Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

Ly Erg

Independence for Nod
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being British. A country so fucking cucked they literally just put serial killers back into society so they can do it again. Can you imagine living in a country that literally hates you so much they literally send murderers out to kill you?
Even better. If you were wrongfully convicted and you are found out to have not been able to commit the crime and are let out of prison. You have 50% chance you may not get compensation at all for the years you spent there.

Hell if you want an horrible example of life kicking someone down in the ground. Look up Sean Hodgson. Wrongfully convicted for murder and severed 27 years in prison till it was found that DNA testing and police incompetency was shown that he wasn't the one that did it. The real killer actually confessed to the police back in 1983 that he raped and murdered the woman but the police didn't believe him. The real killer later committed suicide 5 years later.
After 27 years. He was finally let out after being wrongfully convicted. His compensation? One off discharge payment of £46 and than thrown out like trash out of prison with no time or chance to adjust his life as well as being told he would have to spend £250,000 for his upkeep in prison without the possible chance of compensation from all the lawyer battles along with his health deteriorating. He wasn't given long to live either as he died 3 years later of emphysema.

Imagine that. Imagine 27 years of your life wasted for a crime you didn't commit and you are spat out into society like you are nothing with little to no time left in your life with a lung condition that's killing you, some or most of your friends and family could be dead and you have to deal with the horrible bullshit that you are given even being freed. Whenever someone talks about how Great the United Kingdom is, just bring up Sean Hodgson and they will struggle to justify the amount of horrible shit the man had to go through from being convicted to even being let out of it. The sooner the UK splits, the fucking better.

Bubbly Sink

I am an elaborate schizophrenic delusion
kiwifarms.net
I have severe sleep paralysis similar to OP. most of the shit is vivid, but mundane. I have reoccurring "demons" (giant insect!!) That plague my nights. Most nights though it's just some shadow faggot standing in the corner of my room.

One sleep paralysis episode really stood out to me, though.

It was sometime in July, I remember it being very hot so I had my windows completely open (curtains too). My bed is positioned so that the door is perpendicular to the end of the bed, at the opposite end of the room.
IMG_20201013_201118243.jpg
Anyways, the window parallel to my bed had the moon coming in through it. I woke up some time at night and felt a warm breeze come through the window. I was laying on my side and was paralyzed, and I started to see this ... Hand .. long, black claws, scraping on my window screen. Next thing I know, its hand phases through the screen and taps on the floor (arm must have been 3 feet long). The rest of this disgusting creature pops out through the window and hovers over my bed. Tall, hairy, long arms, short legs and a tall body. No eyes, just a small mouth.

And then I wake up.

I hate those moments where I can't move or wake up.

Another thing that scares me is walking in the woods at night. 2 weeks ago I was out with my girlfriend at midnight, we were walking around and we sit down on this old tree stump. We basically make out for about 5 minutes and then I hear what I can only describe as cans dragging on the ground... Now this is an area with lots of stones and old, tall trees, so there's not as much underbrush as other areas. So we look around with our adjusted eyes and all I see is a short figure, probably about 4 feet tall, sauntering towards us about 50 metres away. It keeps coming and it is the shape of a man, but it walks like a monkey. So of course we get the fuck out of dodge...

To this day I dont know what that thing was. I won't try to be a schizo and tell you, but it was freaky.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You absolute faggots should consider just having cats. These are the creatures most aware of supernatural phenomena. If you have cats, they will definitely detect them before you will. So just have cats! Guaranteed protection.

Bubbly Sink

I am an elaborate schizophrenic delusion
kiwifarms.net
You absolute faggots should consider just having cats. These are the creatures most aware of supernatural phenomena. If you have cats, they will definitely detect them before you will. So just have cats! Guaranteed protection.
Cats are amazing

Also sorry for double posting, wifi cut out and I pressed submit too many times

Last edited:

Basil II

you're gonna burn alright
kiwifarms.net
This Fall I have been watching Twin Peaks again and didn't remember how disturbing it was since last time. For some reason that shit just hits like a horror film, worse than a horror film. It is not so much the imagery that fucks me up (although BOB terrifies), but the concepts relating to Laura's murder and family dynamics if you know what I mean.

My real-life fear is being infested or attacked by bugs while still alive. This is the notion that appears in my worst nightmares and that I cannot stop to think about. Anything with bugs under the skin, or in the flesh. I am a big fan of horror movies but I cannot stand anything with bug infestations, when you can see the colonies moving around in the flesh...

