"Serious" Songs that make you laugh. -

skiddlez

中出し大好き
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Surprised nobody has posted Undone. The song is famous for being serious and finding mainstream appeal as a humorous song because Rivers sings "if you want to destroy my sweater."
Rivers Cuomo said:
"Undone" is the feeling you get when the train stops and the little guy comes knockin' on your door. It was supposed to be a sad song, but everyone thinks it's hilarious.

In the event that you have somehow never heard this song:

Jeff Boomhauer

Yo.
kiwifarms.net

This song was EVERYWHERE in the US (and presumably the UK) about 5 or so years ago. I would have hated it if the dude's accent weren't so hilarious.

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A sob story of a starving Somalian woman gathering rice grains ("pearls") for her little daughter. Her life, the singer laments, "hurts like a new pair of shoes".

I suspect stardom, not to mention her gig as an international protester, has treated Kidjo a little bit too well.
BTW, this is a cover. The original is by Sade.

Its supposed to be a song about people in the shittiest conditions still having the strength to persevere. The shoes line doesn't make me lol but its a bit cringy.

Love Deluxe is still a fucking great record.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With lyrics like "I feel so MAD, feel so ANGRY, feel so CALLOUS, so LOST conFUSED, JUST MAD, feel so CHEAP, so USED, UNFAITHFUL" I'm surprised this song never became a meme:

Tom, I love your voice, but you're just not smooth enough to pull off sentimental stuff without sounding whiny.
("Short Film" hahahahahahaha that pretentiousness)

It's a serious song about drunk driving accidents. It ends up getting used in ridiculous emo scenes to the point where it's funny.
I'm genuinely surprised this wasn't posted on the first page. This song is the poster child for melodrama.

>literally no one has posted Evanescence yet

To anyone too young to remember 2003, listen to that song while imagining teenagers dressed exactly like this hanging around at the mall, drifting between Hot Topic and wherever had a Dance Dance Revolution machine:

mallgoths.jpg

I'm really not kidding, that hair dye + makeup + clothing was super prevalent for a while. If you talk to them, they were generally nice, but aloof, and would mope about their bfs/gfs or how much shit sucks or whatever.

There you go, now you have a perfect simulation of the year 2003 in your head.

Last edited:

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
The belching always gets me. It started as an inside joke with one of my friends.

It was always ridiculous how overused it is, but after the recorder parody, it hits different.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The song itself is fine, even though it's obvious that English isn't the singers' first language... But that video :lit: specifically those totally out of place background dancers, gets me every time.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like how songs that are about how racisms are bad come off as racist
That reminds me of this gem.
All the best lines come from LL Cool J.

"If you don't judge my do-rag, I won't judge your red flag."
"If you don't judge my gold chains, I'll forget the iron chains."
"RIP Robert E. Lee but I've gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me."

Evil Betty

kiwifarms.net
There's this old, pre-Uptown Funk Bruno Mars song that I can't remember the name of, but it's one of the sad, whiny ones. One line has the phrase "broken pieces" that makes me lose my shit because it sounds exactly like "broken penises."