She-Ra and the Princess of Power - sjw bad animation reboot of shera

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I've yet to watch a full episode of this reboot. The fanbase alone is enough for me to step away.

That said, I watched a clip of "the kiss" out of curiosity, since people have lost their shit over it.

They absolutely ripped off the final episode of Revolutionary Girl Utena (a show with a plethora of queer characters that's actually awesome and doesn't have these types of characters for the sole purpose of pandering). It's fine to pay homage, but damn ... Maybe you shouldn't almost trace the same exact storyboards and pass it off as original?

And, Korra, Voltron, Steven Universe - just to name a few.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People defending Catradora:
2C46D9A1-318C-45FE-8F7B-508C1A03B9E2.jpeg1F54B850-7CEC-460F-BAC5-8F148762F9EC.jpegC92F69EB-956A-4F63-B6ED-A09DE9FA8E76.jpegA45FCA35-5C5B-4E51-AE2A-6CC3B7B20A4B.jpeg4ACB2766-A715-4294-B4D3-8FB84E34A522.jpeg7AE59DE3-FF64-45F1-9D1D-46D593E1E208.jpeg617A3250-38C4-445A-A3C4-ABE8FEDA169E.jpeg4AC02EF7-A0A7-4F4D-9737-554745760317.jpeg0E25F832-DCAA-4339-87B2-E9AFA3EF6B8B.jpegD40497E8-A8BF-4E9C-AFB4-4F4F4F92F2DC.jpeg

Surprisingly, there’s quite a few tweets out there that point out the flaws of Catra getting into a romantic relationship as well. Like I said, I’m not against it, I’m more against the execution of the story arc. Noelle could have written it better, but instead it’s rushed and doesn’t make sense the more you think about it.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1308552View attachment 1308553View attachment 1308554View attachment 1308555View attachment 1308556View attachment 1308557View attachment 1308558View attachment 1308559View attachment 1308560View attachment 1308561

Surprisingly, there’s quite a few tweets out there that point out the flaws of Catra getting into a romantic relationship as well. Like I said, I’m not against it, I’m more against the execution of the story arc. Noelle could have written it better, but instead it’s rushed and doesn’t make sense the more you think about it.
It basically encourages you to forgive and forget an abuser so long as they're gay. That's it.

Private Pyle

Be gay, do crimes.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1308552View attachment 1308553View attachment 1308554View attachment 1308555View attachment 1308556View attachment 1308557View attachment 1308558View attachment 1308559View attachment 1308560View attachment 1308561

It’s less defending and more yelling at people to shut up about their lesbian ships and making some very poor excuses. I said it once and I’ll say it again; being this devoted to a fictional relationship in a mediocre Netflix cartoon is not healthy and if you’re getting this angry over it, maybe you should log off the internet and go outside. Not to mention given how dismissive they’re being to anyone who dares give criticism, I can never take another “X ship is abusive/problematic/toxic” post seriously ever again.
I have to wonder if we’ll get a serious study on the psychology of dedicated shippers.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1309387
Another proof that shipping is the major thing in SPOP (despite no romantic plotlines in first 3/4 of the show). This is a picture mage to celebrate show's ending, also everybody wear dresses, because stupid gender norms. And Kyle and Lizard man seems to be in threesome relationship with Lonnie too.
This pic reminds me of how sad this version Hordak is. He only make real damage when Catra is in charge, gets defeated and knocked down from his position from Catra and even cries. I don't care if it's toxic masculinity, but Hordak shouldn't cry.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1309387
Another proof that shipping is the major thing in SPOP (despite no romantic plotlines in first 3/4 of the show). This is a picture mage to celebrate show's ending, also everybody wear dresses, because stupid gender norms. And Kyle and Lizard man seems to be in threesome relationship with Lonnie too.
they found a way to ruin the only ship I liked ew

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
This pic reminds me of how sad this version Hordak is. He only make real damage when Catra is in charge, gets defeated and knocked down from his position from Catra and even cries. I don't care if it's toxic masculinity, but Hordak shouldn't cry.
"He just realized he lost his only friend due to a misunderstanding because he's a self-hating dumbass who thinks he doesn't deserve friendship whaaaaaa"
yeah, I agree it was bad. Even though I like the ship I'd sacrifice it for a better show.

It's funny how everyone's mental issues in this show got solved as soon as they found love 🌈

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
It's funny how everyone's mental issues in this show got solved as soon as they found love 🌈
Which is funny, since they crow about how they're so realistically portraying relationships and mental illness. While yeah, being loved definitely can help someone struggling with mental issues, anyone who's had them can say for certain that it doesn't immediately solve them and make them 100% sane and normal and happy again. It just doesn't work like that. You need a lot more than finding love in order to climb that mountain.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Which is funny, since they crow about how they're so realistically portraying relationships and mental illness. While yeah, being loved definitely can help someone struggling with mental issues, anyone who's had them can say for certain that it doesn't immediately solve them and make them 100% sane and normal and happy again. It just doesn't work like that. You need a lot more than finding love in order to climb that mountain.
The more radical LGBTQers and trans people have a mindset where if only X is done, then all of their problems will be solved! (With X being finding acceptance, falling in love, rearranging their genitals, defeating the haters, passing/repealing a law, etc. etc.) It's almost like they're children who think that getting their immediate demands met will make everything better and that life being tough and nuanced and complex is unfair. It's one of the reasons why I think Nerd/Shipping Culture, SJWism and fan toxicity are problems relating to Arrested Social Development.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
The more radical LGBTQers and trans people have a mindset where if only X is done, then all of their problems will be solved! (With X being finding acceptance, falling in love, rearranging their genitals, defeating the haters, passing/repealing a law, etc. etc.) It's almost like they're children who think that getting their immediate demands met will make everything better and that life being tough and nuanced and complex is unfair. It's one of the reasons why I think Nerd/Shipping Culture, SJWism and fan toxicity are problems relating to Arrested Social Development.
Which is funny, because it's not hard to imagine that the worst any of them could do to find love is stalk somebody. Or, heaven forbid, end up as these fuckers!
tory-ojeda-polyamory-SCREENSHOT-363x193.jpg

LuthienTinuviel

I'm a feminist: I hate all genders equally
kiwifarms.net
Which is funny, because it's not hard to imagine that the worst any of them could do to find love is stalk somebody. Or, heaven forbid, end up as these fuckers! View attachment 1310082
... I've never seen so many beta males in one picture. Then again, there wasn't an IT department at the university I attended.

orelpuppington

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, catra works as a villain, not a protagonist or redeemed villain. I liked her when she was an awful piece of shit but they didnt try to make her look like a woobie who did nothing wrong.

and the writers really do only care about ships, which shows in the actual cartoon. if you care about ships that much write a romance show, not something thats supposed to be plot motivated

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, catra works as a villain, not a protagonist or redeemed villain. I liked her when she was an awful piece of shit but they didnt try to make her look like a woobie who did nothing wrong.

and the writers really do only care about ships, which shows in the actual cartoon. if you care about ships that much write a romance show, not something thats supposed to be plot motivated
This makes me appreciate the Ducktales reboot even more since team for that one doesn't give a damn about the shippers.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
This makes me appreciate the Ducktales reboot even more since team for that one doesn't give a damn about the shippers.
Is it woke, though? Not by much, but I haven't really watched it after the first season ended. At least the boys' mom wasn't forgiven too quickly and was rightly marked as a bad parent. Not that Delia herself is a bad person. Just... irresponsible.

Tags
None