Infected Shippers, Militant-Shippers, and Shipping Wars - When fictional characters fucking each other is a political statement

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never understood the "my ship must be canon!!" spiel from shippers. It's fine and dandy to ship, I do that too, but the canon obsession is super fucking annoying, who cares?! just jerk off and continue consuming product in healthy doses.
Hold that thought, that reminds me of this post:
Screen shot 2020-03-21 at 11.28.06 AM.png

Given the kaiju fandom is kinda naïve, this is innocent-sounding enough. But replace Godzilla with another fandom, and just feel the horror start to sink in.

(Also there's no real proof Dougherty made a movie specifically to make a ship canon just because he was reblogging fan-art and said they're in a symbiotic relationship for survival and cuddles, and the whole "King and Queen of the Monsters" title both in-story and meta. It's cute, but until they have a kissy (snoot boop like the MUTO did) moment on-screen or even offspring, it's just a symbiotic alliance, not romantic. *ironic joke avatar notwithstanding*)

Then there's the "um n-no hetero" cunts, so ashamed of shipping a straight pairing that they have to headcanon them as some r.etarded QUEER~ label just to not be fully shipping an icky wicky straighties pairing.
Fuck you cunts, just ship normally like the rest of us degenerates holy fuck
I made a post about it years ago in the beginning, but the RocketShipping sect of "QueerShipping" is more progressive than modern ~qweer~ ships because at least they attempted to keep Jessie and James in character while pointing out the reversed gender roles they display. Also it was made before being ~qweer~ was "kewl".

PopRocks

it prounouced Ca-Kow!
kiwifarms.net
Oh, and BTW? The Bleach anime will re-start next year and adapt the last manga arc. The one that concluded with the most popular ship in the fandom sunk to rock-bottom. Get your popcorn ready, guys.
Frankly I blame the first anime for amping up or making up the Ichigo/Rukia moments over Ichigo/Orihime moments. Yes, the first two arcs can be seen as something of a deep relationship between the two, but after that it's pretty clear the IchiHime ship was in the forefront.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
I made a post about it years ago in the beginning, but the RocketShipping sect of "QueerShipping" is more progressive than modern ~qweer~ ships because at least they attempted to keep Jessie and James in character while pointing out the reversed gender roles they display. Also it was made before being ~qweer~ was "kewl".
Oh, those were the days. Back when the "subversive, progressive" ship actually had some kind of canon backing and existed as the IC version of a pairing, and "heteronormative" actually MEANT something thanks to the R*cketshipper sect and its bullshit.

Foolish Samuari Warrior

Sword + gun = awesome
kiwifarms.net
Hold that thought, that reminds me of this post:
View attachment 1197263
Given the kaiju fandom is kinda naïve, this is innocent-sounding enough. But replace Godzilla with another fandom, and just feel the horror start to sink in.

(Also there's no real proof Dougherty made a movie specifically to make a ship canon just because he was reblogging fan-art and said they're in a symbiotic relationship for survival and cuddles, and the whole "King and Queen of the Monsters" title both in-story and meta. It's cute, but until they have a kissy (snoot boop like the MUTO did) moment on-screen or even offspring, it's just a symbiotic alliance, not romantic. *ironic joke avatar notwithstanding*)

Mothzilla is supposed to be a joke ship. Not a real one.

My brain is hurting. And Rodorah? Rodan had a mate, why the heck would you want her to be gay NTR'd?

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mothzilla is supposed to be a joke ship. Not a real one.
Was it always meant to be a joke? Monster Island Buddies parodied it, but it was a known ship way before then. For years whenever I came across a rare piece of artwork or even a fic of it, it tended to be lowkey but had that Edo-Meiji-era old-timey romantic vibe from it. It only blew up in popularity last year so now there's all the "uwu" stuff that's buried that subtlety, but shippers love the "big grump falls for the sunshine character" (how I've seen it described) dynamic, and the old-school Mothzilla fans are happy it's become a "recognized" ship now. The two kaiju would go back-and-forth in alliances and opposition all the time and Mothra would tend to come out on top of their fights, but Legendary's Monsterverse wanted to play that dynamic up a bit. I believe canonizing it as an ancient symbiotic relationship is the only reason why it's been so well-received (I'm thinking had it not been established in-universe, the ship gaining traction would've made a rift in the fandom), though that mindset's spreading to the other Godzilla eras where it doesn't really belong.

