• Discuss.

Sesame Street Adds Autistic Muppet

Discussion in 'Part & Parcel' started by CatParty, Mar 20, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • No US Politics. We get enough of that shit every day of our lives. Talk about Zimbabwe or something.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. The question we need to be asking though, is when will Bert and Ernie come out of the closet? It's CURRENT YEAR and they're clearly gay coded!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. So when do we get the Sesame Street version of the BLARMS saga?

• Like Like x 3
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Has that NewNewbee smell.

kiwifarms.net
  3. Grover's arms ARE Blue! Keep them that way!

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    TheImportantFart

TheImportantFart ANTIFART

kiwifarms.net
  4. And that is the reason why Hooper's Gamestop was sold off to another intrested party.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Feels Feels x 5
    dunbrine47

dunbrine47 Has that NewNewbee smell.

kiwifarms.net
  5. This has the potential to be comedic gold.

Watching this thing be anti-social, spaz out around loud noises, and have arm-flailing "Meltdowns" is going to be hilarious.

Bonus points if some "Mean" character becomes unintentionally popular because he or she refuses to put up with that shit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    Echo_Ender

Echo_Ender Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  6. ... so she shits herself and does nothing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Melkor

Melkor ANIME WAS A MISTAKE
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Ugh. Teaching the value of tolerating autistic kids is fine or whatever, but sesame street is targeted at young preschoolers. All they do when they see a character act wrong is imitate it. This is why Caillou is the bane of parents' existence...kids listen to that whiny fucker and even when the whole point is that he is being an idiot, they do whatever they see.

Kids WILL adopt autistic behaviors as a result of this and end up diagnosed. Plus now the munchausens autism moms will have something to show their victim children so they have something to model from.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Abortions4All

Abortions4All Miniature American Flags For Mad Bears

kiwifarms.net
  8. My mom taught preschool for decades and she blarm rages when they introduce muppets with speech impediments for much the same reason.

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.net
  9. Yeah, and what's more, not only will it make non autistic children emulate antisocial behavior associated with autism, it's not like an actual autistic preschooler would get anything out of it. Those kids don't HAVE empathy and an understanding of "oh wow, that kid is just like me, I feel so much less alone!" To an autistic child, it's just another brightly colored puppet on the show full of loud noises.

• Agree Agree x 13
    Abortions4All

Abortions4All Miniature American Flags For Mad Bears

kiwifarms.net
  10. Alex Jones features this on his show. Winds up going on a massive rant about how vaccines cause autism and cancer. Ending with a commercial for some snake oil he sells that "helps children focus".

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Steve Mayers

Steve Mayers Nazi Punks Fuck Off

kiwifarms.net
  11. I notice the autist muppet is a ginger, so is not only autistic but also has no soul.

• Winner x 11
    • Agree x 5
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous L'Héautontimorouménos
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  12. And seriously the eyes on that rabbit wtf

• Agree Agree x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.net
  13. I can just see it now. Complete with tumblr style neo-pronouns. Hey kids, can you say "xe"?

I miss the days when it was mainly Bert, Ernie, Telly, Grover, Big Bird, Snuffy, The Count and Oscar. The show used to be like The Muppet Show for little kids and had a lot of variety. Do they still teach you Spanish and ASL? I tried to watch Sesame Street last year for nostalgia. But it was pretty much the Elmo show. He took up so much time and was so irritating that I couldn't stand it. I hate that purple fairy muppet too.

Now I could have sworn they already did the autistic muppet thing on TV, not just in books. But maybe I was wrong. What's bad is that it may cause kids to self diagnose at a younger age if they have traits they can identify with some of Julia's traits. So you could have five year olds wondering if they are autistic because they hate the sound of a fire engine siren or they aren't social enough. I hope it doesn't backfire and duplicate another generation of self diagnosers.

• Feels Feels x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Here Violet. Have this son of a bitch soda.

kiwifarms.net
  14. I just realized Julia looks like a redhead Scout Finch if she was an autistic muppet.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Onii-chan Complex

kiwifarms.net
  15. I think the worst part of this aside from what's already been stated is that shit like this keeps leading to the flanderization of Autism as a whole.

Autism has enough variations that it ranges from full on screeching invalids to completely normal people who have trouble picking up on certain social cues. The latter don't have any excuse for blaming their failures on Autism since they know what they're doing is wrong.
    This is pretty much just just giving kids another excuse to screech when they don't get their way.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Feels Feels x 1
    The Lawgiver

The Lawgiver Long ago in the Middle East...

kiwifarms.net
  16. Autism is big business in the medical/pharma industry. Cognitive Training, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Therapists, Medication. It's always better to have more people diagnosed with something. Autism, Aspergers, Gender Disphoria, Fibromialgia, Dyselxia. They get to feel special because they are handling their illness, and have something to talk about, and the pharma companies get more customers and more profits. It's win win for everyone!

The entire country may just implode on itself because its being run by invalids now, but hey, everyones happy.

• Feels Feels x 9
    kiwifarms.net

17. so you're saying their vaccines cause autism to keep the businesses alive

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. After "CIA inflitrates MLP communities and writes fanfics" and "CIA has meme warfare division" who can truly say... :P

• Winner Winner x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Psssh. Kermit the Frog was flapping his arms around way before this little girl. And no one praised him for being representative of autistic children.

But yeah, as others have said, I can't help but feel this will do more harm than good. God knows, autistic people are already stereotyped to hell and back. No thanks to people like the ones featured on this site.

Also someone mentioned there was a muppet child character with aids? That has some VERY nasty implications for something in a children meant for little kids.

• Feels Feels x 2
    #59 scorptatious, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    scorptatious

scorptatious Can only twitch
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.