Should we be concerned that the Kiwi Farms Gag Order / Secret Court Order Canary has been Triggered? -

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
I have nothing to hide.
I wouldn't be surprised if with the rise of regular people using VPNs, they're making increasing amounts of probing attempts to see how much white noise it's causing, or how many people are actually doing something they perceive as worth 'hiding', how many are using tor on top of that, etc. A forum database like KF could be one of the most useful targets for this. People in five eyes countries outside of the US should be the most concerned, as their countries have shittier laws.
You say that as if the law has ever mattered to any government when they feel like being invasive. When you're in power the law is merely suggestion as compared to something like a solidified fact or rule.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
Just a small thing.

firefox_2019-10-18_15-14-30.png

You say that as if the law has ever mattered to any government when they feel like being invasive. When you're in power the law is merely suggestion as compared to something like a solidified fact or rule.
Law is still a very inconvenient obstacle to government on numerous levels, and the US's is objectively less able to do insane things like crimimalise you for calling somebody the wrong gender or satirise fascism, which the UK for example actively pursues.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Just a small thing.

View attachment 976008

Law is still a very inconvenient obstacle to government on numerous levels, and the US's is objectively less able to do insane things like crimimalise you for calling somebody the wrong gender or satirise fascism, which the UK for example actively pursues.
It is illegal to call a tranny the wrong pronoun -- out of a list of 59 -- in New York. This will spread as younger, more indoctrinated Neo-Marxist leftists start pushing IdPol more and more.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
There's no concern to 99.9998% of the site.

Btw, Internet advocacy groups are useless.
I imagine you can't give specifics, or it wouldn't be a secret gag order.

In general:

What countries would be able to file a legal order against you or the host that you could not simply ignore? (I.e., I imagine it's not New Zealand.)

Are there any topics you wish people would no longer talk about on the board, at least for the forseeable future?

(This wasn't some stupid fuck being an edge-lord and posting a threat against a politician, was it?)

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Just a small thing.

View attachment 976008

My advice is to disable JavaScript on the Kiwi Farms site, and preferably use Tor.

I don't think you need to abandon your account and microwave your hard drive though, unless you know something that we don't.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript is a good tool.

Oskar Dirlewanger

SS-Oberführer of 36th Waffen Grenadier Division
kiwifarms.net
Sure, but all sorts of insane shit is going to/could happen in the future. It shouldn't be used to dismiss realistic concerns that Aus, Can, NZ, UK, etc, posters at the moment objectively have more to fear than US ones if they're committing thought crimes.
I'm in Russia and every time I make fun of faggots or troons online, the government sends 1000₽ to my account. Гуд шит.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Just a small thing.

View attachment 976008

I think if the United States government wanted to criminalize people for doing that sort of thing it wouldn't be quite so hard for them to enforce that. Maybe you have too much faith in our system of checks and balances but I've seen and experienced quite a lot that would throw that faith into considerable question. Laws are simply words written down and often poorly memorized if at all in the minds of imperfect beings. We all have our prices and vices, no on is immune to their own hubris. That is to say that our laws are only as strong as the people who uphold them, by which I mean to say that as fallible human beings these laws are merely paper tigers against a hurricane of confused emotion and toxic outside influence.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
I think if the United States government wanted to criminalize people for doing that sort of thing it wouldn't be quite so hard for them to enforce that. Maybe you have too much faith in our system of checks and balances but I've seen and experienced quite a lot that would throw that faith into considerable question. Laws are simply words written down and often poorly memorized if at all in the minds of imperfect beings. We all have our prices and vices, no on is immune to their own hubris. That is to say that our laws are only as strong as the people who uphold them, by which I mean to say that as fallible human beings these laws are merely paper tigers against a hurricane of confused emotion and toxic outside influence.
I don't disagree that the US government does things unilaterally in disregard for the law all the time, and it is uniquely able to do so without consequence, but I don't see why it would care about 'cyberbullying'/low-level piracy/etc. When it disappears people there has to be a fairly pressing reason (dissent/developing 'problematic' software, calls to arms, etc) or it doesn't make sense for them to care. For example, the NSA's databases no doubt could provide lock-tight evidence that would convict millions of Americans of all sorts of low-level crime (drug dealer PMs, talking about date rape, pirating movies, etc) but doesn't because it makes no sense to burden the system/expose themselves to such an extent. For things that are even lower level than that like annoying some stay at home bipolar mom, it's nothing. I don't doubt that they might want to target a few Kiwis if they are into enough shit, but those people will already be fully aware of this and already taking all the protective measures they can to avoid this unless they're stupid.

The countries that have very publicly made this petty drama stuff illegal are having their hands forced in enforcing it, and over time are drinking the kool aid and will no doubt pursue it more actively (until they realise just how many cases they are, and how bad it makes them look, but this is overly :optimistic: on my part).

Xarpho

Not an Elf Thot in Sight!
kiwifarms.net
There's no concern to 99.9998% of the site.

Btw, Internet advocacy groups are useless.
There are 45,000 registered KF members. If .0002% of the 45,000 are in trouble, it's less than one user. If we round up, there is probably ONE member who is in trouble.

This should also definitively answer any questions of "has Kiwi Farms been compromised by feds", FUCKING YES

Vecr

kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because my morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm lost here. Can someone explain what this means? What kind of new additions could we expect to find?
I would assume some sort of JavaScript tracking module, or something like that, as most people don't have Flash anymore.

Basically, anything that turns the site into a honey pot.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because my morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm lost here. Can someone explain what this means? What kind of new additions could we expect to find?
Yeah this, I'm really quite dumb about this

I would assume some sort of JavaScript tracking module, or something like that, as most people don't have Flash anymore.

Basically, anything that turns the site into a honey pot.
So that would allow glows to know I go by the Farms? Or like what?

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Vecr

kiwifarms.net
Yeah this, I'm really quite dumb about this

So that would allow glows to know I go by the Farms? Or like what?
I honestly don't know, it could theoretically help whoever put it there find out your IP address/where you live, or find out information about your browser/device.

Generally stuff that would de-anonymize the target users.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So let's make wild speculation beyond the boring basic "somebody was going to shoot up some stuff"

• HK-47 accidentally doxxed the saucermen when he went to upload a graph about soybean sales and misclicked
  • Kurds thread was being used for tactical intel of the battlefield
  • halal attempt turned out to be Barron

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino