Infected Shippers, Militant-Shippers, and Shipping Wars - When fictional characters fucking each other is a political statement

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
3H has a lot of very annoying shippers. I had someone get mad at me for saying a few of the characters were straight.
Which characters? Cause Ignatz and Ingrid are both hetero as fuck so if it was either of them that person sounds like an exceptional individual.

LoverofPi

Mmmmm, delicious pi.
kiwifarms.net
The 3H fanbase is annoying in general, it attracted a lot of tumblr people, but yeah especially the shippers.
A shame because the game is pretty damn good.

Which characters? Cause Ignatz and Ingrid are both hetero as fuck so if it was either of them that person sounds like an exceptional individual.
Bernadetta, Raphael, Ingrid, Leonie, and a couple others. The Ingrid one is especially bad because while the ship idea is cute, and Dorothea is clearly enjoying teasing Ingrid in their paralogue, Ingrid has no interest in women at all. I also have to role my eyes at the idea of Leonie being bi because she has an ending with Shamir that implies nothing romantic at all.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
A shame because the game is pretty damn good.

Bernadetta, Raphael, Ingrid, Leonie, and a couple others. The Ingrid one is especially bad because while the ship idea is cute, and Dorothea is clearly enjoying teasing Ingrid in their paralogue, Ingrid has no interest in women at all. I also have to role my eyes at the idea of Leonie being bi because she has an ending with Shamir that implies nothing romantic at all.
People also call Ingrid a homophobe because she told Dorothea not to pounce on her. Because if you're straight and a "lesbian" hits on you, you must let them invade your personal space to show your acceptance and tolerance even if you don't like being hit on by ANYONE. (And Ingrid can support another bi girl, Mercedes, and she has nothing but kind words to say to her. If people want to ship Ingrid with another girl, Mercie is RIGHT THERE.)

Raphael and Ignatz are so hetero that even their paired ending has the latter hook up with the former's sister. And judging by the A support Raphael ships it.

• Feels
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

JMike

Which came first, ranch or cool ranch?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1112661

View attachment 1112663
View attachment 1112665
View attachment 1112676
View attachment 1112680

Ever since the beginning, FE "queer fans" have desperately and pathetically tried to downplay and bring down Dorothea's canon bisexuality and make her look like a man-hating bitch who'd only dates guys for their cash when she'd rather cozy up to girls. These assholes are no exception and it's really fucking gross to see them bitch so much about Dorothea not giving up the cock just because they say so.

Also "we don't have a gay character"? I guess Heather from Radiant Dawn and Leon from Echoes aren't worth shit because they ain't in the HAWT GAME DU JOUR and they consider bisexuals (and the game has SEVERAL) as ~Gay Lite and nothing else. Entitled assholes are entitled.

(Also LMAO at them being still HOES MAD HOES MAD about Fates making their bi characters flawed rather than "pretty little cinnamon rolls with no personality other than being gay and cute uwu uwu". I love Niles, Rhajat and Corrin, so stay pressed you closet queerphobes)
This is the exact type of shit I’ve been looking for because I recently finished 3H while having recruited Dorothea and I’m too god damn lazy to search this whole thing. That being said, yeah, Dorothea is canon bi. However, it’s mostly played off as a joke. An example is a paralogue with her and Ingrid where the latter gets forced into an arranged marriage, and after it’s finished and she shows the ring she was supposed to give to her husband, Dorothea ignorantly says “I do”. It’s genuinely funny.

That being said, i don’t think she has any paired endings with girls that end in marriage. Why don’t people understand that? The men like women and the women like men in canon, with the exceptions of the ones who can be gay, who once again only have those marriage endings with Byleth. It’s not ‘a head canon’ that so and so is gay, it’s just wrong.

It’s even funnier with Awakening where the S supports and paired endings are only with guys and girls. Of course, the autists wouldn’t understand that, they can’t comprehend such a thing, but still.

Fire Emblem fans really are a pleasant bunch.

• Agree
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
This is the exact type of shit I’ve been looking for because I recently finished 3H while having recruited Dorothea and I’m too god damn lazy to search this whole thing. That being said, yeah, Dorothea is canon bi. However, it’s mostly played off as a joke. An example is a paralogue with her and Ingrid where the latter gets forced into an arranged marriage, and after it’s finished and she shows the ring she was supposed to give to her husband, Dorothea ignorantly says “I do”. It’s genuinely funny.

That being said, i don’t think she has any paired endings with girls that end in marriage. Why don’t people understand that? The men like women and the women like men in canon, with the exceptions of the ones who can be gay, who once again only have those marriage endings with Byleth. It’s not ‘a head canon’ that so and so is gay, it’s just wrong.

It’s even funnier with Awakening where the S supports and paired endings are only with guys and girls. Of course, the autists wouldn’t understand that, they can’t comprehend such a thing, but still.

Fire Emblem fans really are a pleasant bunch.
Maybe not marriage, but Petra/Dorothea says the former loved the latter more than anything, and Dorothea's ending with Manuela says their home was always filled with love. The wording tries to be coy and not mention marriage, but it's still romantic.

That said, it's no excuse for the way people shriek that Dorothea is 100% gay because she can marry plenty of men. One of them being goddamn Sylvain, aka the skirt chaser who thinks all women are just using him and is an asshole because of it. If Dorothea can fall in love with him, she's far from a man hater.

JMike

kiwifarms.net
Maybe not marriage, but Petra/Dorothea says the former loved the latter more than anything, and Dorothea's ending with Manuela says their home was always filled with love. The wording tries to be coy and not mention marriage, but it's still romantic.

That said, it's no excuse for the way people shriek that Dorothea is 100% gay because she can marry plenty of men. One of them being goddamn Sylvain, aka the skirt chaser who thinks all women are just using him and is an asshole because of it. If Dorothea can fall in love with him, she's far from a man hater.
I think the Manuela one is more a student/teacher thing but the Petra one is actually understandable, but it’s still no excuse for these people to be this autistic. Hell, it’s not like you can’t marry her if you’re a dude.

I’m still too lazy to read through this thread, anything else particularly funny from 3H?

• Agree
Reactions: Daisy

Ray

Shitlord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
Shipping and shippers in general are so fucking cringey. I mean I've wasted my time on some pretty stupid shit before but shipping characters is just about as bad as people who obsess over waifus.
Yeah they can be, although its really fine as long as they aren’t obsessive over it.

Write fanfiction, draw fanart, do whatever but if you harass people over shipping you’re a brainlet.

WatchingAllOfYou

Ceiling Cat is my soulmate
kiwifarms.net
I got a huge wake-up call about the shipping community when a clique of shippers ganged up on me for not accepting their headcanons. So yeah, fuck that.
Okay, so which JoJo shippers attacked you? JJBA fandom has gone to shit ever since the TV series began, and apparently three fanartists were bullied to near suicidal points on Twitter over shipping in the last weeks . . .

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
I think the Manuela one is more a student/teacher thing but the Petra one is actually understandable, but it’s still no excuse for these people to be this autistic. Hell, it’s not like you can’t marry her if you’re a dude.

I’m still too lazy to read through this thread, anything else particularly funny from 3H?
I've heard people think Sylvain is legit LGBT because of his ending with Felix, even though beyond that he's all about thirsting for the pussy and his only paired endings are with women. It's like Inigo/Gerome all over again, claiming the skirt-chaser is gay because of some suggestive mlm content. At least Felix and Sylvain actually have substance in their interactions beyond "ooooh, manhandle me with your strong, firm touch," though.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wtf. What fandom was that?
Please, I implore you.
Okay, so which JoJo shippers attacked you? JJBA fandom has gone to shit ever since the TV series began, and apparently three fanartists were bullied to near suicidal points on Twitter over shipping in the last weeks . . .
It wasn't Jojo, haha. It was Attack on Titan. Apparently not thinking that a couple would be religiously into daddy kink and BDSM is a grievous sin.

JMike

kiwifarms.net
I've heard people think Sylvain is legit LGBT because of his ending with Felix, even though beyond that he's all about thirsting for the pussy and his only paired endings are with women. It's like Inigo/Gerome all over again, claiming the skirt-chaser is gay because of some suggestive mlm content. At least Felix and Sylvain actually have substance in their interactions beyond "ooooh, manhandle me with your strong, firm touch," though.
I actually personally got this ending in my BL run and I thought it was pretty cool, but this philosophy of thinking makes no sense. have seen that Felix and Sylvain is one of the most popular FE3H ships and that still makes no god damn sense. How do you see “lol gay” out of their ending? Is it because they fucking die on the same day? For a historical example, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were also good friends who died on the same day and they weren’t gay. I know as a fact there’s some Hamilton bullshit out there that says they are, but still.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
I actually personally got this ending in my BL run and I thought it was pretty cool, but this philosophy of thinking makes no sense. have seen that Felix and Sylvain is one of the most popular FE3H ships and that still makes no god damn sense. How do you see “lol gay” out of their ending? Is it because they fucking die on the same day? For a historical example, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were also good friends who died on the same day and they weren’t gay. I know as a fact there’s some Hamilton bullshit out there that says they are, but still.
Seriously. Apparently it was more romantically coded in the JP version, but the FE fandom is known to mistranslate things on purpose or go with mistranslations to back up their preferred views or ships.

Personally I believe if Felix was gonna be gay for anyone it'd be Dimitri. His dialogue smacked of "that asshole broke my heart" in some places, their A support reeked of tsundere, and their shared ending has Felix being crushed as hell when Dimitri kicks the bucket.

That said, Dimitri also marries a woman in their shared ending and Felix is said to just be his right hand. Plus he's also a tsundere for everyone he can support with so Dimitri isn't even a special case.

KinkyPuppy

Just a kinky pup
kiwifarms.net
I am late to the party but this reminds me of how 99% of all ZelGan (Zelda/Ganondorf) was chased away from tumblr for being a "Problematic ship" cuz Ganondorf is a villan and Zelda is a child, (She is in most games 17, in TP she is 20 and in WW she is 14) , first of all yeah he is a villan but also in 90% of all fanfics/aus ect I have seen people either age up Zelda or actually make Gan into a young adult as her. Secondly some AU's are that they are forced to marry which makes sense since both are rules of their people and it would benefit both sides ect. Yes some are horrible with abuse ect but it is what I have seen rare.

Tags
fandom