Catradora's realistic development:

Horde Prime: You wanna fuck Adora
Catra: I don't
Horde Prime: You do
Catra: omg I do *spends the rest of the season angsting*

Shadow Weaver: You wanna fuck Catra
Adora: I don't
Shadow Weaver: You do
Adora: omg I do *suddenly becomes insecure and loses her powers just so Catra could save her*

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
Or the fandom is really autistic and everyone is following each other, thus increasing the likes
If there's one thing I know about WLW fanatics on cartoons, it's that they're all drawn to one another if they're autistic enough to screech about it on online social media.

It's vocal minority trying super hard to make themselves majority.

Which also makes the whole counter argument of "hUrR VoCaL MiNoRiTy oNlY" to be stupidly redundant.

All it takes is a spark to start a domino effect and they know it.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If there's one thing I know about WLW fanatics on cartoons, it's that they're all drawn to one another if they're autistic enough to screech about it on online social media.

It's vocal minority trying super hard to make themselves majority.

Which also makes the whole counter argument of "hUrR VoCaL MiNoRiTy oNlY" to be stupidly redundant.

All it takes is a spark to start a domino effect and they know it.
If someone just took that Catradora abusive relationship post from Tumblr and posted it on Twitter with She-Ra hashtags, the fandom would go ballistic.

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
If someone just took that Catradora abusive relationship post from Tumblr and posted it on Twitter with She-Ra hashtags, the fandom would go ballistic.
You know what would be amusing? Have these wlw fanatics go after one another in real life outside and then let them rip each other's throats out over obsession of fictional cartoon characters' relationships just so the whole world watches at the explosion of their own lunacy, if only to show just how fucking insane and beyond autistic the fanbase truly is.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
They aren't even self-aware lmao
View attachment 1311201
Reminder: If Catra was a man, feminists would be howling to the heavens that this normalized abuse and misogyny. These are the same feminists that condemn old movies where men, in the heat of passion, forcefully kiss women. More proof that SJWs will push an agenda at all costs, overlooking things they would declare to be immoral if their enemies were doing it.

IdaRita

draw problematic pretty ppl
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of taking "inspiration" from other media:
View attachment 1310926View attachment 1310927
Also I'm wondering how many of the rabid Catradora shippers are actually even lesbians. They say it's all about "rep" but I'm willing to bet most of them are either troons or straight girls larping as them.
I have mixed feelings here - when you look at both screens, resemblance is uncanny, but on the other hand, it's very generic scene idea?

That article on fandom website... I give them credit to talking about other aspects of the show than LESBIANS.
but "kids can handle darker themes"... compare it to Infinity Train. She-Ra had some more dramatic moments like most shows aimed for older kids do, thats all.

And I facepalmed at her "deconstruction" of chosen one/destiny plotline. Because being chosen for important mission is sometimes hard thing and big responsibility. It's not like most of the stories are aware of it, no, Noelle invented it!

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
I have mixed feelings here - when you look at both screens, resemblance is uncanny, but on the other hand, it's very generic scene idea?

That article on fandom website... I give them credit to talking about other aspects of the show than LESBIANS.
but "kids can handle darker themes"... compare it to Infinity Train. She-Ra had some more dramatic moments like most shows aimed for older kids do, thats all.

And I facepalmed at her "deconstruction" of chosen one/destiny plotline. Because being chosen for important mission is sometimes hard thing and big responsibility. It's not like most of the stories are aware of it, no, Noelle invented it!
yeah how exactly did she subvert the chosen one narrative when Adora still had to sacrifice herself and it was something she chose to do?
What am I missing

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Been passively exposed to this thanks to a kid who watches it, and it's not even up for debate. This remake is hot, steaming garbage that lacks any of the simple enjoyment the original possessed and will likely be forgotten over time as a poor man's Avatar/Korra ripoff.

No really, it's such a lame show that prostrates itself on the altar of progression I can't even see it standing out amidst all the other woke media bullshit.

I've yet to watch a full episode of this reboot. The fanbase alone is enough for me to step away.

That said, I watched a clip of "the kiss" out of curiosity, since people have lost their shit over it.

They absolutely ripped off the final episode of Revolutionary Girl Utena (a show with a plethora of queer characters that's actually awesome and doesn't have these types of characters for the sole purpose of pandering). It's fine to pay homage, but damn ... Maybe you shouldn't almost trace the same exact storyboards and pass it off as original?

Reminder that Steven Universe is so shamelessly egregious in its ripoffs of better content that it might as well be renamed to Fat Boy Evangelion.

The West (and the Left to an extent) simply don't know how to properly pay homage without pilfering the source. That's the long and short of it.

Last edited:

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
The fact that Adora and Catra are adoptive sisters just makes this tweet that much creepier.
These same people will attack similar ships with the same set up as incest yet give Catradora a pass and act offended if you bring it up. As you can see, hypocrisy is a reoccurring theme in this thread.

Yeah, she’s full of shit regarding darker themes; SPOP is literally the same plots continued from the 80s only even less engaging.
And again, what is the obsession with deconstruction? How did deconstructing anything help the plot or story?

Tags
None