Infected Shippers, Militant-Shippers, and Shipping Wars - When fictional characters fucking each other is a political statement

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
I actually have seen a bit of bickering between FinnPoe and FinnRey shippers, but yeah it isn't as much as you'd expect considering how batshit crazy those camps are. I think they're both just too busy ganging up on Reylos and threatening to murder Adam Driver and shit. I did see some FinnPoe shippers like lesbianrey harassing and threatening PoeRey shippers after TLJ tho.

A lot of Reylos are currently being extra AF crybabies because they're sad their husbando died even though you know damn well he's coming back as a force ghost if nothing else (seriously Kylo is popular and you know Disney is gonna whore him out again someday) . Some are OK with it though, and like I mentioned I've seen the better behaved ones trying to tell the crybabies to cut that shit out.

No idea what's going on with Kylux shippers other than they think Hux was done dirty in TROS (which I do agree with). I imagine the more SJWy ones are crying about muh abuse enabling and muh heteronorminativity but overall they seem to be pretty quiet.

Personally I always go into shit with the assumption that everyone is bi until proven otherwise, if nothing else because I'm multishipping garbage and want all options available :tomgirl:

And yeah, Singapore was apparently threatening to slap an R rating on TROS if Disney didn't remove the f/f kiss from their cut (which of course they did because Disney cares about money more than anything else). There is no way Stormpilot was gonna fly in those markets if they loose their shit over some background characters smooching for 2 seconds.

JMike

Which came first, ranch or cool ranch?
kiwifarms.net
The new shit on this thread has brought back an internal question I’ve had for a while and still wonder about. What makes these chodes headcanon these oddly specific and often fake sexualities for people? What makes them say “yes, x character is pretty obviously an aroace pansexual demiboy”? I know it’s often what I said, relatability and ‘hot uwu’ but it’s definitely not every time.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The new shit on this thread has brought back an internal question I’ve had for a while and still wonder about. What makes these chodes headcanon these oddly specific and often fake sexualities for people? What makes them say “yes, x character is pretty obviously an aroace pansexual demiboy”? I know it’s often what I said, relatability and ‘hot uwu’ but it’s definitely not every time.
Self-projecting, I'm assuming, or just because it's "woke" to believe in that. It's possible they're trying to cover up their fetishes by stating "muh representation", but are doing a horrible job at hiding that they're getting off to it and will foam at the mouth and perform mental gymnastics if you so much as shine a light on it. It's quite telling when OG Kirk/Spock fangirls hid their gay fetishization out in the open better than these big babies.

Ray

Shitlord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
Personally I always go into shit with the assumption that everyone is bi until proven otherwise, if nothing else because I'm multishipping garbage and want all options available :tomgirl:
yeah on another, more positive note, I’m kinda like the same with that too. (Partially because I’m also a filthy multishipper)

shipping is just more enjoyable without a fully established sexual orientation and if everyone had a similar mindset to this, fandoms would be slightly less shit.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
yeah on another, more positive note, I’m kinda like the same with that too. (Partially because I’m also a filthy multishipper)

shipping is just more enjoyable without a fully established sexual orientation and if everyone had a similar mindset to this, fandoms would be slightly less shit.
I too am the same.

But yeah, any time a character's sexuality is confirmed canon by the creators (and 95% of the time it's straight/gay, rarely bi) the fandom goes into meltdown mode: If the character is confirmed straight, the creator is probably getting harassed off of twitter, along with anyone who's happy that the character was declared straight (see: The Sherlock fandom).

If they get confirmed to be gay, the SJW parts of the fandom celebrate by harassing anyone who's ever depicted the character with a member of the opposite sex in their fanworks, and tears the throat out of anyone that says "Well, it's fanfiction, I can do what I want."

Because, you know: Rules for thee, not for me, I can write a straight person as gay but God have mercy on your damned soul if you write a gay character as straight.

Honestly, I wish creators would just stop confirming character's sexualities outside of the established works. Some of them are pandering, and some of them genuinely think they're doing something nice, but I don't think they really grasp that they're giving fodder to the worst kind of fans. They still think that the LGBT kids are the ones being bullied online, when nowadays (especially in fandom spaces) they're the ones doing a good chunk of the bullying.

Android raptor

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't even say it's LGBT kids doing the bullying so much as it's fujoshi claiming to be LGBT as a fashion statement. Seriously, 9/10 a "gay man" whining about shipping shit is some tumblrina fakeboi whose parents really should keep a better on eye what she's doing on the Internet.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This Carrie bitch's tweet right here sums up these ship wars as a whole. "You really hurt some people's feelings. Yeah, some shippers are nasty and deserve the shade, but bullying's going too far." Over a fucking fictional ship.

Happy fucking new year. Go outside and interact with real people.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
This Carrie bitch's tweet right here sums up these ship wars as a whole. "You really hurt some people's feelings. Yeah, some shippers are nasty and deserve the shade, but bullying's going too far." Over a fucking fictional ship.