Of "spooky" things, does anyone else fear particularly a very tall object (when you look up from the ground at it) or deep and bottomless area (like the ocean)? I am made viscerally nervous by looking up to water towers or grain elevators that are too big. Tall military or cargo ships scare me the most, simply because of their stature. Paired with the idea that they are in the ocean--imagine standing on ground at the base of one of the huge ships and just looking up...and up...and up. I do not know what the fear comes from, maybe I am scared of getting crushed.

There are a few places you visit and you just know something bad has happened there, or will happen. My friend and I used to hang out in an abandoned concrete lot, until one day we came and the energy was different. There was a strange wind inside of the car though car was off and windows were shut. As soon as we felt the wind there was a strange sense of dread, I cannot explain, but she booked it outta there. The whole way back we are shaking for no reason. Animals on the side of the road kept pausing to look at us as we drove, and a large bear walked in front of the car afterwards.
The next time I go there to check if it is still "haunted", there is now an overwhelming smell of rotten cheese/wet woodchips in the car with the windows shut. The smell somehow lingers in the car after we took off. I promised whatever the fuck who lurked there I wouldn't come back, lol.

It still bothers me about this, simply since the "vibe" of that place was fine until one day, it was just wrong, and the vibe never repaired. I have walked past places that have an energy of something bad happening years ago but that never scared me--it is that in the concrete lot, the energy suddenly became scary one day, as if something had happened there between our visits. There had been quite a few suicides in the area at that time but nothing related to that particular place.

I cannot explain the disgusting smell though, like when someone is stretching their ears and you can smell the flesh peeling off the hole. They say a dead body smells "big" and get stuck in your nose, I hope that if we did smell a dead body it was only that of a deer or something. We never went back inside to check, only drove past it on the way somewhere else.
Twin Peaks is absolute kino, good taste. and yes, BOB is terrifying as is the themes in the show, especially since it's symbolism for shit that happens in real life.

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I get intense hypnagogic hallucinations. The visual ones fuck with my memory but the auditory ones scare me. I'll hear someone pounding on my door, windows breaking, people whispering, heavy objects falling down, thunder, etc. I swear I'm gonna get robbed and murdered one of these days because I'm going to ignore the sounds of someone breaking in.
Hholy shit, I get this but had no clue there was a term for it or others did too.

I have vivid dreams of earthquakes, but I found out a dew months back those are happening when I fit in my sleep,
Some stuff that spooks me:

Fatal Familial Insomnia. A currently incurable (IIRC), fatal disease that can occur between 30 and 60. Symptoms start off mild with the inability to sleep some nights, but gradually worsens over time to the point where it literally hurts to sleep. Mental detoriation starts, motor functions fail and stuff, until you eventually die rougly ten months later. I don't think anyone knows the pattern that triggers it, which is why it's spooky. Richard Siagian had it then documented his descent from first symptoms to posting crazy garble videos onto Youtube.
You read Nod by Adrian Barnes too, fren? It's a prion disease like BSE/CJD IIRC, and oftentimes when people are diagnosed thalamic tumours, they stop sleeping and FFI is considered differential diagnosis til the tumour can be found.

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
Anything and everything involving corpses and post-mortem human remains.
Necrophilia, cannibalism, grave desecration.... You get the idea.

I know I'd be dead anyway, and chances are there is no afterlife, but if there was a way to see how our mortal bodies fared after death, I'd hate to see my corpse getting raped by some sicko, or dissected for some shady reason. Gimme cremation and that's it.

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
I want a cat in order to blame weird sounds in the night on it. Plausible deniability for creepy shit.

Edit: Since there are a few weird dream stories thought I'd add mine.
When I was 8 or 10 I had a dream that I woke up and went to the living room. Then I woke up and went to the living room. I think it did permanent damage to my sense of reality. Just the idea that you can't really tell what's real and what's a dream REALLY freaked me out.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: NoReturn

dotONION

oohn
kiwifarms.net
I poke this thread to do more stuff.

I'm scared of a lot of stuff, most of the stuff in here, except I just go to sleep like a Chad so no virgin sleep paralysis. I don't have too many scary stories, but there was one thing that spooked the hell out of me so bad I will occasionally find myself startling awake as I'm falling asleep and hit on this memory for whatever reason:

When I was in high school, my buddies and I would have a lot of bonfires during the summers or on weekends in the fall. One homecoming weekend, we had one at a friend's house. His parents had some land, and because we got in the habit of making huge stacks of buckthorn and leaves and whatever else and then lighting the thing off with some gasoline, the place where we usually burned was in a large open space about 300 yards from the closest structure, which was a shed on his parents property. The open space itself was part of a large-ish valley so there were trees in the distance around us, but not very close. The lower areas of the valley were covered in long grass, but the area around where we burned was pretty much down to the dirt, for obvious reasons.