Given the movie didn't do so well domestically, I don't think it's as widespread of a fandom/problem like with the Marvel cinematic universe and other Tumblr-favorite fandoms (I've come across "fans" who were only in a fandom for the ships). So at the very least, the fans drawing all that art appear to be genuine fans and aren't just joining to be trendy.

And Rodorah? Rodan had a mate, why the heck would you want her to be gay NTR'd?
Now Rodan being a bitch/slut's become an in-joke given his Starscream-esque behavior in the movie, but that came to be because of a character's remarks about why Ghidorah was on his way over to the island: "To feed, to fight, or to f... something more intimate." So it blew up (although some got a bit more creative(?) and would only pair him up with one of the heads), but Mothzilla's still the more popular ship. Though I've noticed most fans still prefer to ship him with a female OC or even Mothra, or keep him loyal to his dead mate, I haven't come across any slapfights about it.

The movie's fucking awesome, but it seriously teased/joked about shipping, which was super awkward to realize in the theater sitting next to my parents. Dougherty had to have known exactly what he was doing given his Twitter.

Trombonista

Uh-oh. Buckle up, bitch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen worse. Just search for Alpha Omega dynamics. What a stupid concept.
Omegaverse is just an excuse to make hot male characters fuck like dogs. It's even spread to the Japanese fandom, but they at least see it for what it is and don't claim it's "subversive" and "queer."

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always saw it as a thinly veiled self-insertion thing considering the mpreg part makes the bottoms even more like women than they already are.
Mpreg itself always came off as more of a projection, but I don't know the origins of it. Maybe Star Trek Kirk/Spock fics popularized it with alien technology or something, I just think it's telling it was the women who went to town with it especially in making the bottom super effeminate.

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
Mpreg itself always came off as more of a projection, but I don't know the origins of it. Maybe Star Trek Kirk/Spock fics popularized it with alien technology or something, I just think it's telling it was the women who went to town with it especially in making the bottom super effeminate.
Nah, mpreg is much older idea witch I mean it has popped up time to time in ancient myths all over the world. Like Zeus giving birth Athena after eating his first wife or Loki given birth to Odin's eight legged horse. I don't think it's that wierd of an idea, just pretty logical what if situation like what if you could talk with animals. Not how the world works but can lead to fun story.
95299AC6-1C16-4A16-BF38-2C76A647D10F.jpeg

Foolish Samuari Warrior

Sword + gun = awesome
kiwifarms.net
Was it always meant to be a joke? Monster Island Buddies parodied it, but it was a known ship way before then. For years whenever I came across a rare piece of artwork or even a fic of it, it tended to be lowkey but had that Edo-Meiji-era old-timey romantic vibe from it. It only blew up in popularity last year so now there's all the "uwu" stuff that's buried that subtlety, but shippers love the "big grump falls for the sunshine character" (how I've seen it described) dynamic, and the old-school Mothzilla fans are happy it's become a "recognized" ship now. The two kaiju would go back-and-forth in alliances and opposition all the time and Mothra would tend to come out on top of their fights, but Legendary's Monsterverse wanted to play that dynamic up a bit. I believe canonizing it as an ancient symbiotic relationship is the only reason why it's been so well-received (I'm thinking had it not been established in-universe, the ship gaining traction would've made a rift in the fandom), though that mindset's spreading to the other Godzilla eras where it doesn't really belong.

Given the movie didn't do so well domestically, I don't think it's as widespread of a fandom/problem like with the Marvel cinematic universe and other Tumblr-favorite fandoms (I've come across "fans" who were only in a fandom for the ships). So at the very least, the fans drawing all that art appear to be genuine fans and aren't just joining to be trendy.

