Share Your School Stories - Weirdos, freaks, and idiots (self-inclusion optional)

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Either way, could you imagine this happening in current year? It would be a media shitshow.
In 5th grade the dumb kid from Mississippi was super salty that paddling wasn't a thing in South Dakota. I guess because he liked watching the kids he hated getting their asses beat. Or maybe because he spent years getting his ass beat and was mad that we weren't. Either way every now and then he'd go up to someone and tell them exactly how many ass beatings we should be getting each week.

It was pretty off putting because of his age. Remember when I said he was dumb? Well, I wasn't exaggerating, he already failed 5th grade twice. He blamed it on some test required at the end of the year in Mississippi, said that it didn't matter how well you did the rest of the year, if you failed that test you failed the grade. Even if that was true though, he was still obviously dumb and not just a lousy test taker. Between that, his age gap, and his weird obsession with paddling nobody liked him.

The school obviously thought the age gap and his weirdness was inappropriate as well, because after Christmas they gave him a test and passed him onto the 6th grade to deal with him for the rest of the year. One of my friends in the same Girl Scout troop as me wound up having him in some of her classes. She was shocked and disgusted to find out he'd come from 5th grade, and that he'd failed it twice. She also confirmed he was just as weird about paddling in his new classes, and none of the 6th graders liked him either because he was dumb and obsessed about paddling.

jellycar

Bonjour, je suis Jelly Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A kid somehow downloaded Halo 2 on the computers in science class. From that day on every time we had a sub, we played it. Teacher in said class got death threats and eventually he got fired for something. He was a major asshole anyway.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Killing a dog is the cheapest, easiest way of tear-jerking. Even if you know you're being manipulated. Fuck you, literary dog killers. You are not all Old Yeller.
Of Mice and Men did it better.

Actually is kinda funny looking back how shocking the ending was to a lot of us students. The book dragged it out and more-or-less implied Lennie's demise (it's like a cutaway shot), but although we knew how it would end, the movie also kinda dragged it out, but then just suddenly George whips it out and "BANG", and some of the girls in class gasped at it (probably 'cause it was a loud gunshot).

• Agree
Reactions: Count groudon

Nines153

kiwifarms.net
My best friend in high school actually partook in the whole "penis exam" meme and made a version of it for our school and taped them all around school. She especially stuck in on her autistic Math teacher's class bc she hated him so much. She got suspended but when she came back, her geography teacher asked to speak with her and asked her about if she made the poster. She said yes and then he told her that he actually showed up. I genuinely don't know how she graduated high school

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone remember/get the great body shop? A bunch of little mags that gave health tips for kids? I've had the drawings and characters in the deep recesses of my mind for over 20 years now...also I've pretty much broken everything they told me to do from becoming a raging alcoholic to a full blown Marlboro smoker

SojuDrnkr

Stays after last call.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone remember/get the great body shop? A bunch of little mags that gave health tips for kids? I've had the drawings and characters in the deep recesses of my mind for over 20 years now...also I've pretty much broken everything they told me to do from becoming a raging alcoholic to a full blown Marlboro smoker
Didn't those things say taking Ecstasy put literal holes in your brain?

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Idk, i graduated high school in 07
Their website is still up but the art style had definitely changed. When I was a kid it reminded me of the captian underpants books. Looked like a kid with artistic talent drew them but now it looks more like 2d version of that this is your left puppet from aqua teen hunger force

Gaius Caesar

kiwifarms.net
What were your interactions with her like?
I need to dig into the memory bank for this since it was now nearly 15 years ago but I do recall she was always really quiet and polite to me, and to my knowledge never said anything much to anyone else in class or outside it, especially when she was obviously pregnant. I only had one English class with her in 10th grade but do remember she had some really well done fairy/fantasy drawings on the cover of one of those Office Max style binders we used to keep our homework/notebook paper in. I think they were her own work vs. a tracing but can't say for sure.

