She-Ra and the Princess of Power - sjw bad animation reboot of shera

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
And again, what is the obsession with deconstruction? How did deconstructing anything help the plot or story?
Because hack writers look at actual good deconstructions like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Madoka Magika and come to the conclusion that they need to deconstruct older genres, tropes and storylines in order to stay relevant in current year and stand out, rather than just playing genre conventions straight, because that's been done a million times before. The problem is that it requires a certain level of writing ability and keen interest/knowledge of what you are deconstructing to do it well. Most writers today lack both of those.

Automaton

kiwifarms.net
I have mixed feelings here - when you look at both screens, resemblance is uncanny, but on the other hand, it's very generic scene idea?
I understand your skepticism, let me break down why it looks like such a glaring rip-off to me:
  • Hercules is emerging from the depths of the underworld after powering up (with the power of love) to save Megara from the big bad -> Adora is emerging from ??? after powering up (with the power of love) to save Catra from the big bad.
  • Catra is being held in the exact limp-fish pose Megara is, just mirrored.
  • Adora is standing in the same stance, with the same stern expression and is framed by the shot almost exactly as the original.
  • The giant halo around Adora is 100% lifting from the original shot.
And for those wondering what scene is suspiciously remniscent of Revolutionary Girl Utena, even the Tumblr kinnies are taking note of it so here you go:

1590168701300.png

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I heard once that Mattel has been acquiring the rights of She-Ra back from DreamWorks. Is there a source, or is that just a rumor?

We can only hope.
I specifically mentioned it to be a rumor I heard. I've been trying to find a reliable source for it, but so far have come up empty. It'd be helpful if anybody has at least an idea.

Last edited:

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
With how much stuff is said to be a "deconstruction" it makes me wonder what truly counts as one any more.
The magical girl genre long been a hard genre to "deconstruct" as it been equally dark (not to the point of grimdark) as well as light. Except nobody does any research so all of the modern "deconstructions" keep ending up as darkier, and edgier grimderp.

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
With how much stuff is said to be a "deconstruction" it makes me wonder what truly counts as one any more.
You can only de-construct so much before you're left with a pile of rubble.
Which is what these hacks want since without the foundation they busted, they can rebuild it in their image.
jmanrestorelol.jpg

I heard once that Mattel has been acquiring the rights of She-Ra back from DreamWorks. Is there a source, or is that just a rumor?
It's unknown because Mattel is really hurting for cash and probably can't afford it now. (Apparently fans complained about the show's toys because Glimmer was skinny.) If all Dreamworks' She-Ra did was give feminists new fap material and make no money, the upcoming He-Man is Mattel's only hope so they can make MotU popular again, get She-Ra back and pretend this never happened. (the only ones making money off NuShe-Ra is the fanartists with shipper merchandise.)

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
If all Dreamworks' She-Ra did was give feminists new fap material and make no money, the upcoming He-Man is Mattel's only hope so they can make MotU popular again, get She-Ra back and pretend this never happened. (the only ones making money off NuShe-Ra is the fanartists with shipper merchandise.)
Go woke, go broke. As they say.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
The problem really with this series is that it barely tries, like at all. It just piggybacks and coattails what other series have done previously, or try to cram in as much "trendy" content that thinks will make the series popular. But it barely works to bring in their own original content.

When I said that it feels like a tumblr blog turned into a series, I wasn't exagerating much, since it seems to have all the stuff Tumblr blogs cream themselves over: lesbians, "le deep deconstruction", remake of old IP with new woke coatpaint, anime references up the wazoo, that dumbass "redemption arc" cause tumblr has an autistic boner with Zuko...And it just makes me think Noelle just put all the stuff she liked on her tumblr to make her show more "appealing".

I'm surprised the lack of MCU/Marvel references tho, Noelle got famous in tumblr particularly for making dumb doodles mocking the movies.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tasteful even during lockdowns. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Where did they get that exceptional idea? I'm fine with this version being a lesbian, but shouldn't pronouns used in the show be canon?
It seems like nuShe-Ra is following in Disney's footsteps in that they've declared Star Wars canon doesn't have to be consistent with itself. As an example, the last few episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars have events that clearly contradict those in a previously-released novel. However, both are considered canon despite the glaring inconsistencies.

pronouns are free game.
This isn't surprising, unfortunately. It's like this in real life with NB and other SJW folks changing their pronouns to be whatever they want with the onus on everyone around them to always know, use, and respect them.

Calling Catra "he", however, makes it seem more like Catra is supposed to be transgendered than Adora's lesbian lover. 🤷‍♂️

Oddly enough, random browsing the other day led me to view an original She-Ra episode where Catra was the lead villain and rightfully portrayed as cold and ruthless. As others have said, the 80's series had its share of flaws and era-specific limitations. However, the writers seemed to put more effort into telling a story than the details that didn't and shouldn't matter. In that regard, the original will always be head and shoulders above the reboot.

Tags
None