Celebrity Shane Lee Yaw / Shane Dawson - Hack comedian/filmmaker, millionaire pretending to be poor, did blackface, fucked a cat, pedophile

AmHole

Am Many Holes Ed Boy
kiwifarms.net
Thank you for this thread

Hes worse than I thought
He did some graphic video where he breaks into Taylor Swift's house to murder her or something?
Was it Shane? I thought it was Bart Baker or whatever the amholes name is? I just remember reading that he was parodying her "Blank Space" video and in the end, he smashes her head in with a mallet. You dont see it but you see blood repeatedly go everywhere.
I dont really keep up with Youtube trends but that one genuinely was disturbing and the fact that people liked it and found it funny is equally as disturbing.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OT but Eugenia is so ungodly nice
I don't think she would even realize she was used.
It's almost sad.

Like ik it could be an act but dang, girl doesn't ever slip up her persona
Shane used her to make money and just helped her spring herself back into the limelight, still not accepting she has an eating disorder, and starting her on the path or inevitable relapse (she's already lost quite a bit of weight and has started showing off her bony body again). Kati is mainly responsible for this in my opinion, as Shane just might be severely dumb and just take the advice of a marriage counsellor posing as youtube's go to mental health adviser like she's some kind of psychiatrist.

Shane seems to have a good habit of associating with shitty people, probably to attempt to get back the relevancy he had back in the early days of youtube. He was funny at the time, age demographic wise though people grew up and he faded away until re-branding into his conspiracy theory stuff and the dumb docu series.

berenstain

cheburashka enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
the fact that people liked it and found it funny is equally as disturbing.
I honesty found it funny and I am a well-adjusted person. Maybe it depends on where you live and what you grew up watching, but in the States it is typical to see violence in movies and most of us are unphased by an over-the-top bloody comedy bit. I am only just now watching these older Shane videos and it's clear that his shtick is just outdated dark and shock humor combined with a peppy attitude, which misses the mark about half of the time.

Last edited:

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sebastian Williams posted a thread on his Twitter about Shane. There's a bit of crossover with the stuff posted in the Raina Twitter thread a couple of pages ago.

How did people only find those pedophilic, racist etc. videos only now? I thought there are people who love cancelling so much, they'll go through all content they can just find of a person, even kiwifarms loves finding every single small detail they can just find of someone, how did everyone miss those videos before? He is a disgusting deviant, how could he get away with it before?
>joined 36 minutes ago

If you cared so much why weren't you archiving his stuff all this time?

I don't have time for that, I have a lot of stuff to do in my life. Also this not my first KF account btw.
If you've no intention of archiving anything yourself then you've no right to complain.

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
How did people only find those pedophilic, racist etc. videos only now? I thought there are people who love cancelling so much, they'll go through all content they can just find of a person, even kiwifarms loves finding every single small detail they can just find of someone, how did everyone miss those videos before? He is a disgusting deviant, how could he get away with it before?
because twitter is stupid

I__quit

Conscious thought with a sprinkle of lye and rain.
kiwifarms.net
Personal opinion but I don't think he's really into kids. His humor is just very very weird. However, nothing he says now can change anything anymore. People already formed their opinion about him.
I was never a fan of his content, just wasn't my jam, and I will admit that a lot of these clips of pedophilic humour are genuinely unsettling in hindsight. His more recent branding probably exacerbates that initial shock; how many people even remember him and Onision (problematic public enemy number whatever) being faux fags together?

In saying that, I don't think he's a chomo, either. Do I defend his old videos because offensive shockjock humour was in vogue with the age demographic of YouTube in it's infancy? No, but a common theme in the emo-era was a fetishistic view of bi and male younger fellas. Add that to possible internalized homophobia and what seemed to come out was a disconnect between sexual humour and actual sexual attraction. For example, gay dudes can be physically playful with fag hag buddies without a hard-on. In the same vain, a gay younger man who separates himself from his own desires may be slower to pick up on nuances that come off as predatory because, though tasteless, it's all a joke in his mind. And, from the videos with older people and guardians present, others supported his lolz. The public supported his lolz.

The public grew his career from the dirt, enjoyed the shade of his legacy and are now burning him down while salting the Jewtube earth. You know what though? It's all advertiser hogwash for the moola moola, the same stagnant trough Shane himself bathes in and has used to his benefit. Personally, to Hell with Shane and all other muh mental health "advocates" who shilled BetterHelp under the guise of giving a fuck about anything but money. A staggering amount of influencers are fake ass bitches and snakes, including the pwecious OGs. Why is anyone surprised?

tl;dr not pedo but still shit
His fans and stans better help soon. heh.

berenstain

cheburashka enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Initially it was because that kind of edgy humor was relatively "normal" when it was first produced and most just ignored it. He acted less like a person, more like a cringy cartoon character. It was shock comedy, purposefully offensive, and meant for a mature audience. That is why it was Adult Swim. The most disturbing part is that he clearly knew that his audience was almost exclusively under 12 years old yet he continued to create inappropriate content and did not put any disclaimer on it. Weird behavior when it comes to sexualizing children usually gets way too much slack, remember the decades of silence around Dan Schneider? Or remember James Gunn's pedophilic tweets (which are far more disturbing than Shane's clips)? The media just swept them up and said it was jokes and now he's back directing.

Now that Shane has gained millions of dollars and a new audience (that is prone to cancel culture) from associating with people like Jeffree Star, his entire oeuvre is being parsed through with a fine toothed comb.

