Shit You Think is Spooky/Disturbing - Beware! You're in for a scare...

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
Seems kinda lame to mention a movie itt but the movie Spoorloos or The Vanishing fucked me up for months. It's probably considered or categorized as a horror movie but it's unlike any horror movie i've ever watched and does not contain any jumpscares or anything lame like that. I guess psychological horror is more appropriate. It literally fucked me up for months after watching it and when i would randomly think about it again. I'm a film geek who will recommend a laundry list of movies, even in the horror genre, but I don't recommend this one because of how much it effected me.

"Stanley Kubrick thought The Vanishing was the most terrifying film he had seen – even more frightening than his own The Shining– and called Sluizer to discuss editing."

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
Spiders are our friends. At least other than shit bull equivalent species like brown recluses. Even things like black widows are timid and mostly harmless unless you actually get bit by one. I once grabbed a log off a woodpile and got literally dozens of black widows on my bare skin and none of them bit me, I just shook them off (you do not want to smack them if this happens).
Exactly. They bite when they feel pinched.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Spiders are our friends. At least other than shit bull equivalent species like brown recluses. Even things like black widows are timid and mostly harmless unless you actually get bit by one. I once grabbed a log off a woodpile and got literally dozens of black widows on my bare skin and none of them bit me, I just shook them off (you do not want to smack them if this happens).
My bother found a hourglass windows egg sac. Being the galaxy brain individual he is decided to what any would do.Kill the female and then poke the egg sac with a fork. Before he proceeded to do this. I grab a can of raid and waited some distance behind him. Sure as shit once he poked the egg sac hundreds of little white babie spiders shot out he fell backwards and I hosed them off with the can of raid. Good times. He didn't sleep right for a week

Last edited:

Ronnie Rocket

toxic talking turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not even arachnophobic and this scared the shit out of me. A single black widow bite is very unlikely to kill you, but a bunch of them? That could be really bad. Thanks to the black widows for being patient with my fuckup.
I have doubts...

1624553901164.png

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
I'm not even arachnophobic and this scared the shit out of me. A single black widow bite is very unlikely to kill you, but a bunch of them? That could be really bad. Thanks to the black widows for being patient with my fuckup.
Black widows are even timid hunters. They're incredibly reluctant to approach prey even slightly larger than they are and will back down if they move. Watching videos of them hunt is eye opening.

The Curmudgeon

kiwifarms.net
Either weird historical events or the way people in earlier time periods described things. We take for granted how easily, at least most of the time, how we can usually explain or witness the world around us. For example, I was reading about the Great Thunderstorm that happened in England back in 1638. Imagine if this had taken place in modern times. Would it have left the same impression? Would it still be considered a weird event or just the locals overreacting?

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
I got stuck in a blizzard in Kansas once. Seeing nothing except the endless white. Wind cutting my skin. No sign's of human habitation anywhere. A disorienting lack of discernible features across prairie. A primal dread and terror sprang forth for my mind as the car lay stuck on the buried gravel road. I was there for 6 hours spent the night half frozen and exhausted till finally I could get a tow.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Complete silence outdoors at night. Like not even insect sounds. Just dead quiet and stale air.
That's only spooky where it's ordinarily noisy and suddenly silent, and there's a chill in the air. In the desert, it's normal. Of course, the desert itself is spooky in a number of ways, but I like it.

Coldgrip

Still not Cody.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Large empty urban environments are freaky it feels unnatural. There's suppose to people noise activity. I walked around duing the pandemic in a large major city. The downtown was completely empty the feel was unnerving and otherworldly
Complete opposite for me. There's something serene about being downtown before the crack of dawn and not a soul around. Especially in the summer when it's cool in the early morning. It's pleasant.

Mal0

Neurodivergent dog with tits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Liminal spaces like empty malls send shivers down my spine. Recently went a few towns over to a dying mall, and the fact it was so quiet with like 70% of the shops vacant is eerie as hell.

At the same time, it's the same type of unsettling that I like. Brings me an odd sense of comfort, like being alone in a school during the day.

Example of what a liminal space looks like, in this case a mall similar to the one I visited.
1627012805696.png

SmotheredHope

kiwifarms.net
The Wendigo, of First Nations folklore (though it also figures in the folklore of the Algonquin and tribes of the Great Plains and Great Lakes regions n the USA). Said to invoke feelings of insatiable hunger, driving anyone who encounters it to cannibalism. It was featured in Pet Sematary (the book), when it possesses the body of Gage Creed when he returns from the dead.

1627513797221.png

Lee Crabb

Post-Merge seizures
kiwifarms.net
From wikipedia:
In December 1928, a trapper working at the mouth of the Agawa River, Ontario, found a bottled note from Alice Bettridge, an assistant stewardess in her early twenties who initially survived the sinking, and, before she herself perished, wrote "I am the last one left alive, freezing and starving to death on Isle Royale in Lake Superior. I just want mom and dad to know my fate."[7]
There. Now the rest of you can be as depressed as me. :(