She-Ra and the Princess of Power - sjw bad animation reboot of shera

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
edit: Owl House is a bit better but it has a similar problem because the more the show focuses on Amity's feelings for Luz, the less she becomes her own character. Remember how she was bullying her "best friend" throughout their childhoods "for her own good", yet she gets conveniently forgiven off-screen because she's Luz' "awesome girlfriend" now? She calls Willow and Gus her "friends" but we never see them doing anything together? Once again a lesbian character faces no consequences for treating people like crap because "that would be problematic, lgbtkkk🌈 is absolutely perfect and can do no wrong uwu #RainbowEntitlement ".
I do think lesbians are next on the purity spiral and I think the hilarity on the internet may be better than when the gays were told "but you're still a man and therefore problematic" because they'll not be as prepared for it.

The amount of lesbians I've seen online in the wake of MeToo and its ilk discussing how men are predatory due to things like being older than the women they target, more successful, established within the social circle involved etc. while they themselves are also being guilty of the exact same shit is extensive and none of them seem to have realised that they're next on the list.

Amity's going to be problematic in a decade at most.

Skipjack-o-lantern

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
I do think lesbians are next on the purity spiral and I think the hilarity on the internet may be better than when the gays were told "but you're still a man and therefore problematic" because they'll not be as prepared for it.

The amount of lesbians I've seen online in the wake of MeToo and its ilk discussing how men are predatory due to things like being older than the women they target, more successful, established within the social circle involved etc. while they themselves are also being guilty of the exact same shit is extensive and none of them seem to have realised that they're next on the list.

They're already well on their way thanks to the trans movement. Suck the girldick or you're a TERF, bigot! You can't even look up tips for lesbian sex anymore without being reminded that not ALL women have vulvas!!! Lesbians can get pregnant from sex too!!! The thing is that no one has come for actual bad parts of the "wlw" community like Hayley Kiyoko, shippers, and their ilk. Between death threats over RWBY characters, treating women like trophies to wrench away from men, and cheering on the idea of "converting" straight women (read: sexual assault), I can only imagine the kind of turbo-drama that happens within these circles. I've even created a warning system. It's like DEFCON, but we call it BICON, because let's be real here. BICON 5 is harmless, BICON 1 is an imminent danger (I've recently added a special BICON 0 category for ILJ: the BIohazard). For more examples, Noelle's wife is a somewhere between a 3 (spiteful) and 2 (abusive) while Dana Terrace is a 4 (intrusive).

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
They're already well on their way thanks to the trans movement. Suck the girldick or you're a TERF, bigot! You can't even look up tips for lesbian sex anymore without being reminded that not ALL women have vulvas!!! Lesbians can get pregnant from sex too!!! The thing is that no one has come for actual bad parts of the "wlw" community like Hayley Kiyoko, shippers, and their ilk. Between death threats over RWBY characters, treating women like trophies to wrench away from men, and cheering on the idea of "converting" straight women (read: sexual assault), I can only imagine the kind of turbo-drama that happens within these circles. I've even created a warning system. It's like DEFCON, but we call it BICON, because let's be real here. BICON 5 is harmless, BICON 1 is an imminent danger (I've recently added a special BICON 0 category for ILJ: the BIohazard). For more examples, Noelle's wife is a somewhere between a 3 (spiteful) and 2 (abusive) while Dana Terrace is a 4 (intrusive).
Yeah the trans movement has a massive amount of immediate catch 22s for lesbians (accept these things or you're a bigot and therefore a fair target). Those I think at this point they have accepted and those willing to go trans are in that camp and the rest are negotiating with the TERFs.

What's going to be the hit is when they get treated to the same shit people have been targeting cis men for which is on the horizon and which they will largely have no grounding in defending themselves against. A predatory woman is a definition largely used for those targeting literal children. When it gets used as widely as the predatory men label does the majority of women will have no idea how to begin to react.

Like the BICON gauge and unfortunately know a number of 4s and 3s in real life alas. Though given the lack of 2s I should consider myself lucky.

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net

Yeah the trans movement has a massive amount of immediate catch 22s for lesbians (accept these things or you're a bigot and therefore a fair target). Those I think at this point they have accepted and those willing to go trans are in that camp and the rest are negotiating with the TERFs.