Last edited:

LukeMcGregor

kiwifarms.net
Most people have known what he is like and decided not to watch him. You'd think that would be enough but in this social justice era you have to try to get people deplatformed or be accused of being guilty by association. There is no fucking way his die hard fangirls didn't know all about this shit, I fucking knew about his weird sketches and I can't stand the guy.

pecansandies

MANAGER: My God.
kiwifarms.net
Shane seems to have a good habit of associating with shitty people, probably to attempt to get back the relevancy he had back in the early days of youtube. He was funny at the time, age demographic wise though people grew up and he faded away until re-branding into his conspiracy theory stuff and the dumb docu series.
i think the relationship is more symbiotic than him just getting exposure to a wider audience. he gets more exposure, sure. but look at the subjects of his "documentaries." first.... they aint docs like maybe in the loosest sense of the word but not really. they're PR for shitty/controversial youtubers. jake paul, tana, jeffree star, eugenia. probably the least contentious youtuber was bunny but even she has a pattern of stupid behaviour that alienates her audience.

like he could have just as easily made videos about people like jenna marbles. people like her. people want to know about her. but the thing is that he cant spread to an audience that isnt impressionable. tana and jake especially have a mostly young (stupid, the word i really want to use is stupid) fanbase. they wouldn't be fans of those people if they weren't. he benefits from more blindly supportive (stupid) fans who he can rely on sticking up for him no matter what. in exchange for that, notorious shitheads get hours of feel-good propaganda made about them... like we're really supposed to think jake paul isn't a dumb egomaniac because there are long shots of him with his arm around his gf with cutesy music playing. or that tana wasn't fully out to scam her fans with that manager weeb on a segway cause she cried on a couch. or that bunny wasnt going to go right back to screaming at hair curlers. stupid.

(i did like the videos where he's just fucking around with his friends. that shit is just fun. i still want the controversial palette tho just so i can turn the box into a stash box)

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reupload of Blaire crying on Instagram because Shane is a chomo and she doesn't want to be hypocritical after calling Yaniv and Lovely Peaches pedos for less.
'Blaire White cries about Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star *Full instagram Story*':

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I regret watching it. It was so stupid and unneeded and it hooked so many people in and we all fell for it.
I feel the same way. I watched the whole thing out of curiosity and got turned off by it quickly but kept watching hoping that it would get more interesting. Everyone praised it and I couldn't stand it. I didn't bother with his beauty documentary and didn't fall for that one at all at that point. Although everyone else did.

Don't forget about their "open marriage."
Or their Scientology rumors. The Smiths have always come across to me as the kind of parents who are like "I can't say no to my child or punish him, it'll stifle his creativity if I don't. I need to let my child do his own choices with his life without meddling."
They're annoying honestly. Howard Stern was right to clown on Will years ago.

Last edited:

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve never liked Shane and wondered why there wasn’t a thread here-he seems almost as deserving as Onision. But that’s not the point.

People always say Shane has kept modern-kept his popularity when others (Onision, Fred, KevJumba, Smosh, more I’m blanking on...) couldn’t keep up with the times and hung onto old humor.

Times change-nobody is the same at 20 as they are at 35. If you’ve been online for 15 years, something in your past can catch up to you. Especially with that type of “humor.” Racist jokes, jerking it to photos of teen girls, cumming on your cat have never been acceptable. But with the whole conversation, it can make sense. Not as sound bites though.

There was a time in history that Howard Stern was funny to the masses and people joked about this stuff. Now Stern is on some pay channel, is an anachronism, and even was on America’s Got Talent snd has lost his edge. People like him still but not as much as they used to. Now, everything is serious. Even stand-ups are afraid of certain material now.

We live in different times than just a decade ago. People are smashing Christopher Columbus statues, changing names of towns that were named after confederate generals (even though few knew of the origin) and ripping down memorials and history that isn’t acceptable in today’s understanding. Not listening or turning it off is not the answer, now it shouldn’t even be said.

If Shane had really changed with the times he would have quietly been deleting all these old videos off his channel for years-make a new one, delete 20 old ones. Somebody would notice but he could just say “it’s not me anymore, I’m not proud of it.” A virtual smashing of the statue.

He has changed his new content (mostly) but by not by smashing the statue -so nobody believes him. He’s eased away-but not always. He left it all there until a day or so ago then wiped it clean. That shows he’s scared, not that he has regrets.

He’s lucky though. For some reason, YouTube is protecting him so he has a chance to make video doco series focusing on blacks and other underrepresented people and stick to milder forms of what got him famous. He can distance himself from Starr and maybe partner with a minority-owned makeup company if he intends to stay in the beauty community.

I can’t stand the guy. I hate cancel culture more though. The best thing would be if he really figured it out but I press X.

I think Felix was very smart to get out when he did. Like Seinfeld, he went out on the top of his game leaving millions of fans. The world has changed so fast and so much that who knows how long it’d be until he had a cancel try too.

Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back but right now, it’s far to the left and people are dropping off and we are even losing history, a lot of which is racist but you don’t learn by erasure. Online, there will be more people cancelled if they don’t learn.

The days of YouTube Is disappearing. It’s not Broadcast Yourself now. They want a professional company with advertiser-friendly content. In the years to come, I don’t think we’ll see our fats or weirdos so much.

Times are changing, even for Shane.