Shoudaku Con - Shane Holmberg's consent con has been cancelled

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
@I can't imagine chances are good that all Shane did was give people their badges. It's why he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I still have my old documents for running a gaming convention that's more in depth than what he had down. Why didn't he talk about vendors? Guests? Events that were anime related? Work shops for things like learning how to do cosplay? What about room size? What the location has to offer, hotels and restaurants near by. How many guests his location can have (by guests I mean convention staff and convention goers). Would it have any swag, even a nice badge can be decent swag as many convention goers keep them. Any door prizes? Is there room for any games? There was so much information missing about his convention that it really shows that he didn't have a clue what he was doing.
He didn't mention any of those things because he didn't have anything in place. His con was 3 months away and the only thing he had announced was one guest who is just starting out in voice acting and has done mostly bit parts. Shane wants you to believe he had all these amazing things nailed down and ready to go but it just wasn't the right time for his convention and it just needs to be postponed a bit. At least he was able to swallow his pride and admit his con was doomed instead of forging ahead and losing even more money.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
@I can't imagine chances are good that all Shane did was give people their badges. It's why he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I still have my old documents for running a gaming convention that's more in depth than what he had down. Why didn't he talk about vendors? Guests? Events that were anime related? Work shops for things like learning how to do cosplay? What about room size? What the location has to offer, hotels and restaurants near by. How many guests his location can have (by guests I mean convention staff and convention goers). Would it have any swag, even a nice badge can be decent swag as many convention goers keep them. Any door prizes? Is there room for any games? There was so much information missing about his convention that it really shows that he didn't have a clue what he was doing.
I mean, I realize it's hard to believe, but he was the Director of Operations of A-Kon for multiple years; in other words, the guy in charge of making sure they have the location locked down, hotel bookings for guests, enough panel rooms, etc. He'd also be interacting with the people in charge of events, panels, vendors, etc. to ensure they planned for proper space allotments and the like. At the very least, he should know what's involved in, y'know, operating a convention. Even if he was bad at it, the basic concepts should have been there.

The fact that he didn't seem to even try to do any of these things suggest he never intended to do them in the first place. Which seems like a much more interesting prospect to me than the idea he's just incompetent.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I realize it's hard to believe, but he was the Director of Operations of A-Kon for multiple years; in other words, the guy in charge of making sure they have the location locked down, hotel bookings for guests, enough panel rooms, etc. He'd also be interacting with the people in charge of events, panels, vendors, etc. to ensure they planned for proper space allotments and the like. At the very least, he should know what's involved in, y'know, operating a convention. Even if he was bad at it, the basic concepts should have been there.

The fact that he didn't seem to even try to do any of these things suggest he never intended to do them in the first place. Which seems like a much more interesting prospect to me than the idea he's just incompetent.
Unless Shane worked for Phoenix Entertainment he didn't do any of that. Remember, Shane lies...A lot.
I would like to point out something too, he claims that he has 15 years of service working for A-Kon, why wasn't he there in 2009? Was he too busy with a 12 year old Rebecca?
I bet if you go through his older Tweets you'd find more things like this where he was just a fan of the convention and only an attendee.

Last edited:

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Unless Shane worked for Phoenix Entertainment he didn't do any of that. Remember, Shane lies...A lot.
I would like to point out something too, he claims that he has 15 years of service working for A-Kon, why wasn't he there in 2009? Was he too busy with a 12 year old Rebecca?
I bet if you go through his older Tweets you'd find more things like this where he was just a fan of the convention and only an attendee.
Fair enough. Looking into this more, @Not A Bug said that he was actually Director of Programming, not Operations, and for only one year, though it was more of a last second thing when the actual guy couldn't do it. He was apparently exceptionally bad at the job and sacked not long after. Still a fair step above handing out badges in terms of responsibilities, but not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo usually had convention staff help out up front before they figured they were "too big/ important" to help. By the time they were bringing in 40k attendees they gave the ticket handling to the volunteers. 2015-2016 show you wouldn't even find a staff member on the floor. Everything was handled by volunteers, but that's only because the convention owners are lazy pieces of shit that only see the convention as a way of meeting "stars".

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Fair enough. Looking into this more, @Not A Bug said that he was actually Director of Programming, not Operations, and for only one year, though it was more of a last second thing when the actual guy couldn't do it. He was apparently exceptionally bad at the job and sacked not long after. Still a fair step above handing out badges in terms of responsibilities, but not exactly a ringing endorsement.
He probably just blundered into it like the shoe eating mongoloid idiot he is, and anything that actually needed to be done was done not by him but by other people who actually had some clue what they were doing, and when they realized what an utterly useless piece of shit he is, they immediately fired him.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Scary thing is there was a ConsentCon back in 2017. It was a "sex positive" convention for people with "kinks". Just imagine if the people who went to that convention thought Shane's convention was the same convention since no one bothers to use his stupid name for it, just at new location.

• Informative
Reactions: BasedRetard

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck, imagine getting molested by Shane as the only attendee of his rape con, as a birthday present.
@Shane_Yes_That_One 's stupidity is fun to mock, but that kid just had a legit close call. Imagine not knowing anything about his background or Vic, then showing up to the shoe eater's gig as your first con.

Is there a legal way to force a con to be 18+ only?

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Shane_Yes_That_One 's stupidity is fun to mock, but that kid just had a legit close call. Imagine not knowing anything about his background or Vic, then showing up to the shoe eater's gig as your first con.

Is there a legal way to force a con to be 18+ only?
We don't know if they're safe yet. Their tweet alluded to contacting Shane directly and we all know how Shane interacts with underage girls.

feral cat #6385

Practiced Social Distancing before it was cool.
kiwifarms.net
It's amazing the reputational suicide these morons are willing to commit in some weird grudge match against some voice actor who didn't even previously know they existed. Or in the case of absolutely pathetic nobodies like Shane and Emmett Plant, still doesn't.
I for one welcome their short sighted stupidity. It has produced hours and hours worth of entertainment.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just wait you guys, Shane "I like my girls young, just like I like shoes on my tongue" Holmberg will show all of you how a successful con is run. Just you wait. Consent-con will be a landmark con in the industry. #fuckthewhispernetwork #ljmontellocrew #kickvic #threadnaughtseaman #vicstansaredelusional
you forgot #nickrekietaisadrunk #getscreechsomeshoes

Spectre_06

I'ma report you to SecDef Trump.
kiwifarms.net
My theory on this is that Shane wanted to use this to find out what other voice actors might not be 100% onboard with #KickVic, and then try to shame them publicly for not supporting Monica and Jaime, as well as draw attention from FUNimation to them. My thinking was he'd hold on to this until the point when he was under the microscope and he was in danger of #MeToo'd when he'd drop it and buy himself some respite by saying, "Look at these people who supported Vic!" hoping it would permanently remove him from any type of shitshow. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but he's got to be dreading the inevitable turning on him.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
My theory on this is that Shane wanted to use this to find out what other voice actors might not be 100% onboard with #KickVic, and then try to shame them publicly for not supporting Monica and Jaime, as well as draw attention from FUNimation to them. My thinking was he'd hold on to this until the point when he was under the microscope and he was in danger of #MeToo'd when he'd drop it and buy himself some respite by saying, "Look at these people who supported Vic!" hoping it would permanently remove him from any type of shitshow. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but he's got to be dreading the inevitable turning on him.
That is an interesting theory. They are still looking to purge Vic's supporters from the industry.

The only thing about it is that Shane was asking Jinnie McManus for help to run it. He knew that Monica and Jamie wouldn't draw a crowd. It seems to me that he was trying to make a legitimate convention.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Though gathering Intel through con invites seems unreliable at best. ("They didn't want to come to my con. They must support Vic.")

Tags
None