What's going to be the hit is when they get treated to the same shit people have been targeting cis men for which is on the horizon and which they will largely have no grounding in defending themselves against. A predatory woman is a definition largely used for those targeting literal children. When it gets used as widely as the predatory men label does the majority of women will have no idea how to begin to react.

Like the BICON gauge and unfortunately know a number of 4s and 3s in real life alas. Though given the lack of 2s I should consider myself lucky.
Feminists are no longer that useful as a marketing scheme, but how likely is any of that going to happen? Will lesbians get the shirt end, too?

FreedomMussel

kiwifarms.net
I imagine almost all the queer relationships in recent and current cartoons will be eventually viewed as problematic once the novelty has worn off. For both valid and bullshit reasons.

"Korrasami was a last minute hookup." "Catradora was child abuse." "Shiro's boyfriend was introduced only to be killed off immediately, plus another last minute hookup with a nameless extra." "Alucard's supposed friends raped his cherry." "Howard and Harold McBride are minor background characters." "Networks censor gay characters because they want to profit off homophobic countries."

Disheartening, no?

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
I imagine almost all the queer relationships in recent and current cartoons will be eventually viewed as problematic once the novelty has worn off. For both valid and bullshit reasons.

"Korrasami was a last minute hookup." "Catradora was child abuse." "Shiro's boyfriend was introduced only to be killed off immediately, plus another last minute hookup with a nameless extra." "Alucard's supposed friends raped his cherry." "Howard and Harold McBride are minor background characters." "Networks censor gay characters because they want to profit off homophobic countries."

Disheartening, no?
That last one is kind of true. Definitely seen smatterings of the rest.

Queen of cats

kiwifarms.net
These sorts of people don't understand negative emotions in general. I can't entirely hold it against them; you have to remember that from a young age, they've been taught that there's good in everyone, no one is past redemption, and all it takes is figuring out the right catalyst to turn someone's entire life/personality around to being Good. It's hilariously naïve and childish, but like any road to hell, it comes from a good place. The problem is when someone gets a front-row seat to the unintended consequences of this redemptionist mentality, via those who would gleefully exploit and abuse well-meaning retards without a moment's heasitation, and learn absolutely nothing from it. Pointing out that "how can people choose to be wicked when given no reason to be so?" is, in essence, the same thorny conundrum as "how can an omniscient and omnipotent deity allow suffering to exist?" (by way of being wholly contradictory to your system of belief) never helps, even if it enables the same behavior.

You can't write a warrior if you are wholly incapable of beginning to understand its mindset.

Actually it's not even that in my opinion. It's that a lot of this writters fundamentally misunderstand the purpose of redemption. A lot of genuinely rotten people have no motivation to change because they have environments and people that ultimately don't punish and sometimes reward there bullshit and enable them to act out in shitty ways because they manage to find suckers to do so or have the system rigged, so no bother trying to appease those or bothering to see the good in him ( winch I think many short hand to humanity. No I can still acknowledge Some one is human but still want them to choke) . In order for a true redemption arc to be done this needs to be stripped away and the person or character needs to suffer through the change. It isn't just karma, it isn't just vindication to the audience; it makes perfect for them once they have been beaten down or put in a position where they are no longer powerful to face the consequences of their actions. A lot of writers can't bring themselves to genuinely "hate" their characters but in the case they are written to be redeemed also give them enough grace for them to stumble around and reach their goal. If this isn't gotten across the body of work, it is sloppy and Naïve at best to problematic and annoying at worse.

Of course one could argue that there's stuff one can't fix with an apology and truly a lot of people in real life have to cope with the outcome of their actions for years and eventually find a way to deal with it / cope with the guilt so showing this can also be pretty realistic dare I say.

