Infected Shippers, Militant-Shippers, and Shipping Wars - When fictional characters fucking each other is a political statement

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of lesbianrey, it's kinda insane how the woman is still salty about reylo. I happened upon her tumblr yesterday and it just reminded me how she's the exact same person now as she was back when TLJ came out. Still seething over Adam Driver for serving after 9/11, still holding tightly on to her lesbian Rey headcanon, still thinking Poe/Finn was ever going to be a thing, still telling reylos they should kill themselves and so on. The only thing that's changed is her adding all the females shown in TROS into her collection of lesbians.

(Something interesting I found was back in 2018 (and possibly now, I didn't go searching for some tags) there was a section of black tumblr users who were pissed at her for hating Boba Fett, who I guess is a PoC because of the prequels and were calling her out on it because racism (somehow, I dunno). Seems like nothing came of it, but still interesting to note.)

As far as the current drama goes though, I think reylos should've chilled and not taken the bait. They just ended up looking very cringy like all insane shippers do when they attack the actors. But both sides (reylos and anits) should also realise actors rarely give a fuck about shipping and for all the shitflinging over whether Daisy Ridley, for example, approves of reylo or not, it really comes down to cherrypicking interviews where they can all give different answers over a period of several years. It's all so incredibly irrelevant anyway, so everyone raging over this shit is pathetic.
It's sad but I can't say I'm surprised. I get the feeling people like lesbianrey don't really have much going on in their lives. Obsessively hating and bullying people over space wizards banging is probably what she spends most of her waking hours doing.

I think the actors overall give way less fucks about any ships than fans think they do. They have way more important shit to worry about than whether a particular combination of space wizards fucking is politically correct.

Chewy Suarez

Kids eat free on Mondays!
kiwifarms.net
so jyp entertainment announced that twice’s momo is (oh no!) dating the icky straight man heechul from super junior. while this is a big stride for an industry that punishes idols for publicly dating, tumblr’s onces who ship the female idols together are not having it, defaming heechul and calling him a pedophile and predator despite the fact that he is regarded as one of the most kindest and progressive male idols in the whole fucking industry (dude doesn’t even deny rumors about his sexuality as he believes making someone LGBT as a bad thing brings negative connotations for the community)

WatchingAllOfYou

Ceiling Cat is my soulmate
kiwifarms.net
7A18C7D0-A4F2-4A84-B465-B6D0C0BFECF8.png

74ECDA21-FE10-484C-82DC-31BBAC451D30.jpeg

I love to see Reylos pathetically trying to throw Poe under the bus for no real reason at all. :story:

Android raptor

kiwifarms.net
Reylos bashing Poe is new to me. The ones I've seen tend to like him. I guess it's the more bratty, oversensitive ones that see him as a threat to their ship.

I need to check on what the antis are doing, I'm sure they're being violently batshit insane as always.

WatchingAllOfYou

kiwifarms.net
1578330550867.png

I remember this person as a member of the internet mob that bullied and harassed the VLD store staff and comic writers over s8 and hw it did not give them their Sheith ship on a platter, and apparently they support the creator of The Dragon Prince (who's been accused of harassing the female staff of the series), so I don't exactly buy what they say in this "article". Plus it seems to be few more than the typical "BUT MUH SHIPS AND MUH QUEERBAITING!!!" stuff you see 24/7 in fandom, only published in a site already known for its bias against Voltron which, save for the Lance/Allura/Lotor "love triangle" and some official couples (including those that had Shiro NOT hooking up with Keith), was not as shippy as you'd think it is.

I do think it's kinda hilarious that only NOW they're complaining about Noelle Stevenson and the SPOP staff, though. What, didn't they deliver ~teh lesbiansss fast enough for your taste? :story:

Last edited:

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1085513

I remember this person as a member of the internet mob that bullied and harassed the VLD store staff and comic writers over s8 and hw it did not give them their Sheith ship on a platter, and apparently is they support the creator of The Dragon Prince (who's been accused of harassing the female staff of the series), so I don't exactly buy what they say in this "article". Plus it seems to be few more than the typical "BUT MUH SHIPS AND MUH QUEERBAITING!!!" stuff you see 24/7 in fandom, only published in a site already known for its bias against Voltron which, save for the Lance/Allura/Lotor "love triangle" and some official couples (including those that had Shiro NOT hooking up with Keith), was not as shippy as you'd think it is.

I do think it's kinda hilarious that only NOW they're complaining about Noelle Stevenson and the SPOP staff, though. What, didn't they deliver ~teh lesbiansss fast enough for your taste? :story:
Even more proof that shippers don't care about real people. And wasn't SPOP already in hot water for making Catra irredeemably evil and not having her hold hands in the sunset with Adora?

