Celebrity Shane Lee Yaw / Shane Dawson - Hack comedian/filmmaker, millionaire pretending to be poor, did blackface, fucked a cat, pedophile

supremeautismo

kiwifarms.net
This whole controversy has made me realize this: is there really any merit to canceling people with fame? Suppose this works, at the end of the day if Shane was smart he’ll still be a millionaire. None of this money is going anywhere and he’ll always have defenders from the OG’s to the current preteens.
I just want him away from the kiddos. The le edgy humor is eye-roll at best and obnoxious and offensive at worst. Maybe he can't lure in 12 year olds willing to get on his lap for internet clout because he's flabby and attempts to be an 'investigative journalist' now, but he has a pretty obvious past of creepin' on the little ones, and trying to defend it.
One less Biden-esque tween sniff would be a nice outcome :shit-eating:

the sister fister

BRING ME THE GYPSY GIRL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel the same way. I watched the whole thing out of curiosity and got turned off by it quickly but kept watching hoping that it would get more interesting. Everyone praised it and I couldn't stand it. I didn't bother with his beauty documentary and didn't fall for that one at all at that point. Although everyone else did.
Don't even bother, at all. I can't recommend any less for anyone to watch. It's one giant commercial for the Conspiracy palette. The ~only~ interesting thing in the series was how a makeup line is created, from idea to presses, and releasing them to the public. That easily could have been just 2 videos, minus all the drama.

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't even bother, at all. I can't recommend any less for anyone to watch. It's one giant commercial for the Conspiracy palette. The ~only~ interesting thing in the series was how a makeup line is created, from idea to presses, and releasing them to the public. That easily could have been just 2 videos, minus all the drama.
He should have just stuck with the conspiracy stuff. People love conspiracy videos. Not long drawn out boring Youtube documentaries about annoying famous Youtubers.

Madolche

unlimited
kiwifarms.net
This whole controversy has made me realize this: is there really any merit to canceling people with fame? Suppose this works, at the end of the day if Shane was smart he’ll still be a millionaire. None of this money is going anywhere and he’ll always have defenders from the OG’s to the current preteens.
"Cancelling" anyone is always a hit or miss, usually a miss. At best it brings awareness to a person's questionable behavior and they apologize and move on, continuing to make money. At worst you ruin a person's life (usually not a celebrity) because they used one slur and apparently making a mistake is the literal devil to these people. Cancelling anyone with money doesn't work 99% of the time. The only person I can remember being cancelled recently that had any impact was Sherry Pie, one of the drag queens off of Drag Race for this last season. What that fucker did was gross and yeah, they deserve the comeuppance.

But Shane's audience is really large and still compromised of teenagers who can't imagine their sweet baby boy Shane doing any wrong. 'Stan' culture is the opponent of 'cancel' culture. Try cancelling any kpop 'stans' boy band members and you'll get 14 year olds doxxing you and threatening to kill you.

scp-webkinz

cant believe its almost 2011
kiwifarms.net
Very surprised he hasn't had a thread yet. His current 'internet persona' is being a fat insecure dirty fag. He's gone off on multiple people for saying he looks like he doesn't shower and wears gross old clothing, but turns around and makes the same self deprecating jokes about himself. I feel bad for the people around him.

1593482275842.png

I used to watch Shane's old videos and saw nothing wrong with them because that is just how youtube was back in the day. Shock humor and edgy cringe was what got him fame. I believe what got him into hot water was not just his past, but his shitty acknowledgement of it. I can't pinpoint why, but Jenna's apology seemed genuine and Shane's did not.

Madolche

unlimited
kiwifarms.net
Crazy how skinny he got and how much he ballooned up since then. News flash Shane, being 'authentic' doesn't mean becoming a fat slob with hobo clothes.

Some of those pics could be passed off as fun fan interactions...if those fans were over 18 (yet they aren't (:_( ). They are fucking creepy.

FrozenFlame

kiwifarms.net
I think Shane's old videos could be compared to another YouTuber who is somewhat newer, Brandon Rogers. Brandon makes similar shock value humor like Shane used to, aka pretty much everything the PC crowd hates. Brandon even has videos of him casually dropping the N-bomb. He hit mainstream in the mid-2010s, well after the start of cancel culture. Why is he different and not being cancelled?

Brandon never pretended to be something he isn't.

Brandon doesn't put on a minstrel act of being a misunderstood champion of the everyday man. Brandon is unapologetically gay, offensive, and doesn't give a shit about much. And that's the difference.

Shane is his own worst enemy here. He's the one who decided to cater to this crowd because, let's be honest, the videos were much less effort. Even if you think Shane sucks at production, his older sketch videos took a lot more work than "let me interview this popular youtuber" or "I'll pretend to make a documentary and just have over the top reactions"

Maybe if he would stop being such a beta pussy who is always concerned about being liked and if he didn't get lazy, he wouldn't be dealing with all of this right now. But IMO, he's reaping what he sowed.