Now Rodan being a bitch/slut's become an in-joke given his Starscream-esque behavior in the movie, but that came to be because of a character's remarks about why Ghidorah was on his way over to the island: "To feed, to fight, or to f... something more intimate." So it blew up (although some got a bit more creative(?) and would only pair him up with one of the heads), but Mothzilla's still the more popular ship. Though I've noticed most fans still prefer to ship him with a female OC or even Mothra, or keep him loyal to his dead mate, I haven't come across any slapfights about it.

The movie's fucking awesome, but it seriously teased/joked about shipping, which was super awkward to realize in the theater sitting next to my parents. Dougherty had to have known exactly what he was doing given his Twitter.
Well as far as my limited Godzilla experience goes, Mothzilla was mostly a joke ship, cause people always made Godzilla to not like anything except his son.
Omegaverse is just an excuse to make hot male characters fuck like dogs. It's even spread to the Japanese fandom, but they at least see it for what it is and don't claim it's "subversive" and "queer."
I mean, if they want people to lose control like that, that's fine by me. My problem is when you try to do world building with it, and find out that those kind of dynamics would have never led to a world remotely similar to ours.

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had no idea where else to put this so here it goes.

View attachment 1208531

Link to Fanlore on the subject, plus archive.
Is this the first time specific fan fiction was cited in court documents? Anne Rice is infamous for sending her lawyers after fans writing fan fiction of her series, but far as I know she never actually dragged one into the courtroom.

This timeline's insane. :story:

Foolish Samuari Warrior

Sword + gun = awesome
kiwifarms.net
Man, the Fire Emblem fanbase has really gone to hell with Three Houses.

The worst thing about the silent protagonist system is that somehow, your character is supposed to be charismatic, but you can't see it. So the amount of horny energy they give the protagonists is so much, you'd think that they were prostitutes instead of teachers.

Oh, and apparently, not seeing the "gay" subtext as canon is suicidal, and you should feel bad.

This shit has spread to both the Twitter and Reddit communities of Fire Emblem from Tumblr as far as I can tell.

Ironically the Heroes fandom is way more chill about shipping.

WatchingAllOfYou

Ceiling Cat is my soulmate
kiwifarms.net
Man, the Fire Emblem fanbase has really gone to hell with Three Houses.

The worst thing about the silent protagonist system is that somehow, your character is supposed to be charismatic, but you can't see it. So the amount of horny energy they give the protagonists is so much, you'd think that they were prostitutes instead of teachers.

Oh, and apparently, not seeing the "gay" subtext as canon is suicidal, and you should feel bad.

This shit has spread to both the Twitter and Reddit communities of Fire Emblem from Tumblr as far as I can tell.

Ironically the Heroes fandom is way more chill about shipping.
Eh, the FE fandom has ALWAYS been like that; even from before there were any silent protagonists a la Kris, Robin, Corrin and now Byleth. I got into FE many years ago and the Blazing Blade fans would tear each other apart over who was the best waifu for Eliwood or Hector, or the best husbando for Lyndis. :story:

• Agree
Reactions: Daisy

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Boomer Pirate
kiwifarms.net
Eh, the FE fandom has ALWAYS been like that; even from before there were any silent protagonists a la Kris, Robin, Corrin and now Byleth. I got into FE many years ago and the Blazing Blade fans would tear each other apart over who was the best waifu for Eliwood or Hector, or the best husbando for Lyndis. :story:
Didn't Eliwood had Ninian as a canonical love interest. Granted she died but still.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Didn't Eliwood had Ninian as a canonical love interest. Granted she died but still.
The game favors Eliwood/Ninian in some ways and the novelization makes it canon, but it doesn't punish the player for hooking Eliwood up with Lyn or Fiora or leaving him single at A-support with Hector or Marcus or someone.

Tags
fandom