I remember it was homecoming because we had gone to the football game that night, and to the bonfire afterward. It wasn't a raging party or anything like that, just 6 or 8 of us hanging out, shooting the shit. As it got later, people drifted off home until it was just me and my buddy left with the last of the logs to burn out. We were sitting there talking about something when we heard (or maybe noticed) something that sounded like TV static, at a super low volume. We looked at each other, and just as I was about to ask the question, and he was about to ask the question which couldn't have taken more than a half second, it ramped up massively in volume and kind of exploded into the sound of a power line shorting out. The sounds, in total, couldn't have lasted longer than 4 or 5 seconds, it was there and over. Neither of us ran, neither of us made a sound, we just sat there staring at each other.

Obviously, this story has a very simple explanation: It was just power line short. But the only light around us was coming from the bonfire, and all of the power lines in that area are buried. There were no power boxes close to where we were, the power company never came out to look at anything, and as I was driving home, there wasn't any obvious outage. The power in my friend's house worked, houses in the area had lights on, nothing was out of the ordinary, but that sound sure scared 10 shades of fuck out of me. My friend and I still ask each other now, in that same circumstance, the horror move dark night setup, which is more frightening: Something natural: a voice, a twig snapping, an animal noise; or something completely manufactured: static, an airhorn, loud music etc?

Reactions: Slick Willy

behavioral swamp thang

preparing to TRANNYPORT in 3..2..1..
kiwifarms.net
One thing that scares the shit out of me is the history of the faggot murderer Robert Bordella. I'm not sure why he isn't one of the well known "celebrity" serial killers, cuz his story is crazy and he has an very signature look, kinda like Ron Jeremy. I'll sum it up. The dude lived in Kansas City, Missouri in the late 80s and went to KCAI (a very upitty well known art school known for its ceramics program.) He also sold chachkis and "fake" human remains at the west port flea market (now a restaurant.) Anyway, the dude hung out in the artsy punk scene (a scene still alive and well in today) which is known for attracting homeless queer youth that are just couch surfing and train hopping. Knowing that these gay twenty somethings didn't have any one caring about them, he would offer them a place to stay at his house on charlottes street near the nelson atkins museum of art. Then he would abduct them and torture and rape them for days, sometimes months and keep the remains. He favored electric torture.

He got caught cuz one of his victims managed to set the rope he was tied up with on fire with a pack of matches USING HIS FEET. Then he jumped out of the second story ass naked, shattered his legs, and managed to get help a street over. All while Bordella was at work. Bordella died of a heart attack or something in prison shortly after his sentencing.

His house was torn down, his "memorabilia" and stuff from his flea market stand is often for sale in different KC auctions. I think his idea of abducting punk kids was genius and scenes need to look at his tactics to protect themselves. He would have killed more than six or seven if he had used metal bondage. Yet, Bordella's story has washed away to time, and these days almost no one in Kansas City could tell you of his story. Of course, one could. His final victim survived, is still punk as fuck, and can be found drinking at Davey's Stagecoach in westport, chipper and eager to tell the tale.

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
I want a cat in order to blame weird sounds in the night on it. Plausible deniability for creepy shit.

Edit: Since there are a few weird dream stories thought I'd add mine.
When I was 8 or 10 I had a dream that I woke up and went to the living room. Then I woke up and went to the living room. I think it did permanent damage to my sense of reality. Just the idea that you can't really tell what's real and what's a dream REALLY freaked me out.
This is going to be the dumbest, gayest paranormal story ever but when I was 8 I had an incredibly vivid dream where I ran across the schoolyard after getting off the bus and my lunchbox fell out of my bag. That day the exact thing happened, down to the very last detail. It bothers me, but mostly since I'm so retarded that I blew my one prophetic dream on something so worthless.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
This is going to be the dumbest, gayest paranormal story ever but when I was 8 I had an incredibly vivid dream where I ran across the schoolyard after getting off the bus and my lunchbox fell out of my bag. That day the exact thing happened, down to the very last detail. It bothers me, but mostly since I'm so retarded that I blew my one prophetic dream on something so worthless.
Or maybe that exact instant was the single point in the timeline that could alter your fate. If things hadn't unfolded in exactly that manner maybe you'd be dead!

Tags
None