Nicotine Fetish

kiwifarms.net
I think Shane's old videos could be compared to another YouTuber who is somewhat newer, Brandon Rogers. Brandon makes similar shock value humor like Shane used to, aka pretty much everything the PC crowd hates. Brandon even has videos of him casually dropping the N-bomb. He hit mainstream in the mid-2010s, well after the start of cancel culture. Why is he different and not being cancelled?

Brandon never pretended to be something he isn't.

Brandon doesn't put on a minstrel act of being a misunderstood champion of the everyday man. Brandon is unapologetically gay, offensive, and doesn't give a shit about much. And that's the difference.

Shane is his own worst enemy here. He's the one who decided to cater to this crowd because, let's be honest, the videos were much less effort. Even if you think Shane sucks at production, his older sketch videos took a lot more work than "let me interview this popular youtuber" or "I'll pretend to make a documentary and just have over the top reactions"

Maybe if he would stop being such a beta pussy who is always concerned about being liked and if he didn't get lazy, he wouldn't be dealing with all of this right now. But IMO, he's reaping what he sowed.
agree 100 percent. Yikes. This might make me sound like a Shane Stan. But I actually wish he would just go back to the crude weird offensive humor he use to do. But maybe because my humor is also fucked up. Im actually a little shocked at how offended people are claiming to be in this thread saying like “omggg racism and pedo jokes that’s too far” - like no it isn’t? Nothing is too far in comedy, if you are actually funny that is - and humor is subjective anyways. Kiwifarms is full of pedo and racism jokes. Like, don’t even pretend that it’s going to far lmfao. But basically / you’re right. It’s not the fact that Shane is problematic with his humor - being problematic WAS his humor. Saying, and doing fucked up things - and said things he said and did (for comedy, not being legitimately serious) is what made it funny. Because they were fucked up. The oh my god that’s fucked up was the punch line and I find it hilarious. I love a good what the actual fuck joke. No, he’s not being serious. Like I said. The “that’s fucked up” is the punch line. Of the very offensive jokes. Ya know? Where he went wrong is he became inauthentic to himself and his audience. Instead of throwing up two middle fingers and being like yeah it’s a fucking JOKE he pandered to the cancel culture. And as somebody else said in this thread the only way cancel culture wins (99 percent of the time) is if you let it win. His cancellation only works if he panders to it. He’s been so inauthentic the last 2 plus years. I wish he would just go back to the old more authentic Shane instead of this bullshit. Anyways. It be like that. lol.

DavieJones714

all the world's a stage
kiwifarms.net
The video of Shane and his mom asking the 12 yr old to twerk was edgy comedy? Smashing his face into his dog's junk was a fun skit? Leaving those videos up after supposedly apologizing for the content? He's fucking nasty. I challenge the faggot to use his comedic genius to create some more edgy videos. Unless, his past was really him just acting out his sexual abuse trauma and his mom being too big of a pussy to reprimand her injured boy.

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I added a section to the OP about the BetterHelp "controversy" that didn't affect Shane much, honestly. If anyone knows how that ended I would appreciate it. I know the beginning (Amberlynn) the middle (Pewdiepie) but not what happened after that. Did Dawson make an apology video? According to the Better Help thread here, Shane continued to shill the service. I'm just not sure how I should end that section but it doesn't matter much because as stated it wasn't a big controversy for Shane.

Nicotine Fetish

kiwifarms.net
I added a section to the OP about the BetterHelp "controversy" that didn't affect Shane much, honestly. If anyone knows how that ended I would appreciate it. I know the beginning (Amberlynn) the middle (Pewdiepie) but not what happened after that. Did Dawson make an apology video? According to the Better Help thread here, Shane continued to shill the service. I'm just not sure how I should end that section but it doesn't matter much because as stated it wasn't a big controversy for Shane.
49B00E1C-157B-4DE0-8AFE-2B4D771D61E5.jpeg

I’ll try looking for the tweet - but if I remember correctly. It was the big sponsor on the Logan Paul series. After shilling it on that video (and I think some tweets but the Logan Paul was the big one sponsoring betterhelp. He might of deleted it - but I think he made a tweet saying “I’ll look into it thanks for your concern!” Or something like that and never associated with them again. Didn’t call them out. Didn’t remove them. Just stopped talking about it after he said he would check them out.

mrsm0rbid

bag o' bones
kiwifarms.net
The kissing vid is in my post from earlier, for those mentioning it

I think for posterity it should be mentioned he is the object of Onision's hateboner, early in his career he and Greg kissed and afterwards dude went on a crusade against Shane. He also totes still wants to fuck him.

View attachment 1413689
(yt)

Years and years and years of trying to compete, looking like him, acting like him, and reeeeeeeing because Shane was everything he could never be. He often called him a pedophile, ironically.

Now Greg sits atop his poorly made OnlyFans throne, laughing and saying I TOLD YA SO SHANE A CUNT AND YT IS PROTECTING HIM
It's kind of poetic

View attachment 1413691
(yt)

Onision thread

chasingmice

Gorilla Watch 2020
kiwifarms.net
Last edited: