Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

Eto

kiwifarms.net
A dream that I had about demons, which has left me perturbed for quite some time due to how realistic it was.

It starts out fairly normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, especially for a dream. I take a glance at a bookshelf in my room, and noticed a Bible on it. I wasn't exactly a devote man of faith at that time but I still believed in God, yet something had compelled me to pick it up and read a passage or two, which is pretty normal for a dream. There was something peculiar about it -- it seemed perfectly normal, but my intuition told me that something was off. I look at the cover, and from 'Holy Bible' it morphs into 'Hell'. Once that cover changed, I dropped it and it began expelling demons -- shadows of figures. After that, I woke up panting and in a sweat; wondering what the hell had happened, and if it had actually happened before realizing it was a nightmare.

T0oCoolFool

kiwifarms.net
Complete spur of the moment crimes scare me, because it can literally happen to anyone. Like, I'm afraid of heights but I can avoid that by simply not going to high places. But what about being randomly attacked? There are ways you can minimize your risks of this; don't go to bad neighborhoods, don't hang out with sketchy people, etc., but it won't actually guarantee you safety from a spur of the moment crime. Anyone you interact with, be it a stranger or people you have known for years, could just up and snap and attack or kill you.

You could be just minding your own business, sitting on a bus, listening to music, when all of a sudden, some random schitzo thinks God told him cut your head off:

Mr Baker, a former church custodian and computer programmer who emigrated from China to Canada in 2001, repeatedly stabbed Mr McLean, who was sitting next to him, before cutting off his head and removing internal organs.

The attack began without warning. Alerted by screams from the victim, the driver stopped the bus and fled with the passengers as Mr Baker continued his attack.

In 2009, Mr Baker was found not criminally responsible for the killing. He then spent seven years in treatment in a secure wing of a psychiatric hospital.

In an interview with a schizophrenia society in 2012, he said he heard what he believed was "the voice of God".

Or, you could just be a kind old man, out for a walk on a nice Easter Sunday. Too bad you didn't know some random stranger snapped that day and decided to kill someone and live stream it. It could have been anyone, but sadly, you just happened to be the first person he saw. (I remember accidentally seeing the video and I wish I could forget it, poor guy)

The horrifying video, which police say is real, shows him driving up to an elderly man, getting out of his car, and opening fire.

The victim has been identified by Cleveland Police as Robert Godwin, 74, and his son told Cleveland.com that he was on an afternoon walk when he was approached by Stephens.

What about being pushed in front of a train? It horrifies me how there are MULTIPLE stories of strangers who just suddenly get the urge to push someone in front of a train:

A man standing among passengers at a train station in Germany on Monday pushed a woman and her 8-year-old son onto the tracks, in the path of a high-speed train. The boy was hit and killed instantly; his mother survived. Witnesses at the main Frankfurt station ran after the attacker, tackled him, and held him until he could be arrested, the Guardian reports. Police said the suspect tried to push another person onto the tracks who was able to fight him off. The boy's mother avoided being hit by the train by rolling into a space between platforms, police said. She was being treated Monday for shock.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Complete spur of the moment crimes scare me, because it can literally happen to anyone. Like, I'm afraid of heights but I can avoid that by simply not going to high places. But what about being randomly attacked? There are ways you can minimize your risks of this; don't go to bad neighborhoods, don't hang out with sketchy people, etc., but it won't actually guarantee you safety from a spur of the moment crime. Anyone you interact with, be it a stranger or people you have known for years, could just up and snap and attack or kill you.

You could be just minding your own business, sitting on a bus, listening to music, when all of a sudden, some random schitzo thinks God told him cut your head off:

Or, you could just be a kind old man, out for a walk on a nice Easter Sunday. Too bad you didn't know some random stranger snapped that day and decided to kill someone and live stream it. It could have been anyone, but sadly, you just happened to be the first person he saw. (I remember accidentally seeing the video and I wish I could forget it, poor guy)

What about being pushed in front of a train? It horrifies me how there are MULTIPLE stories of strangers who just suddenly get the urge to push someone in front of a train:

Oh, the Godwin case made me cry.
Someone's grandpa out for a walk, and gets shot by a crazy man. You could see the fear in his face when crazy pulled the gun on him.

T0oCoolFool

kiwifarms.net
Oh, the Godwin case made me cry.
Someone's grandpa out for a walk, and gets shot by a crazy man. You could see the fear in his face when crazy pulled the gun on him.
I wish I hadn't seen it. I had no idea what I was watching when I saw the video pop up on my feed. I see a nice grandpa walking, and then suddenly, this crazy bastard drives up to him and takes his life. I felt numb for days after seeing that.

