kiwifarms.net
Shoudaku Con update:

1579323595480.png

GenericReviewerDraco

Fluffy Major Anna
kiwifarms.net
Shoudaku Con update:

View attachment 1103183
Is he really gonna make Neo DashCon: KickVic Forever? Will we randomly get Scott Freeman, Brad Wiedenheft, and Illich Guardiola as guest speakers to call Vic a pedo rapist and brag about becoming better people? Will a ISWV sped make an ass of themselves there? Find out next time on Social Justice Warrior Z!

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
Shoudaku Con update:

View attachment 1103183
If one of the surprise guests is a medical device manufacturer there to show off Manual Scrotum Removers and Vagina Plug Hose Attachments, then yes, I hate it. That's just pandering, kids should see a doctor if they want to amputate their genitals.

Otherwise @Shane_Yes_That_One, fuck your drama whore lies. No one cares about your stupid convention. You're less popular than Vic even after all your bullshit.

Xolanite

Halloween lasts until February, in my country.
kiwifarms.net
If your convention is about exchanging ideas rather than appreciating hobbies, then it’s a workshop. It’s a good thing this current-year DashCon was aborted early; we don’t need another piss-filled ball pit just yet.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Weeb Wars' "Remote Assistance" Team Leader
kiwifarms.net
Just for the record, @Shane_Yes_That_One There has been absolutely zero hate against the convention I'm involved with, and we're very openly supportive of the LGBTQ+ community.

Please play again.

Most cons these days are pro LGBT.

A convention I've attended and worked with is in a pretty religious area but they donate to and have helped organize Pride. And in most cities there will be a convention or two representing at Pride and setting up a booth or having a float in the parade.

He thinks he's special.

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
Most cons these days are pro LGBT.

A convention I've attended and worked with is in a pretty religious area but they donate to and have helped organize Pride. And in most cities there will be a convention or two representing at Pride and setting up a booth or having a float in the parade.

He thinks he's special.
Honestly, anyone who uses that as a promotional point is probably a closet homophobe. If the mentality is that the LGBT should be grateful and gracious that Papa Smurf has thrown them a tablescrap, that isn't support. That is treating a group like a payday.

Most conventions I know all support LGBT, and literally none of them put it on a flag and wave it, because it's not 1950 anymore.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
A local gaming convention operating out of one of the buildings in the fairgrounds has twice the likes on Facebook.

Good job with the PR.

Anyway, did Shane accept his loss and bow to the convention agents?
To be fair, the people who run it probably aren't vocal pedophiles like Shane. Also, gaming conventions tend to have a lot more people who care about them because they're so small and at times more niche with the only large convention being GenCon (which has turned to shit over the years). Comic and anime conventions tend to only be good if they're at least somewhat large, at least large enough to have a fair amount of various types of guests and a vendor hall. Don't get me started on how Shane wanted rooms to talk about LGBT idiocy than to have rooms for watching anime.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Weeb Wars' "Remote Assistance" Team Leader
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, anyone who uses that as a promotional point is probably a closet homophobe. If the mentality is that the LGBT should be grateful and gracious that Papa Smurf has thrown them a tablescrap, that isn't support. That is treating a group like a payday.

Most conventions I know all support LGBT, and literally none of them put it on a flag and wave it, because it's not 1950 anymore.
I agree with everything you said.

The only real flags that they wave are panels and programming specifically for LGBT people. And even then that's basically normal shit especially for anime cons. A lot of the panels at smaller events are run by locals or people who apply specifically to be panelists. At larger events the panelists are chosen specifically because they are a part of the LGBT community and are approached with the topic of the panel asking if they'd like to be a part.

LGBT culture and con culture have always intermingled. A lot of people attend these events and get to be themselves, so to speak. It has always been a place where people don't have to worry about judgment because at the end of the day we're all nerds doing nerd things.

That's why I hate the gatekeeping. People like Shane and Manjaw make cons unsafe for children and adolescents who are trying to figure themselves out because they are telling these young, impressionable people how to feel and what to think. It is most definitely the first step in grooming, as much as we joke about it.

These kids are looking to be with people who understand them and let loose. If there's any bit of pushback about how they express themselves, it's like glass shattering. It'll take forever to pick up all the pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None