Shitty Alternate History Thread - If only the Romans had AK-47's they would've survived...

Chris did nothing wrong

Pedophile Apologist
kiwifarms.net
One alt history story has Chris-chan become the most infamous school shooter in history. I'm not making this up. Columbine fails, but years later, Chris goes on a rampage killing, murdering 21 people on Valentine's Day at his old high school. The Chris "fandom" is then swamped by hybristophilic teenaged girls who want to fuck him and get Sonichu tattoos.

edit: Linked to wrong page in thread

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/massively-multiplayer-gaming-in-the-new-millennium.395490/page-23#post-13181138

Last edited:

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
One alt history story has Chris-chan become the most infamous school shooter in history. I'm not making this up. Columbine fails, but years later, Chris goes on a rampage killing, murdering 21 people on Valentine's Day at his old high school. The Chris "fandom" is then swamped by hybristophilic teenaged girls who want to fuck him and get Sonichu tattoos.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/massively-multiplayer-gaming-in-the-new-millennium.395490/page-23#post-13181138
Glad to see that this site hasn't lost any of its :autism:.

SoberBlitz

Beep Beep
kiwifarms.net

I think that's a new low for the site. In other news, several members lost their shit over a Kekistan map being posted. Links to the now-closed thread: https://archive.li/mw1nz https://archive.li/sMZrJ https://archive.li/STica

His Dewliness

One dope MLG pope
kiwifarms.net
I know this thread is about shitty AH but if anybody is interested in a suggestion, I'd recommend What If? (https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-If-Military-Historians-Imagine/dp/0330487248)

It's a collection of short essays about alternate histories originating from a single realistic divergence point. Whilst they focus a lot on WW2 (What if D-Day failed? etc) and the US Civil War, there's topics stretching from the Assyrian Empire up to the Chinese Civil War. I'd definitely recommend it since the essays are quite well thought out and, lets face it, most AH is fucking dreadful so it makes a nice change.

B

BF 388

kiwifarms.net
The whole reason for the Pacific War was that the US, in an attempt to curb the expansionist intent of the Japanese government via economic sanctions, ultimately drove the Japanese to take the oil rich SEA region.

If they attempt to take on the USSR, all they're going to get is a couple of ports with piss poor infrastructure.

There's literally no reason for them to do it.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for necroing the thread but recently i have a strong desire to talk about potential what-ifs of history like what if the Reconquista didn't bog down foor centuries was completed much sooner. What if the Zunists (the Zunbil dynasty in modern Afghanistan that worshipped a sun god named Zun) didn't get conquered by muslims and what would have happened if WW1 and/or WW2 wasn't won by the allies?

B

BF 388

kiwifarms.net
Ah.com is the place for you, but be warned that it is a bastion of progressives. MLP, troonism and faggotry are celebrated and posters are subject to exceedingly autistic levels of moderation.

Another silly alternate history novel series that I think is pretty fun is Eric Flint's 1632 series. The premise is that a West Virginian coal mining town from the late 1990s gets transported through space and time to the middle of Germany at the height of the Thirty Years War. Cue American rednecks armed with the best in 20th century small arms firepower siding with the Protestants, upgrading their armies with their hands-on knowledge of modern gunsmithing and tactics, and dishing out some serious whoop-ass on the Catholic armies, bringing the American revolution to Europe some 150 years early. Stirring reading for any redblooded, papist-hating American patriot
1632 is great. One thing that makes it interesting is that as the series progressed, Flint started breaking his storylines into parallel ones, adding anthologies, and having other authors help him write. As such, you end up with more perspectives contributing to it, and the story becomes much more complex... like real history. You get the feeling that it's an actual shared universe being built up, instead of just a power-trip.

I didn't get real far into it, too, but the Europeans aren't just pushovers either. I recall one book where the French developed superior breechloaders because the Americans had gotten complacent. Likewise, the Ottomans end up developing an air force independently. When faced with outsiders, the Europeans don't just crumble, but instead fight back and end up pulling a Meiji.

Sorry for double-posting, but Alternate History Forums' community are just plain douchebags, too. So I made an account on there called "Appalachian Nationalist," and did a few threads/posts. Then, I do an AHC for a world in which Neo-Nazism holds a similar place as Neo-Confederate ideology; that is, it's considered to be non-politically correct and can get people in trouble, but that there are lots of supporters and the Right-wing broadly upholds it.

Half of them jumped down my throat accusing me of being an evil Nazi bigot because, it turns out, Alternate History isn't about being creative and trying to imagine difference histories, it's about jerking each other off about how much you FUCKING HATE HITLER REEEEEEEEE

One of them also accused me of being a racist because Appalachia is White, and nationalism is racist. Even though Appalachia was Union territory.

So then I just said "fuck it" and made this thread to piss on them. It didn't make it long enough to stat a shit-show.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for double-posting, but Alternate History Forums' community are just plain douchebags, too. So I made an account on there called "Appalachian Nationalist," and did a few threads/posts. Then, I do an AHC for a world in which Neo-Nazism holds a similar place as Neo-Confederate ideology; that is, it's considered to be non-politically correct and can get people in trouble, but that there are lots of supporters and the Right-wing broadly upholds it.

Half of them jumped down my throat accusing me of being an evil Nazi bigot because, it turns out, Alternate History isn't about being creative and trying to imagine difference histories, it's about jerking each other off about how much you FUCKING HATE HITLER REEEEEEEEE

One of them also accused me of being a racist because Appalachia is White, and nationalism is racist. Even though Appalachia was Union territory.

So then I just said "fuck it" and made this thread to piss on them. It didn't make it long enough to stat a shit-show.
No joke, that website redpilled me on the globo-homo agenda. IRL, I never saw any troon or homogays so I was blissfully unaware of the nefarious globo-homo agenda for many years, but then during the early 2010s, I noticed on that alternate history forums site, suddenly over the span of 1-2 years, something like 1/5 of the forum users came out of the closet as some variety of homogay, and over the subsequent 2-3 years, the same thing started to happen with trannies at about the same frequency. Every time one of the forum users came out as gay or tranny, they would make a thread declaring their newfound sexuality in the off-topic subforum, where they would get asspats from all the other users. It got to the point that there was always at least one "coming out of the closet" thread on the first page of their off topic subforum.

It really made me think. Even accounting for the increased rate of troonism/gay among autists and the increased rate of autists among internet forum userbase for alternate history genre, the rate of troonism/gay was well in excess of what it should have reasonably been.

B

BF 388

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it’s really a cesspool of deviancy, that forum. It should have its own thread in Community Watch. I’d dearly love to get some dox on CalBear.

There was a thread posted there that was something along the lines of ‘Causes of social ills in modern society’, and I replied with a post about how the break down accelerated in the 60s with free love, and the slippery slope etc, and was immediately responded to with “reeee how dare you invalidate my homosexuality and deny me as a semen swallowing deviant reeeee”. Banned within half an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it’s really a cesspool of deviancy, that forum. It should have its own thread in Community Watch. I’d dearly love to get some dox on CalBear.
It's been a long time since I've been on AH but I distinctly remember that name from a 'Nazi victory in the East and continued fight with the Western Allies into the 50s' timeline that I enjoyed for the most part at the time. What was up with him?

It's been a long time since I've been on AH but I distinctly remember that name from a 'Nazi victory in the East and continued fight with the Western Allies into the 50s' timeline that I enjoyed for the most part at the time. What was up with him?
I don't really pay much attention to the people there, but from what I've heard, CalBear is a militant Leftist who has chosen to abuse his power as a moderator by turning the place into an echo chamber. He has no tolerance for anybody disagreeing with him and the slightest thing can trigger him. I think he's responsible for banning Thande (the best writer the site produced), but don't quote me on that.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I don't really pay much attention to the people there, but from what I've heard, CalBear is a militant Leftist who has chosen to abuse his power as a moderator by turning the place into an echo chamber. He has no tolerance for anybody disagreeing with him and the slightest thing can trigger him. I think he's responsible for banning Thande (the best writer the site produced), but don't quote me on that.
Yes I think he was a humorless libtard. Many people banned for minor shitposting, off-color humor, and ideological wrongthink. Even old guard regulars (from the BBS Boomer days), like all those American Civil War buffs that got banned for "Confederate apologism", aka refusing to stridently denounce the Confederacy. And this was years and years before the post-Trump anti-Confederate sentiment. So many unjustified and spurious bans to the point that at one time, there was like 2-3 competing forums populated by people that were banned from the AH Forum site. As de facto chief mod, he set the tone for the entire moderation staff since the site owner was very hands off except for paying for the server costs.

Yes I think he was a humorless libtard. Many people banned for minor shitposting, off-color humor, and ideological wrongthink. Even old guard regulars (from the BBS Boomer days), like all those American Civil War buffs that got banned for "Confederate apologism", aka refusing to stridently denounce the Confederacy. And this was years and years before the post-Trump anti-Confederate sentiment. So many unjustified and spurious bans to the point that at one time, there was like 2-3 competing forums populated by people that were banned from the AH Forum site. As de facto chief mod, he set the tone for the entire moderation staff since the site owner was very hands off except for paying for the server costs.
If you know an alternative for Alternate History Forums, I'd be appreciative.

I suppose he's the cause of one of the most annoying traits I see in history discussion, which is moralizing. Usually when you read/discuss history, you want to do so with a neutral, detached view, unless the moral lesson is relevant. But on Alternate History Forums, it seems like they can't have a discussion of anything Nazi or Confederate related without beating their chests about how much they hate those things. They don't just let the history speak for itself. Makes everything they write tiring to read.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino