Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

Mao Hao Hao

Nibble Nibble
kiwifarms.net
Places that are normally very packed during the day or busy 90% of the time with foot traffic (schools, malls, hospitals etc) scare me when they are empty. Not abandoned ones, more if you went into them late at night and everything is closed and dark and silent. Probably didn't help that I have a friend who worked as a security guard in a mall and he would routinely tell me all the scary stuff that sometimes happened on his shifts. Most of the time it was homeless people causing noises/tipping stuff over outside, but other times there was no real explination at the time for certain things, like items falling off of shelves despite nothing touching them. I also had to work very late night shifts at a supermarket years ago, and its a little eerie being alone in the aisles with no one else around besides the other scattered night staff.
In a related note, mannequins freak me right out too, especially the more realistic ones which have 'hair' and could be mistaken for a real person in the dark or if you are not paying attention.

Austrian Conscript 1915

Serbien muss sterbien!
kiwifarms.net
Does the video document the crimes they committed to end up there?
I have very little sympathy for goat-fuckers honestly. I have sympathy for their victims though
the arabs in that prison were not terrorists, they were high ranking officials in the Iraqi military and government. And you might say that they may have committed war crimes or something but we also praise Genghis Khan and have a far worse pedophile elite. No matter how many people Genghis killed I don't think he deserves to get tortured in that prison.

One of the guys who was imprisoned there was a general who was arrested by Saddam Hussein for criticizing him, he was freed but then the US military put him in Abu Ghraib because he had some relation to Hussein. Other high ranking government officers were in there as well. As far as I know there weren't any terrorists in there

John Waters Art Bong

Patty Hitler told me everything.
kiwifarms.net
The idea of someone close to me becoming a missing person is something that's deeply upsetting to me in a way I have difficulty putting words to. It's a fate worse than death in that it could literally be anything; from an unfortunate accident, to being sex trafficked, to being tortured to death- the uncertainty and lack of closure would be beyond awful, and I don't know how the families of missing people even function from day to day.

Pistoleer

kiwifarms.net
Empty office buildings at night can be really spooky. Also datacentres: I've been in them late at night, and it's easy to freak yourself out, the noise of all those server fans can make you think stuff like "Did I just hear the door open and close? Is there someone or something in here with me"?
Back years ago I used to do work part time at an old car dealership as a porter. Cleaning up, parking cars, dumping trash etc. Being alone in that place was creepy as all hell. Especially considering it was on a hilltop and when it was windy that old building made all kinds of strange noises.

A bit late, but I really think people underestimate the vastness of the US and the danger of deserts. Before I ever heard of the Death Valley Germans, I helped out a German couple in Utah at one of the national parks. They didn't have more than a 16 ounce bottle of water between them and it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day. When I saw them, it looked like they were looking for a water fountain in the trailhead parking lot which was nowhere near town or the visitor's center. This in spite of the fact that there are signs posted everywhere about how much water people need to have with them in the desert. Maybe they didn't read English too well? I think they just couldn't conceptualize how hot and dry it was, I don't think it's a just German thing, but I wondered.
This is true for people who live in the US too. People have no idea just how many long stretches between anything there are in this country. Hell when discussing the Kyle Rittenhouse case people on this website were surprised by the fact that a 30 mile drive across state lines is just a basic evening trip to people in rural areas. People come to these places from the city and are shocked when told that the lakes/river/woods are insanely large and fucking dangerous.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
I fell down the rabbit hole reading about the Death Valley Germans, and it terrifies me.

I've never liked desert areas, and have no desire to EVER visit Death Valley. I have a strange feeling it's full of bad spirits.

It sounds like they failed to grasp how actually remote remote locations in the United States can be. The car was found somewhere nobody sane would have even tried to go without serious preparation, at least if they knew what it was like, in a park known for its dangerousness and literally called "Death Valley."

I'd like to go there at some point but it's nowhere to fuck around and get stranded, and the weather extremes are, well, extreme. You can get second degree sunburns and die of heatstroke during the day and freeze at night.

A bit late, but I really think people underestimate the vastness of the US and the danger of deserts. Before I ever heard of the Death Valley Germans, I helped out a German couple in Utah at one of the national parks. They didn't have more than a 16 ounce bottle of water between them and it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day. When I saw them, it looked like they were looking for a water fountain in the trailhead parking lot which was nowhere near town or the visitor's center. This in spite of the fact that there are signs posted everywhere about how much water people need to have with them in the desert. Maybe they didn't read English too well? I think they just couldn't conceptualize how hot and dry it was, I don't think it's a just German thing, but I wondered.
I love the desert, and sometimes wish I could live in one, but then I remember that's where Breaking Bad/No Country for Old Men-type shit goes down.

Chan Fan

Not Mossad
kiwifarms.net
The idea of someone close to me becoming a missing person is something that's deeply upsetting to me in a way I have difficulty putting words to. It's a fate worse than death in that it could literally be anything; from an unfortunate accident, to being sex trafficked, to being tortured to death- the uncertainty and lack of closure would be beyond awful, and I don't know how the families of missing people even function from day to day.

I knew someone who was kidnapped and was missing for nine months and it was a sense of helplessness like nothing I've felt before or since

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
What the US government did to a guy named Jose Padilla. Converted to Islam and did some questionable traveling and got his citizenship taken away and designated an "enemy combatant" with an indefinite military prison sentence. They tortured him with complete sensory deprivation. Some of the evidence used to convict him was based on an internet joke that you could make nuclear weapon by swinging a bucket filled with uranium really fast.

"According to the psychiatrist Dr. Angela Hegarty, who spent 22 hours with Padilla in 2006, “What happened at the brig was essentially the destruction of a human being’s mind.” Link

Jose_Padilla_at_the_Navy_Consolidated_Brig.jpg

Endless blackness...

Last edited:

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
I love the desert, and sometimes wish I could live in one, but then I remember that's where Breaking Bad/No Country for Old Men-type shit goes down.
And the fact that the guy who found their remains said he never wanted to go back to the area because it scared him a bit is the icing on the cake for me.

If an experienced hiker/search and rescue guy claims the area scares him a bit, ain't no way I'm going there.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Welcome to my life. Those are the only dreams I have anymore, and they're never fantastical, it's like my normal life. I went thought a pretty rough patch for a while where I was starting to lose track of what had actually happened and what just happened in a dream. It still fucks with me, and maybe it sounds silly, but it's really fucked up when you're never sure if you're awake or not.
Realistic dreams club checking in. I had this exact experience last night. I was remembering something and couldn't tell if it really happened or not. Hope this doesn't become a problem when I'm older.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
I go out early for exercise occasionally. Really early. Wearing one of my black and white cloaks. I can't wear all white, but that will do from time to time. It's really early... see something out of the corner of my eye. Skunk. Sees me, about to get concerned, then it nods like we're in a beer commercial and walks away. Kinda creeps me out, man. I'm not even holding a beer.
Oh, and also flat chested chicks who use silent hill music to get to sleep. Creepy. I ain't kidding. I could tell you of a whore....

disky

Harusist
kiwifarms.net
yesterday i took some medicine ive never taken and it gave me nightmares. the most disturbing one was me seeing 2 dudes acidentally shoot their pet dog, and so they decide to kill it to put it out of it's misery, so they end up repeatedly trying to smash its head why it whimpers and crys the entire time.

Tags
None