Basically yes people can be " redeemed" it's just a long process that's not a sea of roses and a lot of this writters are either too emotionally exceptional or weaksauce to really commit to it.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Actually it's not even that in my opinion. It's that a lot of this writters fundamentally misunderstand the purpose of redemption. A lot of genuinely rotten people have no motivation to change because they have environments and people that ultimately don't punish and sometimes reward there bullshit and enable them to act out in shitty ways because they manage to find suckers to do so or have the system rigged, so no bother trying to appease those or bothering to see the good in him ( winch I think many short hand to humanity. No I can still acknowledge Some one is human but still want them to choke) . In order for a true redemption arc to be done this needs to be stripped away and the person or character needs to suffer through the change. It isn't just karma, it isn't just vindication to the audience; it makes perfect for them once they have been beaten down or put in a position where they are no longer powerful to face the consequences of their actions. A lot of writers can't bring themselves to genuinely "hate" their characters but in the case they are written to be redeemed also give them enough grace for them to stumble around and reach their goal. If this isn't gotten across the body of work, it is sloppy and Naïve at best to problematic and annoying at worse.

Of course one could argue that there's stuff one can't fix with an apology and truly a lot of people in real life have to cope with the outcome of their actions for years and eventually find a way to deal with it / cope with the guilt so showing this can also be pretty realistic dare I say.

Basically yes people can be " redeemed" it's just a long process that's not a sea of roses and a lot of this writters are either too emotionally exceptional or weaksauce to really commit to it.
Redemption is a tricky thing to implement, especially in shows that try to accomplish a lot (sometimes arguably too much) in a limited amount of time. I think the three keys to making a redemption actually palatable are:

- Removing them from power. Obviously. They can't have their cake and eat it too
- Understanding what they've done and actually feeling remorse for their actions
- Coming to terms with the fact that just because they're trying doesn't mean they'll be welcomed into the fold. Not every redeemed character needs to have tea and crumpets with the good guys.

Ideally this is done over a long period of time (let's say a season or so), but modern cartoons like to hypercharge the emotions to speed this process up. I'm not entirely convinced it's the right method, but so long as their actions aren't condoned by anyone it doesn't actively annoy me.

Queen of cats

kiwifarms.net
Redemption is a tricky thing to implement, especially in shows that try to accomplish a lot (sometimes arguably too much) in a limited amount of time. I think the three keys to making a redemption actually palatable are:

- Removing them from power. Obviously. They can't have their cake and eat it too
- Understanding what they've done and actually feeling remorse for their actions
- Coming to terms with the fact that just because they're trying doesn't mean they'll be welcomed into the fold. Not every redeemed character needs to have tea and crumpets with the good guys.

Ideally this is done over a long period of time (let's say a season or so), but modern cartoons like to hypercharge the emotions to speed this process up. I'm not entirely convinced it's the right method, but so long as their actions aren't condoned by anyone it doesn't actively annoy me.
Yup; you pretty much share my thoughts actually! I'm strangely passionate about redemption since I think when it's well done it's strangely very touching/ life affirming

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net

Disheartening, no?
I'll add a few.
  • "Jenny" by Studio Killers is about a femcel ruining her best friend's relationship because she's too gay to function and gets rewarded for it.
  • Jackie from Star Vs. made too much sense being with Marco so the writers ship her to France and ship her back home complete with her very own token black girlfriend. no tomboy is safe
  • Never finished OK KO but I heard there was last minute lesbos in that. Would they count?
  • Pearl and Rose Diamond........goddamn.
The list will go on.

Seeing this review from the Tanners shows that Teela is becoming as likable as reboot-Catra.
Another show I'm glad I watched one episode of and dropped it like a penny in a well. 🚬

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Removing them from power. Obviously. They can't have their cake and eat it too
Eh. I'm ok with them keeping power so long as its used for good. Having the bad guy "lose it all" is an easy, natural way for the story to go, but I've really enjoyed a few stories where the redemption comes from working to undo the issues caused by themselves (e.g. Ruroni Kenshin) or their families (e.g. Your Throne).
There are just some things you can't do without money or power.
"Jenny" by Studio Killers
c14f4080455af9ad26dca041d871b47033a0ceaa.png

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Eh. I'm ok with them keeping power so long as its used for good. Having the bad guy "lose it all" is an easy, natural way for the story to go, but I've really enjoyed a few stories where the redemption comes from working to undo the issues caused by themselves (e.g. Ruroni Kenshin) or their families (e.g. Your Throne).
There are just some things you can't do without money or power.

I guess "power" in my sense meant control over the ones they've hurt/controlled. I'm fine with them using their abilities/resources to help others.