• “This is not the time or place for another black-dick joke”

Shots fired, multiple injured in Thousand Oaks, California

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Null, Nov 8, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

?

WHO DUN IT?

1. The huwh*te man

95 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Incels

114 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Muslims

70 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Latinos

17 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. BLACKS

19 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Pennsylvania Rabbi getting revenge

65 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. The problem with mental illness is that it only comes up with tragedies like this happen, and it's only used to counter the topic of gun control. It doesn't matter if Jack gouges holes in his skin trying dig out what he believes are government spying equipment hiding in it, or if Abbey is now homeless and wanders the streets in the middle of the night terrified, freezing and miserable because she couldn't hold down a job due to her crippling PTSD. No, their suffering, their mental illness, it only matters if it causes them to hurt other people. And even then it's just used as a talking point.

The main issue I see with all these shootings is that we just keep trying to find one solution, one reason behind it. That it's either gun control, or mental illness, or the media- why can't it be all of it? Think about it. A man suffers from an undiagnosed, untreated mental disorder that leaves him with awful self-esteem and violent thoughts. He tries to get help, but is either denied, or doesn't have access to proper care. So instead he just stews in his self-loathing and misanthropy until it festers to the point where he can't take it anymore. He's sick and tired of no one listening to him. He wants to be heard, he wants someone to pay attention to his suffering, and he'll get that even if he has to hurt others in the process.

So he goes down to his local pawn shop or gun store is able to purchase a gun because no one bothers following the law and doing a background check on him which would have shown that he had several arrest records, and prior instances of violence and isn't allowed to own a firearm. Now he has a weapon and a couple days later he opens fire at a school, or a bar, or a shopping center and ends up killing several people and injuring many others. He's now famous with his face and name plastered all over the media while every talks how something like this could happen and before a week has even passed, the same thing has happened all over again.

• Agree  x 7
    • Like  x 3
    • Feels  x 3
    •  x 2
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    #181 Bunny Tracks, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Bunny Tracks

Bunny Tracks Don't you cry no more

kiwifarms.net
  2. I don't know if I'm buying this story because the narrative has changed, but so what? Niggas kill more people than anything. But you can't talk about that because that's racist. 13 people sadly is a spit in the ocean compared to what happens in the black community.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    heathercho

heathercho Not YoRee Koh.

kiwifarms.net
  3. If I search that man's name all I get are weirdos on Twitter going "haha, you all said the man was Muslim (because witnesses said they thought he was) but he's white!" What the hell.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Rub a dub dub, Fry in a tub.

kiwifarms.net
  4. And people like Talcum X don't react with "weird glee" when the shooter is a white man?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Xerxes IX

Xerxes IX Even kebab cats will be removed

kiwifarms.net
  5. aaaaaaaand ya lost me. You were doing so well too.

Do you know how FFL transfers even work? There isn't a gun or pawn around that doesn't put every buyer through the process. They make money on it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. 0e13e8cf-561d-495f-a08c-d55b9ecc0867.png
    Yes, lets make it about the migrant caravan for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Rub a dub dub, Fry in a tub.

kiwifarms.net
  7. "SEE! SEE! Whites are so violent and a menace!!"

Meanwhile Detroit and Baltimore burn down

Whatever helps you sleep I guess, Shaun

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  8. $500, from my own wallet, right now, if you can go down to the local gun store and buy one WITHOUT getting a background check done..... because "nobody follows any rules" apparently. I'll wait.

Or will they obviously check you because you look sane and for some strange reason they only want to let the visibly insane who bark at the moon purchase, because that surely won't get THEM in any trouble..... legal, moral or business-wise when they look up the history of where Mr Whacky bought that gun?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  9. There's a lot of "coincidences" that seem to pop up in some of these stories. Not all, of course, just the ones that become big media plays.
    Things like number of shooters, ethnicity of shooter, timing of things, who the victims are, what their connections are, social media being wiped/changed.
    Yeah, sometimes the media, witnesses and police get things "wrong", but I guess I'm just too jaded from working in the media my entire adult life to see things be as simple as that anymore.

Like with Parkland... who would have thought that a shooting would just happen at a high school with so many kids tied to the FBI?

I'm certainly not saying it's a case of no-one dying in these events, just that the data that comes out after the events is completely skewed by political motivation and those funny "coincidences".

If you look at events the media doesn't blow up into big stories, you find more organic, correct facts.
    The information goes through the same process, but there just is less "He's middle eastern, oh now he's WHITE" information swapping.
    It's not the event I don't trust, it's the chain of information that is dubious.

