Shen/Owlturd & Ian Miles Cheong Hatchet-Burying Reactions - Never forgive, never forget.

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiman

pink pastel equine enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure by now plenty of Kiwis here are aware of shen / owlturd. If you don't, he's probably most well known for the bike cuck meme started by him back in November.

People who view Shen's twitter generally describe him as a very nice person, knowing how to turn any negative into a positive. He takes criticism well and wants to change for the better, but he can admittedly be a pushover.

Recently, Shen and Ian Miles Cheong, a conservative writer for Heatstreet, had a friendly interaction with each other. Shen said he wanted to "bury the hatchet" with him.
upload_2018-1-22_4-1-15.png

Shen said:
Hey dudes, to be clear, I'm not a gamergate guy or a right wing reactionary or anything like that. I got an email from a game dev expressing concern about my seemingly friendly interaction with IMC, but the reason I replied to him is that he and I have had some personal clashes in the past, and I wanted to "bury the hatchet," on a personal level. Please don't take it to mean approval. I've read Zoe's book -- I know what gamergate was, and who it created. Should have chosen my words better, my bad.
https://tweetsave.com/shenanigansen/status/954701561992802304

This sparked controversy on both sides. The "right" were concerned that Shen was buying into Zoe Quinn's side of the gamergate story. The other side is furious that Shen dared interacted with Ian without writing "ants" and shitting himself.

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-39-29.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-39-39.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-43-43.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-47-48.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-49-14.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_02-56-56.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-37-06.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-38-09.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-39-17.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-39-36.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-40-04.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-52-02.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-54-55.png

vivaldi_2018-01-22_03-57-03.png

Shen said:
I'm sorry for scaring people, and sorry if I scared you. It didn't register as a significant thing in my mind, because it was just a personal thing for me, but then I got a twitter notification that some breitbart editor followed me and thought "wow, I fucked up huh."
https://tweetsave.com/shenanigansen/status/954722895867072512

As seen in the earlier screenshots, Shen is being accused of being friends with Ian and accepting his views, when that's not the case at all.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Any argument that has to invoke forced memes like milkshake duck is wrong. Automatically.

Seriously, though, if you had some random event that required you to share a hotel room with an actual Nazi or an SJW, which would you pick?

I'd pick the Nazi, frankly.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
tbh I thought the milkshake duck meme was to ridicule people who think everything good is racist, but I guess I misinterpreted it.
It was, but the very @dril imitators who pumped it up then went on to continue doing exactly the same thing, relentlessly pumping out that everything that disagreed with them was problematic.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guilt by association is a hell of a way to invoke people's inner autism. That's pretty much why people are angry.
It seems to be a big thing in the 'progressive' comic fandom right now, for example YouTuber Diversity and Comics has had several Marvel writers set up an automatic blocker to ban anyone who follows him on Twitter and have been known to harrass people they find following him (It's more they try to browbeat them into denouncing him).

Flowers For Sonichu

2nd Team all-confefence in Kick the Autistic
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't IMC on the anti-GG side before?
Yeah, he was. He was friendly with a good amount of SJWs and aGG people before he did an about-face and disavowed them.
It was because @theralph did some digging and found out Ian, a "turbofeminist", was a secretly a nazi who referred to Hitler as his "fucking idol" and sperged about the jews which didn't go over very well with the SJW crowd.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure by now plenty of Kiwis here are aware of shen / owlturd. If you don't, he's probably most well known for the bike cuck meme started by him back in November.

People who view Shen's twitter generally describe him as a very nice person, knowing how to turn any negative into a positive. He takes criticism well and wants to change for the better, but he can admittedly be a pushover.

Recently, Shen and Ian Miles Cheong, a conservative writer for Heatstreet, had a friendly interaction with each other. Shen said he wanted to "bury the hatchet" with him.
View attachment 362833

This sparked controversy on both sides. The "right" were concerned that Shen was buying into Zoe Quinn's side of the gamergate story. The other side is furious that Shen dared interacted with Ian without writing "ants" and shitting himself.

View attachment 362843
View attachment 362844
View attachment 362845
View attachment 362846
View attachment 362847
View attachment 362848
View attachment 362849
View attachment 362850
View attachment 362851
View attachment 362852
View attachment 362853
View attachment 362854
View attachment 362855
View attachment 362856

As seen in the earlier screenshots, Shen is being accused of being friends with Ian and accepting his views, when that's not the case at all.
They're doing this just to shill other webcomics, ofc. Like wolves to a sheep, gnashing their teeth.

Robotron

Still hoping for that Robot Revolution someday
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 362833

View attachment 362843
View attachment 362844
View attachment 362845
View attachment 362846
View attachment 362847
View attachment 362848
View attachment 362849
View attachment 362850
View attachment 362851
View attachment 362852
View attachment 362853
View attachment 362854
View attachment 362855
View attachment 362856

HOW DARE YOU HAVE A NORMAL CONVERSATION WITH PEOPLE WE DON'T LIKE, TIME TO RUIN YOUR LIFE!

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
It was because @theralph did some digging and found out Ian, a "turbofeminist", was a secretly a nazi who referred to Hitler as his "fucking idol" and sperged about the jews which didn't go over very well with the SJW crowd.
Cheong's antics as SolInvictus were known well before Ralph wrote about it, and the response from most of the clique when that piece was published was "he's obviously changed and saw the light, no big deal, people can improve". Even he has admitted the SJW phase was an over-correction to his neo-nazi phase.

It was when the clique surrounding him started screeching about the Witcher series being racist that he disavowed them and became pro-GG.

Last edited:

El Garbage

I'm disabling this fucking cesspool of hate
kiwifarms.net
I'm going through a lot of internal conflict right now. But it feels like there's an actual human slow waking up within me, that I knew quite well once, but have somehow forgotten about for many years. Maybe even close to a decade.

I've made some mistakes in the past few days, but if this were even a month ago, I would have long deleted them. They're still up. The existential fear just isn't really there anymore, though I still react to it sometimes, like a fading habit.

And it's okay, they can remain up. Yeah, here's how I screwed up. I screw up sometimes, but I'm not evil, or stupid, or even spineless -- you can call me those things, and it'll still hurt my feelings a little, but that's fading too. Somehow, I just know I'm okay!

I told IMC and Mombot what I think about the types of followers they attract, and the opinions they hold. I 100% stand by practically everything I said to them. But some of the ways in which I said it could be improved, because, get ready for this NUCLEAR TAKE right here:

I think I could have delivered the exact same message without being cruel, and if I had done that, not only would I not have hurt their feelings, but ALSO: their followers, who are on their side to begin with, might have focused more on what I was actually saying.

Like, those weren't funny. Those weren't even good roasts. The feet thing could've been a pretty solid roast, but I was too mad to even fashion it into one. What was the point? Did those exchanges persuade anyone that I might be right, or were they just to appease people?

And don't get me wrong, I don't think much about optics. Mostly, I just don't like saying hurtful things to people, EVEN IF I seriously think their ideas are harmful. Like, is that supposed to feel good to me? Why do I have to be a total sociopath online? I don't understand.
what

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
it's a monologue to his SJW fans, critical of their need for him to be politically polarized when he's just a mellow doodlefag at heart.

also LMAO'ing that he claims to have read Crash Override, Chelsea/Zoe's book sold at or under a thousand copies so people calling out that they actually did read it is pure cringe. Now I'm curious who his game dev e-mailer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino