She-Ra and the Princess of Power - sjw bad animation reboot of shera

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://deadline.com/2018/07/she-ra-netflix-revival-first-photos-dreamworks-animation-1202427555/

The new version of the titular heroine looks quite different from the ’80s series many people grew up with, but it keeps in the spirit of the show featuring the mythical warrior princess that will empower a whole new generation of young women.

The images (check them out below) reveal some main characters from the series, including Adora and her alter ego She-Ra voiced by Aimee Carrero (Elena of Avalor), Glimmer voiced by Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad), Bow voiced by Marcus Scribner (black-ish), and Catra voiced by AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs). The series also includes the voice talents of Lorraine Toussaint, Lauren Ash, and recent Emmy nominee Sandra Oh. The photos also give us the first look at Bright Moon Castle, the capital of Etheria and home-base to the Rebellion.

She-Ra follows orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil.

The She-Ra revival comes from Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona) and executive producer Chuck Austen (Dawn of the Croods, Steven Universe). She-Ra and the Princesses of Power will be released on Netflix on November 16.

DiPxo_RU8AAGVuq.jpg she-ra.jpg glimmer-bow-and-adora.jpg catra-and-adora.jpg

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Well, they did it. They made something that looks gayer then He-Man.
You should have seen the original She-Ra, haha.
I honestly don't mind, and I was a fan of the original(such that I enjoyed the hide-and-seek element of LooKee being hidden in a non-speaking role in every episode in the background somewhere, and at the end She-Ra revealed where he was if you missed it).

Honestly if there was ever a show to utilize this ultra-feminizing art style, She-Ra is it. Furthermore, it's fairly close to the original, especially if you're comparing Thundercats original to the much-maligned Thundercats GO! coming soon. The producers seem like a match made in heaven, Lumberjanes is a shit comic and Steven Universe's executive producer will love rubbing natural-to-artificial gashes with each other.

Not every show needs to be a culture war, She-Ra is meant to be a barely-fleshed out feminized story to the worlds you imagine 80's metal album art was trying to penetrate. Let it be the pink gay D&D it was meant to be.

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
You should have seen the original She-Ra, haha.
I honestly don't mind, and I was a fan of the original(such that I enjoyed the hide-and-seek element of LooKee being hidden in a non-speaking role in every episode in the background somewhere, and at the end She-Ra revealed where he was if you missed it).

Honestly if there was ever a show to utilize this ultra-feminizing art style, She-Ra is it. Furthermore, it's fairly close to the original, especially if you're comparing Thundercats original to the much-maligned Thundercats GO! coming soon. The producers seem like a match made in heaven, Lumberjanes is a shit comic and Steven Universe's executive producer will love rubbing natural-to-artificial gashes with each other.

Not every show needs to be a culture war, She-Ra is meant to be a barely-fleshed out feminized story to the worlds you imagine 80's metal album art was trying to penetrate. Let it be the pink gay D&D it was meant to be.
I remember when She-Ra came out. They kept saying it was for girls, but I still preferred He-Man because he was cooler. The only She-Ra episode I remember was one where she helped cat people that talked in cat puns. Even at 6 I thought it was stupid.

I will give the original one thing, She-Ra did look bad ass. This new one not so much, but I don't think it will last long anyway. It seems reboots of cartoons rarely do. Just look at the He-Man reboot and that one looked a lot better.

Tags
None