Vlinny Chan

This Halloween, I'm going as a massive faggot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had a nightmare last night that left me in sweats when I woke up. I was laying down in bed when all of the sudden I feel something run across my stomach. I pull out the covers and there is a fucking tarantula 4 or 5 inches big at my side. I use the blanket as a shield for my hands and quickly smash it down. I toss the body aside and lay back down. Then, I feel something on my arm. I pull the covers once more and it's another fucking tarantula crawling up my arm. I try to shake it off because I believed at the time that if I try to kill it while it's on me, it will bite and it is going to be very painful and may end up killing me. I swing my arm out and it goes flying and hits the wall next to me. It bounces back on my bed and I kill it immediately like I did with the last one. As soon as it's dead, there is a third tarantula running quickly across my chest and on to my neck and to the side of my face. I run around the house mortified not knowing what to do and scared that it will bite. I can see it's fangs for some reason and they are pure white and long. This is also when I notice how warm the thing is, and that it is pulsing. I walk into the kitchen and slam my palm against the side of my head really hard in an attempt to get the fucker off of me. First couple of times don't work. Eventually it strings down like any other spider and as soon as it hits the ground I stomp on it. My mother walks into the room and I ask her to look on my back to see if there are any bite marks there since I fear that this isn't the first time that they have been in my bed. She looks for a few seconds before she tells me that there is another one in my hair. I can feel it moving around and I suddenly wake up all sweaty and freaked out. The first thing I did was turn on the lights and pull the blanket to see if anything was there (thankfully nothing).

God I fucking hate spiders. I really developed an arachnophobia this year.

DesperateForAJelq

Just a quick jelq if you please
kiwifarms.net
The idea that we are truly alone in the universe really scares the shit outta me.

And it's not because life can't exist anywhere else it's because no other life has evolved/become intelligent enough to explore the stars.

We might be scouring the night skies looking for someone to talk to but the cold reality might be that we'll never get a reply. Or we might all be dust by the time another species gets to a point where they could reach out to us.

I mean someone has to be the first to take a voyage out into the stars, right?

Alternatively we could get a response and it's the fucking Tyranids or Orkz so you know half glass full right?

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
The idea that we are truly alone in the universe really scares the shit outta me.

And it's not because life can't exist anywhere else it's because no other life has evolved/become intelligent enough to explore the stars.

We might be scouring the night skies looking for someone to talk to but the cold reality might be that we'll never get a reply. Or we might all be dust by the time another species gets to a point where they could reach out to us.

I mean someone has to be the first to take a voyage out into the stars, right?

Alternatively we could get a response and it's the fucking Tyranids or Orkz so you know half glass full right?
On that note, what if we're the first? What if we just lucked out from the law of large numbers and ended up on this wee planet that has stronger gravity than it should just because of the metals, with a coincidentally perfect, beautiful single moon, and just the right distance from our star to have eclipses, seasons, and weather that makes a large enough habitable area and that's what gave us a speed-boost? What if it's going to take everyone else a lot longer and we burn ourselves out before anyone else evolves?
Our bones will be here, alone and forgotten while some other system's fucking space-squids are having an interstellar rave among the stars.

• Feels
Reactions: Lady Round Buns

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
Lost a classmate to a car accident in high school. They had to take him off life support. I am haunted by the knowledge there's a chance he was at least semi-conscious and could hear what was going on when they did. There was no saving him regardless but could he hear what was going on in the room? Did he realize what was going on? Did it register that like half the entire grade and others dropped everything and ran to the hospital an hour away? Did he know?
yesterday i took some medicine ive never taken and it gave me nightmares. the most disturbing one was me seeing 2 dudes acidentally shoot their pet dog, and so they decide to kill it to put it out of it's misery, so they end up repeatedly trying to smash its head why it whimpers and crys the entire time.
This past spring I tried a new kind of melatonin. I had the most VIVID dreams because of that melatonin. Not exactly nightmares, but just vivid, strange, and unsettling. Several times I woke up with sweats.

The brand is Natrol for anyone interested in getting knocked out and having vivid dreams.

disky

Harusist
kiwifarms.net
Lost a classmate to a car accident in high school. They had to take him off life support. I am haunted by the knowledge there's a chance he was at least semi-conscious and could hear what was going on when they did. There was no saving him regardless but could he hear what was going on in the room? Did he realize what was going on? Did it register that like half the entire grade and others dropped everything and ran to the hospital an hour away? Did he know?

This past spring I tried a new kind of melatonin. I had the most VIVID dreams because of that melatonin. Not exactly nightmares, but just vivid, strange, and unsettling. Several times I woke up with sweats.

The brand is Natrol for anyone interested in getting knocked out and having vivid dreams.
same here, i have dollar store melatonin which is objectively the jankiest kind. i never dream normally so it's weird to actually have dreams

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
I absolutely hated this shit in my biology classes. I'm not at all squeamish but this...
I take it you never went to the "Bodies" exhibit made with the corpses of Chinese prisoners?

