Shitty Alternate History Thread - If only the Romans had AK-47's they would've survived...

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One alt history story has Chris-chan become the most infamous school shooter in history. I'm not making this up. Columbine fails, but years later, Chris goes on a rampage killing, murdering 21 people on Valentine's Day at his old high school. The Chris "fandom" is then swamped by hybristophilic teenaged girls who want to fuck him and get Sonichu tattoos.

edit: Linked to wrong page in thread

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-new-millennium.395490/page-23#post-13181138
What were they smoking when they came up with that idea and can I have some of it?

Then again, reading about this does give me an idea for a shitty alternate history story, and yes it involves Chris and a few other lolcows as well.

The point of divergence from our timeline is 1980, where Bob Chandler does not hook up with Barbara Weston.

Instead, he meets a woman named Sondra Gibson, who is much younger than him (as in he's in his fifties and she's eighteen or nineteen) and she is a very unstable gold digger who has a slew of mental and emotional issues that aren't apparent to Bob until a couple of years after they are married and Sondra is pregnant with Chris.

Chris is born in 1982, but since his mom was young and in good physical health, he isn't mute like he was in his early childhood years. He's still autistic and has terrible parents though.

Bob is old, out of touch, and in over his head. Sondra is more of a fun parent who coddles Chris and is more of a best friend figure for Chris instead of a parental figure. She is also deeply into the emerging Goth subculture and becomes obsessed with the occult, a trait that Chris picks up from her.

In the summer of 1991, two games are released that will change Chris's life in drastic ways.

One is Sonic The Hedgehog and the other is Vampire: The Masquerade. Sondra buys Vampire for herself and buys Sonic for Chris.

Soon, Sondra becomes interested in Sonic while Chris becomes enamored with the World of Darkness, and his mom often is the Storyteller for Vampire games. They even incorporate elements of the Sonic games into their Vampire: The Masquerade campaign (yes, really) and the two become further lost in a world of dark fantasy and delusion.

By 1996, Chris is in high school and has a small circle of female followers, most of whom are social outcasts to varying degrees. His gal-pals would join Chris in his weird vampire fantasies and would play the game with him and his mother, eventually buying into the delusions as deeply as he does.

In 2000, Chris graduates from high school and is running a Vampire LARP from The Game Place, a local gaming store. However, the LARP is practically a front for Chris's own little vampire cult and the group becomes increasingly involved in criminal activity around the Charlottesville area, with Mike Snyder completely oblivious to it all, while Chris's mom is a co-conspirator and Bob has resigned himself to setting Chris up on SSI and then washing his hands of the matter.

In 2004, Philip Haskins-DeLici moves down to Virginia from New Jersey with his father Angelo DeLici, a veteran of the Vietnam War and a devout hard-working Catholic.

Consequently, Philip is a devout traditional Catholic Christian with a deep hated of leftists and other groups he perceives as socially deviant. He soon learns of Chris and his vampire clan and is appalled. Phil decides to take action and counter Chris's delusions with his own hero fantasies.

Philip Haskins-Delici rechristens himself as Xochi Araujo, a vampire hunter working on behalf of the Spanish Inqusition and whose persona is heavily inspired by both Sasuke Uchiha and Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing. The two soon come into conflict.

In 2005, yet another Northeastern transplant by the name of Jace Connors moves to Ruckersville. Jace is a furry and a huge fan of Werewolf: The Apocalypse with the same level of delusional obsession for werewolves that Chris has for vampires. He even insists on being referred to as jack Stryker, his character's name.

He also has a small following of werewolf enthusiasts, including Eli, Tyce, and Sarah Gullibeaux, a low-functioning adult who adopts the persona of Soap the Wolf, and she is even more deluded than either Chris, Phil, or Jace, but is also very naive and innocent.

Now, what I am wondering is whether or not the above concept is worse than the majority of the amateur works posted on AH.com or if it's just on par with them.

Last edited:

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What were they smoking when they came up with that idea and can I have some of it?

Then again, reading about this does give me an idea for a shitty alternate history story, and yes it involves Chris and a few other lolcows as well.

