Money September 2, 2015: Chris moves to Etsy, suggests "donating to book #11 and beyond" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I didn't read through these 9 pages so I apologize if this has been brought up, but as someone who has seen shit a lot of people haven't... I'm pretty certain this comic is something he made several years ago and never released publicly.

So if that's true, he's not actually drawing anything new, he's basically just recycling (like the LBP sweetheart level). Judge that as you will.

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't read through these 9 pages so I apologize if this has been brought up, but as someone who has seen shit a lot of people haven't... I'm pretty certain this comic is something he made several years ago and never released publicly.

So if that's true, he's not actually drawing anything new, he's basically just recycling (like the LBP sweetheart level). Judge that as you will.
Didn't the originals burn in the fire, though? Or are you saying these were drawn and scanned but never uploaded?

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
I just looked at hers Etsy page and yes, that last line wasn't there before.

But I don't think she intends to write the name of the donor on the back of the single page, more like a single page list of the donors after the ending of the comic.

$10 for a Hand-Drawn Original and also getting your name in Sonichu isn't a bad deal.
She gives a Hand-drawn original to every donor so yes, you're basically paying 10$ for something she's also selling for 30$

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Nah, these are new. He literally just picked up where he left off, with the Christmas comic. God, I hate Christmas episodes of anything. I figured Chris would've forgotten about this and just wrote a real comic.

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
Oh buh buh buh baby you just ain't seen nuh nuh nothin' yet
Of course, now everything makes sense! :O
YOU, @DStecks are the one that commissioned all those pages, so you could review them, gather views, and become the Most powerful youtuber that ever existed!

But now all your hard work is shattered, because I discovered your master plan!:mad:

DStecks

Wasabi Clan Chief
kiwifarms.net
The pages are pretty clearly new. Everything is just a little bit different. Sonichu always had an extremely limited colour palate, and the new pages are just ever so slightly different. Maybe Crayola reformulated their marker ink since 2010.

Of course, now everything makes sense! :O
YOU, @DStecks are the one that commissioned all those pages, so you could review them, gather views, and become the Most powerful youtuber that ever existed!

But now all your hard work is shattered, because I discovered your master plan!:mad:
I'm not the one who paid for the ten pages. And in any case I have no intention to review Sonichu 11, ever, ever.

But I have bought some pages. To find out how many, you're just gonna have to watch next week's review.

General Juicer

kiwifarms.net
I'll be goddamn. Looks like Chris showed me. I'm going to slightly break my promise though and wait until significant progress on issue #12 happens.

But if Chris manages that and the comics don't turn out to be boring anime-cartoon cliches (The new pages of issue #11 are quite promising so far) I wouldn't mind sending him a few Hamiltons. I laughed for quite some time at Blake's outburst, Kevin getting PTSD from Call of Duty, and Sonichu being extremely insensitive towards the homeless; I've paid more than that for comedy nights where I didn't laugh half as hard.

Last edited:

asperhes

kiwifarms.net
New offers. Do you have $1000 to throw away?

"All completed Past and NEW Pages will be uploaded and Publicly viewable on my Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/CwcvilleGuardian, in their respective photo albums. After getting enough funds, I will look further into Paper Self-Publishing and Printing of the books, and shortly after sell them on my shop here.

And for each person who donates through here, I will draw and send a single Character Drawing as a sign of gratitude. Requests for drawing content are welcomed, but if no request is made, I shall draw a fresh drawing of Sonichu. **Limit One Drawing Per Person, Per Day.

And, in the back of the book, I'll put your name there in a dedicated page. You reserve the right to request your name not be listed and remain anonymous.

EVERYONE who Donates gets a Character Drawing and a name in the book's back, each and respectively. But you get more if you Donate More. **ALL Character Drawings will be shipped within two days of Donation.

At the $50.00 Level, you'll get your choice of either a Sonichu Medallion (Or other optional variant or Custom; see Medallion Listing) Or an Autographed Photo of me. Allow up to two weeks for medallion creation.

$100.00 gets you your choice of one of the Sonichu or Rosechu Amiibo Figures, or one of the CWC Amiibo Figures (see their individual listings). Allow up to four weeks for Figure parts being acquired and assembly/creation.

$500.00 gets you a Sonichu Medallion (Or other optional variant or Custom; see Medallion Listing), one Sonichu or Rosechu Amiibo Figure of your choice, AND the three piece set of CWC Amiibo Figures (Pre-2011 Christian Weston Chandler, Chris Chan Sonichu, and Post-2011 Christine Weston Chandler). Allow a Month for Figure parts being acquired and assembly/creation, and you may request an Autographed Photo as well. Depending on the timing of Donation and Page Creation, your name may end up being written into the back(s) of the current book, as well as the following book.

$1,000 gets you the Complete Main Sonichu and Rosechu Amiibo Figure Wave 1 Set (Sonichu, Rosechu, Blake, Wild, Bubbles, Angelica, Punchy and Magi-Chan), the three-piece CWC Amiibo Figure Set (Pre-2011 Christian Weston Chandler, Chris Chan Sonichu, and Post-2011 Christine Weston Chandler), a Sonichu Medallion (Or other optional variant or Custom; see Medallion Listing), and you may request an Autographed Photo as well. Depending on the timing of Donation and Page Creation, your name may end up being written into the back(s) of the current book, as well as the following book, and maybe the one book after that. So, up to three books.

Thank You soo much for your help. Even the little donations help and go a very long way."

Trickie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
$1,000 gets you the Complete Main Sonichu and Rosechu Amiibo Figure Wave 1 Set (Sonichu, Rosechu, Blake, Wild, Bubbles, Angelica, Punchy and Magi-Chan), the three-piece CWC Amiibo Figure Set (Pre-2011 Christian Weston Chandler, Chris Chan Sonichu, and Post-2011 Christine Weston Chandler), a Sonichu Medallion (Or other optional variant or Custom; see Medallion Listing), and you may request an Autographed Photo as well. Depending on the timing of Donation and Page Creation, your name may end up being written into the back(s) of the current book, as well as the following book, and maybe the one book after that. So, up to three books.
Straight up buying the whole set plus medallion and photo would cost about $500-$600. I don't know what the incentive would be to donate vs just buying the things.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the reward tiers are all over the places. The $10 donation gets you something that would normally cost $30, but then all the other tiers get you merchandise worth significantly less. It seems like he's kinda getting it but not really quite there yet.
Also of note is saying he plans to self publish and sell copies of Sonichu.. that is a really good idea and its about time. He could make a bunch of money doing that. He should throw in autographing them as well, or maybe for an extra $5.

Trickie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just got the donation commission in the mail. Unfortunately, I no longer have a scanner, but I tried to take a picture of it with as high a quality as I could.

I think when I put in what I wanted drawn I asked for "Rosechu waving to the viewer and looking cute".

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The headband is apparently missing, but there usually isn't a drawn line between the white and yellow parts of her tail, it's usually just colored in.
Of course in a simple outlined drawing, those lines which remain invisible in color should still be outlined besides, but that's a nitpick.

The American Hedgehog

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a great example of how bad Chris is at proportions. It's weird that he drew her left arm as smaller than the right arm and her right leg as smaller than the left leg.

I wonder if he traced the peace sign, because that hand looks much better than what he did for the other one.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino