Shit That Makes You Insane

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
When discussion about unrelated topics gets hijacked by people coming in outta nowhere ranting about gendershit or raceshit or capitalism it drives me up the fucking wall. Back in the day, only a few years back really, when shit like that would happen people would laugh it off and joke about it but now it's like a fucking switch flips in people's brains and it feels like I'm surrounded by fucking skinwalkers wearing the faces of people I used to know. All I can do in this situation is either stay silent or leave and do some other shit till the madness passes but thing is it really never seems to pass. Once people get grabbed by whatever fucking brain plague is going on it slowly just becomes their sole purpose of existing and the only thing they talk about. I'm convinced a big part of this kind of behavior is wanting to be in the "in" group of society but at the same time you could be talking to one of these kinds of fuckers while nobody else is around and there's like a 50/50 chance they'll suddenly start acting like you've committed some grave sin or are secretly supporting the bad guys or whatever. It doesn't fucking feel realistic either and is clearly more than just a "politics disagreement" thing. I've been friends with and known people from all different fucking political leanings, people usually are able to put aside politics shit when it comes to a person to person thing. This shit feels like the whole comedic trope of "everything's normal and then suddenly your uncle starts going on about how much he fucking hates black people" but inserted into reality and no matter how funny it is you aren't allowed to laugh. These people act like literal automatons spouting the same buzzword slurry as each other to the point I've been able to predict everything they're about to say before they say it as if I'm rewatching a movie i've seen before for the last 6 or 7 years or so.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a friend in my circle that bugs the shit our of me. She either talks in a grumpy/judgmental tone, or at other times is loud, childish and obnoxious. I've had other friends tell me "that's just how she is". But it makes me not want to interact with her or do things with other friends when she's going to be there.
I don't think you need to spend time with someone you don't like. If you don't like them, you don't like them, even if you don't have a "good" reason. Having to deal with people you don't like happens enough with work and family, no need to suffer in what sounds like a somewhat low risk social situation. Some people are just irritating. Personally, I can practically picture this person and its not good. Sounds like your friends know she's a handful and have just decided to go to bat for her for some reason.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I've recently learned after chatting with a groups of friends that a couple of my acquaintances use the term jailbait as a blanket term for anyone under 18. As far as I'm concerned that phrase is only used to refer to minors you're attracted to or the context is otherwise sexual. To refer to anyone under 18 as jailbait just feels...gross? Those two are poly and one for sure is a thot-obsessed coomer so maybe they just always see things in terms of that.

Like, these people have no threat of going after minors, it's not about that. But the conversation and usage just struck me for some reason and I don't know where else to say it.

Quantum Diabetes

Here we are face to face a couple of silver spoons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Confused old people with a marginal link to sentience, yet what little they have left is fully devoted to being in your way and tripping you up while you’re shopping

okwhyamidoingthis

kiwifarms.net
Seeing our generation so hopeless.

There's no object way of knowing it - but I'd guess we didn't deserve it.

I don't know if any other generation since the fall of Rome has come to be so weary and feel so old at such a young age as millenials (who are too aware of their reality).

Disastrously Dumb

kiwifarms.net
Salmonella, is a disease that you get from eating raw chicken
I know that its named after a scientist

but for fucks sake... Salmonella sounds like a Salmon flavored spread

like really?! why name it Salmonella?!

Daniel E Salmon

why not name it Daniel's Disease?
or DES disease or E. Salmo Disease

But fuck sake WHY SALMONELLA?!