Given my graduating class in 2006 had nearly 1,000 people I don't have much more to say than that, but I do know some of my female friends/acquaintances from then were really involved in this case because they knew her better than I did. EDIT: Come to think of it, that class was the last time I actually saw her, although I do know she graduated since she was in the yearbook with her senior photo.

PotatoSalad4711

Even smiling makes my face ache
kiwifarms.net
This is really weird either way, but did the father pull down his pants for the spanking like in those old cartoons or did he just spank him like a “normal” person?

Either way, could you imagine this happening in current year? It would be a media shitshow.
Pants on, thank goodness. In the south, corporal punishment was still a thing long after it became taboo in other places. They usually didn’t do it in front of students though, mostly the principal’s office or the empty hallway. Although I’ve never seen a kid obsessed with it like in @MysticMisty’s post (that kid sounds a little deranged).

Reactions: Bryan Magee

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
I can't recall if I posted it in one of my HS year posts, but two girls got into a fight during a PE baseball game. As I'm catching the ball to make the third out at first base, I turn and see the commotion over at third base. Both girls tried unsuccessfully to pull each others' tops off, so they instead locked onto each other's hair. A senior who didn't have a class that period saw what was going on and broke it up before the PE teacher could see where she was observing the second baseball game over near the football field. The senior stayed to oversee our game until it was time to go back inside.

My high school turned a blind eye to smoking so long as it was done in what was nicknamed the "burnout section" -- an open concrete area between the kitchen and the home economics wing. The only drawback was this was the same space athletic teams would have to walk through to get to their buses after school. For teams with 4:00 or 4:30 PM start times at another school, there was still enough smoke lingering outside when they'd catch their bus that the air was noticeably thick and smoky for anyone taking a breath on the way to the bus.

It wasn't until my state increased the penalties for underage tobacco use (and I think they may have designated schools as tobacco-free zones) that the burnout section finally became a thing of the past. Prior to that, there was also a designated section for chewing tobacco until the land was used to build a competition-sized swimming pool with seating and lockers.

There's no way this would happen in $CURRENT_YEAR with today's attitudes and how parents behave.
We just smoked in the band room.... and this was 2010ish

My best friend in high school actually partook in the whole "penis exam" meme and made a version of it for our school and taped them all around school. She especially stuck in on her autistic Math teacher's class bc she hated him so much. She got suspended but when she came back, her geography teacher asked to speak with her and asked her about if she made the poster. She said yes and then he told her that he actually showed up. I genuinely don't know how she graduated high school
Penis exam? Could you explain?

Nines153

kiwifarms.net
We just smoked in the band room.... and this was 2010ish

Penis exam? Could you explain?
Something that was going around high schools that students would print out stating that there would be a mandatory penis exam for all male students and staff. I remember specifically that it said something like "all seniors who fail the penis exam cannot graduate" or something like that

• Informative
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A few months after Ted came out, a couple kids in my seventh grade history class loudly recited the thunder buddy song in unison while the teacher was talking. Don't remember what punishment they got other than getting sent to the principal's office but damn was that funny.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
One boy in primary school stapled his finger when I was a kid. The teacher found out by his crying and tried to remove it herself; I don't really remember that much except that she wasn't able to get it out. It left me a little unsettled for a few classes (but hey, I found out what would happen if you staple yourself!).

Freshman year, different kid, decided it was a good idea to touch an active kiln minutes after our art teacher told us how hot kilns get ( 1,800 - 2,400 F). Oy vey ... there's always someone that has to burn themselves because they won't listen to a warning.

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Freshman year, different kid, decided it was a good idea to touch an active kiln minutes after our art teacher told us how hot kilns get ( 1,800 - 2,400 F). Oy vey ... there's always someone that has to burn themselves because they won't listen to a warning.
Reminds me of the first day of sophomore year when someone in chemistry accidentally knocked over some test tubes and spilled the contents on themselves while the teacher was going over the safety precautions. Turned out to just be water.

Tags
None