• Agree Agree x 4
    heathercho

heathercho Not YoRee Koh.

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    LiveFromNS

LiveFromNS JIMI

kiwifarms.net
  10. Eventually there will be no Americans left. Just guns and bullets.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Jesus

Jesus The LORD JESUS CHRIST and Nothing Less
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. WHO DUN IT? Obviously a Democrat false flagger who thought the election was 11/9, not 11/6.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.net
  12. I smell a pixar movie in the making!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. long.png
    This was just posted on the r/news thread. Briefly scrolled through his profile, his account is 5+ years old and he has posted in the past about serving in Afghanistan.
    If he's telling the truth it's pretty interesting and also I'd like to know more about this underwear story.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Turd Blossom

Turd Blossom Frist of all how dare yo u

kiwifarms.net
  14. :semperfidelis::deagle:

• Winner Winner x 1
    Jesus

Jesus The LORD JESUS CHRIST and Nothing Less
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Was the stolen underwear worth it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Depression is a serious issue, and medication is something that can help, but it's important that you need to be depressed in the first place. Current Year "depression" might as well encompass symptoms like getting made fun of for saying something stupid in 9th grade homeroom, with both peers and professionals enforcing the idea that no, you really are special, you have a severely disruptive disorder with little precursor of any indication of having a mental illness previously. The normal person going through a rough patch in life shouldn't be diagnosed with depression, because depression is a clinical issue that requires treatment, most importantly therapy. Feeling like crap after a shitty breakup shouldn't isn't something SSRIs can fix, and will often make things worse. The same can be said of stimulants prescribed for patients with attention disorders like ADHD and ADD, which get abused at colleges to cram for tests or finish a paper after procrastinating to the last second. You'd think everyone would benefit from more energy and increased concentration, but normal brains don't need that. The adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" has been lost in time, because anyone can claim any disorder for whatever purposes they want, and it muddies the waters for people who receive an actual depression diagnosis, but can't take it seriously when it's considered such a base mental illness. I particularly remember a point on Tumblr where people were claiming that only having unipolar depression (not bipolar) gave them privilege in the mental health division of the Oppresion Olympics.

Intervention is important in mental illnesses, but with everyone claiming that they have this or that disorder, psychiatrists and other medical practitioners toss meds at people (usually Prozac or another SSRI) out of fear from public pressure. Medication is very helpful in treating mental health issues, but it has to be the right type, dosage, and accompanied by therapy. But people don't want to deal with that annoying shit, so they pop 40mg of Prozac a day and claim that they're totally depressed. Anti-psychotics in particular are dangerous, because if prescribed to the wrong person, it can be disastrous. They can end up invoking manic episodes or triggering behaviors that will domino effect into making the person feel worse. But nobody has a concrete idea of what depression is anymore, because its definition is being stretched to its limit.

Imagine if you rushed into the ER begging for penicillin because you've been having a runny nose for a couple days. That's the issue more than anything

I've seen way too many "woke" people literally showboating that the shooter wasn't Middle-Eastern and they can add another name to the "Wypipo R Terrorists 2" chart. They care more about rubbing it in the faces of so-called "racists" than they do about the people who were killed. I'd hate to be a loved one of any of the victims and watching some basketball African-American use your friend/family member's death as a way to posture on people who were only going by reports

At least whitey isn't throwing fags off buildings daily or stoning women for having more than just their eyes visible:hillary:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    wes

wes

kiwifarms.net
  17. I really hope that one of the media ghouls looking for a new angle on the story follows this up.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. If anybody wants to think that its 'too easy' to get guns in this modern day and that is the root of the problem, well.....just check out this 1908 vintage scan.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe I'm already tired of this holiday bullshit.

kiwifarms.net
  19. It's a bit more complicated than that because the definitions of what's "normal" have changed, sometimes dramatically, over time. It used to be regarded as "normal" to take a couple of years to get over a major loss, but now reactive depression which lasts longer than 6 months is often seen by mental health professionals as some kind of pathology in need of treatment.

While you're correct that a lot of people seem to seek a diagnosis so they can use it as an excuse for the shortcomings in their life, that hasn't happened in a vacuum and the mental health industry itself has played a major part in encouraging the belief that anything less than being totally content all of the time requires treatment of some kind. Unfortunately, this only further exacerbates the problem of learned helplessness and lack of resilience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.