The point of divergence from our timeline is 1980, where Bob Chandler does not hook up with Barbara Weston.

Instead, he meets a woman named Sondra Gibson, who is much younger than him (as in he's in his fifties and she's eighteen or nineteen) and she is a very unstable gold digger who has a slew of mental and emotional issues that aren't apparent to Bob until a couple of years after they are married and Sondra is pregnant with Chris.

Chris is born in 1982, but since his mom was young and in good physical health, he isn't mute like he was in his early childhood years. He's still autistic and has terrible parents though.

Bob is old, out of touch, and in over his head. Sondra is more of a fun parent who coddles Chris and is more of a best friend figure for Chris instead of a parental figure. She is also deeply into the emerging Goth subculture and becomes obsessed with the occult, a trait that Chris picks up from her.

In the summer of 1991, two games are released that will change Chris's life in drastic ways.

One is Sonic The Hedgehog and the other is Vampire: The Masquerade. Michelle buys Vampire for herself and buys Sonic for Chris.

Soon, Sondra becomes interested in Sonic while Chris becomes enamored with the World of Darkness, and his mom often is the Storyteller for Vampire games. They even incorporate elements of the Sonic games into their Vampire: The Masquerade campaign (yes, really) and the two become further lost in a world of dark fantasy and delusion.

By 1996, Chris is in high school and has a small circle of female followers, most of whom are social outcasts to varying degrees. His gal-pals would join Chris in his weird vampire fantasies and would play the game with him and his mother, eventually buying into the delusions as deeply as he does.

In 2000, Chris graduates from high school and is running a Vampire LARP from The Game Place, a local gaming store. However, the LARP is practically a front for Chris's own little vampire cult and the group becomes increasingly involved in criminal activity around the Charlottesville area, with Mike Snyder completely oblivious to it all, while Chris's mom is a co-conspirator and Bob has resigned himself to setting Chris up on SSI and then washing his hands of the matter.

In 2004, Philip Haskins-DeLici moves down to Virginia from New Jersey with his father Angelo DeLici, a veteran of the Vietnam War and a devout hard-working Catholic.

Consequently, Philip is a devout traditional Catholic Christian with a deep hated of leftists and other groups he perceives as socially deviant. He soon learns of Chris and his vampire clan and is appalled. Phil decides to take action and counter Chris's delusions with his own hero fantasies.

Philip Haskins-Delici rechristens himself as Xochi Araujo, a vampire hunter working on behalf of the Spanish Inqusition and whose persona is heavily inspired by both Sasuke Uchiha and Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing. The two soon come into conflict.

In 2005, yet another Northeastern transplant by the name of Jace Connors moves to Ruckersville. Jace is a furry and a huge fan of Werewolf: The Apocalypse with the same level of delusional obsession for werewolves that Chris has for vampires. He even insists on being referred to as jack Stryker, his character's name.

He also has a small following of werewolf enthusiasts, including Eli, Tyce, and Sarah Gullibeaux, a low-functioning adult who adopts the persona of Soap the Wolf, and she is even more deluded than either Chris, Phil, or Jace, but is also very naive and innocent.

Now, what I am wondering is whether or not the above concept is worse than the majority of the amateur works posted on AH.com or if it's just on par with them.
Honestly it is on par with some of the "modern cultural" timelines I have seen on AH.com

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
A couple of the best web based AHs I've read were one in which Walt Disney becomes a fascist dictator of the USA and, of course, Festung Europa.

How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove is very good. Just ignore all of the books in the series after that.

Teri-Teri

「SUN DANCE」
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if the student leaders won against the CPC during the Tiananmen Protest?

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if the student leaders won against the CPC during the Tiananmen Protest?
Their first order of business would have been to deport all the African international students at Peking University, because the student leaders did not like having the female student body getting blacked.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Deadwaste

Cedric_Eff

Damn property taxes f**k up everything.
kiwifarms.net
What if Space Shuttle Challenger disaster was narrowly avoided and NASA continued on with the program as is and constructs Space Station Freedom?

