Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Lo and behold, his coworkers start getting sick and two people end up dying. Off he goes to Broadmoor again, this time for life.

Imagine being British. A country so fucking cucked they literally just put serial killers back into society so they can do it again. Can you imagine living in a country that literally hates you so much they literally send murderers out to kill you?

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
Since we're sort of going off into true crime, has anyone heard of the Christopher Porco case?

Son of Peter and Joan Porco, Christopher, is a habitual liar and some kind of 'path, who would grift money from his parents under the guise of being in college. He was actually flunking out of college. He decides to kill his parents to get money and because he knew eventually they would find out about it and cut him off. He axes his parents to death in their bed...only they didn't actually die. The police found Peter Porco on the floor *I think* near the door or in the kitchen. He was in a pool of blood. There was a blood trail leading outside to the mailbox. Joan was actually still conscious, and the EMTs were asking her the questions they're supposed to. They asked her if she knew who did it. She said yes. They then ask with specific relative names. They ask if Christopher did it. She nods and/or says "ye." She then goes into a coma at the hospital. Now, why was there a blood trail leading outside you ask? Well, turns out Peter Porco didn't immediately die: he fell unconscious after having his head split open, woke up the next morning, put on his clothes, and went to the mailbox before dying in the home. He wasn't really "conscious" though, the part of the brain that controls routine function wasn't destroyed, which is what kept him alive for the brief period and why he was doing innocuous things. The part of the brain controlling intellectual thought and emtoion was destroyed. Basically a dead man walking. Joan wakes up from her coma, she survives, but has amnesia and is totally on the "my son dindunuffin" train.

TL;DR Father and mother get axed by their son. Neither immediately die, and the father wakes up the next day and goes about his morning routine while having a bludgeoned head before dying. Mother implicates son before falling into a coma. She has amnesia, doesn't remember anything, and believes her son is innocent.

Just Here for A and H

Raped by whoever winds up replacing Ruth Ginsburg.
kiwifarms.net
Driving down quiet roads on moonless nights or before dawn is always just a bit tense.

About a year and a half ago I was returning home from my then fiance's apartment late at night. I took my usual route home and was on autopilot beyond the usual deer watch. It was a quiet, still night - well past midnight. A light fog had settled in some places, reducing visibility slightly but not by enough to make me drive differently.

As I was cresting a hill, I saw movement out of the corner of my right eye. This disheveled looking older woman rushed out of the darkness and tried to flag down my car. I felt my skin crawl and NOPE'd my way away from her, breaking the speed limit for the next 5 miles.
I don't normally get spooked by hitchhikers but what the fuck kind of strategy is that?

Also, do people really find graveyards spooky? I get the whole "dead people are everywhere" thing but they're actually quite peaceful places.
Rural country road spooks are some of the eeriest shit and if you live in an area with a reputation for it, it's one of those things that no one believes unless they've also had it happen to them. I have some stories but by necessity it would involve power-leveling so I'm going to refrain from telling them (sorry). As for a personal fear of mine: coma dreams/worlds, and unreality or false reality in general. The ending of that unfinished Mark Twain novel is the most chilling piece of literature I've ever read.

For as much as a year Satan continued these visits, but at last he came less often, and then for a long time he did not come at all. This always made me lonely and melancholy. I felt that he was losing interest in our tiny world and might at any time abandon his visits entirely. When one day he finally came to me I was overjoyed, but only for a little while. He had come to say good-by, he told me, and for the last time. He had investigations and undertakings in other corners of the universe, he said, that would keep him busy for a longer period than I could wait for his return.

"And you are going away, and will not come back any more?"

"Yes," he said. "We have comraded long together, and it has been pleasant--pleasant for both; but I must go now, and we shall not see each other any more."

"In this life, Satan, but in another? We shall meet in another, surely?"

Then, all tranquilly and soberly, he made the strange answer, "There is no other."

A subtle influence blew upon my spirit from his, bringing with it a vague, dim, but blessed and hopeful feeling that the incredible words might be true--even must be true.

"Have you never suspected this, Theodor?"

"No. How could I? But if it can only be true--"

"It is true."

A gust of thankfulness rose in my breast, but a doubt checked it before it could issue in words, and I said, "But--but--we have seen that future life--seen it in its actuality, and so--"

"It was a vision--it had no existence."

I could hardly breathe for the great hope that was struggling in me. "A vision?--a vi--"

"Life itself is only a vision, a dream."

It was electrical. By God! I had had that very thought a thousand times in my musings!

"Nothing exists; all is a dream. God--man--the world--the sun, the moon, the wilderness of stars--a dream, all a dream; they have no existence. Nothing exists save empty space--and you!"

"I!"

"And you are not you--you have no body, no blood, no bones, you are but a thought. I myself have no existence; I am but a dream--your dream, creature of your imagination. In a moment you will have realized this, then you will banish me from your visions and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me....

"I am perishing already--I am failing--I am passing away. In a little while you will be alone in shoreless space, to wander its limitless solitudes without friend or comrade forever--for you will remain a thought, the only existent thought, and by your nature inextinguishable, indestructible. But I, your poor servant, have revealed you to yourself and set you free. Dream other dreams, and better!

"Strange! that you should not have suspected years ago--centuries, ages, eons, ago!--for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities. Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and its contents were only dreams, visions, fiction! Strange, because they are so frankly and hysterically insane--like all dreams: a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice and invented hell--mouths mercy and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules, and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him!...

"You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks--in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present; you should have recognized them earlier.

"It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream--a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought--a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!"

He vanished, and left me appalled; for I knew, and realized, that all he had said was true.

Easy way to scare the shit out of me is if it's really dark and I see something crawling at me really fast on all fours.
I mentioned at the top of the post that rural spooks are some of the worst, and I actually have a funny-in-hindsight but terrifying-at-the-time story from a few months back about this: I was out for a smoke at about 2AM, and I thought I was alone in the yard when suddenly I see something running at me on all fours, eyes glowing in the dark and I was on the verge of pissing myself until I realized it was my dog -- my housemate had let him out without me knowing just minutes before I myself went outside.

Part of what scared me about it was, I think, that mountain lions have been sighted on peoples' property in the area several times in the last couple years, and not a week prior I was out with my dog at around the same time of night and my dog was staring into the far corner of the property, petrified and whining and making sure he was always between me and whatever it was he saw. I realized something was up and promptly brought him inside and something ran past the basement window when I went downstairs to do laundry about 10 minutes later. Quite chilling; I still have no idea what it was but I've never seen my dog scared before or since.

Last edited:

alreadyhome

kiwifarms.net
It creeps me out when people say "at the end of the day," because every person I've ever heard say it has been without exception malevolent and/or insane, so this seemingly innocuous phrase is a flawless indicator of character, even if it's one of the first things I hear them say.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
How many unidentified serial killers walk among us and we're completely ignorant of that fact when we're out in public like shopping or seeing a movie.

Yesterday I was watching the news clip where the infamous Zodiac Killer called in and threatened to shoot a school bus full of children. After browsing Zodiac Killer's entry at Wikipedia I discovered identity thief Robert Nichols aka. Joseph Chandler, who left his family then shortly changed his identity. Ultimately the authorities were able to discover his real identity after his suicide and rumors that he could be a career criminal, possibly the Zodiac Killer himself.

The 8 of Spades

Kiwi Farms' Friendly Local SALVATION™ Salesman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ever hear of Graham Young? He was a kid who was obsessed with poison, hospitalised his sister and his father and killed his mother (although they couldn't prove the last one because she was cremated when she died). He was found to be insane and was sectioned to Broadmoor mental hospital until he was an adult. Then they deemed him cured, released him and found him a nice job at a camera factory (without telling his employers what he did). Lo and behold, his coworkers start getting sick and two people end up dying. Off he goes to Broadmoor again, this time for life. ITV did a great dramatisation of it. It only covers the adult murders for some reason, but it's still creepy as hell.

Lol, I just listened to a video about him last night, that's weird.
How many unidentified serial killers walk among us and we're completely ignorant of that fact when we're out in public like shopping or seeing a movie.

Yesterday I was watching the news clip where the infamous Zodiac Killer called in and threatened to shoot a school bus full of children. After browsing Zodiac Killer's entry at Wikipedia I discovered identity thief Robert Nichols aka. Joseph Chandler, who left his family then shortly changed his identity. Ultimately the authorities were able to discover his real identity after his suicide and rumors that he could be a career criminal, possibly the Zodiac Killer himself.
It's ok, you can just say Ted Cruz.

behavioral swamp thang

preparing to TRANNYPORT in 3..2..1..
kiwifarms.net
Personal Horror story

So my friend used to live in this single story home as a teenager. Being a degenerate she decided to sneak out her window and left it open. When she came back she knew someone had been in her room. Her bed sheets were moved around. She knew it wasn't her mom because this was the middle of the night and her mom would have blown up her cell phone if she had known she was sneaking out.

Fast forward five years, and my friend is working this job and her and a female coworker start talking about freaky shit that has happened to them. Her coworker talked about how she saw a guy sneaking into different homes from her window when she was younger. My friend asked her address and this bitch's home directly overlooked my friends old house. The man was arrested the same week my friend snuck out for multiple rape charges.

Can never sleep with the shades open or windows unlocked after that one, ngl.

AnOminous

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Part of what scared me about it was, I think, that mountain lions have been sighted on peoples' property in the area several times in the last couple years, and not a week prior I was out with my dog at around the same time of night and my dog was staring into the far corner of the property, petrified and whining and making sure he was always between me and whatever it was he saw.

You love to love dogs, though. Even terrified out of their mind their first thought is to protect you.

The man was arrested the same week my friend snuck out for multiple rape charges.

A woman I know had exactly this kind of shit happen, a dude trying to come in her fire escape. She just belted out a scream at the top of her lungs and the guy took off. Later a serial rapist was arrested. Same guy? Odds are pretty good.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Bleach is healthy.
kiwifarms.net
Deep sea fish freak me the hell out. Regular fish are already a little weird to look at with their dead cold stares, and fish with sharp teeth unsettle me, but deep sea fish with their hellish shapes, sharp teeth, and evil looking eyes are pure horror, which isn't helped by the fact that they live far below the depths where humans don't dwell. It's like the further down you go away from land creatures, the worse the fish get.

AnOminous

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Deep sea fish freak me the hell out. Regular fish are already a little weird to look at with their dead cold stares, and fish with sharp teeth unsettle me, but deep sea fish with their hellish shapes, sharp teeth, and evil looking eyes are pure horror, which isn't helped by the fact that they live far below the depths where humans don't dwell. It's like the further down you go away from land creatures, the worse the fish get.

At least you're unlikely ever to encounter them personally.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
Since we're sort of going off into true crime, has anyone heard of the Christopher Porco case?

Son of Peter and Joan Porco, Christopher, is a habitual liar and some kind of 'path, who would grift money from his parents under the guise of being in college. He was actually flunking out of college. He decides to kill his parents to get money and because he knew eventually they would find out about it and cut him off. He axes his parents to death in their bed...only they didn't actually die. The police found Peter Porco on the floor *I think* near the door or in the kitchen. He was in a pool of blood. There was a blood trail leading outside to the mailbox. Joan was actually still conscious, and the EMTs were asking her the questions they're supposed to. They asked her if she knew who did it. She said yes. They then ask with specific relative names. They ask if Christopher did it. She nods and/or says "ye." She then goes into a coma at the hospital. Now, why was there a blood trail leading outside you ask? Well, turns out Peter Porco didn't immediately die: he fell unconscious after having his head split open, woke up the next morning, put on his clothes, and went to the mailbox before dying in the home. He wasn't really "conscious" though, the part of the brain that controls routine function wasn't destroyed, which is what kept him alive for the brief period and why he was doing innocuous things. The part of the brain controlling intellectual thought and emtoion was destroyed. Basically a dead man walking. Joan wakes up from her coma, she survives, but has amnesia and is totally on the "my son dindunuffin" train.

TL;DR Father and mother get axed by their son. Neither immediately die, and the father wakes up the next day and goes about his morning routine while having a bludgeoned head before dying. Mother implicates son before falling into a coma. She has amnesia, doesn't remember anything, and believes her son is innocent.
That case reminds me of the Van Breda murders in South Africa. Rich well to do family has son who becomes meth addict.

In the middle of the night son tries to murder entire family with axe and blame an intruder who somehow entered and left the heavily guarded home.

Only his sister survived but has no memory of the event.

In his court appearances and testimony he has a completely flat affect and dark bags under his eyes probably from chronic meth use.

1528364715-henri-van-breda-reenactment.jpg

His superficial injuries after the supposed axe murderer who killed his family attacked him:
87a4da246fe348fb9e9084a11c839e1c.png

Last edited:

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
I have a constantly-running fear of being Actually Bad...hard to explain, but I randomly found out it's a type of OCD.

Oh, and, once I started being medicated for my other stuff, I became such a scaredy-cat, I get fucked up by mildest things. Excerbated by how I love scary stories and whatnot...

Professional Lurker

I'm creeping!
kiwifarms.net
I love watching horror videos at night, like some cheap Chills top 10 list or Llama Arts animated thing, just for the thrill of being terrified, but it sometimes gets to the level that I think I may have heard something, or saw a shadow budge or dash into a doorway. It's one thing to be scared of something in the dark, but it's another to be scared of something in the dark that you can't see, hear, and don't know what and where it is.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
You're doing a workout at like 3-4 in the morning and you go by a place you know has motion detector lights. Fine. You get there and the light turns on, but when you're still within motion detector range since you've been there before it suddenly turns off. ... Then you hear something crush a leaf behind you.

Super Colon Blow

Sucks and blows at the same time!
kiwifarms.net
I watch those crappy fake ass you tube channels with "15 SPOOKY GHOST VIDEOS YOU WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN FOR HAVING SEEN!" and such and nothing really bothers me in that realm. The only thing I like or is spoopy is if really heavy objects are tossed around. Only seen it once and don't know how they faked it. Dude was in a middle eastern abandoned area with homes. Huge ass blue barrel in one room. Guy leaves the room and the thing, which I would guess is like 150 pounds just flies out of position like some muscle dude on crack threw it. Awesome. Can't explain that yet.
I saw that same one. At first I was like WHAT but then the guy started his high pitched gibbering and I fell out of my chair laughing. So then Husband and I poured some drinks and watched some more of this dudes videos just to crack up at the voice he does every time something "paranormal" happens. XD

imthehaydur

Getting my PHD in ALRology
kiwifarms.net
Zombies

They're the only realistic thing between vampires, werewolves, and zombies. Like there's shit out there that controls animal brains already. What's stopping them from jumping to humans eventually?

Especially the smart ones that run and can remember to hold wepons and open doors and shit.

I don't want to get eated by no zombie

Fullmetal Autist

mentally ill trans autistic flower
kiwifarms.net
This Fall I have been watching Twin Peaks again and didn't remember how disturbing it was since last time. For some reason that shit just hits like a horror film, worse than a horror film. It is not so much the imagery that fucks me up (although BOB terrifies), but the concepts relating to Laura's murder and family dynamics if you know what I mean.

My real-life fear is being infested or attacked by bugs while still alive. This is the notion that appears in my worst nightmares and that I cannot stop to think about. Anything with bugs under the skin, or in the flesh. I am a big fan of horror movies but I cannot stand anything with bug infestations, when you can see the colonies moving around in the flesh...

Of "spooky" things, does anyone else fear particularly a very tall object (when you look up from the ground at it) or deep and bottomless area (like the ocean)? I am made viscerally nervous by looking up to water towers or grain elevators that are too big. Tall military or cargo ships scare me the most, simply because of their stature. Paired with the idea that they are in the ocean--imagine standing on ground at the base of one of the huge ships and just looking up...and up...and up. I do not know what the fear comes from, maybe I am scared of getting crushed.

There are a few places you visit and you just know something bad has happened there, or will happen. My friend and I used to hang out in an abandoned concrete lot, until one day we came and the energy was different. There was a strange wind inside of the car though car was off and windows were shut. As soon as we felt the wind there was a strange sense of dread, I cannot explain, but she booked it outta there. The whole way back we are shaking for no reason. Animals on the side of the road kept pausing to look at us as we drove, and a large bear walked in front of the car afterwards.
The next time I go there to check if it is still "haunted", there is now an overwhelming smell of rotten cheese/wet woodchips in the car with the windows shut. The smell somehow lingers in the car after we took off. I promised whatever the fuck who lurked there I wouldn't come back, lol.

It still bothers me about this, simply since the "vibe" of that place was fine until one day, it was just wrong, and the vibe never repaired. I have walked past places that have an energy of something bad happening years ago but that never scared me--it is that in the concrete lot, the energy suddenly became scary one day, as if something had happened there between our visits. There had been quite a few suicides in the area at that time but nothing related to that particular place.

I cannot explain the disgusting smell though, like when someone is stretching their ears and you can smell the flesh peeling off the hole. They say a dead body smells "big" and get stuck in your nose, I hope that if we did smell a dead body it was only that of a deer or something. We never went back inside to check, only drove past it on the way somewhere else.

Tags
None