough to do it.

Perfume, stored properly, can keep its scent for a long time. You can buy vintage bottles that still smell the way they are meant to, even, and those are highly coveted, because perfume manufacturers reformulate their ingredients so that classic scents, even though sold under the same name, don't smell the same anymore.
Does perfume degrade in sunlight? I know a lot of drugs have to be kept in darkness for that reason.

hotcheetospuffs

Bora Bora Eat Some More-a
kiwifarms.net
Charles Gross has the best perfume collection videos. He actually smells the stuff and describes the scent, and his collection is impressive. (I'm surprised he doesn't have a thread here...)
Does perfume degrade in sunlight? I know a lot of drugs have to be kept in darkness for that reason.
Yes, best kept in the dark, but who wants to keep a gorgeous bottle hidden away?

• Agree
Reactions: 666EVE666

DogDogDog

courage and autism
kiwifarms.net
Its kinda fucked up if you think about her wearing perfume, simply because most perfumes use whale blubber and shes a land whale. that would be like if we started wearing around nice scented spit of other people on ourselves instead of using perfume.

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, it can. You wouldn't want to keep it on your windowsill, mostly due to possibility of evaporation, especially if it's a cologne rather than a perfume. Most of today's formulations are less sensitive than older ones, which used animal products like civit or ambergris for which there are chemical substitutions now. But heat, light and high temperature is an enemy of perfume.

Even so, it would take years for the problems to form.

Broken Pussy

Kitten Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, it does. You are supposed to store it at a lower temperature and keep it in a place where it won't be subjected to much sunlight.

Charles Gross has the best perfume collection videos. He actually smells the stuff and describes the scent, and his collection is impressive. (I'm surprised he doesn't have a thread here...)

Yes, best kept in the dark, but who wants to keep a gorgeous bottle hidden away?
I keep my home fairly dark, anyway, because I work at night, so it has never been a problem for me, keeping my bottles in a dimly lit place.

Last edited:

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's quantity over quality with Amber. Instead of investing in nice good quality pieces of jewelry that last for years and years, she buys the cheap Walmart crap that breaks after couple wears. The same thing with perfumes. She'd rather have a big collection of $20 perfumes instead of couple high end ones.
Is the Konmari method still trendy amongst lifestyle vloggers? Wouldn't hurt her to try it, even for a one-off vlog.

Tags
None