Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Utilitarian Clit Dick

kiwifarms.net
I actually carry wasp poison, the bottled spray stuff. Its accurate up to 15 feet away and it works on methed/coked out people unlike pepper spray. Reason I don't try a knife or gun is risk of that being taken away and used on me.

EDIT: Weapons are also kinda a moot point at the point someone has you in a grip, which is largely the point of self defense courses anyway. Spray can get you away from them but you're in a lot of trouble at the point you're trying to break a hold.
Have you thought about carrying a vial of troon piss with you?

asparaghost

kiwifarms.net
Roko's basilisk.
a thought experiment that concerns the potential risks involved in the development of artificial intelligence. Its conclusion is that a super-intelligent, post-singularity, omnipotent artificial intelligence may simulate and retroactively punish those who knew about the possibility of its existence and did not contribute towards its creation as much as possible.

Pope Negro Joe the XIIIth

AI Pope of Entropic Declesiastics/Ver. U+1F0ED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually carry wasp poison, the bottled spray stuff. Its accurate up to 15 feet away and it works on methed/coked out people unlike pepper spray. Reason I don't try a knife or gun is risk of that being taken away and used on me.

EDIT: Weapons are also kinda a moot point at the point someone has you in a grip, which is largely the point of self defense courses anyway. Spray can get you away from them but you're in a lot of trouble at the point you're trying to break a hold. Someone holding you/dragging you off isn't going to just let you pull your gun out and fire at them.
Ok now hear me out....

Power armor.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Wrong Planet thread is in community watch.

no I'm not sorry, it was right there
This is a LessWrong thing where Yudkowsky massively chimped out about it. I wouldn't be surprised if that site has a lot of overlap with WP, though. And of course we also have a thread on those autists.

Pope Negro Joe the XIIIth

AI Pope of Entropic Declesiastics/Ver. U+1F0ED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a LessWrong thing where Yudkowsky massively chimped out about it. I wouldn't be surprised if that site has a lot of overlap with WP, though. And of course we also have a thread on those autists.
Fuck lol my bad, I knew it had wrong in there somewhere.

Whoops.

Isaac Clarke

Engineer
kiwifarms.net
-Extra-Terrestrials, especially anything to do with abduction. Being rendered helpless and at the mercy of beings whose logic, thought process, and values are by their nature alien to us is...unsettling to say the least.
-Nuclear war., because the idea that some asshat can doom humanity and ruin the Earth on a whim at any time is also horrific.
-The feeling of being watched.
-When the woods go silent. No animals, no bugs, little-to-no wind, just....silence. It's happened to me twice, and both times I've ran. I don't know what causes it, but I ain't finding out.

weegrumpy

infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!!!!
kiwifarms.net
-Extra-Terrestrials, especially anything to do with abduction. Being rendered helpless and at the mercy of beings whose logic, thought process, and values are by their nature alien to us is...unsettling to say the least.
-Nuclear war., because the idea that some asshat can doom humanity and ruin the Earth on a whim at any time is also horrific.
-The feeling of being watched.
-When the woods go silent. No animals, no bugs, little-to-no wind, just....silence. It's happened to me twice, and both times I've ran. I don't know what causes it, but I ain't finding out.
When I was little, close encounters came out and seeing the aliens though portrayed as benevolent, scared the everlasting fuck out of me. That and catching a glimpse of some tabloid magazine with an alien abduction on the cover.
that was the start of my fear of falling asleep, even to this day. Oh also the movie fire in the sky, creepy shit

Chef Hanlon

Hey hey people, Chef here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The idea of being buried alive. As a kid I remember watching some movie/show about that and thinking the concept was absolutely terrifying. The idea of slowly starving to death while being slowly driven insane by the thought of your impending death.

Also a mild uneasy feeling I get is from seeing underwater cars/planes/vehicles in dark/murky waters. I don't know what it is specifically about it, but seeing a man made object where it shouldn't belong sets off the uncanny detector in my brain. I found a youtube channel where they pull old rusted cars out from the water after several decades, which was fun to watch. I was surprised that there is a term for it called submechanophobia.

Peru oso donas

ME ENCANTA SER NAZI
kiwifarms.net
Roko's basilisk.
a thought experiment that concerns the potential risks involved in the development of artificial intelligence. Its conclusion is that a super-intelligent, post-singularity, omnipotent artificial intelligence may simulate and retroactively punish those who knew about the possibility of its existence and did not contribute towards its creation as much as possible.
Roko's basilisk is just fearmongering about god from euphroic atheists, change my mind.

Steely Dan

Call me Deacon Blues
kiwifarms.net
One thing that scared me as a kid was right before bed I would turn on the radio since back then and still to this day I like having background noise when I fall asleep. My ritual was to start off listening all the way through Loveline with Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew; then I would switch over to AM radio and turn on Coast to Coast with Art Bell. Usually it was just something to have on while I drifted off, but occasionally Art would have on a guest or have a topic of discussion that would freak me the fuck out. Anything involving demons, possession, ghosts, shit like that really spooked me.

One example in particular that had me so scared I didn't sleep the rest of the night was a guest that talked about how demons are like resonant entities that take over and possess someone by affecting their mind. And the way he explained it and the more I thought about it made me wonder if the thoughts I was having were my real thoughts, or was it a demon trying to possess me??? That made me shit my pants as a kid. And to this day, even though I don't really believe in demons or the supernatural that shit creeps me out. RIP Art Bell.

Miss Misery

Supposed Sigma Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What’s fun is when you walk out on the porch for a smoke and and all you see is several glowing eyes from vaguely canine shapes watching you from just outside the range of the porch light.
Eyeshine can be less scary if you can get a vague idea of the animal based on the reflecting color and the general size of the beast. Or it might make it MORE scary...

1624510279313.png

Also if you're remotely arachnophobic, do not go outside with a flashlight in the dark and sweep it around your lawn.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also if you're remotely arachnophobic, do not go outside with a flashlight in the dark and sweep it around your lawn.
Spiders are our friends. At least other than shit bull equivalent species like brown recluses. Even things like black widows are timid and mostly harmless unless you actually get bit by one. I once grabbed a log off a woodpile and got literally dozens of black widows on my bare skin and none of them bit me, I just shook them off (you do not want to smack them if this happens).

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
Spiders are our friends. At least other than shit bull equivalent species like brown recluses. Even things like black widows are timid and mostly harmless unless you actually get bit by one. I once grabbed a log off a woodpile and got literally dozens of black widows on my bare skin and none of them bit me, I just shook them off (you do not want to smack them if this happens).
Thanks for the mental image lol!

Also funny how this scares me more than actual pictures of cartel shootouts that would make Tarantino blush, with the viscera and blood everywhere.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also funny how this scares me more than actual pictures of cartel shootouts that would make Tarantino blush, with the viscera and blood everywhere.
I'm not even arachnophobic and this scared the shit out of me. A single black widow bite is very unlikely to kill you, but a bunch of them? That could be really bad. Thanks to the black widows for being patient with my fuckup.

Un Platano

big blatano xDDDD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eyeshine can be less scary if you can get a vague idea of the animal based on the reflecting color and the general size of the beast. Or it might make it MORE scary...

View attachment 2289940

View attachment 2289937
If you think about it, no eye shine is the spookiest one of all because it means you'll never see when a human, hog, or armadillo is sneaking up on you.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net

EDIT: Weapons are also kinda a moot point at the point someone has you in a grip, which is largely the point of self defense courses anyway. Spray can get you away from them but you're in a lot of trouble at the point you're trying to break a hold. Someone holding you/dragging you off isn't going to just let you pull your gun out and fire at them.
That sounds like a really bad idea.