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Irrational Exuberance

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!
kiwifarms.net
We'd all have horses instead of cars. Reminds me of an OSC book
The Mayan people basically go unchecked, build boats then head to Europe and sacrifice people.
The book didn't go into too much detail about that, except to point out that it was a worse timeline than the ones the characters were in now where humanity was pretty much circling the drain by that point, It's a good read, if you're into speculative fiction.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've talked with quite a few people over seceding from AH.com. Just say the URL, and 1,000 people would be on a splinter site the next day.
Any update? I'd love for there to be a website where I can read fun stories and not have someone come in crying about how that fictional story butterflied the enlightenment, then trying to get the author banned by attempting to bait out his political opinions.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I've enjoyed a few AH.com works in my time, but seriously what the fuck is in the gas that they put in the vents over there? Even the worst ideas I'd ever had for a setting or story don't compare to CWC turning into a school shooter and ruining both videogames and tabletop RPGs for modern society.

I've actually really been out of the loop about that site for a good, chirst, 6ish years now? I was never active on it much to begin with but I saw enough to crawl back in my hole and forget actually contributing. Is it even worse now? Anyone want to give me a textdump or something? Or link me to one earlier in the thread if I missed it?

Powerlevel I guess, last AH work I read and enjoyed was Green Antartica. I liked the fake AH posts where people get banned for saying politically incorrect things about the nightmare people from the nightmare continent. Also I just generally enjoy nightmare worlds in general so that stupid monstrosity was a delight.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've enjoyed a few AH.com works in my time, but seriously what the fuck is in the gas that they put in the vents over there? Even the worst ideas I'd ever had for a setting or story don't compare to CWC turning into a school shooter and ruining both videogames and tabletop RPGs for modern society.

I've actually really been out of the loop about that site for a good, chirst, 6ish years now? I was never active on it much to begin with but I saw enough to crawl back in my hole and forget actually contributing. Is it even worse now? Anyone want to give me a textdump or something? Or link me to one earlier in the thread if I missed it?

Powerlevel I guess, last AH work I read and enjoyed was Green Antartica. I liked the fake AH posts where people get banned for saying politically incorrect things about the nightmare people from the nightmare continent. Also I just generally enjoy nightmare worlds in general so that stupid monstrosity was a delight.
Alright, so. You always had a subsection of 'pop culture alternate history' autists who would spend days writing stories about a particular nascar racer doing better than real life or having some 80s music be more popular; A story about Chris-Chan being a mass shooter is just that subsection hitting peak retardation.

As for the overall state of the website, I'd say it is decimated; Go back to threads from 6 years ago and half of the people who posted on those threads are banned. Off the top of my head the constant stream of bannings slowly caused a braindrain on the website and those who wrote well researched and long AH works either got banned or just stopped posting. Of course, the 2016 election made everything worse, as it pretty much pushed the moderation into a position where they declared if you are conservative you have to become a nevertrumper or face the banhammer for supporting such a racist candidate. I would say it was probably one of the most pro-hillary websites I saw during that time (Bernie supporters were marginalized before the election). Past 2016, the owner of the website, Ian the Admin, started having massive problems dealing with his userbase, as they had largely moved beyond him to be further left-wing and saw him as an outdated 2004 era liberal. The main flashpoint is that Ian the Admin is actually an extreme anti-zionist, which caused many Jewish posters on the website to become extremely upset; In response he started banning the most outspoken of them. This blew up into that chunk of the website going to another website called sufficient velocity, an even more leftwing website as they had felt Ian had too much control over the website (Which he did to be fair; But of course they were cheering him on until he started taking them out).

tl;dr typical hugbox retardation

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
nevertrumper
I have all these things I could say about such a detailed post but this one sticks out to me because its a legit better term than TDS.

Well spoken though, and on top of that I had no idea Ian was an anti-zionist. Must make that stupid place like a nitroglycerin powderkeg (liquikeg?) with matches and packs of cigarettes laying around everywhere.

Suburban Bastard

Perpetually telling people how angry they are
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I nutted so hard to this story, this is the ultimate pinnacle of all of mankind's magnum opuses.

Tags
None