Should I give this game/game series a look? -

Hank Salagna

I eat your babies bietch
kiwifarms.net
Is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel any good? I got it as part of the Handsome Collection, but I haven't tried it yet.
I like it. It's the Borderlands with the most freedom and verticality in its movement and the cryo and laser weapons are pretty cool. I honestly like the Vault Hunters in this a lot more than the ones in BL 2. Their skill trees are more interesting (although Nisha is kinda broken tbh) and they have dialogue throughout the story which gives them more personality. Regarding the narrative it works as a Handsome Jack origin story but most of the new characters are pretty terrible like Janey Springs and Pickle and the corny australian accents on almost everyone get old quick. When it comes to level design and variety it's neat to explore Helios Station but everything else is pretty dull and samey. The Claptastic Voyage DLC is very solid, made me actually like and sympathize with Claptrap for the first time in this series.

Overall though it's not as replayable as BL 2 or 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: A single cheeto

WinterMoonsLight

J'ai une âme solitaire
kiwifarms.net
I've been thinking about trying Vampyr, but have heard mixed things. The positive that draws me to it is that I've been told it's very similar in tone/style to World of Darkness/VtM, at least much more so than the faggotry Paradox is shitting out.

I've also heard it's really boring, by the numbers bland.

Anyone have thoughts on it, or if I might like it if I'm looking for a spiritual successor to Bloodlines?

Hank Salagna

I eat your babies bietch
kiwifarms.net
How is the Shadow Warrior reboot and it's sequel like? They look like asian Doom and I am a-okay with that, but are they as fun?

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is the Shadow Warrior reboot and it's sequel like? They look like asian Doom and I am a-okay with that, but are they as fun?
As someone that has played the reboot, it felt like a lite version of Serious Sam as you go further in the game. Much as you got guns, I stuck to using the sword. You do get powers such as healing and abilities that allow you to use special moves with the sword. The sequel itself had me use guns more often. Weapons are kinda remind me of Borderlands and Dying Light in having color tiered weapons. IIRC, the levels are randomized but its been a while since I played the game. I recommend playing the reboot but don't expect it to be similar to its original predecessor in terms of level design.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
I've been thinking about one day digging in to the jRPG's I never played on the Playstation. Was the Arc the Lad series any good? Or Jade Cocoon?

I've been tempted to give Assassin's Creed: Black Flag a try. Sid Meier's Pirates! is one of my favorite games, and I've heard that the actual piracy gameplay in the game is pretty fun. But, it's an Assassin's Creed game, and that means lots of boring cutscenes and the sort of blandness typical to AAA games.

Should I give it a shot?
It's good, the only downer is when it gets too AssCreedy with "do this without getting spotted" and it's just trial and error when memorizing the paths and timings. There's not a lot of the that and most of the game is fine though. And here's a really bizarre thing about the game: when they announced it they proudly said that it had xx amounts of sea shanties your crew could sing while sailing. Lame as hell.

10 hours in the game, when you find yet another shantie, you go ooh, this will be great when I get back on the sea, it will really liven thing things up. Did not expect that.

i liked dragon age origins, is mass effect anything like it, or even dragon age 2/inquisition for that matter?
First one is good and like Mass Effect it is very reminiscent of how KOTOR played. If you like KOTOR, go for it.

The first one is very charming, Hoji's story and Lo Wangs character progression* really hooked me. Enemies could be bullet sponges and it was tiring when sometimes it was just one monster left and you as the player was running laps, backwards, around a pagoda over and over again while dumping bullets in its face. I played it to conclusion despite that, I wanted to know what happened.

* Lo Wang is highly skilled but he's also a dingus that no one really respects as a person. He wants to be a cool action hero so he tries to drop sick one-liners and burns but fumbles them or come off as a dork, that's the beginning of his character arc.

Second one is fine, less bullet sponge:y enemies, some crummy levels(it's padded out with side missions that are randomly generated). The second one plays better but the first one I liked a lot more.

• Informative
Reactions: Safir

Dark Prince

Notorious Nun Harasser
kiwifarms.net
If you are into Dragon Age, you should try Divinity II. Didn't play the first one so can't speak on that, but it's a lot like it, except I like the combat a lot better.
Going to not only second this but toss up playing the Original Sin games if you were a fan of Baldur's Gate, Original Sin 2 especially was really great with just how fucking deep the dialogue trees go. You get regular options, title options, racial options, Origin character (pre-written, default characters) options, options that open up depending on past actions/trigger if you miss something or do it in a different order, in fact some options are even tied to the feat Pet Pal, which opens up sidequests by talking to animals.

The replay value is insane too. There's 6 ways at least in order to complete the first major task (Escape Fort Joy) ranging from sneaking through a sewer pipe to just murdering your way through, you can get gear to carry you through the next 2 acts by killing the final boss of the first map the first encounter with them, and a lot more. Also because you can't bring all of the Origin characters at once after the first chapter.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
is buying a switch worth it for MM2? looks fun tbh
I don't think any single game is worth buying a console, but it's a good game. If you're really into building levels or just want to have an infinite number of Mario levels of varying quality to run through, I say get it .Also I recommend turning off the comments when you play levels, they can be distracting and block obstacles sometimes which is annoying and has actually gotten me killed a few times.

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Party like it's 1999
kiwifarms.net
How is the witcher 3? I've never played any of the previous one but you can get the goty edition for dirt cheap on steam right now so I was thinking about giving it a try since a lot of people considered it the best game ever made and cdpr are the savior of the game industry.

Annie

Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl
kiwifarms.net
How is the witcher 3? I've never played any of the previous one but you can get the goty edition for dirt cheap on steam right now so I was thinking about giving it a try since a lot of people considered it the best game ever made and cdpr are the savior of the game industry.
I don't know if the Witcher series or CDPR are necessarily the saviors of the game industry, but Witcher 3 is a very good game. The story is pretty good, the combat is enjoyable and nuanced enough to throw you the occasional hiccup, and the world is rich and MASSIVE.

I personally didn't love the characters (outside of a certain sorceress and one of the game's villains), though. And the amount of sidequests you can do can definitely prolong your play time (I didn't do very many, not the biggest fan of sidequests), but many are quite enjoyable- some, I've heard, are even on the level of the main story storytelling-wise.

I don't even own the DLC and I feel I got at least $30 worth of enjoyment out of it (I think it's half that on Steam?), if you had asked me at certain points in the story I'm sure I would've bumped that figure higher too. It's certainly worth it if you're a fantasy RPG fan (Skyrim, etc), and I'd even get it if fantasy usually gives you some pause because it's one hell of a game.

Gravityqueen4life

may or may not collect her garbage
kiwifarms.net
half the fun of playing the witcher games is you knowing the lore and the characters of the series since the games are full of references from the books. this video explains all the impotent parts of the books and the older games if you interested in playing the witcher 3.

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been tempted to give Assassin's Creed: Black Flag a try. Sid Meier's Pirates! is one of my favorite games, and I've heard that the actual piracy gameplay in the game is pretty fun. But, it's an Assassin's Creed game, and that means lots of boring cutscenes and the sort of blandness typical to AAA games.

Should I give it a shot?
Yes just rush the story and arrrrr for fun

• Agree
Reactions: The 8 of Spades

Arachnophile

"Ahuhuhuhu~"
kiwifarms.net
So with all the hype lately surrounding Dragon Quest IX, between Smash and the definitive version coming to Switch, which Dragon Quest games are worth checking out? Still have my 3DS, so that won't be a problem. Also the Dragon Quest Builders game coming out soon looks really good, like a beefed up version of Minecraft. Anyone planning on getting it?

Antique Rice

kiwifarms.net
The first one has a better story and characters and the sword is very satisfying to use. Get it if you're interested in a tight, controlled experience. The second one has better gameplay overall, mostly because the mobility is completely ridiculous and you'll be double jumping and air dodging all over demon faces. Sadly Lo Wang is a lot less likeable in the second one, but it's a great dumb action FPS with character and weapon upgrades to experiment with.

• Agree
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
I've finished Persona 5 and had a blast with that game mostly due to its themes, story, characters, and super sleek style/UI. But until P5R comes out I've got nothing to scratch that same itch, save for going back and replaying the older games which supposedly don't have a lot of the features that made P5 as good as it was to begin with. Yet that aside, I've still heard incredible things about P4/P4G, and to a lesser extent P3 (and to an even lesser extent, P2 and P1), as well as the Shin Megami Tensei series where this all spawned from specifically because people won't shut up about how fucking amazing Nocturne is. So are any of these worth playing nowadays, or should I stick to waiting for P5R?

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Party like it's 1999
kiwifarms.net
Both p3 and p4 is pretty good, but p5 refine and streamline the gameplay experience so much better that it'll be pretty hard to get into the older games.
If you're interested in the series, off the top of my head I'd recommend the devil survivors series and strange journey redux. Fun, easy to get into and doesn't cost you 2 hours of tearing your hair running around because the fucking dungeon in Nocturne is just the spawn of the fucking devil.

• Informative
Reactions: OmnipotentStupidity

Tryphaena

Not like the other people here in the trailer park
kiwifarms.net
Monster Hunter is just too much of a grindfest and after a while you wonder why you're doing it at all. The game just doesn't feel very satisfying to me. If you like endless grinding and collecting that seems to go on forever, you might like it.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
You should play through Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 because they have good stories that carry over. They're also like 5 bucks each and warrant multiple playthroughs.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino