Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

Vlinny Chan

This Halloween, I'm going as a massive faggot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Making this thread so we can properly freak ourselves out for the Halloween season. That is the goal, at least.

Describe something that creeps you out when you think about it. It could be anything to a story that you heard, something that you found on the internet one day, an experience that you had personally, whatever. This thread is a glowing campfire for you to share whatever spooky shit that crosses your mind so that the rest of us can't sleep at night without the lights on.

Disclaimer: Please keep politics and current events out of this if possible. I want this thread to be scary, not depressing.

I sometimes get sleep paralysis. I will be lying down in bed one evening and then all of the sudden I'm ether hearing shit, seeing shit, or both and it will be really hard to get up to snap out of it, or to even react. I've had shit thrown at me, shadowy hands grab my arm through the blanket, I was took into the next room through the wall on many occasion, got screamed at by someone who I could not see clearly, laughed at by an entire room full of unidentified children, I went shopping at walmart frantically one time, I've visited my mothers grave and the tombstone was her skeleton on a cross (that one really got to me when I came out of it. She's not dead btw), and a ton of other shit that I can't think of specifically at the moment. A vast majority of it is auditory hallucinations and I can recognise it right away and wake myself up from it. If I lay back down after that, I can chain hallucinations back to back and it bugs the fuck out of me because I just want to go to sleep and I fucking know that some weird bullshit that I don't want to see is right after that.

Happy Halloween! I fucking love this time of year!

proxy-image.gif

BanalEntropy

Cyberbullying should be a federal offense
kiwifarms.net
I get intense hypnagogic hallucinations. The visual ones fuck with my memory but the auditory ones scare me. I'll hear someone pounding on my door, windows breaking, people whispering, heavy objects falling down, thunder, etc. I swear I'm gonna get robbed and murdered one of these days because I'm going to ignore the sounds of someone breaking in.

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
Driving down quiet roads on moonless nights or before dawn is always just a bit tense.

About a year and a half ago I was returning home from my then fiance's apartment late at night. I took my usual route home and was on autopilot beyond the usual deer watch. It was a quiet, still night - well past midnight. A light fog had settled in some places, reducing visibility slightly but not by enough to make me drive differently.

As I was cresting a hill, I saw movement out of the corner of my right eye. This disheveled looking older woman rushed out of the darkness and tried to flag down my car. I felt my skin crawl and NOPE'd my way away from her, breaking the speed limit for the next 5 miles.
I don't normally get spooked by hitchhikers but what the fuck kind of strategy is that?

Also, do people really find graveyards spooky? I get the whole "dead people are everywhere" thing but they're actually quite peaceful places.

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
The possibility of developing Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia when I'm old. I honestly can't imagine a worse hell, and would rather just opt for assisted suicide than live my last days like that.

Having tweakers start bugging you in the middle of the night when you're out bothers me as well because I never know if they're just going to keep sperging but stay harmless, or decide to pull a weapon on me.

Tags
None