She-Ra and the Princess of Power - sjw bad animation reboot of shera

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Oddly enough, random browsing the other day led me to view an original She-Ra episode where Catra was the lead villain and rightfully portrayed as cold and ruthless. As others have said, the 80's series had its share of flaws and era-specific limitations. However, the writers seemed to put more effort into telling a story than the details that didn't and shouldn't matter. In that regard, the original will always be head and shoulders above the reboot.
Heck, the 80s cartoon had Hordak burning books and forcing people into slavery.

i wish they just made double trouble a guy. would have been the only male character who wasn't a huge pushover and actually got shit done
Or wasn't an airhead who makes things worse like Seahawk. (I'm still annoyed with how they ruined a great character.)

Bambi Sammich

kiwifarms.net
I don't want to post something thats already been posted. But has anyone seen Riley Dennis' really awful praise video of the final season. It's hilarious how she thinks Catra's redemption arc is good and that CatraxAdora is valid.

I can accept at a stretch Catra's redemption but the romance came out of nowhere. For 4 seasons Adora didn't give a damn about Catra. She only cared when Catra saved her actual girlfriend, Glimmer.

Also its gross because they were raised together like siblings and both saw Shadow Weaver as a mother figure. Catra is JEALOUS of the motherly affection Shadow gives Adora...I don't think this is a romantic relationship.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I can accept at a stretch Catra's redemption but the romance came out of nowhere. For 4 seasons Adora didn't give a damn about Catra. She only cared when Catra saved her actual girlfriend, Glimmer.
This makes me wonder how the fandom, espeically that catdora shippers, would react if Noelle went with the Adora x Glimmer pairing. I guess on one hand, they'd be happy its a lesbian pairing, but on the other its not THEIR lesbians.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
They wouldn't care. a Lesbian ship is a lesbian ship.

Speaking of lesbians does anyone have an answer for why Noelle couldn't find anything for Netossa and Spinerella to do? In the end all they did was beat each other up, which apparently is very common for lesbians.
I think Noelle thought that having lesbians was all that was needed and the praise and awards would come piling in.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know who else was a he/him lesbian?

In all seriousness, though, the very concept of a “he/him lesbian” is oxymoronic.
I'm not going to say I called it, but I called it. I guarantee you there is going to be an official tweet down the line about whatever the hell catra is transitioning.

It's just funny because the people who are so dedicated to destroying gender norms see a chick with short hair and no tits and go, nope they are definitely a trans male.

I still love that harry was able to peer into the future on this short. It's always surprised me that he never got to be a show runner he has the skills and the sense of comedy for it.

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to say I called it, but I called it. I guarantee you there is going to be an official tweet down the line about whatever the hell catra is transitioning.

It's just funny because the people who are so dedicated to destroying gender norms see a chick with short hair and no tits and go, nope they are definitely a trans male.

I still love that harry was able to peer into the future on this short. It's always surprised me that he never got to be a show runner he has the skills and the sense of comedy for it.
But if they do make Catra a ftm tranny, then her relationship with Adora is now straight.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net

He's an icky white male who loves boobs, and likes to poke fun at sacred cows, including the SJW ones. There's no way a professional animation company is letting him anywhere near a popular cartoon.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought they wanted to be recognized both by sex and gender. Wouldn't a ftm be insulted if you considered their relationship with a woman gay?
You and I have been on the SJW art thread long enough to know the people making these decisions don't care whether or not their decisions would offend anyone in the demographics they are trying to appeal to. To them it just an ability to check off the tranny box and the lesbian box at the same time damn the consequences.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
You and I have been on the SJW art thread long enough to know the people making these decisions don't care whether or not their decisions would offend anyone in the demographics they are trying to appeal to. To them it just an ability to check off the tranny box and the lesbian box at the same time damn the consequences.
Then have their silly supporters defend it.

• Agree
Reactions: Robert James

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does this person know how uncomfortable those have to be to wear while doing any heavy physical activity like fighting? Besides, Catra isn't that flat.
Also, Catra seems fine with showing off some curves:
B0327C9F-2A55-480A-ABBC-E12FBF52A96F.jpeg
Seriously, a corset would probably be more comfortable to fight in than a binder. On top of restricting movement, binders limit lung capacity, which is really bad for doing combat.

Why can’t these fans just accept Catra as a woman? These SJWs are doing more to erase womanhood than any chauvinist ever could (since the insanity goes beyond fictional characters).

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
Also, Catra seems fine with showing off some curves:
View attachment 1315658
Seriously, a corset would probably be more comfortable to fight in than a binder. On top of restricting movement, binders limit lung capacity, which is really bad for doing combat.

Why can’t these fans just accept Catra as a woman? These SJWs are doing more to erase womanhood than any chauvinist ever could (since the insanity goes beyond fictional characters).
I think that in their own way they hate womanhood, femininity, and conventional beauty.

Tags
None