Unpaid Emotional Labourer

proud carcéral feminist
kiwifarms.net
Lol didn't know they were reeeeing about The Dragon Prince.
when I started there were four women there, 3 of us queer women, our voices were not heard when it came to discussions of women, discussions of lgbtq+ characters and theme
Good, the last people I want to hear from on an otherwise good show are SJWs. There is lesbian representation and gay representation. Bitching because Claudia isn’t canonically bi? She is also not canonically straight or anything else. Her relationships are with her father and brother, she doesn’t have a romantic storyline. Yet. I got my eye on her and Aaravos.

Sounds from the article like a bunch of queerio twenty-something dangerhairs thought they were in charge, and turns out they’re just employees. This is why the Q as well as the T should never be hired.

Last edited:

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net

Good, the last people I want to hear from on an otherwise good show are SJWs. There is lesbian representation and gay representation. Bitching because Claudia isn’t canonically bi? She is also not canonically straight or anything else. Her relationships are with her father and brother, she doesn’t have a romantic storyline. Yet. I got my eye on her and Aaravos.

Sounds from the article like a bunch of queerio twenty-something dangerhairs thought they were in charge, and turns out they’re just employees. This is why the Q as well as the T should never be hired.
It's not even harassment, he's literally just not allowing them to take the reigns on a show he created and is still at the helm for. I don't even like The Dragon Prince but I can tell that these girls are just being pissy because Aaron had a backbone and made sure the show was being written how he wanted it to be written and didn't capitulate to their demands.

Are these bitches seriously trying to cancel a guy because he wants the ultimate say over what happens in his show that he created?

A Suspect Rubber Chicken

No one will ever know!
kiwifarms.net
I remember this person as a member of the internet mob that bullied and harassed the VLD store staff and comic writers over s8 and hw it did not give them their Sheith ship on a platter, and apparently they support the creator of The Dragon Prince (who's been accused of harassing the female staff of the series), so I don't exactly buy what they say in this "article". Plus it seems to be few more than the typical "BUT MUH SHIPS AND MUH QUEERBAITING!!!" stuff you see 24/7 in fandom, only published in a site already known for its bias against Voltron which, save for the Lance/Allura/Lotor "love triangle" and some official couples (including those that had Shiro NOT hooking up with Keith), was not as shippy as you'd think it is.

Amazing that this shitbird is so hard up for content that he has to recycle 2/3 of his previous article just to shake the hornets' nest again.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net

I was watching it until they introduced the deaf-mute general. That point just made me screech to a halt. There is no fucking way a deaf-mute is in any way a benefit to battle. They’d be dead in the first fight as a junior from somebody sneaking up behind them and/or not responding to a command.

As a tactician who stays behind the lines, creating plans and managing logistics? Sure, fine. As an active fighter who literally requires someone to focus on her and can only communicate with her hands (leaving her defenseless if she needs to give orders), no. Fuck no. I don’t care about your representation when it is actively stupid to that level.

WatchingAllOfYou

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1085513

Quoting myself because I've a pretty nice update...

1578668635503.png

One of the SPOP staff writers, Shane Lynch, has caught wind of this. She's not happy. AT FUCKING ALL, and denounces the guy as a liar. I really hate SPOP but wow, I guess a stopped clock is right twice a day. :story:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure, they wouldn't call out Klance shippers for their own bullshit that threatened to bring in the studio working on Voltron into a lawsuit a couple years back, but now you got the She-Ra people coming out to call someone out for their discourse.

We about to witness a throw-down? :story:

WatchingAllOfYou

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Voltron apparently the insane Klance shippers aren't entirely dead, because some Sheith shippers are planning a meet/minicon and got threats as a result .
I’m more surprised that it took THIS long for idiot Klancers to pull the same shit of the past after s8 karmically kicked them on the mouth for the shit THEY pulled too, ngl.

Not surprised at all, though. And again, it seems it’s blowing up on their faces and I feel zero sympathy. Some people don’t learn. :story:

ETA:
4A04850E-D0D7-4720-943D-2A65F0BA077F.jpeg
AHAHAHA, “someone” locked their Twitter over being called out on their anti-Sheith bullshit. :story:

Last edited:

Android raptor

kiwifarms.net
I’m more surprised that it took THIS long for idiot Klancers to pull the same shit of the past after s8 karmically kicked them on the mouth for the shit THEY pulled too, ngl.

Not surprised at all, though. And again, it seems it’s blowing up on their faces and I feel zero sympathy. Some people don’t learn. :story:

ETA:
View attachment 1093683AHAHAHA, “someone” locked their Twitter over being called out on their anti-Sheith bullshit. :story:
Yeah as bratty and insufferable as Sheith shippers have been since the final season they still don't deserve threats, especially people threatening to show up to their gathering and be violent. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just the event organizers but hotel staff as well that are taking the threats seriously, especially in the wake of shit like that chlorine attack at a furry con some years back.

Ngl it would be pretty karmatic if some of these idiots actually get in legal hot water over this shit (I know I've heard about people getting in legal trouble for making bomb and other threats to specific places before).

Tags
fandom