Happy fucking new year. Go outside and interact with real people.
They think he's bullying? How dare he call shippers crazy after they started jumping up and down screaming that he's a misogynist for making a sexual innuendo while not liking their Space Twilight ship. They also misrepresent his "who eventually lays the pipe" IG comment as talking about Daisy Ridley herself when it's clearly about the characters. If I was in his position I wouldn't be very polite either.

Unpaid Emotional Labourer

proud carcéral feminist
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't even say it's LGBT kids doing the bullying so much as it's fujoshi claiming to be LGBT as a fashion statement. Seriously, 9/10 a "gay man" whining about shipping shit is some tumblrina fakeboi whose parents really should keep a better on eye what she's doing on the Internet.
This was when I first discovered that female troons could be as annoying as male ones. I was minding my own business tryna find uhh...I think Connor/Michaela HTGAWM fic. And the Tumblr tag was full of ranting “gays” and I was like, who let males into the shipper side of fandom? They’re supposed to be off idk archiving and making reference material and arguing with each other about minutiae, not up in shipping business.

Turns out they were of course all fujoshi because males, gay or not, stay not giving a shit about who fucks who in female hobbies. Bless.

Android raptor

kiwifarms.net
John really has no time for crazy shippers of any variety. I hope he goes after nutty StormPilots next. Or the Kylo haters who threaten Adam like lesbianrey.

EDIT: John's tweet unfortunately awakened the antis. I hope he goes after them next (and I wouldn't be surprised if he does, he really seems like he has no patience for anyone that takes fictional space wizard movies too seriously).
Screenshot_2020-01-01-08-26-47.png

Last edited:

WatchingAllOfYou

Ceiling Cat is my soulmate
kiwifarms.net
On one hand, John Boyega should've REALLY known better than kicking the hornet's nest via saying such things when he surely knows how volatile the SW fandom is. Wrong train of action, buddy.

On the other, the hysterical Reylo meltdowns are a goddamn train-wreck and I cannot stop reading. Fascinating. :story:

Hakuna your tatas, princess.I'm not super sympathetic to the Reylos at the moment, but I hope you get reported for being dumb enough to openly threaten violence against others for shipping what you don't.

Unpaid Emotional Labourer

proud carcéral feminist
kiwifarms.net
Reylos are normal shippers shipping a normal (ie no identitarian potential) ship, and thus annoying in a normal way.

Uwu softbois and enbies are vastly over-represented in the antis, they think shipping is socjus, muh racism muh homophobia etc etc, and are thus exhausting and insufferable beyond anything a Reylo could hope to achieve.

Team Normie, whatever the contest.

Last edited:

Android raptor

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I feel like when Reylos loose their shit it's a more old-school brand of shipping autism, like WAAAA HARRY AND DRACO DIDN'T FUCK MY LIFE IS OVERRRR crying on LJ back in the day. Antis on the other hand are a different breed of psycho since they're driven by SJW nonsense. Reylos will cry and tantrum and act ridiculous, antis will threaten to murder you and your entire family if you so much as think about the wrong combination of fictional characters banging.

trekkor

never talk to me or the pinkskin's dog ever again
kiwifarms.net
John really has no time for crazy shippers of any variety. I hope he goes after nutty StormPilots next. Or the Kylo haters who threaten Adam like lesbianrey.

EDIT: John's tweet unfortunately awakened the antis. I hope he goes after them next (and I wouldn't be surprised if he does, he really seems like he has no patience for anyone that takes fictional space wizard movies too seriously).
Speaking of lesbianrey, it's kinda insane how the woman is still salty about reylo. I happened upon her tumblr yesterday and it just reminded me how she's the exact same person now as she was back when TLJ came out. Still seething over Adam Driver for serving after 9/11, still holding tightly on to her lesbian Rey headcanon, still thinking Poe/Finn was ever going to be a thing, still telling reylos they should kill themselves and so on. The only thing that's changed is her adding all the females shown in TROS into her collection of lesbians.

(Something interesting I found was back in 2018 (and possibly now, I didn't go searching for some tags) there was a section of black tumblr users who were pissed at her for hating Boba Fett, who I guess is a PoC because of the prequels and were calling her out on it because racism (somehow, I dunno). Seems like nothing came of it, but still interesting to note.)

As far as the current drama goes though, I think reylos should've chilled and not taken the bait. They just ended up looking very cringy like all insane shippers do when they attack the actors. But both sides (reylos and anits) should also realise actors rarely give a fuck about shipping and for all the shitflinging over whether Daisy Ridley, for example, approves of reylo or not, it really comes down to cherrypicking interviews where they can all give different answers over a period of several years. It's all so incredibly irrelevant anyway, so everyone raging over this shit is pathetic.

Tags
fandom