Should SRS be illegal? - Discuss ethics on tranny-self mutilation here.

Should it be illegal?

• Nope

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Ahem, fuck trannies. Let them do the snip

Votes: 59 56.2%
  • IDK

Votes: 21 20.0%

• Total voters

Bi Eraser

Fudge packing gussy grabber
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, it's a example of horrific forever mutilation but on the other it's self inflicted done with a legally defined sound mind by a (hopefully) legitimate doctor. 🤔Although seeing some of the results I'm not so sure about that last bit, but at the very least they provide more jobs to the field of medical reconstruction and also may act as a testing ground for reconstructive techniques so economically I guess let em, but morally I'd say also let them because they deserve to have the freedom to dismember themselves and such, but they should not be covered by insurance and other health care systems, should be 100% self funded.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
It is pretty insane how these surgeries are founded in my country. But, to the deception of troons, you must live at least one year as your opposite sex, self id is banned here, and then they will give you hormones. Seriously guys, dental and eye plan are not covered in my country and happens far more than troonism. And that's what the podemos guys talk about, they would make self id legal.

That USED to be the standard here

DoodleBerry

You Can't Outrun the Dark Man
kiwifarms.net
I feel that in the very rare case of a person being born truly "intersex" (with definite sets of two sexual organs), SRS should be performed after a long period of therapy which leads to a conclusion of a definite gender predilection and a medical determination.

What I feel is happening now is that mentally ill, unhappy and confused people are jumping on the bandwagon of what they somehow feel is a societal acceptance of exceptionally different people because they need a sense of belonging. This is leading to a booming business for some medical "professionals" who should be under higher scrutiny due to the mental states ofbthe patients they agree to mutilate in order to "fix" disordered gender identity.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
Yes.

If their gender retardation is really that important to them, they can simply get the surgery for probably cheaper in another country where it’s allowed. Which will stop most of them from transitioning, because trannies are ultimately a bunch of lazy faggots doing it mostly for attention.

Spiritually Sodomized

Filled with the Holy Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I don't think they should be legal.

I believe the Hippocratic Oath is still taken that demands Doctors do no harm, which SRS procedures at the current time does because changing sex is not physically possible at the moment and all the data suggests deeply and profoundly negative outcomes are highly likely.

(I'm aware that the Hippocratic argument is this same one often used to justify banning abortion, but they forget that the mother and not the fetus is the patient and it does her a great deal of good.)

Last edited:

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
Adults should be allowed to do whatever they want to their body, as they are more capable of understanding the risks. Children on the other hand, should not have any surgery done, and it should be a crime to counsel or a abet a minor to get SRS while underage.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
I don't think they should be legal.

I believe the Hippocratic Oath is still taken that demands Doctors do no harm, which SRS procedures at the current time does because changing sex is not physically possible at the moment and all the data suggests deeply and profoundly negative outcomes are highly likely.

(I'm aware that the Hippocratic argument is this same one often used to justify banning abortion, but they forget that the mother and not the fetus is the patient and it does her a great deal of good.)
Should cosmetic surgery be outlawed? Beyond extreme reconstructive cases, it causes permanent harm with a high chance of complications for mere vanity.
Should doctors be morally opposed to alcohol? It causes long-term harm and is a poison that is consumed for foolish pleasure.

Genkoda

A fluorescent African American government worker
kiwifarms.net
Long as it is not covered by health insurance and the person in question is at least 18(I would say 25 since that is when the brain typically stops developing, but that would be very unpopular)

Spiritually Sodomized

Filled with the Holy Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Should cosmetic surgery be outlawed? Beyond extreme reconstructive cases, it causes permanent harm with a high chance of complications for mere vanity.

In my perfect world where I as supreme overlord could ban whatever I liked? I would ban it beyond reconstructive surgery for the deformed or victims of accidents. You ain't a great beauty, so what neither are most of us and neither are many of the so-called beauties once the honey lights and filters are off. The beauty of the kind of say Grace Kelly is rare, and that can't be replicated with surgery (yet) anyway so in my mind the effort is futile.

That said, while it does have the potential to be as lethal and damaging as SRS such as in the case of the "Human Ken Doll" Rodrigo Alves who's near enough a shambling zombie at this point (several body parts are apparently at risk of literally "falling off") this is the extreme rather than the norm.

The more normal and minor procedures do carry minor risks such as infection normal to any surgery, but they do not fundamentally damage a person. A woman who alters her nose to allay her fears of ugliness might be better treated in other ways I agree, but it is not as fundamentally destructive as literally neutering themselves for no net gain. I can't say cosmetic surgery doesn't have a net gain however because many a young lady has gained quite a lot through plastic tits and rear enhancements wheras most of the studies from Dr Money onward demonstrate that the gender dysphoria is rarely ever cured, and indeed SRS often amplifies the trauma.

Should doctors be morally opposed to alcohol? It causes long-term harm and is a poison that is consumed for foolish pleasure.

In an ideal world yes, we would all make healthy choices that maximize efficiency.

There's a difference between a bad habit that the doctor doesn't actually have a hand in vs mutilation that has been proven beyond doubt at this point to cause more problems than it actually solves.

Your first example is a procedure that has the potential to do a lot of good but is employed for bad reasons, and the second is just a health reccomendation the doctor can't do much about either way. SRS is as of writing is about as effective as trying to graft on an extra set of limbs from a corpse.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is pretty insane how these surgeries are founded in my country. But, to the deception of troons, you must live at least one year as your opposite sex, self id is banned here, and then they will give you hormones.
Civilised countries like Iran only allow sexual reassignment surgery in cases where the victim has indicated a true and honest desire to be of the opposite sex- i.e. being a homosexual.

I wanna Cum Daddy

Game Designer
kiwifarms.net
I think it should be because of the anecdotal statements trannies who've done it have made, as well as the higher suicide rate post-surgery and the massive regret after they realize their tranny vagina is just a giant wound that expels pus and requires dilation.

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
Yes.

If their gender exceptionalism is really that important to them, they can simply get the surgery for probably cheaper in another country where it’s allowed. Which will stop most of them from transitioning, because trannies are ultimately a bunch of lazy faggots doing it mostly for attention.

Actually if you spend enough time pursing the trans subs on reddit you'll find that that is exactly what they are doing. They are going to places like Thailand (don't quote me on that, can't remember exactly right now), they even have names for the surgeons that perform the surgery, that are along the lines of who can make the perfect snatch.
It also doesn't cost as much as you think it might. I'm pretty sure I saw $4k spoken about.