She-Ra's Noelle Stevenson sets Lumberjanes series for HBO Max -

dialeck

kiwifarms.net
I was in the prime demographic to read Lumberjanes when it came out and I was frustrated with how bland it was even as a middle schooler. It might translate better into animation but I do not have my hopes up.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
The source material won an eisner award? Truly will Eisner rolls in his grave. Frank millers the spirit was less insulting to his life's work

The Shadow

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
kiwifarms.net
/co/ nerds. I've seen Lumberjanes on comic store shelves, never read it. I guess women and women that think they're little girls will have yet another franchise to worship under and not be bored as they follow their smelly boyfriends to comic-con 2021 hoping to find merch and voice actors to sign said merch?

I don't think so. It's what's floated to the top of the churn of Tumblr; an unrelated sisterhood of girls in a summer camp/girl scout angle, with Gravity Falls-tier paranormal happenings. It's very wordy in an inter-personal way on thumbing through it, with a page or two of Bigfoot or magical sprites or some shit leaving you on a cliffhanger for the next issue, and you're breadcrumbed along for another few issues if they were lucky.

View attachment 1647648

EDIT: Because absolutely no one requested it, here is your unwanted and unwelcome storytime of random issue #49:
You now have a cursory taste of the franchise and can summarize/shit on it to others. If you secretly want to read it in earnest with your 10 yr. old niece/daughter/egg or you're a fag, then you can read the 70-odd issues here for free.
And we wonder why Manga is totally bodying American comics.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
Stevenson is like the most psyopped creator, no one cared about her until she was psyopped hard enough she got an 80s reboot show. Her much ballyhooed webcomic, Nimona was one of those things that exists for industry people to pretend to like and no other reason, one of those things where everyone was suddenly the world's biggest fan of this thing no one cared about before, like Tuca & Bertie.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Stevenson is like the most psyopped creator, no one cared about her until she was psyopped hard enough she got an 80s reboot show. Her much ballyhooed webcomic, Nimona was one of those things that exists for industry people to pretend to like and no other reason, one of those things where everyone was suddenly the world's biggest fan of this thing no one cared about before, like Tuca & Bertie.
I've heard T+B is at least entertaining. I never even heard of Nicole before She-Ra.