Also:

Jelly Duvall

Sometimes Shelley Duvall, sometimes Gale Weathers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I want to assume that the call was some kind of fucked up joke, but I'm starting to notice that people say that because they don't want to admit how much more fucked up things could really be.

After viewing the Unsolved Mysteries segment, stuff just does not add up at l to me. The mother in particular seems culpable

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
This is true for people who live in the US too. People have no idea just how many long stretches between anything there are in this country. Hell when discussing the Kyle Rittenhouse case people on this website were surprised by the fact that a 30 mile drive across state lines is just a basic evening trip to people in rural areas. People come to these places from the city and are shocked when told that the lakes/river/woods are insanely large and fucking dangerous.
They don't even have to be that big. I've worked in woods that couldn't have been more than 4 sq miles and come up on people aimlessly wandering the firebreaks confused about where they are.
Like they couldn't comprehend that even on semi-maintained access trails, its not a fucking walk in the park to navigate through.

Dilligaff

Spergacious reeing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They don't even have to be that big. I've worked in woods that couldn't have been more than 4 sq miles and come up on people aimlessly wandering the firebreaks confused about where they are.
Like they couldn't comprehend that even on semi-maintained access trails, its not a fucking walk in the park to navigate through.
It also occurs to me that a lot of people in the US (or maybe even the western world?) think that the whole world is essentially a theme park, especially national parks. I've read stories where park rangers tell people not to harass buffalo or elk and the visitor retorts something to the effect of "it's not dangerous! The government would never let dangerous animals into a park!" I find that attitude disturbing.

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
It also occurs to me that a lot of people in the US (or maybe even the western world?) think that the whole world is essentially a theme park, especially national parks. I've read stories where park rangers tell people not to harass buffalo or elk and the visitor retorts something to the effect of "it's not dangerous! The government would never let dangerous animals into a park!" I find that attitude disturbing.
Oh my gawd you don't know the half of it.

A lot of visitors think that way. Not all, but some. Like its the duty of staff to freaking pacify nature so Betty & Marge don't have to worry about creepy-crawlies when they are walking through the woods.

Actual conservations I've had:
Encountered two ladies on the boardwalk on the way into some dune scrub/maritime grassland.

"What's that funky antenna for?"
"Its a radio receiver. I'm tracking rattlesnakes."
"Oh! Do you kill them when you find them?"
"No ma'am, we are actually trying to preserve them."
"Why?" (clearly agitated)
A wildlife response call:

"There's an alligator in the tidepool!"
"Yes sir we are aware of the alligator in the tidepool."
"Well are you going to do anything about it?!?"
"No sir, if we wait until sundown it will likely move off on its own under the cover of darkness"
"Well there are people on the beach and I'm worried it will attack someone! You need to do something about it!"
"Would you like me to close the beach off to people until it leaves?"
"........"

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Oh my gawd you don't know the half of it.

A lot of visitors think that way. Not all, but some. Like its the duty of staff to freaking pacify nature so Betty & Marge don't have to worry about creepy-crawlies when they are walking through the woods.

Actual conservations I've had:
Encountered two ladies on the boardwalk on the way into some dune scrub/maritime grassland.

"What's that funky antenna for?"
"Its a radio receiver. I'm tracking rattlesnakes."
"Oh! Do you kill them when you find them?"
"No ma'am, we are actually trying to preserve them."
"Why?" (clearly agitated)
A wildlife response call:

"There's an alligator in the tidepool!"
"Yes sir we are aware of the alligator in the tidepool."
"Well are you going to do anything about it?!?"
"No sir, if we wait until sundown it will likely move off on its own under the cover of darkness"
"Well there are people on the beach and I'm worried it will attack someone! You need to do something about it!"
"Would you like me to close the beach off to people until it leaves?"
"........"
That's shit I've learned in kindergarten, don't fuck around with wild animals. They can KILL you.
I'm always amazed at the stupidity of tourists who want selfies with a mama buffalo and her calf, or want one with a bear.

Cyclonus

kiwifarms.net
Ever hear of Graham Young? He was a kid who was obsessed with poison, hospitalised his sister and his father and killed his mother (although they couldn't prove the last one because she was cremated when she died). He was found to be insane and was sectioned to Broadmoor mental hospital until he was an adult. Then they deemed him cured, released him and found him a nice job at a camera factory (without telling his employers what he did). Lo and behold, his coworkers start getting sick and two people end up dying. Off he goes to Broadmoor again, this time for life. ITV did a great dramatisation of it. It only covers the adult murders for some reason, but it's still creepy as hell.

Tags
None