Should Twitter cease to exist? -

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
We all agree that Twitter and everyone on it is harmful in an Of Mice and Men sense at best and literal demons at worst. I think we also all agree that if Twitter were burned down, something would immediately take its place, because the problem isn't the platform exists, it's that the platform enables evil.

So here's a followup question: how do you solve the case of a compromised website? Twitter selectively allows certain types of extremism, which is a problem. I doubt many people here would be okay with the idea of legally compelling a website to be politically neutral, so what other options are there? We can't just accept that Twitter is the largest propaganda wing in the history of humanity and say "oh well, I guess reality is whatever Twitter allows it to be and we'll never stop it, ever".

SickNastyBastard

The aesthetic Jake Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We all agree that Twitter and everyone on it is harmful in an Of Mice and Men sense at best and literal demons at worst. I think we also all agree that if Twitter were burned down, something would immediately take its place, because the problem isn't the platform exists, it's that the platform enables evil.

So here's a followup question: how do you solve the case of a compromised website? Twitter selectively allows certain types of extremism, which is a problem. I doubt many people here would be okay with the idea of legally compelling a website to be politically neutral, so what other options are there? We can't just accept that Twitter is the largest propaganda wing in the history of humanity and say "oh well, I guess reality is whatever Twitter allows it to be and we'll never stop it, ever".
It may not be in writing, but they are being compelled to be political. And every free-speech forum gets stamped out quick with government backing (weird how its always right wing speech for freedom). So even telling them to be "politically neutral" means jack shit, because neutral will still keep whatever agenda is in place. Last i heard, YouTube is a money sink, so why is it still around? I bet some guvment bux given to google make up for it.
The fact that some sissy can publicly post his cock weird shit or the piss filled condoms he gets mailed is fine, but Nick Fuentes can get kicked shows the stanard across every big platorm. They're a bunch of candy ass bitches who are fine with posting pegging vids, but not tweets that hurt their feelings.

Billy Rocker

Teaching 13 year olds about incognito mode
kiwifarms.net
Any opinion that fits into 140 characters isn't worth sharing. Nothing's driven down the quality of internet discourse more than twitter's hot takes.
Dedicated blogs in the 2000's might have been often too personal and spergy, but besides not having the social aspects of Twitter, i feel they were a superior way to voice your opinions on the internet. You could beef in more words to support your views, but also had to assume that it shouldn't be an ultralong wall of text to not bore people away, and blogging could be done quickly and easily even from your grandma's computer with a shitty keyboard. With twitter, though, it's extremely easy to bore viewers away, as most ADHD saps can't even be assed to read the second reply in a chain of tweets without hitting retweet or lashing out.

On that sense though, i feel the increasing popularity of Jewtube might also have contributed to all of this. Sharing your opinions on the internet through pure text is a dead concept nowadays outside of the likes of imageboards and forums, and maybe a witty maymay tweet. If you're not a charismatic Youtuber with noticeably high production value on your videos (and even then, already having like 15k subs), you might as well forget about getting your opinions through anyone's thick skull.

DrunkNDoziNDragN

Dragon for hire. Accepts: Gold, Booze, Mutton.
kiwifarms.net
So basically we need to use twitter as a hit list and kill everyone who uses it until they go underground. Got it.

No, I dont think it's too bright in here. Why do you ask?

Tags
None