Shitty Alternate History Thread - If only the Romans had AK-47's they would've survived...

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

DerKryptid

I killed byuu lol
kiwifarms.net
Industrial feudalism would've been interesting. Feudal lords establishing a system of shared tennancy and cross-domain taxation and guarenteeing the free (albiet controlled) flow of labour, while also converting farmland into factories to compete with the dying mercantile practices of the guilds in the cities. Would be quite interesting seeing the feudal lords becoming the arbiters of modern nationalism rather than the biggest opponents of it.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
Industrial feudalism would've been interesting. Feudal lords establishing a system of shared tennancy and cross-domain taxation and guarenteeing the free (albiet controlled) flow of labour, while also converting farmland into factories to compete with the dying mercantile practices of the guilds in the cities. Would be quite interesting seeing the feudal lords becoming the arbiters of modern nationalism rather than the biggest opponents of it.
Not sure how it would start or develop though. Unless it's just company towns owned by barons, using technology imported from more entrepreneurial parts of the world, a bit like Latin America.

DerKryptid

I killed byuu lol
kiwifarms.net
Not sure how it would start or develop though. Unless it's just company towns owned by barons, using technology imported from more entrepreneurial parts of the world, a bit like Latin America.
Might work in the Swiss cantons. Might even work in agriculture-poor northern Russia near former Novgorod if they're importing tech from the new world or practices copied from India. I like the idea of it happening in New Granada, that place is a shithole even in the modern day.

FUTUREMAN

ARE YOU PARTY ENOUGH!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I found smth like what you're saying.
1631187782341.png

EDIT: Forgot the link.

Attachments

• 1631187676106.png
    1631187676106.png
    838 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
How do you know it's not just a troll?
Ian seems to think he was the real ESR so he might've verified himself somehow. According to Ian he's apparently so bad that he "makes Donald Trump look like MLK."

The ban thread is interesting too because Ian claims "the leader of a major neo-Nazi organization" chose to join the site under his real name which if true is pretty fascination. I don't think it's S. M. Stirling, and looking at their "Hall of Infamy" wiki of banned members isn't turning anything up either.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, did Stirling oin AH.com and get banned? If so, that's quite the oof on Ian's part.
Yes, he was baited into answering an obviously rhetorical hypothetical thought experiment type question.

If there was a button that could make every single Muslim in the world vanish into thin air, would you push it?

Stirling said he'd push it. Got banned for advocating genocide.

Ozymandius12

kiwifarms.net
Yes, he was baited into answering an obviously rhetorical hypothetical thought experiment type question.

If there was a button that could make every single Muslim in the world vanish into thin air, would you push it?

Stirling said he'd push it. Got banned for advocating genocide.
Frankly I don't blame him. I'd want to get banned from that shithole of a site.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Frankly I don't blame him. I'd want to get banned from that shithole of a site.
It's okay and can be pretty informative as long as you avoid the Fandom section (TVTropes-tier autism) and off-topic (troons, batshit insane commies, and hard left cope and seethe).

I don't know if it's been said before, but Ian reminds me of Fighteer from TVTropes. Similar politics (old school progressive, although Ian's leans harder into hard-left antisemitism), userbase has tried to cancel him, and spends all day screaming at users on his website and suspending/banning them. He probably does it because it gives him some real power in his life so he's not just another bald white guy in New York.

Dagobert

Token Jew Supporter
kiwifarms.net
Are you still in on making a splinter site?
I locked myself out of the account used to access the website when I first got it up. It was (and AFAIK still is) functioning. I had everything saved on my laptop which went kaput with no backup so it slipped from my mind in the month or so it took to get my laptop's hard-drive fixed. If people are still interested, I can get working on it again.

If I do, I swear I'll back shit up this time. I've never done this before, but it is a good learning experience on data backups.

EDIT: Hell, if I ever win the lottery and win ~700 bucks, I'll buy alternatehistory.forum just to squat on it and fuck with Ian.

JJLiautaud

kiwifarms.net
The Alexander Inherentance series is pretty good less lefty spergism than the first 2 1632 books, which i adore btw, but the books definitely needed to be longer.