Infected Shippers, Militant-Shippers, and Shipping Wars - When fictional characters fucking each other is a political statement

Fools Idol

kiwifarms.net
Anno just don't give a fuck anymore, and I don't blame him. I've seen many times creators being diplomatic with shipping and headcanons yet they were still getting attacked because some fans are so damn entitled they want all or nothing ("How dare you be okay with this obviously lesbian coded character being shipped with MEN?!")

Meanwhile hos are mad about kwierbaiting™ in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and it's honestly so boring and predictable.
Bromance is also a thing that exists.
I disagree. Anno cares a lot about the fans just not about the franchise. Many of these creators are getting older and they feel a certain sense of responsibility for the fans still obsessing over a TV show that ended 20+ years ago. Anno and others like him probably feel like they share a great deal of blame for the arrested development of otaku.

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
I disagree. Anno cares a lot about the fans just not about the franchise. Many of these creators are getting older and they feel a certain sense of responsibility for the fans still obsessing over a TV show that ended 20+ years ago. Anno and others like him probably feel like they share a great deal of blame for the arrested development of otaku.
As someone with like a foot in that world I find getting a satisfying conclusion is what helps me move on.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
I was specifically referring to him not canonizing kawoshin. From what I've read from the leaks, rebuild only cemented it as unhealthy and incestuous like the other relationships. Mari does seem like the sanest option because she the only character who doesn't represent Anno's internal issues, so good for him.

howyadoin

Here’s the tea
kiwifarms.net
Pro-shipper fights back
1617700308942.png

OP is genderfluid too so it's interesting to find some enbies amongst the pro-shippers
1617700347213.png

join showderp

zarel can't code for shit
kiwifarms.net
It's hilarious to watch pro-shippers and anti-shippers fight because both sides are retarded manchildren slinging shit over fiction. They want to say their side's better for whatever reason they have, but really, they're both laughable to people who don't waste their time shipping characters together and write them kissing.

Why can't they ship themselves some bitches?

Red Mask

War is Intellect
kiwifarms.net
It's hilarious to watch pro-shippers and anti-shippers fight because both sides are retarded manchildren slinging shit over fiction. They want to say their side's better for whatever reason they have, but really, they're both laughable to people who don't waste their time shipping characters together and write them kissing.

Why can't they ship themselves some bitches?

What makes you think they don’t? You’d be amazed at how many of them are actually married with kids.

join showderp

zarel can't code for shit
kiwifarms.net
What makes you think they don’t? You’d be amazed at how many of them are actually married with kids.
Being married doesn't mean much in this day and age when there's already shitty relationships and family problems. I'm not amazed because I'm already familiar with these crowds, too.

The way of the manchild, or in this case, womanchild is a personality, in some cases a lifestyle. Marriage and baring children doesn't make you exempt from this. That's why there are active lolcows with children.

Ceiling Kitten

Yep, Kitty IS watching you!
kiwifarms.net
One of the biggest shipping lolcows I ever met in fandom was a woman in her 40's/almost 50's with two (literally autistic) kids. It's more common than you'd think, indeed.

Anyway, it seems that now that Shingeki no Kyojin ended QUIIIITE messily, the shippers have gone even crazier than they ever were before. Aside of this insane tittybaby, are there any good finds?

Cowboy Cat

yeehaw
kiwifarms.net
My personal lolcow is naturally yelling about it.
1617910497030.png

I don't watch/read AoT so correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I'm aware it...wasn't canon?

She's talking lots about how now that it's over she's done talking about it, that seems to be lasting uh...no time at all.
1617910607159.png

1617910650722.png

All this in between retweets. I'm willing to bet she's still never going to shut up about this/the alleged fans of other ships harassing her who she can never seem to name/share screenshots of.

1617910745116.png

1617910775095.png

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
Reviving the thread because I am wondering if there's a pithy term for this. Even just a tvtropes term will do.

You guys know the bad faith argument that Beauty and the Beast promotes Stockholm Syndrome? You know, the film where Belle blatantly rejects the Toxically Masculine villain and the Beast is the one to change for the most part?
A lot of the appeals Shipping Police make about how X ship is problematic take a similarly autistic line (Letter over Spirit) where they try to malignly label elements which are barely important to how the pairing progresses in order to taint it. It's weaselly and reductive but also strangely idiotic.

Am I making sense?

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You guys know the bad faith argument that Beauty and the Beast promotes Stockholm Syndrome? You know, the film where Belle blatantly rejects the Toxically Masculine villain and the Beast is the one to change for the most part?
A lot of the appeals Shipping Police make about how X ship is problematic take a similarly autistic line (Letter over Spirit) where they try to malignly label elements which are barely important to how the pairing progresses in order to taint it. It's weaselly and reductive but also strangely idiotic.
It's called not reading the room. The Stockholm Syndrome argument never made sense because it was Belle who willingly traded herself in for her father's freedom and she actually had expected she was going to be locked in the dungeon forever. She was actually surprised Beast (after Lumiere talked to him, note he's constantly being given advice throughout the movie) offered her into a better room, he even hypothetically asked if she wanted to stay in the cell and she said no, so she still made that decision to have a more comfortable living space. Beast was never a bad person, he was just raised spoiled and had a lot of anger and self-loathing issues that he had to learn to get over.

Actually reminds me of a neat video about the romantic chemistry between Belle and Beast in how their interactions are described as a dance, something which the remake didn't have which made their growing relationship feel less deserved.

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
That is a good phrase. Not Reading the Room. The best I had was Tone Denial but that's not quite expansive enough. Thank you.