Votes: 12 2.9%
  • pmurT

Votes: 42 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sylvie Paula Paula

Running at 500 "bi"s per minute
kiwifarms.net
Considering how often these turn out to be autism meltdowns, I'm surprised we don't get more school katana stabbings.
To be fair, it'd be harder to conceal a katana than it would a gun.

But honestly, it's sad that things like this happen on a semi-frequent basis in America (or at least regularly enough that a country is known for the amount of school shootings that've happened). "Zero Tolerance" doesn't do jack shit, and stuff like this & other chimp-outs by people who can't get the help they need is just proof of that. But that's probably not gonna change; everything will still be focused on guns and not getting kids like this psychological help. While it's still stupidly easy to get weapons in America, it's most certainly not the reason school shootings happen, and it's confusing as to why that tends to be blamed... more weapons just means a possibly higher body count & number of injuries.

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
School after Columine sucked. You have armed cops in every school (not that bad), Zero Tolerance (horrible), smoking on school grounds gets your ass suspended for a week regardless if you are 18, although some teachers didn't give a fuck if a redneck brought a dip can to class.

18 year olds have the same restrictions 14 year old freshman do, and you could be a dumb ass 20 year old held back two grades and still need mommy and daddy's permission-based to do anything at school or to leave school. When I went to highschool we could leave for lunch until my senior year, some kids skipped class and show up tardy to their next class, so they made it to where if you left campus for any reason without permission your parking privileges were revoked and you were suspended. In fact they treated all tardiness as crimes against humanity.

Oh and they stopped teaching signatures and cursive (at least in my state)
Guess I'm the last generation to still appreciate what freedoms we had.

Yeah being a long-haul trucker doesn't pay as much as it used to and they overwork you a lot more than before, its why truckers abuse drugs like meth and cocaine in far greater numbers than the general population.
I guess I should feel better my older brother didn't go down that road as a trucker himself.

Last edited:

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
Without going deep into :powerlevel: territory, I want to say that laughing and smiling is a normal reaction. In my senior year of high school, someone publicly killed themselves in the lunch area by jumping off a building. Plenty of people were smiling and making jokes in less than an hour of it happening. Its a coping mechanism. When you experience something so shocking, your brain literally has no idea how the fuck to react, your feelings kinda go into overdrive. For a lot of people, the natural reaction is to smile.
Like others said: It's a special kind of reaction to stress. Some people react with a sardonic laughter when something bad happens. It's absolutely creepy and disturbing for every witness, but yes, it's a described phenomena in psychiatry. Sadly, the English Wikipedia article isn't very explicit about this topic, but I'm sure there are some kiwis around with a more profound knowledge in human psychology who can confirm this.
They're kind of doing what we're doing. Thereapeautic humor to help dull the pain of life in 2017, where every day is more surreal than the last.
I have my doubts. I laughed at Nick Bate going to prison because it's what he deserved, not because it was some made up, mysterious, involuntary reaction. I laughed at Randy Stare because he was pathetic, not because his actions shocked me. I didn't need to "cope" when Elliot Rodger died, because I lost nothing. I made fun of him because he was scum.

I have a low opinion on people who laugh at the recently innocent dead only to get angrily offended when their sensibilities are confronted. At worst, the coping excuse is just a cynical cop-out because they don't wanna feel guilty about taking genuine pleasure in somebody dying. At best, it's gymnastic doublethink because they can't handle the reality that it makes them deplorable. I've never seen a family member or a friend to a dead guy laugh about their recent demise, but I've seen plenty of anonymous nobodies flood memorial pages to mock the family and post photos of the bloodied corpse.

Maybe you are right about it being sardonic laughter. It's alien to me seeing as how I've never had it happen, nor have I ever seen it in action. I'm curious to see if someone can prove me wrong.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe you are right about it being sardonic laughter. It's alien to me seeing as how I've never had it happen, nor have I ever seen it in action. I'm curious to see if someone can prove me wrong.
What exactly is there to prove wrong? It's a well-known phenomenon, hell, I can personally attest to having cracked inappropriate jokes when dealing with stressful situations.

Unless we can get inside the head of these teenagers, we don't know the why, but it's very possible that they just didn't know how to process it. Considering the seriousness of the situation, it's not out of the question. Some people laugh at funerals.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

kiwifarms.net
Imagine the shitshow when they make self-driving cargo trucks
They already are. They've been on the road. The only reason they still require a passive driver is because they have trouble navigating through rain or stopping for debris and crossing animals. The idiot engineers behind this somehow think driverless trucks will open up new job sectors and the former truck drivers will find reeducation and get better jobs. The good news is that companies that make driverless cars skimp out on their cyber security about as much as Equifax does, so you can come to expect wireless hijackings of several trucks either being steered to hit people on purpose, rammed through buildings, driven off cliffs or brought to a secret location to be looted.

Pikimon

Exceptionally Overachieving Mexican
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They already are. They've been on the road. The only reason they still require a passive driver is because they have trouble navigating through rain or stopping for debris and crossing animals. The idiot engineers behind this somehow think driverless trucks will open up new job sectors and the former truck drivers will find reeducation and get better jobs. The good news is that companies that make driverless cars skimp out on their cyber security about as much as Equifax does, so you can come to expect wireless hijackings of several trucks either being steered to hit people on purpose, rammed through buildings, driven off cliffs or brought to a secret location to be looted.
but think how much cheaper everything will be with those cut costs tbh

L. Duse

kiwifarms.net
I laughed at Randy Stare because he was pathetic, not because his actions shocked me. I didn't need to "cope" when Elliot Rodger died, because I lost nothing. I made fun of him because he was scum.
Isn't it strange that quite a number of spree killers killed for incredibly bizarre reasons? Randy Stair wanted to become a tranny ghost so he orchestrated a poorly executed shooting. Rodger's manifesto on why he decided to bring forth retribution reads more like a comedy rather than something anyone should take seriously. I agree it is terrible to laugh at the people who died but surely it isn't terrible to laugh at those who decided to embark on a spree killing. In fact, laughing at these nutcases is something I would encourage. It might deter other nutcases from wanting to emulate them.

Last edited:

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

kiwifarms.net
The two above are like statues of masculinity when set next to the pug nosed middle schooler and the emo poser beneath them.

The moral of the story is don't be a fag and you won't get bullied until you snap and shoot a bunch of people who made the proper choices in life.
Puggy legitimately doesn't give me the impression of a bully victim, he gives the impression of a tard who operates on monkey see, monkey do.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino